Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (114240 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / Ruthless Betrayals: A story of love, betrayals, vengeance and the supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by joanee20(f): 8:08am On Jul 12, 2016
Joviegghead, pwettyella, joanee20, hebenz, where una dey?... [/b] [/quote]

Am here o...bn following silently, but now that everything is becoming clearer, no more hiding..
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Oladim001(m): 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
@solomonbrown64, please you need to tell us when to expect the next update. Before it was once a day, now its very confusing. I hope you get better. Expecting more updates...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
Oladim001:
@solomonbrown64, please you need to tell us when to expect the next update. Before it was once a day, now its very confusing. I hope you get better. Expecting more updates...
... .... I will update tomorrow... Am sorry for not doing so today... Thanks for the wishes...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Emanuel1997: 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
EbonyQueen001:
CR

Thank you Emanuel1997. *blushing already*
You don't need to thank me cos have already been caught in the euphoria of the story not to even notice that and you speaking up would make the writer to up the pace. Let me tell you this little secret. Am kind of jealous of you.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Pwettyella(f): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
solomonbrown64:
CONTINUED
ANNA

I should have known, I should have known. Oh dear spirits, I have failed in my duty as mother guardian. I have watched anarchy and chaos slowly build up under my nose and now, they are now in the flesh. How blind could I have been to the glaring signs the good spirits deemed fit to show me but I never saw them. Rachel was the seed planted by that king whom I know isn’t truly who he claims to be. How Nero died now seems clearer, he was killed by the one he betrayed.

There were rumours that they were both working on necromancy but I thought it to be just hearsay as the abilities to carry out such things were no longer in the living. But now, I wished I had given more thoughts to such ‘hearsay.’ Nero and the king were not just working together through his proxy; Melfisius, to break the hold on the ungifted, they were also working on bringing back the spirit of one of those who had both sides of the gift from centuries ago. Now, the spell was complicated and almost impossible to carry out, but the question I keep asking myself is why something like that could cross any of their minds, except if they had the perfect vessel to put that spirit. A reincarnation would have sufficed but what if the original body of that spirit never actually died; what if we have been fooled all this time that they were working on some spell when what was actually going on was putting back what should remain separated for good reasons?

Nero must have found out about this and saw the enormous power the king of the North will possess and smartly deposited the spirit in his unborn child for safe keeping. Of course, the spirit wasn’t meant for his vessel and he won’t be able to access the full powers of the spirit. Which explains why his gift isn’t balanced and why he has been trying ever since to even the scale. Now, if that were to be true, then Kieran’s balanced gifts will suggest that the spirit and his vessel are one. It will suggest that Kieran has walked this earth before in the time of the golden generation. This means that the good spirits sent Kieran to stop the original owner of the vessel which is the King of the North as he is said to be ungifted. He wasn’t sent to stop Lucien and him fighting the mad king will pave the path for the original vessel to come take what’s rightfully is. Oh dear, how blind have I truly been?

This was what I was assigned to stop but I have let happen. It’s too late to stop Kieran now as he must be in the south already. The king of the North must have been planning this for a long time now and must have used the prophecy to guide himself till this point. I should have seen through his request to have one of his gifted ones trained by us. He actually sent her to carry out his evil plans.

I heard someone enter my Chambers and turned to see Claudia locking the doors behind her.

“Mother, why did you allow him leave?” she asked.

“All that is happening is beyond just the thirst for vengeance. What is happening now has been foretold a long time ago. Two of the golden destinies from time past live amidst us as we speak.”

“Yes, we have two golden ones in the persons of Lucien and Kieran, but…………”

“No, there is another who has been alive long before Kieran and Lucien were born.”

“Another? Why haven’t we heard of him or sense his gift all this time?”

“That’s because his gift was taken from him but now he will have it back from the one that shouldn’t have housed it in the first place.”
She looked confused after what I said,

“Lucien’s gift was unlocked after whatever his father did to him; therefore the gift in him is his and his alone. How can his gift be for another?”

“You are wrong in what you just said. No one born in this generation will ever have his or her ungifted spirit ever unlocked by any spell or ritual. It’s impossible, I know that because the gift in Kieran is that of a spirit; the spirit from his previous life on this earth. The king of the North is something else as he has somehow managed to keep himself alive all these years waiting for one who has the special abilities of Necrocmacy to walk this Earth again. He found that person in Nero and he got him to do the work of bringing his locked spirit from the Underworld, which Nero was able to do. But instead of putting the powerful spirit in the right vessel, Nero kept it in his unborn son, which account for the unbalanced gift in Lucien.”

“You mean the king of the North is immortal?”

“He probably is, we can’t be certain.” “So, what does this all means?” she asked. This was the reason why I preferred discussing such things with Ellen, she is far more intelligent than any guardian here, except probably Rachel.

“It simply means I failed to see the unseen game that couldn’t be killed. I failed in my duty to prevent another tyrant from continuing from where Nero and his son stopped. Kieran was sent to stop this man and not Lucien. This man is actually the flesh of prophecy and not Kieran. There are actually two reincarnations in him and Kieran; one knows already but the other doesn’t. I thought Kieran was the broken destiny but now I know he is not; the king is the broken destiny while Kieran is the sword of vengeance. Kieran is a vengeful soul from the good spirits but the mystery question is who this broken man is from?”

...... Well, I am getting my groove back, thanks guys for your tips and all...... I should have posted since on Saturday but the last two days have been crazy, something I will put in my next story, so watch out....
..... I guess this update clears the brilliant argument that has ensued since my absence. I see you EbonyQueen001, thanks for the tip. Tobadein, your head dey there. Thanks everyone all the same...
... Joviegghead, pwettyella, joanee20, hebenz, where una dey?...
Lol,I v been here ooo,na sch ooo,m following oo
As usual,nyc story

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by vickkydgreat(m): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2016
Pwettyella:

As usual,nyc story

how many time are we gona tell u guys nt to quote d whole update Sorry to say its irritating seeing long sometn tinking its an update..... No pun intended ma

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by missuniverse(f): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2016
Pwettyella:
Lol,I v been here ooo,na sch ooo,m following oo As usual,nyc story
mehn! sweetheart u made me think its an update

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by gbemi514: 9:47am On Jul 13, 2016
vickkydgreat:

how many time are we gona tell u guys nt to quote d whole update Sorry to say its irritating seeing long sometn tinking its an update..... No pun intended ma
sincerely I think some people need to be given a manual on how to use NL

2 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Pwettyella(f): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2016
vickkydgreat:

M soo sorry
Thanks
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Pwettyella(f): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2016
missuniverse:
mehn! sweetheart u made me think its an update
So sorry Ma
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
CONTINUED
LUCIEN

If only I didn’t need this old man, he would have been walking in the underworld a long time ago. Sometimes, he seems to forget I am the king and he is only an adviser and therefore I can decide to do what I want with his so called words of wisdom. This time, I didn’t even ask for any of such words of wisdom or whatever, I only called him to carry out a task for me but he suddenly remembered his duty. The other time, he was busy looking into what was not his concern and when he knew he was going nowhere, he suddenly remembered he had a duty to his king. Since he was quite interested in the outcome of the battle and somehow been able to see the hundreds of people die, I ordered him to lead the first charge towards the city wall and I would follow closely behind later. He bowed and left my presence to begin the first strike against the might of the North.

I actually decided against going towards the North because for some reason, the gift I stole from the hunter’s daughter suddenly started working after all this time. I had this uneasy feeling about leading the assault against the North and since my father got himself killed doing the same thing I was about to do, I stayed in the palace with six of my gordands. Something was going to happen sooner or later to me, so it’s wiser and safer for to be in my palace where I have the advantage of both magic and steel.

I waited patiently for whatever was coming throughout the whole day but nothing happened but the feeling remained. I managed to sleep with my gordands watching me. I woke up with a start; I knew what was chasing me. The hunter was back from the forgotten lands and he was coming for me. The Aura from him was quite powerful and filled with rage. He must have found out the way his family was killed as that could be the only reason why he was filled with so much rage. He must be quite determined and even a battalion will be unable to stop him. I got up immediately from my bed and washed myself before putting on my royal robes for battle. My gordands were surprised at my dressing but I just ignored them and ordered them to get the experienced ones who were quite gifted and foot soldiers to guard the entrance to the palace. Deep down, I knew they wouldn’t be enough to stop this man coming as his rage knew no bounds and as someone who wields the same gift as he was, I knew that to be true.

I waited patiently in my court for the man to arrive and the morning came and went yet he wasn’t here. Afternoon came too and passed but the man was yet to arrive yet I could still feel his rage from where I was. I told the men at the gates of the palace to stand their ground but I didn’t need to because as soon as it was nightfall, we are heard lightening ripped through some men outside. Immediately, the wall of steel and flesh moved closer to me. I could feel his aura more closely now and I could tell that he was the one who just summoned the lightening. We awaited his next move to take out the men in the outer yard and it came in a marvelous way. I felt the ground shake with so much force; it made cracks along the walls of my court. The gordands looked at me with fear in their eyes as they have never experienced magic like this before but they had more reason to fear as the next attack made them hold hands together and prayed to the good spirits. I never actually knew they still prayed. The next attack after the earth moving one was a wind so powerful it caused some of the parts of my beautiful palace to collapse. If the wind could destroy stones and rocks, it was no surprise what it did to the humans at the outer yard. Their screams were everything one could only imagine and soon everything died down. There was silence and quiet and when I didn’t hear anything for quite some time, I sent the foot soldiers with me to see what was happening. They didn’t come back as I heard lightening and then agonizing screams.

The gordands stetched to cover me as we awaited the hunter and he came with a very beautiful woman. I wonder why he brought the woman but I was even more surprised when I saw Nyasa behind him. How was she still alive? If he was truly out for vengeance, why would he spare the woman that hung his wife?
He was with a sword as he knew he couldn’t fight the gordands with Magic. He moved back and then I felt his aura change, he was about to perform a spell and somehow I was able to know that he wanted to shake the ground. I stopped the spell by doing the same thing he was about to do, the ground didn’t shake and same thing happened to the spell of the wind. He was frustrated and so decided to use his sword, two of the gordands went after him but he took care of them easily. Another set charged towards and he slit their throats like they were sheep on the slaughter table. I was enraged by what he just did but also astonished at his clinical moves. This was a hunter not a swordsman and even if he was the latter, most cannot match one of the gordands but he put down four without doing much.

The remaining two were wise to remain with me and Nyasa who was nearly blinded by the man joined me. I applauded his effort but I had enough of the killings, it was time to put an end to all of this. I decided against using magic against him but instead watch him waste valuable energy. He was fighting through his rage and despite all of what he has displayed; he was still yet to be one with his gift. The only way to defeat him was to focus our attacks on the woman with him, which will distract him and allow the gordands put their rage on him. I began by sending both the cursed flames and ordinary fire towards the woman. Immediately, I did, Nyasa charged towards him. He stood in front of the woman and soon as the flames touched him, they were extinguished. He left her to fight off Nyasa but before he could counter her attack, I sent lightening towards her. This was a lightening, simple witches such the woman with him couldn’t stop and he knew and once again went in front of her. That distraction was enough for Nyasa, the best fighter among the gordands to strike him across his lower abdomen. He countered back by striking her forehead with the hilt of his sword but the damage had been done as he was already bleeding.

The cut was deep as he staggered back to his feet after hitting Nyasa. I call forth Lightening from the underworld and hurled it towards the woman, and this time the rest of the gordands followed. He stopped the lightening from killing the woman and opened himself to another strike from Nyasa, who was already on her feet. She struck her knife across the arm that held his sword and that enabled the other two to attack him without any hindrance. Celine struck at his cock to bring him down while Cara gave me a kick to his bleeding stomach which brought him to his knees in grunts and pains. He should never have brought a child to the arena where men battled. Nyasa smiled and went after the powerless woman but the hunter reacted quickest and rose to his feet to pull Nyasa back by dragging her hair. She screamed in pain but the other two came to her rescue by drawing their knives across his back and thighs. He quickly released the woman but somehow when Nyasa went towards the woman, she couldn’t seem to touch the woman. Magic doesn’t work on them so why would a shield made of magic prevent Nyasa from doing what she wanted with the woman?

I left the woman and focused on the weak hunter who was now at my mercy. His rage wasn’t enough to give him his vengeance. I moved closer to him as Celine held a knife across his throat and Cara kept playing with the deep cut on his arm with her knife.

“You failed to save your family and once again you failed to get them vengeance, what a failure of a man. A man as yourself shouldn’t be alive.” I said as I gazed into his eyes but instead of frowning, he smiled. He spat out blood and then suddenly I realized why he sent a shield so powerful it surpassed the spell on the gordands, he was about to release his light. I wasn’t fast enough to erect a shield before he release his gift in the form of a light so powerful, no lightening could be compared to it. The foundations of my palace were shaken and then I felt something move through me which made me fall to the ground.

I woke up later to pains all over my body, I tried to get up but I couldn’t as some powerful force held me down. I saw candles lit around me which made realize I was in some sort of circle. I heard footsteps approach and then a familiar face was staring right into my eyes.

“It’s time to take back what was rightfully mine, young king.” The king of the North said. Where exactly am I, I asked myself.

3 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
Pwettyella:

As usual,nyc story
..... Thanks dear.... Keep following..
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
babydecency2:
Well am nt too scared for kirean's life cos i knw claudia will be there on tym to save him. Ride on solo.

.... Thanks dear....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
BraniacX:
Chai! shocked
Sooohlooooh!!!!
U aff kill me! shocked
... ... Lol... No die yet oh...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Temitope012(m): 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
wat a wonderful twisting, so interesting...kudos 2 u bro

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Oladim001(m): 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
@solomonbrown64, so i'm not important thats why you ignored my post abi, you cannot reply well done oo.
Thanks for the update. I noted somethings.
1. You didn't introduce those two gordonds well at all. If you wanted to give them names, then you should have named the others as well. It doesnt seem right.
2. You said 'the gordonds looked AT with fear in their eyes'. The AT shouldn't be there and if it should, then there should be 'me' after the 'at'. Also you said 'how IS she still alive. And you've been narrating with past tense, why would you use present tense.
All in all thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
Oladim001:
@solomonbrown64, so i'm not important thats why you ignored my post abi, you cannot reply well done oo.
Thanks for the update. I noted somethings.
1. You didn't introduce those two gordonds well at all. If you wanted to give them names, then you should have named the others as well. It doesnt seem right.
2. You said 'the gordonds looked AT with fear in their eyes'. The AT shouldn't be there and if it should, then there should be 'me' after the 'at'. Also you said 'how IS she still alive. And you've been narrating with past tense, why would you use present tense.
All in all thanks for the update.
[b]... Ola, you won't kill with laugh... Anyway, I reply those who seldom comment so that they will do more of that, shey you understand?... It's not that I ignored you, I replied your question yesterday na... If I don't reply a comment, I press the like button... No put am for mind, lol.... You be my padi na...
... To your first question, I don't want to reveal everything now because I do have the intention of rewriting each book I post on nairaland and then publish them later, so I deliberately skip some characters or briefly introduce them. I didn't mention the names of the other four gordonds because they were of no interest to Nyasa, Kieran, Lucien and the reason they were fighting in the first place, you get my point? Kieran is out for vengeance and he wants the persons responsible for the death of family killed, the other gordonds don't count, except Celine, Cara and Nyasa. If you have followed my stories closely, you will see notice that pattern of me deliberately skipping characters and facing the main plot...
.... To your second question; it's the way I write. I switch between tenses to make it seem as though the person has experienced what he/she is relaying in his/her point of view to make for better reading. If you read carefully, you will notice that the present tense started when Kieran entered the inner court. Which means the King was only relaying what happened before then. I will amend some of the things you pointed... Thanks for heads up.... [/b]

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by BraniacX(m): 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
solomonbrown64:
... ... Lol... No die yet oh...
Oya finisss am today make i read so that i fit go back to yesterday go die grin
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by babydecency2(f): 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice one dear. Pls stp delaying claudia's arrival at d battle scene. Waiting for next update o.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by hebenz(m): 1:17am On Jul 14, 2016
weldone... still i follow
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Daniyomex(m): 8:56am On Jul 14, 2016
Weldone Bro @Solomonbrown64, following you back to back
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by yusufibrahim(m): 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
Great update boss more grace to u..... God Bless
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Mutaino7(m): 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
It's good to be back
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
CONTINUED
ELLEN

I wasn’t sure of how he plans to defeat three gordands at once and a king who is said to be very deadly in combat. I didn’t like the way he applauded Kieran’s exploits of killing four of his women, that was no small feat and I wondered myself how he learnt to use the sword the way he just did. The way he moved and his quick decisions to incapacitate the first two was what only experienced foot soldiers could do but Kieran was no soldier and hunters do not use swords in chasing games in the wild. If I had any doubts that he must have been a swords man at one point in his life, his next moves confirmed everything. The manner the next two gordands charged towards him scared even me but Kieran was calm and he performed a simple but very complicated trick that involves a lot of energy. I was scared of him losing steam just before the main battle as he has been using a lot from his gift which should be telling on his body by now, it seems his rage is what is still pushing him on.
Still, his accuracy and timing to move his sharp weapons across the throat of his enemies showed not just experience but perfection from not just the use of swords but also from killing humans and not games. Beasts do not stand at such heights like that of his assailants, something is certainly wrong somewhere.

Some of the things he did especially the one where he had to pick sand and blow to the wind were spells I have never heard or seen done before. It didn’t even look like a spell, it seemed like he was calling forth to those elements. Which also reminds me of the fact that all of his attacks since we met have always been elemental, he has never used normal spells and enchantments. The power behind his attacks were quite unusual, is Kieran an Elemental too? People of his powers are no more and not one who can control and manipulate even one of the elements the way he does has been born for generations now. But if he was also an elemental, mother would have known about it, after all she watched him for years and she would have known if he was a swords man too.

Regardless of his unusual gifts, no unlearned person especially one who just had his gifts unlocked should be able to carry out such difficult and complicated moves that involves series of spells and spells. The way he carries them out was like one who has done this over and over again. It doesn’t make any sense but then, the gift inside him was unusual too, so that being inside him the controlling him? Still, something cannot control one to carry out things he hasn’t done before with so much precision, who exactly is Kieran?

I put Kieran aside and tried to think of a way to help in whatever he had in mind for the king and his wall. He held my right arm but I knew he wouldn’t be able to do much if he has me in mind. I pulled my arm away from him and tried to think of something, probably, I will use the invisibility trick on the gordands if they attack us but that didn’t happen. Kieran was waiting eagerly for them to attack but that didn’t happen as the king used his experience and instead focused on me rather than his rival. He sent one of the deadliest and dreaded things in the world of magic to me – the cursed flames. I didn’t know how I was supposed to evade such as Kieran will be preoccupied with trying to stop the charge of Vanessa but instead of facing his own fight, he came to my rescue which was lovely but equally stupid as that opened him to the attack of Vanessa. I thought she would be a little lenient on him as they were once lovers and also, Kieran saved her life but I was wrong. She cut him so deep into his abdomen that I thought his intestines would fall out but they didn’t. Despite her clear intents to incapacitate or kill her former lover, Kieran was only able to hit her head with his sword as he must have been surprised at what Vanessa just did to him.

The king had found a weakness in Kieran and it was me, so he continued to focus his attacks on me and Kieran kept taking the bait and kept coming to my aid and kept opening himself up to attacks from ones more vicious than his former lover. They attacked him relentlessly until they forced him to his knees with him drenched in his own blood. I didn’t know what to do anymore because the only who could protect me from them was on the floor and it was no surprise that immediately Kieran was where they wanted him to be, the traitor came after me smiling from ear to ear. I couldn’t use magic against her and my pony trick might not work since their king was getting closer to where Kieran was. When she was just a few metres from me, Kieran suddenly stood to his feet like nothing was wrong with him and held Vanessa from coming any closer by pulling her hair. She screamed and her fellow women came to her aid by cutting through Kieran like he was a game. He returned to his previous position and I wondered why he even bothered to stand up in the first place as he only made Vanessa angry. She hurried her steps and was about to drag me when she was stopped by an invincible wall, she tried again but the same thing happened. She was beyond shocked to discover that magic could actually work against her. I was surprised myself and wondered how Kieran could have carried out something like that as quickly as he did, what sort of shield did he put around me that even works against beings such as gordands? I have never heard of something like that before so how come Kieran knows about something like that.

The king himself was surprised but then he thought he had had it with Kieran and sought to finish him once and for all as he was already bleeding to his death. As I watched the king walk closer to Kieran, I realized that I had failed in my duty to stop Kieran from doing what he has just failed to do as well as protect him. I couldn’t even stop an attack, I have only turned out to be his weakness and if I wasn’t here, maybe he would have had his vengeance. I wept as the king got closer to put an end to the only man I had ever fallen in love with but suddenly, I felt the weak aura of Kieran change and then it seemed like his gift was leaving his body on its own without anything calling it out. I was wrong, it wasn’t leaving, it was changing to something else. Kieran’s gift was turning into some kind of attack, no a powerful beam of light. The one that is called the light of creation, a light that destroys and as well as creates. If Kieran was going to unleash his light, it means he was ready to die just to make sure the people behind the death of his family walk in the underworld and not the world of the living. I tried to stop him but failed as the light surged out from every part of his skin and caused a thunderous sound that went deep into the foundations of the palace. The gordands with him were taken off their feet as well as the king. I turned to find Vanessa but I couldn’t see her. The walls of the inner court cracked and some broke to pieces but the shield around me held. If the shield still holds, then it means that Kieran still breathes despite the fact that his body was horrible to look at as he was the first casualty of what he called forth. The king was lying still on the floor with the other gordands too. I tried to move but discovered I couldn’t because of the shield, I looked around me there was nothing but death and destruction brought about by a single man.

I sat on the floor and hoped for Kieran to wake up but I doubted if that would ever happen. After a while, I heard footsteps and it revealed to be the feet of the king of the North and his wizard, Melfisius. What were they doing here? They looked around and saw that I was the only one awake, the wizard immediately tried to hurt me but it didn’t work because of the shield. He realized he couldn’t as well as I wasn’t a threat and so he walked towards Kieran. He shook his head after touching him and quickly they left him and went for the body of the king who was still lying still. They dragged his body to a corner of the court and then the wizard drew a circle around Lucien’s body and then put candles around the circle. He lit the candles and just as they were about to begin their ritual, Lucien opened his eyes. I was shocked I thought he was dead but he wasn’t. He tried to get up but something held him back. Then I heard the king of the North say something about taking what belonged to him in the first place. Lucien was surprised and tried to get himself from the strange hold but that didn’t work. The wizard drew a circle too after the other king laid on the floor beside Lucien. He didn’t put candles around him this time but instead brought out a book and started calling out some strange words.

After a while, Lucien who was screaming to be released started screaming of pain as his body started shaking furiously. The wizard continued and then slowly, a white light started leaving Lucien’s body in the form of a man and moved towards the king of the North. As the light moved, Lucien’s screams became even more agonizing but they soon stopped as soon as the light entered into the King’s body. Another thunderous sound similar to that of Kieran’s happened, followed by lightening and then the king stood up. He was on all smiles but the they disappeared when Kieran suddenly opened his eyes. How is he still alive?

.. Alright, just a few more chapters to the end of story. Another is coming and this time it will be a setting in Nigeria. Watch out for that as well as for the first installment of the wolf series...
.. .. Sorry about any errors in this update, I didn't really proof read.......

10 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by preetypam(f): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2016
feed me more solomonbrowny,,, thanks for the update
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by SamjohnnyB(m): 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
solomonbrown64:

.. Alright, just a few more chapters to the end of story. Another is coming and this time it will be a setting in Nigeria. Watch out for that as well as for the first installment of the wolf series...
.. .. Sorry about any errors in this update, I didn't really proof read.......

Thank You Boss. More Update Please
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Temmason(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
I refuse to do any critical review on this work and just enjoy it.
Superb.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Lecturebidz(m): 3:48am On Jul 15, 2016
I dey enjoy dis movie die!!grin
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Oladim001(m): 5:23am On Jul 15, 2016
@solomonbrown64. Wow, can't wait for the ending of this wonderful story.
You'd better post the link of where you'd be updating the third instalment cos i remember you said it wouldn't be on nairaland.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by prettyJoy22(f): 7:19am On Jul 15, 2016
nice one Solomon, I can't wait.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by boladex1: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2016
This update just make my day, Now waiting for the battle between Kieran and King of the North.

Thanks Solomonbrown64 for the update
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Ultimategeneral: 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
nice job out there

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.