Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,534 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (184264 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 11:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
SimplyFabulous:

Hello bro, I am currently thinking of moving over to Abidjan to start a trading business. Please i just need information on how i can get a decent room to start with and at what cost can i get it. I am hoping to arrive before the new year or probably by first week of the new year. I will appreciate any assistance i can get so that i dont find myself stranded there.
Thank you so much.
please mention me next time you need my attention. There are many decent rooms depending on your definition of decent. On the cost, budget from 25k to 50k per month excluding water and light bill.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 5:05am On Dec 16, 2017
roughdiamond:
please mention me next time you need my attention. There are many decent rooms depending on your definition of decent. On the cost, budget from 25k to 50k per month excluding water and light bill.
That amount,is it in naira or cfa?

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2017
cutieme:
That amount,is it in naira or cfa?
The amount is in Naira. Houses I have seen; one room 30-35k cfa, self con 50 - 80k. A friend that stays in two rooms apartment pays 60k cfa per month. Anyone thinking of coming here should know that things are highly expensive. I am not trying to discourage anyone but it will be nice to have the clear picture before embarking on the journey to avoid regrets.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
roughdiamond:
The amount is in Naira. Houses I have seen; one room 30-35k cfa, self con 50 - 80k. A friend that stays in two rooms apartment pays 60k cfa per month. Anyone thinking of coming here should know that things are highly expensive. I am not trying to discourage anyone but it will be nice to have the clear picture before embarking on the journey to avoid regrets.
OK,good but,are there jobs that one can do?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
cutieme:
OK,good but,are there jobs that one can do?
Aren't you supposed to be talking about basic communication in your daily activities like eating, transportation etc. I wouldn't want to recall how I managed to eat my first meal here. I nearly gave up on the process. If you understand perfect French, you may find a job but honestly, I can't write about jobs here as I am not in the line.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2017
communication wouldn't be a problem because I speak French tho not too fluent.My concern now is what I could do there to earn a living when my feet touches the country@roughdiamond.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 10:07am On Dec 23, 2017
@cutieme, nice that you speak French. But honestly, I don't know and can't tell much about getting a job because I am not in the line.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 11:56am On Dec 23, 2017
roughdiamond:
@cutieme, nice that you speak French. But honestly, I don't know and can't tell much about getting a job because I am not in the line.
OK but how is the business platform?which business moves better there that one can easily venture into?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ccollins(m): 2:13am On Jan 17, 2018
good4all40:
SENT YOU CAN CHECK E-MAIL NOW
resend the email
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ccollins(m): 2:15am On Jan 17, 2018
I came back to renew this thread folks, what kind of profitable biz can I do there
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ccollins(m): 2:19am On Jan 17, 2018
LeStylo:

Hi Collins, Sent you an email this evening. Waiting for your reply.
Faire-toi une bonne soirée.
please resend it
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ccollins(m): 2:20am On Jan 17, 2018
LeStylo:

Hello. An old friend in CIV would love to sell beads. Perhaps i can hook you two and she could be your retailer of sort. What do you think? Yes, she's an Ivoirian but speaks no word of English apart from basic greetings.

Let me know what you think.
yes, please message me her number
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by topyhanky(m): 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
lilrash4real1:
Bienvenue frere, je suis Rasheed la Nigeria. I have already made up my mind for coming to Abidjan soon and I am very good business marketer currently in oil and gas marketing and computer information technology marketing.. My information technology business is more about selling of computer parts and accessories which I intend to come a start up a branch in Abidjan, and the most important thing I thought of my travelling is because of lack of forex to move my information technology business line.. I thought if I am able to travel to Abidjan I will be able to use Abidjan visa or master card to purchase online through eBay using PayPal, please can this be possible? How is the rate of engine oil importation and exportation in Ivory cost per say.. If I can't use ivory cost bank cards on international pos for purchase my travelling won't be necessary then and can I be able to get a studio one room immediately upon my arrival that will cost 40,000cfa?. I am currently learning French on my own, because I am fast learner.

I am a very young talented person with a lot of business idea and a good marketing analytic skills.. But I don't believe in dirty business, because there is no gain in cheating.. @ugosample @ify----- @everyone_Abidjan_please react.. Contact me through mail or drop me a what'sapp number to my mail.. lilrash4real@yahoo.com..

Merci.

Bro are you still in Nigeria or you're already at Abidjan
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by topyhanky(m): 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
What do you think someone can export from Nigeria down to abidjan

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by lovethone1: 1:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hello everyone Greetings to you all, please is there anyone currently in Abidjan? I need information about getting a studio apartment in areas like Cocody, Riviera etc... I am coming over next month for linguistic studies on French and Spanish. Pls your immediate response will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 11:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
lovethone1:
Hello everyone Greetings to you all, please is there anyone currently in Abidjan? I need information about getting a studio apartment in areas like Cocody, Riviera etc... I am coming over next month for linguistic studies on French and Spanish. Pls your immediate response will be appreciated.

Thanks
Budget from 80k cfa and above (1kcfa = N650) when I checked last. Though, you can get a cheaper one.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
Rough diamond,how far u b na? It's been quite ages o,how is Abidjan now?Hope u don settle down
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 7:16am On Feb 18, 2018
heaven4me:
Rough diamond,how far u b na? It's been quite ages o,how is Abidjan now?Hope u don settle down
Abidjan is cool, I am cool too. Settling in a strange country with strange language is not rocket science. Nigga has been trying to settle small small.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ogbolu0147(m): 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
Good day every one...I just got an employment as a sales officer in a telecom company... And I am schedule to be posted to ivory coast, SAN PEDRO to be precise.....don't really know much about the place...haven't gotten enough information from google...so anyone in the house with useful info about San pedro ......please let me know...
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 12:30am On Feb 19, 2018
ogbolu0147:
Good day every one...I just got an employment as a sales officer in a telecom company... And I am schedule to be posted to ivory coast, SAN PEDRO to be precise.....don't really know much about the place...haven't gotten enough information from google...so anyone in the house with useful info about San pedro ......please let me know...
San Pedro is outside Abidjan. I haven't been to the place and virtually don't know anyone there. But I suggest you take the bull by the horn. Arrive Abidjan and board a bus going to San Pedro at Adjame. When you get there, you look for a hotel to stay for few days and sort yourself out. Cost of living is cheaper there compared to Abidjan. I believe you can speak French already. You can as well drop questions about what you want to know about the place and I will try my best to ask friends.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
Roughdiamond I can perceive from here yhat you are already acclimated to life and the system there,so what is your view of life there in ivory and what are the opportunities laid out for one to tap into?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
heaven4me:
Roughdiamond I can perceive from here yhat you are already acclimated to life and the system there,so what is your view of life there in ivory and what are the opportunities laid out for one to tap into?
Your perception is wrong as I still encounter challenges here on daily basis. How can that be when I buy paracetamol that I used to buy 20-50Naira 200cfa, antimalaria 2500cfa, Antibiotics 8700cfa? If I should tell the truth, Abidjan is over hyped. Cost of living is just too high. Whoever wants to come should be fully prepared.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 11:35am On Feb 20, 2018
roughdiamond:
Your perception is wrong as I still encounter challenges here on daily basis. How can that be when I buy paracetamol that I used to buy 20-50Naira 200cfa, antimalaria 2500cfa, Antibiotics 8700cfa? If I should tell the truth, Abidjan is over hyped. Cost of living is just too high. Whoever wants to come should be fully prepared.

Not overhyped bro, Abidjan is what it is.
The cost of living is a little higher, and the standard of living is way higher.

The price of things that are high depends on the production and exportation. CIV don't realy produce drugs per say, likewise nylon, noodles, and stuffs, but can you compare the prices of banana, coconut oil, anything made with rubber, food in general, cloth and textile to price in Nigeria?

Just 'exemplifying'

P.S: Imagine buying a plate of meal or that same paracetamol in any top state in the U.S. You will prices like 5$, 6$, and 20$ for food. please do the conversion.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by frenchman2: 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
lovethone1:

Thanks

I want to believe you are going to Universite de Cocody (C.U.E.F. am I correct?)for your french studies. Cocody and Riviera are highbrow areas of Abidjan. The cost of getting accommodation there would just be too high for you as a student.
I went for my french studies there in 2001, what i did was to rent a room in the hostel. You will come across Ivorian students ready to rent their accommodation. This will help you a lot. you will be having the ivorians as room mates and neighbours so you have no choice but to speak the french you came to learn. so when you learn theory in class you do practical in the hostel.
This was what i did, and i never regretted it.
As at 2001 i paid 10,000 cfa per month for the hostel accommodation. This particular accommodation is just two people sharing a room. you have a bathroom inside your room for both of you. while the toilet is in the passage where about 20 rooms sharing i think 6 -8 toilets.

this was the one i paid for.

but there is another type of room. like a self contained. where just two people sharing a toilet and a bathroom. as at then, this one goes for 25,000 cfa per month.

There you are. The choice is yours.
wish you all the best in your studies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ay4joy2008: 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
please who can help..... i need enlightment on abidjan... i will soon get there.... i dont really no much on it..... my whatsapp number 08165480508. thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by goodieuzo: 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2018
frenchman2:

I want to believe you are going to Universite de Cocody (C.U.E.F. am I correct?)for your french studies. Cocody and Riviera are highbrow areas of Abidjan. The cost of getting accommodation there would just be too high for you as a student.
I went for my french studies there in 2001, what i did was to rent a room in the hostel. You will come across Ivorian students ready to rent their accommodation. This will help you a lot. you will be having the ivorians as room mates and neighbours so you have no choice but to speak the french you came to learn. so when you learn theory in class you do practical in the hostel.
This was what i did, and i never regretted it.
As at 2001 i paid 10,000 cfa per month for the hostel accommodation. This particular accommodation is just two people sharing a room. you have a bathroom inside your room for both of you. while the toilet is in the passage where about 20 rooms sharing i think 6 -8 toilets.

this was the one i paid for.

but there is another type of room. like a self contained. where just two people sharing a toilet and a bathroom. as at then, this one goes for 25,000 cfa per month.

There you are. The choice is yours.
wish you all the best in your studies

how long does the study last I mean years?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Jfolu: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2018
Please I will need help when I arrive abidjan, am planning to visit between july and August. anyone willing to help a bro will be appreciated.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by frenchman2: 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
goodieuzo:
how long does the study last I mean years?

the one i did was for 6 months duration
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by goodieuzo: 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2018
frenchman2:

the one i did was for 6 months duration
thanks.how did you apply? Can I add you on whatsapp.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by onatisi(m): 5:43pm On Mar 02, 2018
There seems to be 4 categories of ppl traveling to Abidjan,namely hustlers,students, expatriates and traders .
Pls the bitter truth is HUSTLING IN ABIDJAN OR ANY WEST AFRICAN COUNTRY ISN'T EASY,
Secondly one needs to have more than enough cash to settle down,it isn't easy to arrive in a country and be thinking of settling down with the money been made from hustling there ,it is a Damm time waster,by the time one settles down 2 years would have elapsed. But if you enter a country with more than enough cash like 1.5m then you can rent,feed and regularise your papers on time and still save money

6 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by goodieuzo: 8:30pm On Mar 02, 2018
onatisi:
There seems to be 4 categories of ppl traveling to Abidjan,namely hustlers,students, expatriates and traders .
Pls the bitter truth is HUSTLING IN ABIDJAN OR ANY WEST AFRICAN COUNTRY ISN'T EASY,
Secondly one needs to have more than enough cash to settle down,it isn't easy to arrive in a country and be thinking of settling down with the money been made from hustling there ,it is a Damm time waster,by the time one settles down 2 years would have elapsed. But if you enter a country with more than enough cash like 1.5m then you can rent,feed and regularise your papers on time and still save money
1.5m for west African country?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by onatisi(m): 8:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
goodieuzo:
1.5m for west African country?
Yes ,
You have to think of feeding ,accommodation,and many other expenses,getting a job in these countries aren't easy and if you are going to start business you will need huge capital ,believe me when I tell you that most of these West African countries are very expensive unlike Nigeria.
Traveling to another country and settling down comfortably and progressively goes beyond just transportation cost

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.