Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (184202 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2018
onatisi:

Yes ,
You have to think of feeding ,accommodation,and many other expenses,getting a job in these countries aren't easy and if you are going to start business you will need huge capital ,believe me when I tell you that most of these West African countries are very expensive unlike Nigeria.
Traveling to another country and settling down comfortably and progressively goes beyond just transportation cost
This is nothing but the truth. It was here that I discovered that Nigeria is a very cheap country to live in. Whoever wants to come should please ask proper questions. Like I wrote in the past, most of the information given at the tread earlier are no longer obtainable . I have personally written enough about cost of living here, at a point it seemed like I was discouraging people. But the truth is that most Nigerians I have seen here are rich. Their sources, I am yet to know.

6 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
goodieuzo:
1.5m for west African country?
That amount is even small. When you remove accommodation 30k-50k Naira, buy your basic things. How much do you think will be left? Besides, one will be faced with a language barrier, thereby barring you from establishing a business immediately. Though, I have heard stories and met people who came here with nothing but are already doing great. But one just has to consider the price.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2018
Jfolu:
Please I will need help when I arrive abidjan, am planning to visit between july and August. anyone willing to help a bro will be appreciated.
State exactly what you want here. I suggest you get all the info you want too before coming. Nigerians maybe the last people to give you a listening ear on arrival.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
ay4joy2008:
please who can help..... i need enlightment on abidjan... i will soon get there.... i dont really no much on it..... my whatsapp number 08165480508. thanks
Why not just be specific on your wants instead of dropping your whatsapp number. I will personally try my best but any conversation outside the tread is not welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2018
Refreshing the Look!

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by onatisi(m): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2018
roughdiamond:
This is nothing but the truth. It was here that I discovered that Nigeria is a very cheap country to live in. Whoever wants to come should please ask proper questions. Like I wrote in the past, most of the information given at the tread earlier are no longer obtainable . I have personally written enough about cost of living here, at a point it seemed like I was discouraging people. But the truth is that most Nigerians I have seen here are rich. Their sources, I am yet to know.
Exactly,when you tell people then truth about travelling,they usually think you are a sadist but whereas one is just been plain with the truth.
If one doesn't have more than enough cash,one should not try traveling.with enough funds ,assimilating into a new strange society is usually faster and easier .

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
CI

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Jfolu: 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
roughdiamond:
State exactly what you want here. I suggest you get all the info you want too before coming. Nigerians maybe the last people to give you a listening ear on arrival.

tanx roughdiamond; am into music full time, is there opportunities there on that line
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ogbolu0147(m): 2:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
I have been in Abidjan for the past two weeks naw.....of a truth things are expensive here....i stay at trencville and work at adjame....my main issue is the food and language ....although I work with a Nigerian firm here and the pay is OK..compared to the standard of living here.....but any NAIRALANDER THAT LIVES AT THIS LOCATION AND CAN SPEAK FRENCH PLEASE HOLLA AT ME 66 92 75 86 or my naija number on what app...08064800890...just need company..as per naija to naija.....
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 12:30am On Mar 05, 2018
Jfolu:

tanx roughdiamond; am into music full time, is there opportunities there on that line
Honestly, I don't know much about music but being a French country, I can't tell how easily you can adapt here. I will suggest you visit first and see how things go before relocating.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by gamaliel9: 9:02am On Mar 05, 2018
I found out that $1 = 534Cfa [the currency used in french speaking African countries] and 1$ =365naira

$1000 =534,000Cfa $1000=365,000naira

Is it not better to go to any of these French speaking countries with your dollar[cash],then change it there? You will have more money ooo

Am I wrong? Am i missing something?

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by good4all40: 10:28am On Mar 05, 2018
Well to my understanding and experience Accra is more expensive than Abidjan. Our currency used to be good to CFA but now it's nothing to write home about. I stayed in Abidjan for few months if you are rich or can start a small business, Abidjan is a similitude of Paradise in West Africa. Everything in that country is superb, Electricity, water, roads, foods and women. I will strongly advice anyone that one to stay in Abidjan for long to learn Elementary French before traveling. Alliance De Française is your best bet they have branches in more than 9 major cities in Nigeria. You can Google to know the best location for yourself

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by onatisi(m): 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
good4all40:
Well to my understanding and experience Accra is more expensive than Abidjan. Our currency used to be good to CFA but now it's nothing to write home about. I stayed in Abidjan for few months if you are rich or can start a small business, Abidjan is a similitude of Paradise in West Africa. Everything in that country is superb, Electricity, water, roads, foods and women. I will strongly advice anyone that one to stay in Abidjan for long to learn Elementary French before traveling. Alliance De Française is your best bet they have branches in more than 9 major cities in Nigeria. You can Google to know the best location for yourself
Accra is damn expensive.
Naija is the cheapest place to live ,the money you will use to survive in ABIDJAN or in Accra for 1 week will sustain you in Nigeria for like 2weeks if you are outside Lagos Sha ooo.
But what attracts ppl to those place is the standard and quality of life been lived. You can move about anytime you like, electricity and water is available and you have ur peace of mind ,to me that alone is worth more than millions

8 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Apus: 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2018
onatisi:
Accra is damn expensive.
Naija is the cheapest place to live ,the money you will use to survive in ABIDJAN or in Accra for 1 week will sustain you in Nigeria for like 2weeks if you are outside Lagos Sha ooo.
But what attracts ppl to those place is the standard and quality of life been lived. You can move about anytime you like, electricity and water is available and you have ur peace of mind ,to me that alone is worth more than millions
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Jfolu: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2018
roughdiamond:
Honestly, I don't know much about music but being a French country, I can't tell how easily you can adapt here. I will suggest you visit first and see how things go before relocating.

ok roughdiamond, am planning to visit by August. how can I reach you.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by goodieuzo: 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2018
gamaliel9:
I found out that $1 = 534Cfa [the currency used in french speaking African countries] and 1$ =365naira

$1000 =534,000Cfa $1000=365,000naira

Is it not better to go to any of these French speaking countries with your dollar[cash],then change it there? You will have more money ooo

Am I wrong? Am i missing something?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by frenchman2: 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
goodieuzo:
thanks.how did you apply? Can I add you on whatsapp.

i did my 1st degree in French. usually if you are studying french, year 3 is what we call 'year abroad'.
your year one and two is done in nigeria. year 3 , must be done in a francophone country chosen by your institution.
My institution chose Cote D'ivoire for us then.
you then come back home to do your final year.

are you planning to learn french in abidjan? if so, go to CUEF.
www.cuefabidjan.com
visit their site and learn more about them.
An amazing institution

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by HaykayBash: 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
oyek691:
I am very happy with you guys thinking of coming over to abidjan, i just finished schooling in my university in bassam, so am transfering to the U.S this august i mean to complete my studies in minnesota.
So if you are interested in coming to abj or anywhere in abj , be my guest.

Thnks bro. My fiancee just returned from Abidjan, will like to hook you up.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ay4joy2008: 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
please where can i get to abidjan from nigeria to abidjan..... how much is the transport by land and where can i board a bus or which type of vehicle please anyone to help me out
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by spartacus11(m): 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Read all, nice thread. Like d business prospect but been an expensive city, how mich u got will determine how far u can go.......
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by good4all40: 8:23am On Mar 08, 2018
ay4joy2008:
please where can i get to abidjan from nigeria to abidjan..... how much is the transport by land and where can i board a bus or which type of vehicle please anyone to help me out

Try Young shall grow MAZA MAZA, Lagos. Or alternatively Ejigbo, Osun State direct buses from there to Abidjan leave more than 2 times in a week. your price you should not exceed 20k but for YOUNG SHALL GROW it might be a bit more than that especially if you don't have an international passport

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 9:12am On Mar 10, 2018
Jfolu:

ok roughdiamond, am planning to visit by August. how can I reach you.
I am always available here.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Derende(m): 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2018
@roughdiamond I will be in Abidjan by next month, please can I have your contact
roughdiamond:
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 10:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
ay4joy2008:
ejigbo osun state.
27k flat.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
popizaino:
ejigbo osun state.
27k flat.

Cool. I am in Abidjan and I came through Ejigbo as always. The fare is 20k Naira (though I didn't pay any, u can't understand) You could hold 5k in hand incase you don't have passport to settle at the borders.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 26, 2018
I will like to visit this country by December, how much is hotel accommodation? Can 150k sustain a lady for 4 days including transportation and everything ?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 7:04am On Mar 26, 2018
Harzontorh:

Cool. I am in Abidjan and I came through Ejigbo as always. The fare is 20k Naira (though I didn't pay any, u can't understand) You could hold 5k in hand incase you don't have passport to settle at the borders.
I perfectly understand how you didn't have to pay any.beside the prices vary depending on the bus you followed.I am very certain you had to compete with some goods for space in the bus.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 7:14am On Mar 26, 2018
angelusbrut:
I will like to visit this country by December, how much is hotel accommodation? Can 150k sustain a lady for 4 days including transportation and everything ?
150k naira should be enough for 4 days and prices of the hotel accommodation should vary depending on the area but you can get a decent hotel in the region of 10000-15000cfa .
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Sunnysteve009(m): 7:43am On Mar 26, 2018
roughdiamond:

what advice will u give to someone that is planning to come to ivory coast to start mini importation business and it's prospect there,
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Sunnysteve009(m): 7:48am On Mar 26, 2018
popizaino:
150k naira should be enough for 4 days and prices of the hotel accommodation should vary depending on the area but you can get a decent hotel in the region of 10000-15000cfa .

Plz ur advice is needed on the types of business that will strive in ivory coast on a budget of 1m, u can state any reasonable plz.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by onatisi(m): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2018
Sunnysteve009:

Plz ur advice is needed on the types of business that will strive in ivory coast on a budget of 1m, u can state any reasonable plz.
dont plan or rely on information here , go there and make ur findings before taking a decision, online information is usually different from the real situation on ground ,
a word is enough for the wise sad

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
Sunnysteve009:

I can authoritatively tell you that motor spare part business will strive very well given your budget but on a condition if you find a buyer there first.I can help you transport your goods to abidjan when you are ready at a reasonable price.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.