Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (184748 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Sportwin(m): 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
Vickyme:
Good morning house.
Will 300k help to settle down first (rent and business)? And please if anyone who wants to move there and maybe share is apartment should contact me

Somebody should visit this question
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by dep07(f): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2020
Vickyme:
Good morning house.
Will 300k help to settle down first (rent and business)? And please if anyone who wants to move there and maybe share is apartment should contact me
Hi,let me attempt to answer your question with the little knowledge I have .I don't think this money will be sufficient to settle first, except you have someone to accommodate you. Rent is expensive and you pay like 4 months minimum for a start.For a self contain,you might pay as high as 80 to 100 cfa per month.minus light and water bill.
Everything here is costly compared
to Nigeria,so please plan well before coming.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Vickyme: 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
dep07:
Hi,let me attempt to answer your question with the little knowledge I have .I don't think this money will be sufficient to settle first, except you have someone to accommodate you. Rent is expensive and you pay like 4 months minimum for a start.For a self contain,you might pay as high as 80 to 100 cfa per month.minus light and water bill.
Everything here is costly compared
to Nigeria,so please plan well before coming.

Ok thanks.

Like how much person fit hold

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Vickyme: 10:08am On Oct 26, 2020
Like how much person fit hold?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Sunnysteve009(m): 10:21am On Oct 26, 2020
Vickyme:
Like how much person fit hold?

1m above should be ok, depending on the type of business you want to do and your test for apartment.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ChocolateHigh: 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
Sunnysteve009:

1m above should be ok, depending on the type of business you want to do and your test for apartment.
is #2million naira enough to start Motor parts buisness there?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 3:29am On Nov 11, 2020
Pls guys who are trying to leave naija and relocate to another country, pls don't give up on Ur dreams. Naija as it is now is so confused and in a state of comatos. I use to be on this thread before looking for means to be out of Naija. I started my quest around 2015 and today I'm a permanent resident of Canada.

I didn't stop even at different attempts but God answered my prayer miraculously. I just want to implore you guys to be consistent and be prayerful in your quest.
Peace ✌️

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by bull67: 2:07am On Nov 12, 2020
hmmmm. niger is getting worse. men in uniform killing citizens holding the countries flag. we are just wicked, we can never change.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 1:10am On Nov 24, 2020
Please where can I get a decent Nigerian meal in this Abidjan cocody. I'm tired of this their chicken and fish lifestyle embarassed
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 6:21am On Nov 24, 2020
Bullrun:
Please where can I get a decent Nigerian meal in this Abidjan cocody. I'm tired of this their chicken and fish lifestyle embarassed
baba what part of Abidjan can I live with 200k
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 6:51am On Nov 24, 2020
solarledfactory:
Are there safe for a girl travel alone?
are u in Abidjan
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 6:59am On Nov 24, 2020
Rupect:
I have a Haulage company that can deliver large consignment in Trade Fair Lagos to Abidjan.

Can I have your contact sir, there are many things I would like to discuss with you
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 10:47am On Nov 24, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
baba what part of Abidjan can I live with 200k

Cocody angre. You can get a 2 bedroom apartment with that amount.

But note their minimum rent is 4 months. So that's 800k cefa
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
Bullrun:

Cocody angre. You can get a 2 bedroom apartment with that amount.

But note their minimum rent is 4 months. So that's 800k cefa
Are you in Abidjan now?
Please I am planning to come over
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
Are you in Abidjan now?
Please I am planning to come over

What information do you need?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2020
Bullrun:

I am looking for a good spirited Nigerian that will accommodate ME for 3-4wks before I adapt small in the environment
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Lookandlaugh: 1:38am On Nov 25, 2020
Bullrun:

Goodday Sir,
What type of business or businesses do you think can be done in between the two countries(Nigeria and cote d'Ivoire).
For example,like exporting made in Nigeria goods to cote d'Ivoire.i mean a made in Nigeria products that will sell in cote d'Ivoire market.
We don't mind partnering with you or any other person in cote d'Ivoire.
Thanks.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 4:40am On Nov 25, 2020
Lookandlaugh:

Goodday Sir,
What type of business or businesses do you think can be done in between the two countries(Nigeria and cote d'Ivoire).
For example,like exporting made in Nigeria goods to cote d'Ivoire.i mean a made in Nigeria products that will sell in cote d'Ivoire market.
Thanks.
Most Nigerians abroad are very selfish,they might not reveal To you the secret to their wealth

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Chicago213(m): 5:38am On Nov 25, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

Most Nigerians abroad are very selfish,they might not reveal To you the secret to their wealth

That's true, but you won't blame them. The problem is that an average Nigerian isnt straight forward. You may decide to help a Nigerian and the next thing he wants to do is double cross you. Go to Dubai and hear stories of how Nigerians have casted the place to the extent that most companies there no longer want to employ them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 9:05am On Nov 25, 2020
Chicago213:

That's true, but you won't blame them. The problem is that an average Nigerian isnt straight forward. You may decide to help a Nigerian and the next thing he wants to do is double cross you. Go to Dubai and hear stories of how Nigerians have casted the place to the extent that most companies there no longer want to employ them.
Is not all Nigerians that have that mischievous character.I have met and host 2nairalanders in my 1room apartment here in Lagos.
I didn't even know them or met them prior to accepting them.They stayed in my house for 2wks before he completes the assignment he came to Lagos for.

I have also visited a nairalander at his farm at Ogun state, I stayed in his house for 1week.
His name is Tayo ,he has a pig farm at Ayetoro, after Mowe.
All these guys that have helped me will be forever indelible in my mind.
I just want to travel to Abidjan but I wish I can meet a good Nigerians that I can stay in his house for 2weeks,(no food.Just a place I will sleep.) before u acclimatize to the environment

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
I am looking for a good spirited Nigerian that will accommodate ME for 3-4wks before I adapt small in the environment

I can only show you around the city and help you with some real life information. I've been here for a while now but i still manage blend in. As a 9ja guy you'll survive just plan your cash well and learn French a bit before coming.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2020
Lookandlaugh:

Goodday Sir,
Thanks.

Techs & gadgets will sell wella. Those things are really expensive here but cheap in Nigeria... Taxi real estate business is also good here, restaurant business will boom! Taxi business pays, Quality fashion pays. This country is really untapped if you got the cash.

And if you're coming here for business, always use road transports for your goods..the tax here be like Europe.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Sunnysteve009(m): 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
Bullrun:

please is ivory coast land borders opened for movement......
secondly is the country save to visit after the presidential election
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sunnysteve009:

please is ivory coast land borders opened for movement......
secondly is the country save to visit after the presidential election

Not sure about the boarders. But airports are open. The country is safe for now. We hope it remains that way.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 12:58am On Nov 26, 2020
Bullrun:

I can only show you around the city and help you with some real life information. I've been here for a while now but i still manage blend in. As a 9ja guy you'll survive just plan your cash well and learn French a bit before coming.
Thanks
I am planning to come over God's willing February or March.I learnt there's a little conflict in the country as a result of the presidential election.

I was told that from maza maza(young shall grow) to Abidjan is 30k as long as you have your international passport and yellow fever vaccine.
I am budgeting 200k for this journey.
I am not planning to rent a house yet or lodge in a hotel because of insufficient cash. Unless I see a VERY cheap kiosk, cubicle or old room at the outskirt of Abidjan I can rent for 10k per month,i don't mind sharing the room with people Or I might even stay in the street or church.
I am not looking for comfort now.I am going there majority to identify any business that can thrive there. I learnt shoes, clothing/fabrics do flourish there. I can use 100k to bring any of these to Abidjan.
My major challenge now is language barrier

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 7:56am On Nov 26, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
Thanks
I am planning to come over God's willing February or March.I learnt there's a little conflict in the country as a result of the presidential election.

I was told that from maza maza(young shall grow) to Abidjan is 30k as long as you have your international passport and yellow fever vaccine.
I am not planning to rent a house yet or lodge in a hotel because of insufficient cash. Unless I see a VERY cheap kiosk, cubicle or old room at the outskirt of Abidjan I can rent for 10k per month,i don't mind sharing the room with people Or I might even stay in the street or church.
I am not looking for comfort now.I am going there majority to identify any business that can thrive there. I learnt shoes, clothing/fabrics do flourish there. I can use 100k to bring any of these to Abidjan.

Please reconsider your plans so you don't get stranded. Your budget should be from 500k and above.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 26, 2020
Bullrun:

Please reconsider your plans so you don't get stranded. Your budget should be from 500k and above.

Sent you a pm boss. Would love to speak with you privately
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by gentlebullet(m): 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
Thanks

To be honest with you, I don't think your aforementioned plan is good enough.
1. 30k isn't gonna get you to Abidjan from Lagos ATM.
2. With the recent way the naira is slipping off, 200k isn't alot of cash when you eventually start spending in CFA.
3. Without a good command of the french language, surviving what you stated above in Abidjan is a suicide mission.

My advice is simple:
If you insist Abidjan is your only option, budget at least 1million CFA(at least that will take care of accommodation, transport, feeding, biz startup, etc till you get used to the system). Never expect getting free accommodation in Abidjan except from relatives or a very close ally if not, there are consequences
CHEERS

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Bullrun:

Not sure about the boarders. But airports are open. The country is safe for now. We hope it remains that way.

Please, do you have any idea about the bank exchange rate of Cefa to dollar, and does the exchange rate cut across other countries using Cefa?

Also, can you help with the monthly limit for online international transactions over there?

Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Awesomefoodie: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
Pls how much is 1millon cfa converted to naira
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Awesomefoodie: 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
Pls how much is 1million cfa converted to naira
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by bull67: 2:30am On Nov 30, 2020
its nearly 700k my dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.