Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (184422 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by OlowuJohn: 4:05pm On May 19, 2020
roughdiamond:
Honestly, I don't have much information about taxi � business but can inquire for you. Every part of Abidjan is OK but I won't recommend Abobo and some parts of Yopougon because of Microbe activities. (Though, majority of my Igbos brothers live there). Like I always advise, please wait till after their election. Any other question you may have, feel free to quote me
@ Roughdiamond thanks for the reply, from googled info, their next election is October 31, 2020. So relocation plan should be around December 1, 2020. I really appreciate your response, as I await info about the Taxi business.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 6:12pm On May 19, 2020
OlowuJohn:

@ Roughdiamond thanks for the reply, from googled info, their next election is October 31, 2020. So relocation plan should be around December 1, 2020. I really appreciate your response, as I await info about the Taxi business.
May I know what you would like to know about the Taxi business? Do you plan to drive it yourself or give to someone? I will meet someone into the business this evening to get you information. But cars are really very expensive here (3 - 5mil Cfa)
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by OlowuJohn: 6:46pm On May 19, 2020
roughdiamond:
May I know what you would like to know about the Taxi business? Do you plan to drive it yourself or give to someone? I will meet someone into the business this evening to get you information. But cars are really very expensive here (3 - 5mil Cfa)
I would like to drive it on my own. Is it possible I get your email, if you can't give me your mobile for now, because we will be talking a lot as my mentor. Smiles.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 8:16pm On May 19, 2020
OlowuJohn:

I would like to drive it on my own. Is it possible I get your email, if you can't give me your mobile for now, because we will be talking a lot as my mentor. Smiles.
You can send me a pm
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by LazyFolk: 8:46am On Jun 19, 2020
Hey guys,
In August;
I’m planning to take a trip From Lagos to Abidjan, en route to Sénégal and then Cape Verde for a west African tour.
In Abidjan, I plan on spending 3-4 days in Abidjan, before moving to Sénégal with the same idea then Cape Verde.
My total budget so far for the trip is at 200 Naira. And the idea is to enter as much West African countries as I can (getting stamps) before I’m back.
Now my questions are:
1. I want to carry 100k cefa on my person from the 200 through the trip for miscellaneous (is that advisable) or should I leave all of it in the bank?
2. I plan on using Airbnb for my stay, is that okay or should I just go for a hotel?
3. Is there anyone planning on taking that route, we can go together?
4. Can I use an mtn sim from Nigeria throughout the trip(Abidjan and Dakar) or what do y’all think?
5. Lastly, is there anything I should know or any advice y’all can give me? I’ll be more than grateful.
I await your favorable response.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
LazyFolk:
Hey guys,
In August;
I’m planning to take a trip From Lagos to Abidjan, en route to Sénégal and then Cape Verde for a west African tour.
In Abidjan, I plan on spending 3-4 days in Abidjan, before moving to Sénégal with the same idea then Cape Verde.
My total budget so far for the trip is at 200 Naira. And the idea is to enter as much West African countries as I can (getting stamps) before I’m back.
Now my questions are:
1. I want to carry 100k cefa on my person from the 200 through the trip for miscellaneous (is that advisable) or should I leave all of it in the bank?
2. I plan on using Airbnb for my stay, is that okay or should I just go for a hotel?
4. Can I use an mtn sim from Nigeria throughout the trip(Abidjan and Dakar) or what do y’all think?
5. Lastly, is there anything I should know or any advice y’all can give me? I’ll be more than grateful.

Better stay back home with this your budget..

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Tomide59(m): 10:31am On Jul 05, 2020
Please, i need quick reply on journey to abidjan ivory coast to settle down... I need to know more about the country and the most peaceful area to leave with my family and the cost of house rent and their school tuition for my children. Thanks please copy my address tomideakin59@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by LazyFolk: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2020
Bullrun:

Better stay back home with this your budget..
How so?
200k Naira isn’t enough?
What is your suggestion.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2020
LazyFolk:

How so?
200k Naira isn’t enough?
What is your suggestion.

The cost of living is on the high... Increase your budget to 500k naira.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by LazyFolk: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
Bullrun:

The cost of living is on the high... Increase your budget to 500k naira.
Thank you, but perhaps you missed a few things.
I am not living but only passing through.
3 days in Abidjan, Dakar and an island (Mauritius/Cape Verde)
As earlier written, I’ll be taking Airbnb so my accommodation is sorted.
My main question amongst those I wrote is can I GET A BUS like ABC(Abidjan type) going to DAKAR??
I know it’s a road trip but I no want suffer.
I still answers for Questions 1,4,5 though �
Awaiting your response, thanks.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
LazyFolk:

Thank you, but perhaps you missed a few things.
I am not living but only passing through.
3 days in Abidjan, Dakar and an island (Mauritius/Cape Verde)
As earlier written, I’ll be taking Airbnb so my accommodation is sorted.
My main question amongst those I wrote is can I GET A BUS like ABC(Abidjan type) going to DAKAR??
I know it’s a road trip but I no want suffer.
I still answers for Questions 1,4,5 though �
Awaiting your response, thanks.

You're good to go brother, didn't understand your message earlier my bad. 200k naira is more than enough for 3 days stay.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by LazyFolk: 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
Bullrun:

You're good to go brother, didn't understand your message earlier my bad. 200k naira is more than enough for 3 days stay.
Many thanks bro.
Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 2:55am On Jul 09, 2020
LazyFolk:
Hey guys,
In August;
Now my questions are:
1. Have the 100k cfa with you (even possible, have all the money in your wallet. 200k Naira is just about few notes of 10k Cfa. But Bros, your budget is very small to cover the countries in mind. May not exceed Abidjan alone.
2. I don't know about Airbnb in Abidjan. But whatever type of accommodation you plan to use, try to book around 2plateau, Cocody or Assinie (Though Assinie is outside Abidjan but a great tourist destination).
3. Would have loved to visit Darkar with you but no one to look after my business.
4. You can make use of your MTN but very expensive. (100 Naira per minute).
5.Beware of microbes in Abidjan (Abobo&Yopougon mostly). Be conscious of pick pockets at most crouded places.
Feel free to ask more questions if you have. Quote me should you want me to contribute. Bon voyage

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 6:53am On Jul 09, 2020
roughdiamond:
1. Have the 100k cfa with you (even possible, have all the money in your wallet. 200k Naira is just about few notes of 10k Cfa. But Bros, your budget is very small to cover the countries in mind. May not exceed Abidjan alone.
2. I don't know about Airbnb in Abidjan. But whatever type of accommodation you plan to use, try to book around 2plateau, Cocody or Assinie (Though Assinie is outside Abidjan but a great tourist destination).
3. Would have loved to visit Darkar with you but no one to look after my business.
5.Beware of microbes in Abidjan (Abobo&Yopougon mostly). Be conscious of pick pockets at most crouded places.
Feel free to ask more questions if you have. Quote me should you want me to contribute. Bon voyage

How is Automobile spare parts business in Abidjan.Do you know how much one can use to rent a house(cheapest single room in Abidjan)
What about shop rent,do you have an idea
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by dep07(f): 9:45am On Jul 09, 2020
Good morning @ roughdiamond.
Please can you help me with names of international schools within the range of 3 - 4k dollars per annum, English speaking.Also price of 3 bedroom where expats/ foreigners live.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
dep07:
Good morning @ roughdiamond.
Please can you help me with names of international schools within the range of 3 - 4k dollars per annum, English speaking.Also price of 3 bedroom where expats/ foreigners live.
Thanks and God bless.
I know of University of Abidjan, International University of Grand Bassam. Though that of Bassam exceeds $4k. Do Google both schools for more information. 3 bedrooms where expats live costs 400k-1.5mil Cfa. It largely depends on the area
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

How is Automobile spare parts business in Abidjan.Do you know how much one can use to rent a house(cheapest single room in Abidjan)
What about shop rent,do you have an idea
Auto spare parts is a great business here.
House rent is highly expensive in Abidjan. Budget 35000Cfa- 100,000Cfa for a room depending on the area. Shop rent is the problem as shops are extremely expensive. Though depending on the area. You can get shops of 150k to 400k per month depending on the area. But most times, caution ranges from 1 million - 45million.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by dep07(f): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
roughdiamond:
I know of University of Abidjan, International University of Grand Bassam. Though that of Bassam exceeds $4k. Do Google both schools for more information. 3 bedrooms where expats live costs 400k-1.5mil Cfa. It largely depends on the area
Thanks, sorry I didn't specify,I was asking for primary schools .
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2020
dep07:
Thanks, sorry I didn't specify,I was asking for primary schools .
Morning Glory, International demonstration school of Abidjan etc. Try do Google English schools in Abidjan. They are many but unfortunately, I can only remember the two up there
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
roughdiamond:
Auto spare parts is a great business here.
House rent is highly expensive in Abidjan. Budget 35000Cfa- 100,000Cfa for a room depending on the area. Shop rent is the problem as shops are extremely expensive. Though depending on the area. You can get shops of 150k to 400k per month depending on the area. But most times, caution ranges from 1 million - 45million.
Are you still in Abidjan?can you help me with contacts of your friends in Abidjan preferably those into business
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

Are you still in Abidjan?can you help me with contacts of your friends in Abidjan preferably those into business
Yes, I am still in Abidjan. Contacts ; I am very sorry, can't get any
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 9:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
roughdiamond:
Yes, I am still in Abidjan. Contacts ; I am very sorry, can't get any
what about yours
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 11:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
what about yours
Feel free to ask me anything here. But if you feel that it's too private, send me a pm but I will not give my number(I have only business lines)
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by LazyFolk: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2020
roughdiamond:
Thank you so much for this information my brother, More Blessings for you!!!
I’ll take everything into consideration.
My other question will be towards transportation.
Do you know of any notable transport company (like our abc) that runs from Abidjan through to Dakar? It’s very important.
Plus it’ll be amazing if we could go to Dakar together.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 10:19am On Jul 10, 2020
LazyFolk:

Thank you so much for this information my brother, More Blessings for you!!!
I’ll take everything into consideration.
My other question will be towards transportation.
Do you know of any notable transport company (like our abc) that runs from Abidjan through to Dakar? It’s very important.
Plus it’ll be amazing if we could go to Dakar together.
From Abidjan to Darkar; I only know about Rimbo Transport located at Nouveau Gare Adjame. Honestly, I really wish we can go together. Since the day a friend here told me about his trips to Darkar, my mind has been there. He promised to give me some contacts to make things easier and I have a customer there too. But time is just my only problem because of business
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by LazyFolk: 11:51am On Jul 10, 2020
roughdiamond:
From Abidjan to Darkar; I only know about Rimbo Transport located at Nouveau Gare Adjame. Honestly, I really wish we can go together. Since the day a friend here told me about his trips to Darkar, my mind has been there. He promised to give me some contacts to make things easier and I have a customer there too. But time is just my only problem because of business
These are very valuable information, I’m deeply appreciative.
I’ll check out rimbo, and I still need more info on Abidjan to Dakar.
My trip is for early august, there’s still time oh.lol
Do you think I should open an Ecobank account or I can use another MasterCard and Visa card ?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
LazyFolk:

These are very valuable information, I’m deeply appreciative.
I’ll check out rimbo, and I still need more info on Abidjan to Dakar.
My trip is for early august, there’s still time oh.lol
Do you think I should open an Ecobank account or I can use another MasterCard and Visa card ?
You can make use of your Naira Master cards, though charges and exchange rates are always discouraging. If not for security, having cash would have been the best

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by MERCHANDISER: 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
roughdiamond:
Are you going there for business or job.
what are the opportunities prevalent there?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by LazyFolk: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
roughdiamond:
You can make use of your Naira Master cards, though charges and exchange rates are always discouraging. If not for security, having cash would have been the best
Thank you.
I know I’m asking many questions oh, lol
But have and idea or an estimate on how much Abidjan to Dakar will cost?
I tried checking online to no avail
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
LazyFolk:

Thank you.
I know I’m asking many questions oh, lol
But have and idea or an estimate on how much Abidjan to Dakar will cost?
I tried checking online to no avail
I will call Rimbo to get their charges. Quote me on Monday for an update
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

Are you going there for business or job.
what are the opportunities prevalent there?
Going neither for business nor job. Just want to visit more African countries

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.