Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

3 Things Jesus Never Said - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Things Jesus Never Said (38154 Views)

3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life / 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
DharmyYinks:
What are three of the most important things that we believe Jesus said but actually never did?

www.faithinthenews.com/3-things-jesus-never-said/

Apart from salvation, there is perhaps a way that the concept "God helps those who help themselves" is correct. As an example, if you asked me to help you move a piece of furniture, but then just watched me as I moved the furniture for you, I was not actually helping you. I would be doing the work for you. Many Christians fall into the trap of inactivity. Many Christians ask God for help, but then expect God to do everything Himself. They excuse this by pointing to the fact that God will provide according to His will and in His timing. However, this is not a reason for inactivity. As a specific example, if you are in need of a job, ask the Lord to help you find a job - but then be active in actually looking for a job. While it is in His power to do so, it is highly unlikely that God will cause employers to come looking for you! -Gotquestions.org
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
femi4:
I and my Father are one Jn 10

Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

"We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

This doesn't necessarily mean he's saying he is God. Like the Bible says a man shall leave his parents and be joined with his wife and they shall become one. That doesn't mean the man can claim to be his wife. They being one as I understand it is a unity of purpose and plan not necessarily person.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DoctorAlien(m): 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
ademega:

good but these people has a place in the heart of God that even some Pope are not close to it let alone one wife practitioners

The robber that only repented on the cross at the point of death has a special place in the heart of GOD.

David, who committed adultery + murder has a special place in the heart of GOD.

Rahab the prostitute has a special place in the heart of GOD.

Can you give me a single verse in the Bible that implies that GOD intended for man to be polygamous?
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by SimpleBea(m): 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
Then, what did HE said?.
IamBravo:
Jesus never said "one man one woman"
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Roydxemmy: 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
Haryohdeji:
ALSO READ Isaiah4
if you should read d previous chapter which is chapter 3 nd look look closely from verse 16 to d end, then read chapter 4, you will get d full understanding
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by SimpleBea(m): 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
You really need Jesus.
calliope:
Jesus never said condemn Gays? But contemporary Christians does Dat?
Pathetic people grin
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by ademega(m): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:

The robber that only repented on the cross at the point of death has a special place in the heart of GOD.

David, who committed adultery + murder has a special place in the heart of GOD.

Rahab the prostitute has a special place in the heart of GOD.

Can you give me a single verse in the Bible that implies that GOD intended for man to be polygamous?

that means only God can decide our place in his heart no matter what we do even marring 10 wives abi?
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by menxer: 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
femi4:
I m sorry, seems your IQ is low

Sure, low enough to know it takes a sperm and an ovum to become one flesh.

If the Bible is said to be written in parables, is that too difficult to decode with your high IQ?
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DoctorAlien(m): 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
ademega:

that means only God can decide our place in his heart no matter what we do even marring 10 wives abi?

You have a special place in the heart of GOD. I have a special place in the heart of GOD. Everybody has a special place in the heart of GOD. He loves us so much that He gave His only begotten Son to die for our sins.

That alone is a proof of the fact that everybody has a special place in the heart of GOD.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Akkord4gov: 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
femi4:
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.

9Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me

The reason I have prob with Christianity as a religion. Lot of controversies in the bible
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by femi4: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

This doesn't necessarily mean he's saying he is God. Like the Bible says a man shall leave his parents and be joined with his wife and they shall become one. That doesn't mean the man can claim to be his wife. They being one as I understand it is a unity of purpose and plan not necessarily person.
You mean the Pharisees then were foolish and misconstrued Jesus.

The scripture is clear: TWO, not THREE or FOUR can become one
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Akkord4gov: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Read Jn.1:1-4. Tell me what you think.
The reason I have prob with Christianity as a religion. Lot of controversies in the bible. One verse will say this,another one will say the opposite
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Akkord4gov: 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
Rexyl:

Jesus is not the God, but he is the fullness of God - perfect expression and character of God. Three persons manifesting as One - God, Jesus and Holy Spirit. God would send His Spirit to accomplish what He wants anywhere at the same or different times.

The reason I have prob with Christianity as a religion. Lot of controversies in the bible. One verse will say this,another one will say the opposite
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Pedrogold(m): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
“Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife (not wives) , and they shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. (Matthew 19:4-5) Some men came to Jesus with some questions about marriage and divorce and from Jesus’ response we see that He also reinforces what God said in the very beginning (i.e. marriage is between one man and one woman). Things have not changed under the New T. The Apostle Paul, who was directly taught by Jesus Christ, Himself, also spoke on marriage. Here is what he had to say. Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. ( I Corinthians 7:1-2) Paul also teaches that marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman and anything other than that is immorality (especially homosexual marriage). The question then arises, “how is it that the Old T. personages were able to have more than 1 wife?”. God allowed them to have more than 1 wife but He did not bless it. They chose to be disobedient to God and take more than 1 wife. Look at the problems that each of the men who took more than 1 wife had. From Abraham to Solomon, all of them had major problems because of their extra wives. It was not God’s will yet they chose it and paid the price for it. So, just because the men chose to disobey, does not mean that God approved of their actions. What about you my dear friend, have you been deceived by the modern teaching that says marriage can be anything other than between one man and one woman? If you, you need to repent, turn to God, and believe what He says and live accordingly. God help us remain faithful to the Word of God and not be deceived by the trickery of men. Happy Sunday to you all...... Love you

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by DoctorAlien(m): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkord4gov:

Well, you don't read the Bible to find fault or to try to interprete it with your own human mind. (See 1 Cor. 2:14)

You ask the Holy Spirit, by whom the Scriptures are inspired, to teach you the Bible.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by femi4: 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkord4gov:

The reason I have prob with Christianity as a religion. Lot of controversies in the bible
You were quick to quote scriptures that shows the difference between God and Jesus but its easier for you to neglect scriptures that shows that Jesus possesses the attributes of God.

I have just one question for you, apart from God, who else has the authority to forgive sins?

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by jcross19: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2016
DharmyYinks:
What are three of the most important things that we believe Jesus said but actually never did?

www.faithinthenews.com/3-things-jesus-never-said/

bros. In your second assumption "neither do I condemn thee" sir you lack simple understanding of that language, let me start from verse 10:when jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, woman, where are those thine ACCUSERS? Hath no man CONDEMNED thee?now the woman was ACCUSED but not yet been CONDEMNED now the woman was brought to jesus for condemnation which simply mean passing judgement of death by stoning which was what the acussers were expecting but jesus shocked them by saying if you have no sin cast the first stone!!!!!. In verse 11 jesus said to the woman NEITHER do I CONDEMNED thee simply means neither do I cause you to death that does mean jesus did not know she commit the crime but jesus is offering the woman the second chance to repent then, jesus finished the verse by saying "go sin no more" . Basic jesus did not condemned the woman basic according to the bible.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by adetounblessing(f): 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
I don't think there is anything shady about God... The father and the son with the spirit are one and that the reason they bear the same name which is Jesus Christ . And there is cross for every one to bear . Heaven helps whosoever help himself it means we all have a role to play.... There is no argument in the word of God.. It unbelive that makes you argue and doubt
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by jojothaiv(m): 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It is simple: GOD knows one woman is enough for a man, and that's why He created only Eve for Adam.

That many people practised polygamy in the Bible does not mean that GOD sanctions it.
Sadly, you got a choice!!!
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Akkord4gov: 2:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
femi4:
You were quick to quote scriptures that shows the difference between God and Jesus but its easier for you to neglect scriptures that shows that Jesus possesses the attributes of God.

I have just one question for you, apart from God, who else has the authority to forgive sins?

The same I am saying. A Lot of controversies,some scriptures show d diff btw God and Jesus while some say d opposite grin grin grin
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by 2kris(m): 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
calliope:
Jesus never said condemn Gays? But contemporary Christians does Dat?
Pathetic people grin
so u to don come with ur own claim abi.?why didnt God create adam and fred to marry
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by femi4: 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
Akkord4gov:

The same I am saying. A Lot of controversies,some scriptures show d diff btw God and Jesus while some say d opposite grin grin grin
Not that they are saying opposite. Its we human being that choose to believe one part and neglect others.

Point 1 A father sent his son to us

Point 2 The father said, this is my son, listen to him

Point 3. The son said, if you have seen me, you have seen the father.

But trust scriptures adulterer: They will only hammer on point 1.

If my Father owes you, and I tell you that if you have seen me, you have seen my Father. You have the right to demand from me whatever he owes you.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by ademega(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You have a special place in the heart of GOD. I have a special place in the heart of GOD. Everybody has a special place in the heart of GOD. He loves us so much that He gave His only begotten Son to die for our sins.

That alone is a proof of the fact that everybody has a special place in the heart of GOD.

that is good then
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Adaezeagu(f): 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
IamBravo:
Jesus never said "one man one woman"
different soup eater detected grin
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by faites(f): 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
victorazy:

Faith is that you?

It's not Faith o
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by GenOrumov: 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Did GOD create two women for Adam?
But its the same God that didn't say anything when Abraham, David, Solomon married more than 1 wife.

And those men walked with God all the way and God never turned his back on them. Despite this, I'm sure they are all in heaven.
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
ademega:

lol don't let us go their oh? so Solomon, Abraham, job and Co didn't know the history of Adam and Eve abi? don't let us go their I beg of u.

Go read Matt 19:4
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by chibazzy1: 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Did GOD create two women for Adam?

You can marry as many as you can so far you can take very good care of them. (king solomon)
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by victorazy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
faites:

It's not Faith o

Nawao! I was suprise o!
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by mamafunky(f): 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
ademega:
this issue of one wife self where is it written in the Bible?

God said let no man put asunder whatsoever he has joined together
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by aminusanti(m): 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
Re: 3 Things Jesus Never Said by 9jatatafo(m): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
Rexyl:

yeah the Bible has proven the character of God as the Heavenly Father, who sent his only begotten Son to redeem the world and save lives by speaking His word and delivering His message with the power of Holy Spirit

There are many places attested to this truth in the old and new testament.

I didn't say about attestation to Trinity but does the word itself. I mean if the word trinity appeared in the bible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mad Man And Pastor Involved In Physical Combat During Deliverance / Is MMM A Sin? / "Emmanuel Atewe Gave N35M To Winners Chapel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts To Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.