Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? (7704 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by MizJanet(f): 8:54pm On May 04, 2016
Emusan:

You're still living in your delusion.

You called it gibberish but said tongues to be a language then tell me, how many languages do you think we have in Nigeria talk less of the whole world?

How do you know that what the person is saying, isn't some people languages just because it isn't a common languages like German, French, Portuguese, Spanish e.t.c? in my village alone we have FOUR different languages.

I cannot laugh oooooo grin , which part of the world is abracadabra spoken ? which tribe ?

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by Emusan(m): 9:29am On May 05, 2016
MizJanet:

I cannot laugh oooooo grin , which part of the world is abracadabra spoken ? which tribe ?

How do you know is abracadabra?

Since you quote a place where Apostle said to have spoke in tongues more than the people and you also know that tongues is languages, can you tell us the exert languages of people Apostle Paul spoke during that time?

I know even if Apostle Paul was in our midst today speaking in tongues you'll still call it gibberish/abracadabra because you're just an Atheist.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by dolphinheart(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2016
Emusan:
Honestly, with this your post I can truly see your confusion.

Imaging IT did something....can inanimate do something? Anyway that's not the talk for today.

No! You can't tall about result without talking about CAUSE. The point here is, it's the Holy Spirit's WILL thats why people can understand them without the means of INTERPRETER.

So who interpret the tongues speaking by the Apostles on the day of Pentecost?

Like I said that's how Holy spirit wants it because according to the blessed Apostle Paul we know that someone can even speak in the tongues of angels.

Then you only focus on speaking in tongues in the congregation when you didn't bother to ask were those speaking in tongues delivering message to the congregation or edifying themselves?

I still truly want to know the interpreter of the day of Pentecost.

Does the speaker tell you s/he is delivering message to the congregation or edifying him/herself?

You didn't address the verse you only succeeded in giving your own interpretation to divert from the actual meaning of that verse.

That's not what the verse is saying.

I agree with you because i was just imaging if Holy spirit inspired somebody in Australia's congregation to speak my village language whereby the whole congregation are Australians, interpreter is also needed but what if the person only edifying his/herself? No interpretation is needed.

So nobody actually interpreted it but Holy spirit Himself provided the interpretation. That's why I'll repeat it that you people didn't fully understand what actually happened on the day of Pentecost. Whereas, the Bible made it clear that "everybody was hearing them in their OWN NATIVE language AS The Spirit gave them the utterance."

In conclusion, speaking in tongues is not a pattern rather AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THE UTTERANCE.
I initially did not want to respond to this post, but I decided to share why I have reservations about responding.
I dnt like it when someone deliberately cut part of my post off in his or her response to my post.,
if you want me to respond to you, pls dnt cut part of my explanations off to make it look weak, expecially not the scriptures I quoted to surpport it.
You can correct this anomaly by goING back to my previous post, qoute it, but leaving my words intact and complete!

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by Emusan(m): 12:49am On May 06, 2016
dolphinheart:

I initially did not want to respond to this post, but I decided to share why I have reservations about responding.
I dnt like it when someone deliberately cut part of my post off in his or her response to my post.,
if you want me to respond to you, pls dnt cut part of my explanations off to make it look weak, expecially not the scriptures I quoted to surpport it.
You can correct this anomaly by goING back to my previous post, qoute it, but leaving my words intact and complete!

No one is forcing you to respond to any post. Like I care!

Meanwhile, I cut those statements especially the quotations because I'm using my phone not system and not time for unnecessary post.

The summary of my point here are:
1. The Apostles spoke in tongues and everybody hearing them understood what they are saying. Who interpreted it to those people? Not any human being but Holy Spirit Himself. Which means, Holy spirit is the one who gave the utterances as He wants for a purpose.

2. Do the Apostles speak to themselves on that day or edifying themselves? They edifying themselves! That's why no interpreter was needed.

3. 1 Corin 14:2 makes it clear that speaking in tongues sometimes are personal dealing with God which no man will understand.

4. It's evident from Apostle Paul's writings that speaking in tongues to deliver message to the congregation (Just like prophesying, Teaching e.t.c) is different from speaking in tongues personally to commune with God.

Summary of your confusion!

1. Your confusion stems out when you think there is only one type of speaking in tongues which is 'in congregation' that's why you think interpreter MUST always available.

2. Thinking since everyone could understand what the Apostles were saying that day, everyone speaking in tongues today must follow the same pattern forgotten that it is the Holy spirit who gave the utterance as He wills.

3. Inability to distinguish between when someone is edifying him/herself through speaking in tongues which no man understands him/her and when someone is passing a message to the congregation through speaking in tongues.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by dolphinheart(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2016
Emusan:

Meanwhile, I cut those statements especially the quotations because I'm using my phone not system and not time for unnecessary post.

1. The Apostles spoke in tongues and everybody hearing them understood what they are saying. Who interpreted it to those people? Not any human being but Holy Spirit Himself. Which means, Holy spirit is the one who gave the utterances as He wants for a purpose.

2. Do the Apostles speak to themselves on that day or edifying themselves? They edifying themselves! That's why no interpreter was needed.

3. 1 Corin 14:2 makes it clear that speaking in tongues sometimes are personal dealing with God which no man will understand.

4. It's evident from Apostle Paul's writings that speaking in tongues to deliver message to the congregation (Just like prophesying, Teaching e.t.c) is different from speaking in tongues personally to commune with God.

1. Your confusion stems out when you think there is only one type of speaking in tongues which is 'in congregation' that's why you think interpreter MUST always available.

2. Thinking since everyone could understand what the Apostles were saying that day, everyone speaking in tongues today must follow the same pattern forgotten that it is the Holy spirit who gave the utterance as He wills.

3. Inability to distinguish between when someone is edifying him/herself through speaking in tongues which no man understands him/her and when someone is passing a message to the congregation through speaking in tongues.

sir, if you dnt care, pls dnt quote me.
If you want us to discuss, pls dnt cut off my post, expecially the scriptures that surpport my views.
I have no problem with you expressing your views on these thread, but if you want to use my post to express your views, pls find a means in which you will not need to cut part of my post off!

cutting part of my post off is the confusin thing!
Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by MUVA(m): 1:47pm On May 07, 2016
Drisklef I might be having problems replying your mail. Kindly mail me here @ synzunation@yandex.com . That's my direct mailbox. Thanks.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by DRISKLEF(m): 1:59pm On May 07, 2016
MUVA:
Drisklef I might be having problems replying your mail. Kindly mail me here @ synzunation@yandex.com . That's my direct mailbox. Thanks.

Done. Oya go read it up before i vex for you. cheesy
Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by MUVA(m): 2:17pm On May 07, 2016
DRISKLEF:

Done. Oya go read it up before i vex for you. cheesy
Done sir! Check smiley
Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by donnie(m): 7:32pm On May 07, 2016
Emusan:

grin you're on point!

Show me a person who questions or criticizes the gift of tongues and I'll show you one who does not or cannot (sometimes after many failed attempts) speak in tongues.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by barapistis(m): 7:41pm On May 07, 2016
Indeed you were thought by the spirit,

Many do not have these revelation hence they are easily defeated in life

With what you wrote, I am very sure you have spoken in tongues till you got your ascent changed.....it happens

Another side to it

People dont know there are general tongues and tongues (usually differs tongue for ministering, but how shall they know this when they dont believe

Emusan:

Meanwhile, I cut those statements especially the quotations because I'm using my phone not system and not time for unnecessary post. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? by charlie42(m): 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
after reading diff comments I strongly believe I can receive d gift of speaking in tongues without anyone laying hands on me. I desire d gift and I believe one day I'll come back here to share my own testimony.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is Your Favorite Part Of Worship Service? / Atheists Who Believe In The Supernatural Please Come In(discussion) / See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.