Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival (2027 Views)

Japan Celebrates Annual joystick Festival / "My Sex Doll Is So Much Better Than My Real Wife" - Japanese Man (Photos) / Japanese Princess Gives Up Her Royal Status To Marry A 'Beach' Worker(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by Undisputed88(m): 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ever heard of the “PENIS FESTIVAL”? Yes! The ‘Kanamara Matsuri’ or “The Festival Of The Iron Phallus” known colloquially as the ‘PENIS FESTIVAL’ is an annual celebration held
on every first Sunday in the month of April in Japan.
The significance of this Festival: is an ancient tradition that serves as a celebration of (and prayer for) fertility, long marriages and healthy births, and a way to promote awareness about sexually transmitted diseases, most importantly HIV.

HISTORY OF THE KANAMARA MATSURI
According to Ancient Japanese history, the story goes that in the 1600s, during Japan’s Edo period (1603-1867), local prostitutes would congregate at the Kanamara Shinto shrine in Kawasaki, where they’d pray for protection against sexually transmitted diseases. A more fantastic tale lies in the fabled “vagina dentata,” or toothed vagina, which supposedly castrated several poor young men on their wedding nights. The woman cursed with the toothed vagina (most likely a metaphor for syphilis, which was very common then) went to see a blacksmith, who forged her an iron Love Machine in order to break the teeth of her inner demon, thus protecting the penis of her future suitor. The Kanamara shrine is dedicated to the blacksmith, and over the centuries sex workers have paid pilgrimage to the shrine to seek its powers of protection.
SIDE ATTRACTIONS
While this festival has a deeper meaning, it’s still a penis festival—and you won’t be disappointed if that’s what you came to see (though they won't be the real deal). There are penis hats, penis puppets, penis floats, penis costumes and penis lollipops, and since nobody here shies away from sex or the sex organs, you’ll see elderly Japanese alongside young couples seeking cures for impotence and infertility. Penis icons are not in short supply, with all shapes and sizes made from iron, wood and inflatable plastic. Even the most modest among us will barely blush by the end of it all. It may be hard for outsiders to understand why the Japanese, a typically reserved people, go all out with the male sexual organ on this day, but as far as self-expression goes, this culture is all about one big release as opposed to lots of little ones.
Both men and women dress in women’s kimonos, and it’s not uncommon to see grandmothers licking penis-shaped lollipops.
The Saturday evening prior to the festival, rice treats in the shape of the yin and yang are grilled for everyone to eat. Yin represents the traditional analog of female energy, while yang represents the male. At 11am the next morning, a great bonfire is lit and the festival officially begins. After a short Shinto ceremony, dried sardines and Japanese sake are served for good fortune. At around noon, the omikoshi, a giant pink penis altar, is carried toward the Kanamara shrine just before the parade.

Penis Parade
The bulk of Kanamara Matsuri is the afternoon parade (starting roughly at 1pm) through the nearby streets, where three huge altars with erect idols are carried by groups of worshippers dressed in pink. The footpaths are full of people who crowd around these mobile temples as the bearers chant, sing, shout and sway in worship of the yang. The vibe is that of a fun street party. Both men and women dress in women’s kimonos, and it’s not uncommon to see grandmothers licking penis-shaped lollipops. There’s an anatomically correct radish-carving contest and large wooden joysticks that you can mount (and pray the pictures don’t end up on the Internet). As businesslike as the culture appears at times, the Japanese have an amazing ability to laugh at themselves. As the day winds down, contestants in the radish-carving competition and participants in the costume parade are judged, followed by a feast. Proceeds from the event go towards funding research on HIV.
While you may find a bigger phallus (15-feet long and 600 pounds) at the Hōnen Matsuri in Komaki (Penis Fertility Festival) or confuse this with the Hadaka Matsuri (Naked Man Festival), I recommend planning a visit to this forward-thinking Shinto celebration.
See the exclusive photographs from the Japanese PENIS Festival below;

Source:http://gossipmirrors..com.ng/2016/04/the-japanese-penis-festival.html

Re: Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by sinaj(f): 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
After diz long epistle, u couldn't evn upload a pishure of a Japanese Diick undecided

I dnt evn blive it sad

1 Like

Re: Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by Undisputed88(m): 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
sinaj:
After diz long epistle, u couldn't evn upload a pishure of a Japanese Diick undecided

I dnt evn blive it sad
You want make all these "BAN-HUNGRY" MODs do wetin dem sabi do? But since u asked for it, i go put 1 or 2
Re: Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by wilybebsy(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
sinaj:

I dnt evn blive it sad
I no u are here 4 de dickcheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by Justiyke4u: 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
Please what is joystick? Is it a legal term?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by UrWorstNitemare: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
undecided
OP I HAVE READ UR DISCONCERTING INFO....
IF U NO WANT THUNDER MAKE E FIRE U...ehn...
GIMME BACK MA MB NOW!!
angry

1 Like

Re: Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by briyane: 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
mtchewwww! La japanese dick la selle fuel?
Re: Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by Undisputed88(m): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
UrWorstNitemare:
undecided

OP I HAVE READ UR DISCONCERTING INFO....

IF U NO WANT THUNDER MAKE E FIRE U...ehn...

GIMME BACK MA MB NOW!!
angry
Your PAPA Na SANGO?
Re: Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by sinaj(f): 11:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
wilybebsy:
I no u are here 4 de dickcheesycheesy
undecided
Re: Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by valariz: 12:43am On Apr 26, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Photos from the Japanese joystick Festival by calabaman(m): 6:34am On Apr 26, 2016
sinaj:

I dnt evn blive it sad
^^^^^
u are buriful. #angry

(1) (Reply)

Does Hitting Your Lady Hard Reset Her From Her Bad Attitude? / 5 Things Every Nigerian Girl Does After A Breakup / 4 Types Of Women You Should Never Get Into Long-term Relationship With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.