Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} (54785 Views)

A U-shaped Building In Zhengzhou, Central China / Binatone Air Coolant With Remote For Sale And Ac / Distress Sales Of 2 Plot Of Land At Oniru Central, Lekki, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Yinkatolu: 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
for easy cost apportionment
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
grin grin
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by amiskurie(m): 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
domack99:
Why is it that our Engineers don't design a central Air conditioning systems in our high rise buildings. Is it that they are not cost effective or difficult to maintain?
It's being used now on many buildings in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by FemiFaniKayode: 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
na grass and bugs go grow inside
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by csc2(m): 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by centvin008(m): 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
Multi split system is the only solution for me

7 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Acebar(m): 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
pls o make I ask, e get any A/C way my ''I pass my neighbor" generator fit carry. the sun is too much In naija
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by tutu28: 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
is less efficient and de cost of it installation and maintenance is high......infact is an old system

3 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by 4nobody4every1: 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
cool
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Xtopher123(m): 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
It depends on what The client wants, it's more expensive tho install and more expensive to maintain..

Mind you it's most effective, especially in high rise/Mixed use building

For those saying individual room temperature cannot be achieved is a pure lie, each room can be zoned to operate on a different temperature
------------_----------
You don't design what a client cannot afford.. No thats a flop

Most Nigerian clients want it the normal way, they want the best but don't wanna spend the Cash..

Architecture/Engineering is a client that has money with an Engineer/Architect with vision

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by shamecurls(m): 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
Because, E dey make Okro soup sour quick quick and split no dey make Okro soup sour.
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by IamAtribalist: 10:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
engrdubem:
Many reasons,chief is epileptic power supply....shikena.

So the individual units must be using palm oil as fuel. cool
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by fasbio(m): 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
hemucology:
Call me for latest P. O. P design and cement design

Your number pls

OK
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by martineverest(m): 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
Check MMIA... It's less efficient... Chiller is not meant for overly hot Nigerian weather
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
drkay:
I don't think they are cost effective.
Oga they are, its just perception. In maintaining central acs, you go to a single plant room while in the case of the pictures above you keep jumping from unit to unit. I think just we have this pound wise penny foolish miserly attitude that makes us think hiring building services engineers is a waste of money. Abroad the building services industry is a goldmine but in Nigeria if you want to go hungry then study it.
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
But all the old structures in OAU, Ile-Ife have central air conditioning systems, though most of them no longer function due to lack of maintenance.

3 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by CzarChris(m): 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
coldsummer:
Because

Our

Minds

Are backward and we hate to allow our minds grow....

We like to remain stagnant

Bitter truth
This is unbelievable shocked you just insulted a whole country and yourself in particular. What on earth do you know is a central AC?

To answer the OP, if you go to places like Total or SPDC PH (especially at block B in SPDC) they have central air conditioning, but the problem is you can't regulate it if it's get too cold for you, but the Caucasians(expertrates) who grew up in colder climes feel at home at such temperatures.

So why put a central air conditioning, where with a split AC you can control it to your tolerance level.

1 Like

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Numberz(m): 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
BE811APP:
Our architects are not innovative...No offense to dos in d proffession but its true

Why do u think Builders do a better Job on site and when I say Builders I mean those that didnt go to skol oo..

Where in Nigeria are you? Apart from the North East I should be able to refer you to a good Architect in the other geo-political zones or a project to change your mindset. The way you generalized is quite disturbing!
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by amokemi(m): 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
I wonder where people get the notion of 'not easy to maintain' for central cooling system. Having multiple outdoor units in multi-level building is an eye-sore and lack of professionalism by the builders of such. In my office, we use central cooling system and I know the temperature in each defined area can be controlled. With the kind heat in Nigeria, the only cooling system that can be effective for high rise building is the one that cools from the roof area to the floor level and that's what you get with central cooling.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Frezhkid10(m): 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
domack99:

I believe with central Ac system you can also regulate individual room temperature as well
..you can regulate the temp. but regulating the temperature in your zone will have no effect on the compressor load..xo u are still consuming the same amount of energy... buh in a split AC regulating temp will have effect on the compressor load and reduces amount of energy consumed....central HVAC are not energy efficient...

3 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by visita: 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
aieromon:
Eko Hotels do use central air conditioning.
You're right about this. It's the only building I've entered that has central AC.
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Olivialight(f): 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
Really some central air conditioning system you say, so that when someone brings in them Zika /ebola virus or some nerve virus or so then everybody in the building dies yeah? wink Nah thank you I kinda don't buy into that. Pls everyone cannot need AC at the same time.
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by 234GT(m): 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
Union Bank's Stallion plaza @ 36 Marina has central cooling system.

1 Like

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by martineverest(m): 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
But all the old structures in OAU, Ile-Ife have central air conditioning systems, though most of them no longer function due to lack of maintenance.
same in uniben
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
BE811APP:
Our architects are not innovative...No offense to dos in d proffession but its true

Why do u think Builders do a better Job on site and when I say Builders I mean those that didnt go to skol oo..
How is the fact that we don't use much of the central ac the fault of architects, must you come here to flaunt your ignorance? Architects and builders have different roles in the industry.
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Olivialight(f): 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
Mobile guest house toward 1004 kinda has that central system , looks like it works okay.

1 Like

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by semitunde: 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

No you can't.

Stop misinforming the public. You can control a specific zone while on HVAC. That's why there are thermostats.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by talabitola: 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
OFFICE/Home Service Maintenance, Installation and Repairs For Your Air-condition/refrigerator/washing Machine

INTRODUCTION OF MIC TALABI ELECTRICAL SERVICES, We specialize in bringing out the best in AIR CONDITIONERS, REFRIGERATORS and WASHING MACHINE of any product, Our Engineers are well trained with many years of working experience. We are capable of INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR of any kind of product such as: LG, Panasonic, Ignis, Frigideir, Haier Thermocool and many more. We render service before payment just to be sure of our authenticity and Integrity. Honesty is our watchword. A trial will convince you and satisfying you is our goal!
Please Contact Mr Talabi on 08070576047, 08138871931 or email us at mictalabielectrical@yahoo.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by teenuel: 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
It's sad cos even in Aso Rock, u see Standing AC in Conference rooms and Halls.

1 Like

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by ExLaidback: 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
visita:
You're right about this. It's the only building I've entered that has central AC.

There are several high rise and single floor buildings in Nigeria that use Central cooling. Several. Transcorp Hilton is fully on Central and Nicon Luxury Hotel too, both in Abuja.

By the way why is someone saying that the cooling can't be regulated? Please let the experts in this field contribute so we can learn rather than saying what you aren't sure of.

Meanwhile the picture in the OP looks like Zenith head office from the rear?

1 Like

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by ibrocool(m): 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
Aviero:
We don't have a central one because Oga can just put the AC off and go home, and leave all of us inside heat. So it is better if every one has their own AC and chill inside, instead of waiting for Oga to come and press Power Button.
Central AC circulate to all the rooms in a building. It is always placed at the rooftop of a building and is connected to all the the rooms just like split AC. So, no Oga can turn it off because there are so many people using it together. Central AC can be regulated to different temperature in different rooms.

1 Like

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Teechawa: 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
We copy a lot of things from abroad, sometimes without knowing the reason why they do it abroad!
Our whether is good, both cold and when hot. It does not get to the extreme. Abroad, the whether is quite on the extreme high side.
So, we may not even need the AC, whether inside or outside!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding / FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE / Owner Of Collapsed Lagos School Building Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.