Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG (32461 Views)

Release Nnamdi Kanu Now, Ekweremadu Tells FG, Says He Has No Problem With Buhari / Take A Look At Breakdown Of Buhari Key Appointments So Far From 6 Zones / Look Beyond APC - Ekweremadu Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Krismart(m): 8:47am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

Don't mind the mofo.

The reality of not being in power again has reset his brain.
Who said he is not in power? All these years he has been in the senate. Where is your father who is supposed to be his age mate abi u don't even have 1
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by betterABIAstate: 8:48am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

National-gini?

What made him one? He was just an ambitious Igbo man looking for others to lord it over. Charity is meant to begin at home.

Tell us the achievement of your nationalist apart from suppressing other ethnicities in the then Eastern Region and making all the them to learn Igbo by force.
you are kid and you seem to be reading too many Yoruba books. I can remember vividly zik's statement during independence " it doesn't matter who becomes the prime minister, we have host of other capable candidates like awolowo, tafawa balewa etc" all I want is a progressive nation " awolowo on the otherhand was interested in developing southwest, please ask questions before spewing thrash.

Every genuine Nigerian tags zik a true nationalist, awolowo is in the league of ojukwu, the later was just interested in regional development.

3 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:49am On Apr 26, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

The one you are doing, is it working?
Confederalism is different from federalism. Don't confuse one for the other. In confederalism, the component parts are more powerful than the centre. In federalism, the centre is more powerful than the component parts.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Goke7: 8:49am On Apr 26, 2016
coolitempa:

This has always been Awolowo's position until the irresponsible actions of Zik, followed by Aguiyi Ironsi and Gowon messed it all up. Regionalism and eventual split!... angry

your head dey there jor, the same people who destroyed true federalism are the ones desperate for it now

5 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 26, 2016
uduak2016:

Great analysis...sounds like you know more about the pyschology of Akwa Ibom and Cross River with respect to the artificially crafted SS. I assure as that if the country is divided into Zones, Akwa Ibom and Cross River will prefer to be in SE.

You need to learn your history and the hardened resolve of the AkwaCross people. Writing baseless things like this confirm you as biased and lacking any sort of critical thought.

6 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by holocron: 8:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Are we talking about regionalism along geographical zones or geopolitical zones, because we are already practicing it along the geopolitical axis.
What Nigeria needs this period is seperating local governments from state government, making them completely autonomous and financially independent not creating more mega monsters. Same applies for councils and wards. We need a financial transparency commission of all tiers of government.

What you suggest makes great sense, albeit, its very difficult to achieve with the present dispensation, given our lawless culture of corruption.

If regions of central Government are made smaller with resource control, it is believed that greater government accountability will result, because masses now have more access and control of Government than before. Then what you recommended will be achieved.

The powers that control Nigeria hesitate to implement this because it will end the massive looting and mismanagement of the country's resources which they practice for the benefit of their class.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by dotun365: 8:55am On Apr 26, 2016
opalu:
All these Media Senators get me tired!
If you have a great idea like this very one, don't announce on media. Sell it to 3/4 or at least 2/3 of your colleagues and make it a law and also lobby the Executive arm to buy it.

Nigeria can develop faster in regions not in states with galaxies of SSAs and SAs
exactly. why should. He be putting it in a book when he has the power as a senator and deputy Senate President to push for that change from within. Many of our leaders have sweet mouth but can't drive their ideas into action

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Standing5(m): 8:55am On Apr 26, 2016
bonechamberlain:
the northern parasites won't do that because various unproductive routes where Nigeria's money is channelled to might be canceled . angry
And that's the reason Aregbesola will wake up and start feeding people with allocation they didn't work for. We have leaders who don't see beyond their nose.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by eph12(m): 8:55am On Apr 26, 2016
uduak2016:

Do you live in SS? Do you understand there is not much in common in culture and bloodline between most states in SS? Do you understand we have more in common with SE than those states in SS in culture and bloodline? This is the problem with you folks in other regions especially SW, you yell SS all the time not understanding the cultural dynamics in the region. Go and look at Nigeria map...Akwa Ibom and Cross River only borders SE states and Rivers....that's it! There is a reason for that! Why are you lumping me with states far closer to SW...Edo and Bayelsa? Give me a break! Let me say this very clearly, Akwa Ibom and Cross River don't like being SS; don't come with me with oil crap as Cross River has no oil, so it's not about oil. We are just comfortable being with people that we were with together before! Referendum will shock Nigerians!
So it's not even about growth and development?
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by pacino26(m): 8:57am On Apr 26, 2016
What happened to moving motions in the upper chamber. Hiding behind a book to air candid and rational opinion.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by jcflex(m): 8:57am On Apr 26, 2016
Why is he proposing to FG,

He should do the needful, move motion on the floor of the senate.

or is he no more our DSP.

i wonder why people in gov, will be acting as if they are part of the masses and not part of the gov of the day.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:58am On Apr 26, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Confederalism is different from federalism. Don't confuse one for the other. In confederalism, the component parts are more powerful than the centre. In federalism, the centre is more powerful than the component parts.
I know, and I ask, are you enjoying the one you are doing? Your safety isn't even guaranteed
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 8:58am On Apr 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you are kid and you seem to be reading too many Yoruba books. I can remember vividly zik's statement during independence " it doesn't matter who becomes the prime minister, we have host of other capable candidates like awolowo, tafawa balewa etc" all I want is a progressive nation " awolowo on the otherhand was interested in developing southwest, please ask questions before spewing thrash.

Every genuine Nigerian tags zik a true nationalist, awolowo is in the league of ojukwu, the later was just interested in regional development.

What are the achievement of the so called nationalist?

Are they that inconsequential that you cannot tell the world.

Tell us his achievements.

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by ubah84(m): 8:58am On Apr 26, 2016
iam disappointed on dis man I thought he is wiser than dis. As a deputy senate president why didn't him sponsor a bill and lobby his colleagues to vote on that regards but he chose to waste our time by writing a long book.how many people will read dat his book. Nonsense
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by saintdennis(m): 8:59am On Apr 26, 2016
gidgiddy:
Naturally, most Southern Nigerians would want the 36 states collapsed into 'zones' or regions. The North will be against it because it will end their political domination of Nigeria. But as an Igbo man, what I'm sceptical against is what the zones will look like, particularly in the area sometimes called SS/SE. I want know what happens to Igbo elements such Igbos of the lower Benue, Delta Igbos, Rivers Igbos and the Abi Igbo speaking people of Cross River. I also want to know if the Efik/Ibibio nation and the Ijaw/Edoid people can actually be in one zone or are they going to be two separate zones or would they prefare to join their Igbo neigbours as one zone? These questions need answering and that is why a referendum has to be conducted before the creation of any zone so that the people can decide which zone they want to belong to.

Bro in order to make sense you would have to attach a diagram/map because obviously you already bring tribal/ethnic sentiments into this.

People CANNOT choose what region to belong to that one tribe of out Mayb 9 tribes that makes up a state presently feels they'd be marginalised is nobody's biz they can migrate/resettle if they wish.

What you suggesting is basically creating a homogeneous society /region which in Nigeria 's case is stewpid.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by sweatlana: 9:00am On Apr 26, 2016
I have a new found respect for this manner Ekweremadu
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by sweatlana: 9:01am On Apr 26, 2016
ubah84:
iam disappointed on dis man I thought he is wiser than dis. As a deputy senate president why didn't him sponsor a bill and lobby his colleagues to vote on that regards but he chose to waste our time by writing a long book.how many people will read dat his book. Nonsense
At least he said something. However you have a good point
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 9:01am On Apr 26, 2016
Krismart:
Who said he is not in power? All these years he has been in the senate. Where is your father who is supposed to be his age mate abi u don't even have 1

You think everybody is fatherless like you or everybody has a father that did not amount to anything in life like yours.

My father is a successful cardiologist.

6 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Abagworo(m): 9:02am On Apr 26, 2016
It can only work with the 36 States having reasonable autonomy. Merging States will create a new clash of interests.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by betterABIAstate: 9:07am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

What are the achievement of the so called nationalist?

Are they that inconsequential that you cannot tell the world.

Tell us his achievements.
what are you saying?
Zik is part of the reason Nigeria is still in existence, zik played a key role in the independence of Nigeria. Please drop your tribal sentiment because as far as you are still a Nigerian, zik remains your hero.

Are you expecting me to tell you he constructed roads and flyovers?

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by sweetilicious(f): 9:07am On Apr 26, 2016
This exactly is what i kept debating about. The country is to porous. Don't doubt it when i say that in 50 years time, Nigeria will not have constant electricity. Some people still make common sense in this country.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Iamthoney(m): 9:09am On Apr 26, 2016
bashydemy:
When will your father with the certificate from South East write his own book?
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by bonechamberlain(m): 9:12am On Apr 26, 2016
DropShot:

You just commenting for the sake of it and the "likes" you crave for.

What Mettuh is proposing is nonsense and it cannot bring development to many areas. Why do you think the SS zone will bring the development that Bayelsa couldn't achieve as a state to it, if it now becomes part of a larger entity?

Rubbish proposal.
I don't have the time to start explaining the benefits. its ur opinion if its a rubbish proposal. and read again its not metuh proposing but ekweremadu.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by crazymod: 9:12am On Apr 26, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
That's a good idea, but the people that feels they own Nigeria won't live/let that happen.

nobody feels he own Nigeria.... Dont jealous who buy something cheap because nor be him say make your own dey expensive.

We have lazy and inferior senators from the south...... They are too inferior to stand with their northern counterparts toe to toe. Instead of standing on their ground, they will take money and start to tell us about marginalization.

GEJ had opportunity to dismantle northern political cabal but chose to worship them....................... We need a strong man from the south to dismantle northern cabal not people like Ekweremadu, Okorocha or Nwaobochi.

we need made in Nigeria version of DONALD TRUMP.

Stone-heart Diezani would have been OK but she is corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by 9jatatafo(m): 9:14am On Apr 26, 2016
I have always canvass for this. I know it won't work because these corrupt Nigerian politicians are hell bent in raping this country to death
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by yemisat: 9:15am On Apr 26, 2016
Babacele:
why didn't Ekweremadu's PDP do it for all their 16 years in power? mtcheeeew...nonsense noise!
Mumu Ekwe! Nonsense...You didn't do it for 16 fucking years
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 9:15am On Apr 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
what are you saying?
Zik is part of the reason Nigeria is still in existence, zik played a key role in the independence of Nigeria. Please drop your tribal sentiment because as far as you are still a Nigerian, zik remains your hero.

Are you expecting me to tell you he constructed roads and flyovers?

I am laughing in Jukun.

He played a key role in the independence of Nigeria and who did not? How does that make him a nationalist and others tribalist?

Abeg, tell us better achievement that he the so-called nationalist achieved alone.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Guyman02: 9:16am On Apr 26, 2016
Northern Nigeria will not agree to this, they are too parasitic for now.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by lookingfly: 9:17am On Apr 26, 2016
Musiwa419:
Ekweremadu would be the first ibo man that I would vote for, if he contest and places this as his campaign manifesto.
Without regionalism and true federalism, the progrees and development of Nigeria would remain elusive
buhari is in trouble........ You know a leader can perform from his speeches. Not like geriatric Bubu that wanted to stabilize world fuel price, pay 5k to less privilege etc
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:18am On Apr 26, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I know, and I ask, are you enjoying the one you are doing? Your safety isn't even guaranteed
I'm for federalism with regionalism, not confederalism.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by AreaFada2: 9:18am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

Regionalism comes automatically with federalism and resource control.

They will soon accuse him of wanting Biafra through the back door. Northerners in particular will not want to hear this.

No Nigerian state is currently truly viable. Even almighty Lagos still depends on federal allocation. Tinubu was seriously hindered when OBJ withheld Lagos allocation. All those monies released to Fashola helped his first term achievement.

Much less states like Osun, Yobe, etc.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by chinchum(m): 9:18am On Apr 26, 2016
This same man was canvassing for more states creation some months ago. All these two faced representatives sef, they have no ideology, but swim with the tide only.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video Of The Full Military Welcome Ceremony For President Tinubu In Qatar / Seriake Dickson Leads With 25, 415 Votes / Shekau Missing As Boko Haram Releases New Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.