Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,480 members, 7,865,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. - Family (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. (73192 Views)

Nigerian Man Narrates How His Daughter Chose Him During Custody Battle / Two Female Deeper Life Members Battle Over Man / A Surrogate Mother Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by postmann: 9:41am On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

And you are in the best position to understand why they are unable to make peace since you are not able to either.
grin You definitely see me as a man of strife. That perception is wrong. Mindfulness has thou come to persecute me? grin grin grin

Mindfulness:

Since you are so powerful, help develop your country in a more sophisticated way. The so called developed countries that you so despise for supporting ho.mose.xuality are experimenting with artificial intelligence and building robots that will soon serve them in many ways and your country does not even have a stable and efficient power supply infrastructure.

And yet you are here thinking that homes.exuality is a threat.

And here you are, entombed in the same fallacy that has burried many. Since when did advancement in science and technology become proportionate to morality?

9 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by shaybebaby(f): 9:46am On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

Were you enjoying this e-war here or did it rather irritate you?
It's was mildly amusing. The Internet is a bit like the wildest.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 9:53am On May 08, 2016
postmann:

grin You definitely see me as a man of strife. That perception is wrong. Mindfulness has thou come to persecute me? grin grin grin

And here you are entombed in the same fallacy that has burried many. Since when did advancement in science and technology become proportionate to morality?

You must be kidding dear.

So the immorality of Nigerian leaders who exploited the country for their own benefit depriving millions of Nigerians from basic amenities is not linked to the under-development of this country?

It baffles me that you consider Nigerians to be morally superior when the political elites are highly corrupt and the average Nigerian does not even respect the laws that are already in place if the police are not there to beat them up.

Oh, the irony again. Nigerians should be the last people on this earth to pride themselves with moral superiority.

3 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 9:55am On May 08, 2016
shaybebaby:

It's was mildly amusing. The Internet is a bit like the wildest.

Ok, then. wink

[size=3pt]I had the impression that their comments are unnecessarily getting to you.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by shaybebaby(f): 9:57am On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

Ok, then. wink

[size=3pt]I had the impression that their comments are unnecessarily getting to you.[/size]
Cheeky. grin
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 10:00am On May 08, 2016
joseph1832:
I believe you know what usually happens when man decides to play God?

So developing robots is playing God? Developing technology is playing God?

Beside, the countries you speak are the ones who also contributed in making my country backward. If the monies these bastard politicians loot were refused by them, I don't think we'll be where we are today.

What have you contributed to develop your country would be a much better question?

There's something called Neo-Marxist dependency theory, a proponent of A.G Frank, Samir Amin and co, even the great Kwame Nkrumah was among the first set of africans to see the wiles and gimmicks of the west in helping to under develop Africa.

I know this theory.

As long as you keep blaming others for your failure, you will remain dis-empowered.
Mark my words.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by joseph1832(m): 10:08am On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

So developing robots is playing God? Developing technology is playing God?
Yep! Developing robots with intelligence in a way is playing God, as you know, things evolve, it only takes a perverse man with a perverse sense of humor to turn these robots into weapons of war fare. I'm sure you know what happened with the Atomic bomb?.

What have you contributed to develop your country would be a much better question?
What I contribute to developing my country is "freeing the minds" of young nigerians, that's why I'm a teacher. A mind that is imprisoned can never think for itself.

I know this theory.

As long as you keep blaming others for your failure, you will remain dis-empowered.
Mark my words.
Not necessarily, you can keep blaming others for your failuires when others refuse to let you be by preventing you from progressing, because they feel, believe and know that your progress will not and never be beneficial to them, in any way!.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by joseph1832(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2016
shaybebaby:
Cheeky. grin
Shaky, shake your booty baby... Come shake some my way... wink
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 10:15am On May 08, 2016
joseph1832:
Yep! Developing robots with intelligence in a way is playing God, as you know, things evolve, it only takes a perverse man with a perverse sense of humor to turn these robots into weapons of war fare. I'm sure you know what happened with the Atomic bomb?.

I can even turn your smart phone into a bomb. Should we stop using them for this reason?

What I contribute to developing my country is "freeing the minds" of young nigerians, that's why I'm a teacher. A mind that is imprisoned can never think for itself.

You are not freeing their minds, you are imposing your views on them.

Not necessarily, you can keep blaming others for your failuires when others refuse to let you be by preventing you from progressing, because they feel, believe and know that your progress will not and never be beneficial to them, in any way!.

How EXACTLY do other countries prevent you from building an efficient and stable power supply infrastructure?
How EXACTLY do other countries prevent you from building roads and good schools?
How EXACTLY do other countries prevent you from developing drugs against the diseases that are only to be encountered in this part of the world?
How EXACTLY do other countries prevent you from law and order?
How EXACTLY do other countries prevent your political elites from being transparent?

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by francis18: 10:16am On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

Do whatever pleases you dear. I was just wondering why people would choose to fight for days. If this is people's idea of catching fun, so be it.

BUT NOT LONG AGO ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO THIS USED TO BE YOUR MODUS OPERANDI,YOU USED TO SLEEP ON THREADS FOR DAYS TO ARGUE AND FIGHT.JUST BECAUSE YOU DISAPPEARED FOR 6 MONTHS AND CAMEBACK ALL OF A SUDDEN AS MINDFULLNESS,MATURE GROWN UP WOMAN,WITH A HUSBAND AND KID WHO IS SPEAKING IN LESS THAN A YEAR BY THE WAY.AND BY THE WAY NO MATTER HOW YOU CLAIM TO HAVE CHANGED,YOU ARE STILL CAREFREEWANNABE.I SAW YOU YESTERDAY LIKING ALL YOUR FRIEND POSTS undecidedSO YOU SEE YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN ANYONE HERE IF NOT JUST CALCULATIVE.

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 10:19am On May 08, 2016
francis18:

BUT NOT LONG AGO ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO THIS USED TO BE YOUR MODUS OPERANDI,YOU USED TO SLEEP ON THREADS FOR DAYS TO ARGUE AND FIGHT.JUST BECAUSE YOU DISAPPEARED FOR 6 MONTHS AND CAMEBACK ALL OF A SUDDEN AS MINDFULLNESS,MATURE GROWN UP WOMAN,WITH A HUSBAND AND KID WHO IS SPEAKING IN LESS THAN A YEAR BY THE WAY.AND BY THE WAY NO MATTER HOW YOU CLAIM TO HAVE CHANGED,YOU ARE STILL CAREFREEWANNABE.I SAW YOU YESTERDAY LIKING ALL YOUR FRIEND POSTS undecidedSO YOU SEE YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN ANYONE HERE IF NOT JUST CALCULATIVE.

Do I know you?
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by postmann: 10:22am On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

You must be kidding dear.

So the immorality of Nigerian leaders who exploited the country for their own benefit depriving millions of Nigerians from basic amenities is not linked to the under-development of this country?

It baffles me that you consider Nigerians to be morally superior when the political elites are highly corrupt and the average Nigerian does not even respect the laws that are already in place if the police are not there to beat them up.

Oh, the irony again. Nigerians should be the last people on this earth to pride themselves with moral superiority.

Mindfulness, you're seriously at risk of tearing our peace treaty which I doubt you barely knew exists.

I'm a zealous patriot, and I don't take kindly to blacks who have sold out.

You haven't told me how advancement in technology is proportionate to morality.

White leaders don't steal. They're corrupt-free and they practise what they preach.

My Sundays are dedicated days, my friend. But if you must spoil it, make it worthy of facts.

5 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by francis18: 10:26am On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

Do I know you?

YOU DONT NEED TO,I DO. grin ;DANYWAY NOT AFTER YOU,JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT SOME OF US KNOW YOU AND CANT BE FOOL BY YOUR NEW IMAGE.YOU MIGHT HAVE CHANGED YOUR STORY BUT NOT YOUR WAYS,IT IS HARD TO CHANGE OLD HABITS.YOUR WAY OF ARGUMENTS STILL SAME,SLOWLY INTRODUCING EMOJIS wink.HAVE A GOOD DAY.

5 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Ishilove: 10:33am On May 08, 2016
postmann:

Well, I wasn't around when it all began with you guys. But since you both earned by admiration, I can only try to bridge in between you guys. You seem the harder to pacify, I still feel you should let go.

You're right about not knowing much about nairalanders. My handle running from somewhere around September 2014 spent over 2/3 of it's existence being a casual member.

[b]But then I realised something dangerous is taking root here - uncommon ignorance and falsehood. Mis-educated, ill-informed, morons whose perception of life don't stretch beyond a cursory google search and derivations from movie scenes. I couldn't help being more active.

The few abominable characters I have come to know need to be sequestered like a highly contagious disease. If in 2016 a young African adult doesn't know that while homosexuality has existed with the black man, it was never seen as threat to the health and wellbeing of the general population, then such a fellow needs an awareness verification. If a young African adult cannot trace the current upsurge of homosexual restiveness on the African continent on the Obama Administration who partnered with his Jazebelic wife, Mr Cameron to force, coerce, threatened African governments to adopt homosexual laws, then such a fellow has been zombified! His soul is like a lifeboat in the middle of a stormy sea which is at the mercy of the wind.[/b]

Anyone who cannot link homosexuality and feminism is mentally slow.

I'll stop here for now. Its going to be a long melee.

As for my man, _5minsmadness, Ishilove, do me the favour of letting go.
I've let it go, Monsieur Postmann. When I said he should shove his forgiveness where the sun don't shine, that's my way of waving the white flag with my middle finger wink cheesy.

I'm cool, seriously, bruv. Thanks for thy concern.

As to the bolded, guy you have such a fantastic way with words. You are a very fine writer, one of the best, non-literature writers I've had the pleasure of coming across on Nairaland, rivalled only by Jakumo. The poetic cadences that flow through your writing speaks of an artistic soul. I'm very envious smiley

Larrysun come and meet Postmann cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 10:33am On May 08, 2016
postmann:

Mindfulness, you're seriously at risk of tearing our peace treaty which I doubt you barely knew exists.

I'm a zealous patriot, and I don't take kindly to blacks who have sold out.

You haven't told me how advancement in technology is proportionate to morality.

White leaders don't steal. They're corrupt-free and they practise what they preach.

My Sundays are dedicated days, my friend. But if you must spoil it, make it worthy of facts.

If your leaders were moral (and the average Nigerian too), the money would have been spent on the collective well-being. Money would have been invested in education and research, enabling technological advancement among many other things.

This is how rationality and morality based on rationality and not on some sentimental, religious gibberish helps to develop a GREAT nation.

Very simple.

2 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 10:34am On May 08, 2016
francis18:

YOU DONT NEED TO,I DO. grin ;DANYWAY NOT AFTER YOU,JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT SOME OF US KNOW YOU AND CANT BE FOOL BY YOUR NEW IMAGE.YOU MIGHT HAVE CHANGED YOUR STORY BUT NOT YOUR WAYS,IT IS HARD TO CHANGE OLD HABITS.YOUR WAY OF ARGUMENTS STILL SAME,SLOWLY INTRODUCING EMOJIS wink.HAVE A GOOD DAY.

Have a good day too.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by joseph1832(m): 10:37am On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

I can even turn your smart phone into a bomb. Should we stop using them for this reason?
I'll be more curious as to how you intend to turn my smart phone into a bomb. Mind you, everyone has different reason for doing and using something, just because you intend using yours for good, doesn't mean others want to use theirs for good either.

You are not freeing their minds, you are imposing your views on them.
Nope! I'm freeing their minds, my views are my views, that's why I tell them to scrutinize everything I teach and tell them, so they will know if I'm speaking the truth or not.

One must leave a child to find his or her own path. The least we could do, is show them the path, its their choice to walk the path or flee from it.

How EXACTLY do other countries prevent you from building an efficient and stable power supply infrastructure?
How EXACTLY do other countries prevent you from building roads and good schools?
How EXACTLY do other countries prevent you from developing drugs against the diseases that are only to be encountered in this part of the world?
How EXACTLY do other countries prevent you from law and order?
How EXACTLY do other countries prevent your political elites from being transparent?
Simple put, the monies meant for these things are laundered abroad, of which the countries who receive this monies know where the money came from, but still accepted it.

The same thing that prevents our political elites from being transparent is the same thing that prevents western political elites from being transparent. I believe you heard of the Panama Paper saga right?

2 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 10:47am On May 08, 2016
joseph1832:
I'll be more curious as to how you intend to turn my smart phone into a bomb.

Why do you want to know? grin grin grin

Mind you, everyone has different reason for doing and using something, just because you intend using yours for good, doesn't mean others want to use theirs for good either.

Exactly.

Nope! I'm freeing their minds, my views are my views, that's why I tell them to scrutinize everything I teach and tell them, so they will know if I'm speaking the truth or not.

Keep your opinion to yourself so that they are COMPLETELY free to form their own.

One must leave a child to find his or her own path. The least we could do, is show them the path, its their choice to walk the path or flee from it.

I don't want to show my kids the path, I want them to find their own.

Simple put, the monies meant for these things are laundered abroad, of which the countries who receive this monies know where the money came from, but still accepted it.

Not the countries, the banks.
Some European governments pay tremendous amounts of money to foreign banks for them to reveal who is laundering money there. Yet, none of these governments will accuse the country where the money is being laundered for their problems.

The same thing that prevents our political elites from being transparent is the same thing that prevents western political elites from being transparent. I believe you heard of the Panama Paper saga right?

Of course, I have. The way they handled the issue is very different from the way Nigeria would have handled it. Iceland's prime minister resigned almost immediately.

And I have not heard one European country complain that Panama is preventing their progress.

2 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by joseph1832(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

Why do you want to know? grin grin grin
I do.

Exactly.
At times a feel like kissing you. wink

Keep your opinion to yourself so that they are COMPLETELY free to form their own.
Yes, but remember, I don't teach base on my opinion, I teach base on establish curriculum which I follow, so when it comes to applying my opinion, I do so with established facts and reason.

I don't want to show my kids the path, I want them to find their own.
Ah this might be harmful to you and even your kids, failing to show your kids the path, might make them stray and join ISIS or Boko Haram. How often have we seen this happen?

Not the countries, the banks.
Some European governments pay tremendous amounts of money to foreign banks for them to reveal who is laundering money there. Yet, none of these governments will accuse the country where the money is being laundered for their problems.
LOL. You think? The government should then enact laws preventing these banks from receiving monies from this set of disgruntled elements. But, do such laws exist?

Of course, I have. The way they handled the issue is very different from the way Nigeria would have handled it. Iceland's prime minister resigned almost immediately
True that, but Iceland is not Nigeria, religious and tribal sentiment is not being used by the elites to blind the unsuspecting foolish multitude.

And I have not heard one European country complain that Panama is preventing their progress.
I only used Panama as a guide to show you that corruption isn't just synonymous to Nigeria only. Its a global thing.

The problem that hinders Nigeria from progressing is both internal and external.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 08, 2016
joseph1832:
I do.

At times a feel like kissing you. wink

Not only you. kiss

Yes, but remember, I don't teach base on my opinion, I teach base on establish curriculum which I follow, so when it comes to applying my opinion, I do so with established facts and reason.

Whether your opinions are based on facts or sentiments, doesn't matter. You should follow the principle of neutrality in the classroom and leave space for free thinking. Your opinions are yours, let them develop their own without influencing them by the power of your authority.

Ah this might be harmful to you and even your kids, failing to show your kids the path, might make them stray and join ISIS or Boko Haram. How often have we seen this happen?

Boko Haram and ISIS are the result of profound pain, desperation and ignorance. My home is full of love, support and wisdom. wink

LOL. You think? The government should then enact laws preventing these banks from receiving monies from this set of disgruntled elements. But, do such laws exist?

Do Nigerian banks ask people where they got the money from that they are paying into their accounts?
And if so, do they have the means to trace the origin of the money?

True that, but Iceland is not Nigeria, religious and tribal sentiment is not being used by the elites to blind the unsuspecting foolish multitude.

Words of wisdom.

I only used Panama as a guide to show you that corruption isn't just synonymous to Nigeria only. Its a global thing.

But we both know that Nigerians take corruption to a higher level. You are familiar with the corruption index, aren't you?

The problem that hinders Nigeria from progressing is both internal and external.

Kindly back up your opinion with evidence. But please spare me the history of colonial experience. I won't disagree that it has taken its toll on the country but it's time to move on. We have been celebrating independence for decades now.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by joseph1832(m): 12:46pm On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

Not only you. kiss
Who else... Surely we can't be legion, for we can't be that many. Lol. wink

Whether your opinions are based on facts or sentiments, doesn't matter. You should follow the principle of neutrality in the classroom and leave space for free thinking. Your opinions are yours, let them develop their own without influencing them by the power of your authority.
Our thoughts and opinions were influenced by one thing or the other, which ever or however way you want to look at it, giving kids the chance of free thinking might prove disastrous. Influencing them along the lines of logic, reason and critical thinking can't be that bad of an influence can it?

Boko Haram and ISIS are the result of profound pain, desperation and ignorance. My home is full of love, support and wisdom. wink
True that, but still, permit me to be a member of your home, remember, there's love in sharing. wink

Do Nigerian banks ask people where they got the money from that they are paying into their accounts?
And if so, do they have the means to trace the origin of the money?
They don't! That's why nigerian banks are the legalized robbers of society. I bet you, in oversea countries, banks ask questions about how one came to acquire money, especially if that person has a regular job.

Nigeria is the country where a man lives under the bridge today, within the next 5 mins, he's driving a Benz E class, and nobody will ask him where and how he got his money. Even if you ask, you're labeled 'a hater' or 'a bad belle'.

Words of wisdom.
I have you to inspire them. wink

But we both know that Nigerians take corruption to a higher level. You are familiar with the corruption index, aren't you?
Aye! Here is a country where corruption is a virtue and honesty is a vice. We celebrate corruption here in Nigeria because we've been raped bastardly by religious and tribal sentiment.

I tell you, Nigeria aint just corrupt with looting money, but we're also corrupt with our sexual appetite, having a threesome_ and cheating isn't juts enough any more, but now we tend to have shifted our gaze to the kids (13year old) CTY (Catch Them Young) seem to be the mantra now. All thanks to Senator Yerima and co.

Kindly back up your opinion with evidence. But please spare me the history of colonial experience. I won't disagree that it has taken its toll on the country but it's time to move on. We have been celebrating independence for decades now.
Do you know the independence the British gave us was titular of flag like Kwame Nkrumah said in his book: Neo Colonialism, The Hightest Stage Of Capitalism?

Babe, we're not free! We're still being colonized! That's why you see almost everything now revolves around the way of the British, even our lingua fraca is British. The independence was have is nothing but a mirage, the only independence we possess is just political, economic independence doesn't even come close to it.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 08, 2016
joseph1832:
Who else... Surely we can't be legion, for we can't be that many. Lol. wink

No comment. smiley

Our thoughts and opinions were influenced by one thing or the other, which ever or however way you want to look at it, giving kids the chance of free thinking might prove disastrous. Influencing them along the lines of logic, reason and critical thinking can't be that bad of an influence can it?

In order to enable them to think logically and critically, your opinion is not needed and may even turn out to be counterproductive. I think that we are pretty much on the same page regarding this topic, the only difference is that I believe that a teacher should keep his opinion to himself so that students do not feel intimidated to have differing opinions.

True that, but still, permit me to be a member of your home, remember, there's love in sharing. wink

You are most welcome. It's my castle, make yourself feel at home.

They don't! That's why nigerian banks are the legalized robbers of society. I bet you, in oversea countries, banks ask questions about how one came to acquire money, especially if that person has a regular job.

Since the financial crisis in 2008 it is obvious that governments have failed to impose regulations that would prevent the financial markets and currencies from crashing. I believe that politicians are temporarily overwhelmed by the challenges a globalized world has confronted them with but I am also optimistic that solutions will be found. It must be so. However, I don't believe that ALL western governments have been sabotaging Africa.

I believe that more and more people come to understand that there is power in unity, not only on a national level but on an international level. We live in a globalized world and we co-dependent on one another and we should follow this path, which has ensured more than 50 years of peace in Europe and we should do so on a global scale instead of dividing the world into good and evil.

We will get there. it is my dream.

Nigeria is the country where a man lives under the bridge today, within the next 5 mins, he's driving a Benz E class, and nobody will ask him where and how he got his money. Even if you ask, you're labeled 'a hater' or 'a bad belle'.

They will not only not ask him, they will worship him. I can't blame them. People who experienced poverty love money more than anyone else.

I have you to inspire them. wink

Thank you. kiss smiley kiss

Aye! Here is a country where corruption is a virtue and honesty is a vice. We celebrate corruption here in Nigeria because we've been raped bastardly by religious and tribal sentiment.

I agree 100%.

I tell you, Nigeria aint just corrupt with looting money, but we're also corrupt with our sexual appetite, having a threesome_ and cheating isn't juts enough any more, but now we tend to have shifted our gaze to the kids (13year old) CTY (Catch Them Young) seem to be the mantra now. All thanks to Senator Yerima and co.

I couldn't care less what people do privately as long as consenting adults are involved who are not being exploited in any way.

Do you know the independence the British gave us was titular of flag like Kwame Nkrumah said in his book: Neo Colonialism, The Hightest Stage Of Capitalism?

The term neocolonialism was coined by a white person, who meant well but we should be able to empower ourselves instead of blaming others for our shortcomings. Nobody can exploit us without our consent. Other countries simply act in their own best interest. Negotiate in a smart way and enjoy the benefits. Nothing wrong with it.

Babe, we're not free! We're still being colonized! That's why you see almost everything now revolves around the way of the British, even our lingua fraca is British. The independence was have is nothing but a mirage, the only independence we possess is just political, economic independence doesn't even come close to it.

A lingua franca is a beautiful thing. It connects people on a global scale. I have no problem with this. In fact, I think it is one of the good things that colonialism did for the world.

Political independence is a lot and could have made the country a second Singapore - a flourishing economy and former colony.

Why is it that some former British colonies are flourishing today but Nigeria isn't? Obviously, colonialism didn't stop other nations from developing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by joseph1832(m): 2:19pm On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

No comment. smiley
I'll remember not to push you to comment. smiley

In order to enable them to think logically and critically, your opinion is not needed and may even turn out to be counterproductive. I think that we are pretty much on the same page regarding this topic, the only difference is that I believe that a teacher should keep his opinion to himself so that students do not feel intimidated to have differing opinions.
Never forget, my opinion as a teacher can not be negated because the kids will still ask questions about things they find difficult to understand. It is left for me to guide them using like I said earlier, logic, reason and critical thinking as a yardstick for them to follow.

When a kid ask for my opinion, I tell them and I make them know it is just my opinion, that's why I said earlier that I usually tell the kids I teach to scrutinize everything I teach and say to them.

You are most welcome. It's my castle, make yourself feel at home.
Thanks. smiley

Since the financial crisis in 2008 it is obvious that governments have failed to impose regulations that would prevent the financial markets and currencies from crashing. I believe that politicians are temporarily overwhelmed by the challenges a globalized world has confronted them with but I am also optimistic that solutions will be found. It must be so. However, I don't believe that ALL western governments have been sabotaging Africa.
The concept of globalization never stopped the nigerian politician from stealing, it never did, he has at his disposal the power of globalization to enable him steal, and why does he continue to steal?, its because the machinery put in place to check his excesses is weak and docile.

I believe that more and more people come to understand that there is power in unity, not only on a national level but on an international level. We live in a globalized world and we co-dependent on one another and we should follow this path, which has ensured more than 50 years of peace in Europe and we should do so on a global scale instead of dividing the world into good and evil.
Believe me, people are avidly aware that there is power in unity, but that unity is usually with ones tribe and religious affiliation. It has been like this since before we were born. You wonder why christianity keeps trying to paint islam black, and islam does the same?

The 50years of peace in europe didn't come with total peace, there are still a few skirmish here and there. A globalized world where one is forced to think and believe that if you don't belong to this school of thought, you wouldn't survive can't be said to self sufficient

We will get there. it is my dream.
Dreams do come true, but more often, blood is spilled towards the actualization to that dream.

They will not only not ask him, they will worship him. I can't blame them. People who experienced poverty love money more than anyone else.
Poverty comes with different types, but when one has poverty of the mind, one is almost said to be doomed! Such is what is obtainable here in Nigeria.

Thank you. kiss smiley kiss
You're most welcome.

I agree 100%.
smiley

I couldn't care less what people do privately as long as consenting adults are involved who are not being exploited in any way.
I see...

The term neocolonialism was coined by a white person, who meant well but we should be able to empower ourselves instead of blaming others for our shortcomings. Nobody can exploit us without our consent. Other countries simply act in their own best interest. Negotiate in a smart way and enjoy the benefits. Nothing wrong with it.
That's the full concept of imperialism, act in your best interest, eve though it mean depriving others from achieving theirs.

A lingua franca is a beautiful thing. It connects people on a global scale. I have no problem with this. In fact, I think it is one of the good things that colonialism did for the world.
You mean imposing another mans language on you?

Political independence is a lot and could have made the country a second Singapore - a flourishing economy and former colony.
Political independence without economic independence is still second slavery.

Why is it that some former British colonies are flourishing today but Nigeria isn't? Obviously, colonialism didn't stop other nations from developing.
British colonies such as? Name one African British colony that is flourishing like singapore?

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by cococandy(f): 2:33pm On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

Cococandy, thanks for quoting this beautiful piece. How did I miss it?
Finally someone who understands that life is not all black and white and sees all the other beautiful colors. smiley
i love broad minded folks

2 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 08, 2016
joseph1832:
I'll remember not to push you to comment. smiley

Push it some more. grin

Never forget, my opinion as a teacher can not be negated because the kids will still ask questions about things they find difficult to understand. It is left for me to guide them using like I said earlier, logic, reason and critical thinking as a yardstick for them to follow.

When a kid ask for my opinion, I tell them and I make them know it is just my opinion, that's why I said earlier that I usually tell the kids I teach to scrutinize everything I teach and say to them.

The mediocre teacher tells, the good teacher explains, the superior teacher demonstrates, the great teacher inspires. wink

Source unknown.

Thanks. smiley

smiley

The concept of globalization never stopped the nigerian politician from stealing, it never did, he has at his disposal the power of globalization to enable him steal, and why does he continue to steal?, its because the machinery put in place to check his excesses is weak and docile.

It's not a concept, it's an unstoppable process, a reality. According to Friedman there have been three eras of globalization. We are in the third phase now. It has shrunk the world to size tiny and the driving force has been technology. The world has changed so rapidly, politicians have not been able to keep up with these tremendous changes. Global challenges require global solutions. This is what everybody needs to understand but some people are still thinking in terms of tribe or race. undecided

Believe me, people are avidly aware that there is power in unity, but that unity is usually with ones tribe and religious affiliation. It has been like this since before we were born. You wonder why christianity keeps trying to paint islam black, and islam does the same?

Well, we have to go beyond such small scale thinking. wink It can start with you and I. cheesy

The 50years of peace in europe didn't come with total peace, there are still a few skirmish here and there. A globalized world where one is forced to think and believe that if you don't belong to this school of thought, you wouldn't survive can't be said to self sufficient

Well, at least there has been no WWIII ever since. It is a milestone, a great achievement.

Dreams do come true, but more often, blood is spilled towards the actualization to that dream.

Not necessarily.

Poverty comes with different types, but when one has poverty of the mind, one is almost said to be doomed! Such is what is obtainable here in Nigeria.

You are a teacher, you can make a HUGE difference EVERY DAY. It's a blessing. wink

You're most welcome.

smiley

I see...

That's the full concept of imperialism, act in your best interest, eve though it mean depriving others from achieving theirs.

I believe that we are past the stage of imperialism. Capitalism may at times be brutal but it is not the same as imperialism.
I believe that the answer to the problems arising in capitalist societies is a social market economy that does not leave behind the sick or old.

You mean imposing another mans language on you?

I speak three languages fluently and one other less fluently. I don't feel like anything has been imposed on me. I feel I was being enriched.

Political independence without economic independence is still second slavery.

But it is our political elites who failed to ensure economic independence, not the white man.

British colonies such as? Name one African British colony that is flourishing like singapore?

Singapore is a former British colony. USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Hong Kong and India.

This by no means is an ode to Great Britain. I actually think that it is a shame that they are still proud of their history.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 08, 2016
cococandy:
i love broad minded folks

So do I. smiley kiss
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by postmann: 5:41pm On May 08, 2016
Ishilove:

I've let it go, Monsieur Postma nn...cheesy cheesy

I must admit you made me feel like a kid again, lost in a borderless joy, having come first in his class and is set to receive a brand new PS4 as promised by daddy.

But getting the praise is one thing, living the hype is another. I'm not as good as you tempt me to believe, but that coming from you, is a precious souvenir.

wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Ishilove: 5:59pm On May 08, 2016
postmann:

I must admit you made me feel like a kid again, lost in a borderless joy, having come first in his class and is set to receive a brand new PS4 as promised by daddy.

But getting the praise is one thing, living the hype is another. I'm not as good as you tempt me to believe, but that coming from you, is a precious souvenir.

wink wink wink
More poetry kiss wink

Please don't let it end as a souvenir because you're a lot better than you think. Utilise it and you will be very glad you did. You have a gift, bless the world with it. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by crackhaus: 7:13pm On May 08, 2016
My eyes hurt mehn... this is now a chat thread? grin

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by analice107: 7:15pm On May 08, 2016
[quote author=virginboy1 post=45372891]All this girls forming feminist mehnnn.

I don't really get. Is it that they don't need a man or they are jealous of men?

Moverever, who services their cookies?

No be same men?

Am out.

[/quote
I will say Yes, they are Jealous of men and, I think they want to be men. In their lesbian relationships, they play the men. Don't mind this female gays, every woman needs a man, if not why do they play men in their relationships?

2 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by analice107: 7:24pm On May 08, 2016
freecocoa:
It's a battle(as suggested by you), you are loosing and all you can talk about is being content with "few" positivity blah blah and more blah.

Of what use is this your positively different jargon, if you can't achieve anything with it?(since you will obviously be a minority).

Swayed by fad you say? Why the hypocrisy? Many people castigating feminism and every supposed new fad you claim, are in the white man's country, using their new technologies, their new ideas, religion, down to their food, all to better your lives, yet I and the ones who you do not agree with on that, an adult should be able to choose how to live, are the ones following new fads? Really?

And I take it you have met every feminist and have proven that they are miserable because they are feminists.

You my friend, I tire for.
Is Feminism the reason for which you are a Lesbian?

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by joseph1832(m): 7:36pm On May 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

Push it some more. grin
Really?

The mediocre teacher tells, the good teacher explains, the superior teacher demonstrates, the great teacher inspires. wink
Source unknown.
Now I agree. That's an enlighten mind to know this.

smiley

It's not a concept, it's an unstoppable process, a reality. According to Friedman there have been three eras of globalization. We are in the third phase now. It has shrunk the world to size tiny and the driving force has been technology. The world has changed so rapidly, politicians have not been able to keep up with these tremendous changes. Global challenges require global solutions. This is what everybody needs to understand but some people are still thinking in terms of tribe or race. undecided
True! I agree.

Well, we have to go beyond such small scale thinking. wink It can start with you and I. cheesy
Indeed it can. That much I agree.

Well, at least there has been no WWIII ever since. It is a milestone, a great achievement.
Well the bombings and others things says different though.

Not necessarily.
grin

You are a teacher, you can make a HUGE difference EVERY DAY. It's a blessing. wink
That much I try to do, to the best of my ability.

I believe that we are past the stage of imperialism. Capitalism may at times be brutal but it is not the same as imperialism.
I believe that the answer to the problems arising in capitalist societies is a social market economy that does not leave behind the sick or old.
Hmm. The instance of imperialism, which is the highest stage of capitalism is as a result of greed!. And greed can make a man sell his soul.

I speak three languages fluently and one other less fluently. I don't feel like anything has been imposed on me. I feel I was being enriched.
Wow! I'm in love!!!!. And I'm impressed, I rarely get the chance to have a woman impress me, thus far, you're doing very nicely. wink

But it is our political elites who failed to ensure economic independence, not the white man.

Singapore is a former British colony. USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Hong Kong and India.

This by no means is an ode to Great Britain. I actually think that it is a shame that they are still proud of their history.
LOL. That's all I can say. Tell me, you reside in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (41) (Reply)

Married Nigerian Ladies No Longer Take Shit From Their Husbands (Pictures) / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Wife Storms Church, Scatters Husband's Wedding To Another Lady (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.