Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. (72141 Views)

Nigerian Man Narrates How His Daughter Chose Him During Custody Battle / Two Female Deeper Life Members Battle Over Man / A Surrogate Mother Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by ValerianSteel(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Excuse me, I'm not a manipulator of any truth, okay, amidst all the types of marriage we have in Nigeria, why did you use court marriage as a yardstick to base your premise on? Why didn't you use traditional and religious marriage? And you dare call me manipulator of the truth? Abegi bros. Chill for corner.
For one Nigeria is not a theocratic state,Officially she is considered Secular.I have to use the court marriage which is sanctioned by the Nigerian Statehood through codified laws that govern the institution of marriage passed by the Nigerian parliament and upheld by the Nigerian judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
It's not the same thing and quite frankly, I'm tired of going in circles trying to explain simple logic to you. How does abusing a minor and two consenting adults having sex compare? I know both are a crimes in Nigeria, I am only telling you that one shouldn't be.
Now I get you, you're giving your opinion. I see. Then permit me to tell you that your opinion will not be taken into consideration, as it is not law.

Having freedom of association doesn't mean abusing a child, abusing a child, qualifies as a crime, because there is a "child" involved, a child cannot make decisions for himself, that is a sensible and just reason to criminalise child abuse. Or you going to ask me why a child shouldn't have the right to make decisions for himself too?
How can a child make rational decision? Just like how can a man shagging another man's butthole be rational to us, and that's why it is criminalized. Hope you get me, we don't reason like you guys do!.

What is people's business with what two adults decide to do with their lives? If everybody over here will agree on the law being fair, why are we having this argument? Why are so many Nigerians gay?grin
Same way it isn't any bodies business what three or more adults decide to do with their lives.

If everybody here in Nigeria admits that the law is fair in criminalizing homosexuality

, how/why is it your business to say the law is flawed, after all, your democracy which we copied advocates majority carries the vote.

People beat people up, of course, but it is nonetheless a crime , yet can be excused depending on circumstances.
I'd have kissed you for this, if not that you've been too damn opinionated. tongue

Ain't no government going to India to tell them to quit polyandry anyways, neither do I see the US coming here to tell you not to marry more than one woman, and yes, they gave you good reason why you should let people be gay, you just don't want to see reason because you are blinded by so called religion/culture.
There reasons can never be our reason, how do you expect one to reason with someone who have no culture or traditions, who revel in celebrating other people culture as their own. Lol. grin

The law of bigamy discriminates against more than two people being in a marriage.

Oh! But that's the problem, there is no way it can be proven beyond every reasonable doubt, that consent wasn't influenced by religion/morality and I can't believe I have to reiterate this, some policies are beyond simple morality, this is one of such policies. The only way to be safe, is make a union between two people, so it is fair.
Last time I checked, there is no crime in one being influenced by his culture, religion or even tradition, every one is influenced one way or the other, just like we were influenced into wearing shorts and mini skirt grin

So the only way to be safe, is to adhere to what one deem safe. Not listen to foreigners.

Hömosexuality is not about people's ways of lives or culture, if is about our humanity as a race.
How is homosexuality about a people's way of life and culture, how is it about our humanity as a race? When all it has to do is "sex". Mind you, culture/tradition goes way beyond sex.

There is a good reason, why it's not best for three people to be in a marriage.

Over time, it has been proven that monogamy is better and yes, polygamy has done a whole lot of damage, it will just be a waste of time, we arguing about it.
Be that as it may, what right have you to stop a man who wants to marry more than one woman? Its all his choice right, and the choice(s) of the women involved.

I suppose you can explain to me why a man will wake up one morning and decide to turn himself into a woman, or why he wakes up one morning and decide he is gay.

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
For one Nigeria is not a theocratic state,Officially she is considered Secular.I have to use the court marriage which is sanctioned by the Nigerian Statehood through codified laws that govern the institution of marriage passed by the Nigerian parliament and upheld by the Nigerian judiciary.
And did you bother to ask where this 'codify' laws that are sanctioned in statehood were gotten from?
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
My point exactly, at the emboldened, who and who gave anybody the right to label a thing 'controlled substance?'

Believe me, if and when I decide to be sarcastic, you'll know.
The courts, after looking at facts on ground.

Fundamental human rights are regarded as a set of legal protections, in the context of a legal system, where this system is based on the same set of basic fundamental and inalienable rights. This set of rights without presumption, apply to all human beings under such jurisdiction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
The courts, after looking at facts on ground.
Oh, I guess the facts are universal and generally accepted every where in the world?

Fundamental human rights are regarded as a set of legal protections, in the context of a legal system, where this system is based on the same set of basic fundamental and inalienable rights. This set of rights without presumption, apply to all human beings under such jurisdiction.
Jolly good!. Now kiss me and stop debating... grin

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
Did you just say their child? when did they give birth to her and how

A surrogate agreement is binding. The moment the surrogate mother entered into a contract, she gave up her rights to the child. The child in question now belongs to the 2 men.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Now I get you, you're giving your opinion. I see. Then permit me to tell you that your opinion will not be taken into consideration, as it is not law.

How can a child make rational decision? Just like how can a man shagging another man's butthole be rational to us, and that's why it is criminalized. Hope you get me, we don't reason like you guys do!.

Same way it isn't any bodies business what three or more adults decide to do with their lives.

If everybody here in Nigeria admits that the law is fair in criminalizing homosexuality

, how/why is it your business to say the law is flawed, after all, your democracy which we copied advocates majority carries the vote.

I'd have kissed you for this, if not that you've been too damn opinionated. tongue

There reasons can never be our reason, how do you expect one to reason with someone who have no culture or traditions, who revel in celebrating other people culture as their own. Lol. grin

Last time I checked, there is no crime in one being influenced by his culture, religion or even tradition, every one is influenced one way or the other, just like we were influenced into wearing shorts and mini skirt grin

So the only way to be safe, is to adhere to what one deem safe. Not listen to foreigners.

How is homosexuality about a people's way of life and culture, how is it about our humanity as a race? When all it has to do is "sex". Mind you, culture/tradition goes way beyond sex.

Be that as it may, what right have you to stop a man who wants to marry more than one woman? Its all his choice right, and the choice(s) of the women involved.

I suppose you can explain to me why a man will wake up one morning and decide to turn himself into a woman, or why he wakes up one morning and decide he is gay.
My opinion isn't law alright but it all starts with an opinion, don't conclude in haste. tongue

Perhaps it's irrational because you don't want to be reasonable?

But everybody in Nigeria doesn't agree on this, plus it's starting to look like more Nigerians are involved in homosexual activities than they like to let on.

I like to be reasonable so I tend to hold onto my reasonable reasons, if you call it being opinionated, what can I say?

People borrow cultures everywhere, heck you borrowed his culture more than he did yours, example, your two key religions, the jokes on you my man.grin

But what you think is safe isn't, it is dangerous and barbaric, I don't see the difference between criminalising hömosexuality and killing twins. undecided

I'm saying, being gay transcends culture/tradition, it is something that happens everywhere, so you don't handle issues relating to it based on your cultural and religious tenets. It is a human race issue, not cultural, so you can't say being gay, is a white man's culture.

The society where bigamy is illegal, understand that there is need for that law, that is why it's there, the US doesn't force people not to practice bigamy in their different countries if it is allowed. I don't see how I can explain why a man shouldn't have the choice of marrying two women again, ugh!

Because he can decide to be who he wants to be, so long as he isn't hurting anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Oh, I guess the facts are universal and generally accepted every where in the world?

Jolly good!. Now kiss me and stop debating... grin
The idea that humans have such fundamental rights as human beings, transcends all jurisdiction but are reinforced in different ways, within different legal systems.

I'm not allowed to kiss you.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
My opinion isn't law alright but it all starts with an opinion, don't conclude in haste. tongue
Haste my ass. tongue you'll have to wait in vain and witness the futility of your opinion. grin

Perhaps it's irrational because you don't want to be reasonable?
Perhaps its irrational because you're shoving your opinions down people's throat.

But everybody in Nigeria doesn't agree on this, plus it's starting to look like more Nigerians are involved in homosexual activities than they like to let on.
How do you know this? Can you give evidence to back up your claim?

I like to be reasonable so I tend to hold onto my reasonable reasons, if you calling being opinionated, what can I say?
What can you say, you can say you like me and answer your pm. grin

People borrow cultures everywhere, heck you borrowed his culture more than he did yours, example, your two key religions, the jokes on you my man.grin
Heck! We didn't borrow any thing, it was shoved down our throats because 'he' brainwashed us into believing our culture is archaic and primitive.

But what you think is safe isn't, it is dangerous and barbaric, I don't see the difference between criminalising hömosexuality and killing twins. undecided
Same way I don't see the difference between accepting homosexuality and criminalising polygamy.

I'm saying, being gay transcends culture/tradition, it is something that happens everywhere, so you don't handle issues relating to it based on your cultural and religious tenets. It is a human race issue, not cultural, so you can't say being gay, is a white man's culture.
It happens everywhere base on the white man's way of influencing everything he does not like and agree with. Homosexuality can not be a human race issue because it has always been a man, and a woman, coming together to reproduce. It natural for a woman to make love to a man, conceive and give birth, but its unnatural for a man to give birth, have you ever heard of a man who gave birth?

The society where bigamy is illegal, understand that there is need for that law, that is why it's there, the US doesn't force people not to practice bigamy in their different countries if it is allowed. I don't see how I can explain why a man shouldn't have the choice of marrying two women again, ugh
The society where homosexuality is illegal understands that there is need for that law also. The U.S has been criticizing african countries that criminalize homosexuals. I never thought I'd ever say this, but "thank God for Robert Mugabe". grin

Because he can decide to be who he wants to be, so long as he isn't hurting anyone.
True that! So let him have his right to marry more than one wife, so long as he isn't hurting them. grin
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
The idea that humans have such fundamental rights as human beings, transcends all jurisdiction but are reinforced in different ways, within different legal systems.

I'm not allowed to kiss you.
Why? Who and what law say you're not allowed to kiss me? wink
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Haste my ass. tongue you'll have to wait in vain and witness the futility of your opinion. grin

Perhaps its irrational because you're shoving your opinions down people's throat.

How do you know this? Can you give evidence to back up your claim?

What can you say, you can say you like me and answer your pm. grin

Heck! We didn't borrow any thing, it was shoved down our throats because 'he' brainwashed us into believing our culture is archaic and primitive.

Same way I don't see the difference between accepting homosexuality and criminalising polygamy.

It happens everywhere base on the white man's way of influencing everything he does not like and agree with. Homosexuality can not be a human race issue because it has always been a man, and a woman, coming together to reproduce. It natural for a woman to make love to a man, conceive and give birth, but its unnatural for a man to give birth, have you ever heard of a man who gave birth?

The society where homosexuality is illegal understands that there is need for that law also. The U.S has been criticizing african countries that criminalize homosexuals. I never thought I'd ever say this, but "thank God for Robert Mugabe". grin

True that! So let him have his right to marry more than one wife, so long as he isn't hurting them. grin
Well, we'll see.

Again, ain't nobody shoving nothing down ya throats, live and let live. angry

You kept making reference to me, like you know I'm not Nigerian, I am Nigerian and the people involved in homosexual activities I know, are more than enough evidence but hey! It's Nigerians we talking of, I've never seen a more hypocritical bunch. undecided

And if I don't like you? undecided

Of course you won't see the difference, your hypocritical culture/religion won't let you.

Even your holy books agree that hömosexuality, transcends different races, as does history.

Now, the only reason for sex is procreation? And I though I've heard it all.grin

Mugabe is a crazy old tyrant, like Obama is gay. Pfftt

But people are being hurt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 4:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Why? Who and what law say you're not allowed to kiss me? wink
Because I shouldn't, my relationship with a certain someone doesn't allow that, the laws governing that relationship says so.tongue
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
Well, we'll see.
Indeed we shall. grin

Again, ain't nobody shoving nothing down ya throats, live and let live. angry
hOkey dokey.

You kept making reference to me, like you know I'm not Nigerian, I am Nigerian and the people people involved in homosexual activities I know, are more than enough evidence but hey! It's Nigerians we talking of, I've never seen a more hypocritical bunch. undecided
You're a Nigerian, living in Nigeria? Or you live abroad because the influence of the white man I sense in you. wink

And if I don't like you? undecided
And what if you do? wink

Of course you won't see the difference, your hypocritical culture/religion won't let you.
My culture, my religion? Perish the thought! I'm no way religious as I'm in no way traditional, heck, I can't even speak my own language edo, so what makes you feel I'm blinded by religion and culture?

Even your holy books agree that hömosexuality, transcends different races, as does history.
Whose Holy Books? Mine, I don't have a Holy Book. Lol.

Now, the only reason for sex is procreation? And I though I've heard it all.grin
Heck No! And thank God is not the only reason, but you'll agree the main reason for sex is for procreation? The fun of sex I relish like a well prepared dish, such as you. wink wink wink

Mugabe is a crazy old tyrant, like Obama is gay. Pfftt
Hmm, I love the sarcasm... I'm starting to like you.. tongue

But people are being hurt.
How are they being hurt?
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 4:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
Because I shouldn't, my relationship with a certain someone doesn't allow that, the laws governing that relationship says so.tongue
Well then, can you show me where the laws said so?
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Indeed we shall. grin

hOkey dokey.

You're a Nigerian, living in Nigeria? Or you live abroad because the influence of the white man I sense in you. wink

And what if you do? wink

My culture, my religion? Perish the thought! I'm no way religious as I'm in no way traditional, heck, I can't even speak my own language edo, so what makes you feel I'm blinded by religion and culture?

Whose Holy Books? Mine, I don't have a Holy Book. Lol.

Heck No! And thank God is not the only reason, but you'll agree the main reason for sex is for procreation? The fun of sex I relish like a well prepared dish, such as you. wink wink wink

Hmm, I love the sarcasm... I'm starting to like you.. tongue

How are they being hurt?
It doesn't matter where I live because, humanity, exceed places.tongue

What if I like you? I guess we'll never know.

You've been telling me your laws on hömosexuality (which are drawn from religion/culture ) hömosexuality should be gay, now if you are not cultural or religious, why support such laws?

I don't know how you arrived at procreation, being the main reason for sex, I mean, people start having the urge/need for sex, before they are ready to procreate, then there are people who don't want to and shouldn't procreate

Oh! You didn't like me but think I should like you and accept your pm? Yea right.tongue

Children are being forced into marriages, women are being mistreated and so many other ills that come with polygamy.

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 5:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Well then, can you show me where the laws said so?
It's a law between two people, sorry you can't see it.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
It's a law between two people, sorry you can't see it.
Now that's opinion, but it still doesn't stop me from trying... grin wink
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Now that's opinion, but it still doesn't stop me from trying... grin wink
Yea yea.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
It doesn't matter where I live because, humanity, exceed places.tongue
Aye, indeed it does, but still, where you live will definitely affect your sense of reasoning, thus, "your environment influences you", Which influence your humanity, thus making you exceed places. grin

What if I like you? I guess we'll never know.
Well there's no harm in keeping my fingers crossed is there? grin

You've been telling me your laws on hömosexuality (which are drawn from religion/culture ) hömosexuality should be gay, now if you are not cultural or religious, why support such laws?
On the contrary, I don't support such laws, I was only speaking from the perspective of the typical nigerian man, who is religious, as he is traditional.

I don't know how you arrived at procreation, being the main reason for sex, I mean, people starting having the urge/need for sex, before they are ready to procreate, then there are people who don't want to and shouldn't procreate
Well humans are animals, and the reason why animals have sex if for procreation, our ability to think and reason, which makes us higher animals, made us see sex as something that doesn't necessarily have to do with procreation alone.

Oh! You didn't like me but think I should like you and accept your pm? Yea right.tongue
Oh my, I never said I didn't like you, did I? Nooo I doubt it, probably a misconception, so why don't you answEr the pm and see if I like you or not?. wink

Children are being forced into marriages, women are being mistreated and so many other ills that come with polygamy.
I believe your premise is based primarily, on the africa culture and religious laws. Why don't you tell me the ills of polygamy using the West as your premise.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
Yea yea.
LOL. There's no harm in trying, is there?. wink
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Aye, indeed it does, but still, where you live will definitely affect your sense of reasoning, thus, "your environment influences you", Which influence your humanity, thus making you exceed places. grin

Well there's no harm in keeping my fingers crossed is there? grin

On the contrary, I don't support such laws, I was only speaking from the perspective of the typical nigerian man, who is religious, as he is traditional.

Well humans are animals, and the reason why animals have sex if for procreation, our ability to think and reason, which makes us higher animals, made us see sex as something that doesn't necessarily have to do with procreation alone.

Oh my, I never said I didn't like you, did I? Nooo I doubt it, probably a misconception, so why don't you answEr the pm and see if I like you or not?. wink

I believe your premise is based primarily, on the africa culture and religious laws. Why don't you tell me the ills of polygamy using the West as your premise.
Yea right, like you can't choose how your society influences you.

Nah, there isn't, cross them all you want.

Hmm, now, he's not homophobic, he says.undecided

Yea well, some other animals do have sex for pleasure and animal sexuality is instinctive, so apparently, sex is a lot more than the need to procreate.

No, humans have sex because it is a basic instinct, this tells us that sex is not all about reproduction because, whether gay, bi, straight, trans, we all have this instinct, including people who can't make babies.

It doesn't matter whether you like me or not.tongue

Well, Africa practices/practiced polygamy a lot, you can't blame me. Polygamy causes a lot of imbalance as there is one unmarried man for every polygamous bride taken by some other man and since women aren't enough to go round, girls are married off early.grin

A woman is forced to share her man/role as a wife, thereby making it easy for a man to ignore one wife if he falls out with the her, instead of working things out, forcing her into mostly giving into the views of the man.

Women in polygamous marriages are mostly there to make babies and cater to the need of the man, no time to develop themselves, like a woman with a good job and life will leave it to go be second wife to one man? I must say, polygamy promotes intellectual laziness.undecided

Polygamy promotes jealousy and hatred as there is always the need to outshine the other wives and children, this can drive people to do things they ordinarily shouldn't.

As is with polygamy, the man is the one who wins, as he gets to take a wife, whenever he is no longer attracted to his first wife, probably cos childbirth has left her worn out or saggy in some places.undecided

Polygamy messes with people's emotions and well being, all these and more are why it is rightly discouraged.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
LOL. There's no harm in trying, is there?. wink
Nah there isn't smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by lepasharon(f): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
Knightngale:

I read this news with shock and grief in my heart, a gay couple have been granted custody over a baby girl cry
How can two men look after a baby GIRL shocked
I know she agreed to be a surrogate, but when she realized they were homosexuals, she changed her mind, she has a right to have a rethink when she realized that the child she carried in her womb for 9 months will live with two men who have inordinate cravings. How are we sure these pervs wont rape this child one day, sad day for humanity. Why should men be allowed to adopt female babies? shocked makes no sense.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/04/gay-couple-win-custody-battle-over.html

You people need to read the story! The baby wasn't even from her egg. She was just the host.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by crackhaus: 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
In polygamy, there is cheating and cheating anyone should be a criminal offence.
Lmao... gringrin

Let me get this straight, you believe that polygamy should be criminalized because there is cheating...and cheating should be a criminal offence?
Like seriously, this is the only reason you could come up with as to why polygamy should be criminalized.. cheesy

Pray tell, who is being cheated?

Whatever makes you think it is your right to choose how many women to marry? Duh!
Wow! Again I type WOW! grin

So in your opinion...a man has the right to fall in love with another man, and have sex with this other man, and marry this other man, and then raise a kid via surrogacy with this other man...all because it's his fundamental human right to do so.
But according to you, I don't have the same fundamental human right to marry more than one woman? cheesy

Please tell me you're starting to see the scales covering your eyes, as well as the confusion in supporting homosexuality but not polygamy. tongue

Being young can influence a person's decision on the grounds of naivety. The man can coerce the woman, her society/culture etc.
Babe, this is a null point.
I don't think women in polygamous relationships got coerced into it by anyone, unless you're basing your submission on Islam and their culture.

To add to that, any woman above 18 that is legally old enough to marry is also old enough to become 2nd or 3rd wife - I don't know why being young is suddenly brought into play when we talking about polygamy.

Of course she has the right to walk away, this is why measures should be put to ensure that everyone is treated fairly, however it goes down.
There you go, now you're vibing.

She has a right to walk away, just as a man has the right to marry two or three wives if he wishes - it don't get anymore fairer than this.

No one is hurt, and no one is forced. Get it?

Maybe if men hadn't wanted the society be so cruel to women, it wouldn't be such a big deal to have more than one husband, then again, when you love someone, you wouldn't want to share.
Lol, any woman who wants to marry more than one husband is free to...at most, people will talk and society can fvck itself.

But why aren't you women marrying two husbands yet? grin

You don't have the right to keep two women at once, you can divorce one and move on with the other, it is just left for the woman you leave, to understand she's better off without you, if you think you need another woman.
Hehehehe...surely you must now see that you really don't know the definition of fundamental rights.

How can't I have the right to keep two women who have no problem with it, but a gay dude has the right to kiss, fvck, and marry another dude and then throw it in my face? cheesycheesy

Freecocoa, are you scratching your head for answers yet? grin

Cocaine is a harmful substance, an addict shouldn't be allowed to endanger his life and that of others.
Homosexuality is a harmful practise, gays shouldn't be allowed to endanger their health by consistently fvcking each other's arseholes...and they shouldn't endanger the mental sanity of others by throwing it in their faces. Don't you agree?

Polygamy has caused a lot of bitterness for lots of people, children/women have been forced into marriages.
This is not true.

97% of all polygamous relationships happen with consenting participants. You must have been watching a lot of AfricanMagic Igbo to think girls are forced into becoming second/third wives.

The only exception is in the North, and such only happens with the uneducated rural dwellers.

Freecocoa, come on though...you really haven't tried to support your argument.
You seem to believe homosexuals have a fundamental human right to love whoever they want, but men who want to practise polygamy don't have the right to marry as many women as they want. LIKE SERIOUSLY? cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 9:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
[quote author=freecocoa post=45130840]Yea right, like you can't choose how your society influences you.[
/quote]Yea you can, when you've attained old age, but when you're little, you're easily influenced. grin

Nah, there isn't, cross them all you want.
I'll pay it gladly. wink

Hmm, now, he's not homophobic, he says.undecided
Oh I never said I was homopbobic did I?

Yea well, some other animals do have sex for pleasure and animal sexuality is instinctive, so apparently, sex is a lot more than the need to procreate.
Yea, true that, but never forget, the need answer to ones instinct when sexually arouse might still lead to procreation.

No, humans have sex because it is a basic instinct, this tells us that sex is not all about reproduction because, whether gay, bi, straight, trans, we all have this instinct, including people who can't make babies.
Of course sex isn't all about reproduction, but I'm sure you know what usually happens when we cave into our instincts.

It doesn't matter whether you like me or not.tongue
Well answer the pm, so I'll know for sure if it matters of not.

Well, Africa practices/practiced polygamy a lot, you can't blame me. Polygamy causes a lot of imbalance as there is one unmarried man for every polygamous bride taken by some other man and since women aren't enough to go round, girls are married off early.grin
Yea right... Still an interesting theory.

A woman is forced to share her man/role as a wife, thereby making it easy for a man to ignore one wife if he falls out with the her, instead of working things out, forcing her into mostly giving into the views of the man.
So its wrong for a woman yo give in to a guys views? Seriously? Lol.

Women in polygamous marriages are mostly there to make babies and cater to the need of the man, no time to develop themselves, like a woman with a good job and life will leave it to go be second wife to one man? I must say, polygamy promotes intellectual laziness.undecided
Is this according to the West? Doesn't sound west to me.

Polygamy promotes jealousy and hatred as there is always the need to outshine the other wives and children, this can drive people to do things they ordinarily shouldn't.

As is with polygamy, the man is the one who wins, as he gets to take a wife, whenever he is no longer attracted to his first wife, probably cos childbirth has left her worn out or saggy in some places.undecided

Polygamy messes with people's emotions and well being, all these and more are why it is rightly discouraged.
Wow! Didn't know marriage is about winning and loosing. grin
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Knightngale(f): 9:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
lepasharon:

You people need to read the story! The baby wasn't even from her egg. She was just the host.

who did the fetus feed on before the baby was born, who birthed her? It's her baby too undecided
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by lepasharon(f): 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
Knightngale:
who did the fetus feed on before the baby was born, who birthed her? It's her baby too undecided

LOL.. come on now ur being pathetic. The egg was from an anonymous donor. She has no genetic links to the baby whatsoever

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by TheDarknight: 2:31am On Apr 29, 2016
elektra:

She does not have the right to have a rethink about somebody else's child.
She entered a legal agreement with them and she is obligated by law and morals to carry out her part of the agreement.
You are condemning homosexuality but encouraging injustice to the gay parents. Hypocrisy .
Injustice of an inhuman law to a child's right to be raised without the right to be sexually independent?

Look for sense.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by TheDarknight: 2:48am On Apr 29, 2016
freecocoa:
It's not the same thing and quite frankly, I'm tired of going in circles trying to explain simple logic to you. How does abusing a minor and two consenting adults having sex compare? I know both are a crimes in Nigeria, I am only telling you that one shouldn't be.

Having freedom of association doesn't mean abusing a child, abusing a child, qualifies as a crime, because there is a "child" involved, a child cannot make decisions for himself, that is a sensible and just reason to criminalise child abuse. Or you going to ask me why a child shouldn't have the right to make decisions for himself too?

What is people's business with what two adults decide to do with their lives? If everybody over here will agree on the law being fair, why are we having this argument? Why are so many Nigerians gay?grin

People beat people up, of course, but it is nonetheless a crime , yet can be excused depending on circumstances.

Ain't no government going to India to tell them to quit polyandry anyways, neither do I see the US coming here to tell you not to marry more than one woman, and yes, they gave you good reason why you should let people be gay, you just don't want to see reason because you are blinded by so called religion/culture.

The law of bigamy discriminates against more than two people being in a marriage.

Oh! But that's the problem, there is no way it can be proven beyond every reasonable doubt, that consent wasn't influenced by religion/morality and I can't believe I have to reiterate this, some policies are beyond simple morality, this is one of such policies. The only way to be safe, is make a union between two people, so it is fair.

Hömosexuality is not about people's ways of lives or culture, if is about our humanity as a race.

There is a good reason, why it's not best for three people to be in a marriage.

Over time, it has been proven that monogamy is better and yes, polygamy has done a whole lot of damage, it will just be a waste of time, we arguing about it.

Freecoco, you haven't changed!!!

Hmn!!! Anyways join me to vote Mimzy for Miss Nairaland 2016

Cc cococandy tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 4:29am On Apr 29, 2016
Knightngale:

I read this news with shock and grief in my heart, a gay couple have been granted custody over a baby girl cry
How can two men look after a baby GIRL shocked
I know she agreed to be a surrogate, but when she realized they were homosexuals, she changed her mind, she has a right to have a rethink when she realized that the child she carried in her womb for 9 months will live with two men who have inordinate cravings. How are we sure these pervs wont rape this child one day, sad day for humanity. Why should men be allowed to adopt female babies? shocked makes no sense.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/04/gay-couple-win-custody-battle-over.html

Rape their own daughter your thought process is weird..... why would they do that ? because they are gay

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by elektra(f): 6:41am On Apr 29, 2016
TheDarknight:

Injustice of an inhuman law to a child's right to be raised without the right to be sexually independent?

Look for sense.

Your question is incomprehensible.

Look for an english teacher.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by luvablesam(m): 8:12am On Apr 29, 2016
Someone here said 'everyone borrows cultures form anywhere'.....interesting. How many whites have borrowed their culture from Africa?. To me,apart from the mounting of guns at d back of pickup vans adopted from Somalia in the late 80's and early 90's by almost every military world over, Nothing else has been adopted. Why must we borrow every decadent cultural behaviour the whites put up?...
People now frown against even Polygamy cos whites frown against it tooo.
Am sure some Africans will soon find zoophilia cool cos some oyinbos find it acceptable

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Man Finds Out His Daughter Is Not His Child After Taking DNA Test / Undetected Sickle Celler / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.