Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (703 Views)

Man Kneels To Propose To Gun-Wielding Lady (Photo) / Man Planned With Police To Propose To Girlfriend, What Happened Next Is Shocking / Man Used A Billboard At CMS To Propose To His Girlfriend In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Greene66: 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2016
My friend of mine called me this moments ago telling me that his girlfriend who happens to by my very good friend proposed to him and that he is not interested like that and it put him off.

Although I said I'd talk to my friend this evening when I close from work and returning home I'd branch her place.

So now I'm asking NL,

Is it right for a woman to propose to a man? Doesn't she appear desperate and cheap?

Lalasticlala will you allow a woman propose to you?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Vinshu(f): 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
It's not wrong for a female to propose. Please people stop objectifying women. We ain't robots or tools. We have brains, hearts, emotions, feelings also. So expressing that feeling or emotion doesn't make one cheap (we are not items for sale please). Also doesn't make us desperate.

So your friend is free to make her choice. She chose to express her feelings to the guy she loves. She is human too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by DonCortino: 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
Vinshu:
V
For vagina

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by DanceVille: 9:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
www.google.com

Fastest means of searching.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
No No and No....no matter the circumstance
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by midehi2(f): 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
never a bad thing but men will still see it as a taboo
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nothing is wrong in it; in fact me personally like such girls but in africa, naija precisely na societal taboo.

Well no be by force to rate ur life by society standard. Define ur life by urself. Apart from proposal sef, there are many other things that the nigerian society considers as norms but are not always true. Like;

-its a man's duty to wash cars and a woman's duty to cook

-a man must be richer than his wife or d woman is not a submissive wife just bcus she's richer

-a man can marry many wives and a woman can't marry many husbands

-a wife must always wash her man's cloth but her man must never do same

-husbands mother can come anytime without prior notice and must not see her son doing house chores when d wife is there

-all men must be rocky minded and all women must be tender hearted

-all 'only child' are pampered children

-etc

It doesn't always work like this in all homes and only a narrowminded person would believe it must always follow these patterns

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by dollyjoy(f): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
The feminists should answer that question. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by falconey(m): 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
grin
I'm here to observe

That doncortino na weyrey
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by falconey(m): 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
the guy above is right
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Greene66: 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
Vinshu:

It's not wrong for a female to propose. Please people stop objectifying women. We ain't robots or tools. We have brains, hearts, emotions, feelings also. So expressing that feeling or emotion doesn't make one cheap (we are not items for sale please). Also doesn't make us desperate.

So your friend is free to make her choice. She chose to express her feelings to the guy she loves. She is human too.

I understand your point of view. Truly, women are humans too. But the society frowns at this. Most men will see such women as push-overs.

And again, I think it's a guy thing to propose to a woman as a man marries a woman not the other way.

As for #TeamForeignGirls, something big is coming cool
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Justycxx(m): 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
space
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by marklele(m): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
it is very right. if a man that loves keeps delaying, try knowing if he has a little understanding and try to know if he loves you before making your moves. it isn't a taboo
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
Kashybaby come oooo
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Greene66: 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Nothing is wrong in it; in fact me personally like such girls but in africa, naija precisely na societal taboo.

Well no be by force to rate ur life by society standard. Define ur life by urself. Apart from proposal sef, there are many other things that the nigerian society considers as norms but are not always true. Like;

-its a man's duty to wash cars and a woman's duty to cook

-a man must be richer than his wife or d woman is not a submissive wife just bcus she's richer

-a man can marry many wives and a woman can't marry many husbands

-a wife must always wash her man's cloth but her man must never do same

-husbands mother can come anytime without prior notice and must not see her son doing house chores when d wife is there

-all men must be rocky minded and all women must be tender hearted

It doesn't always work like this in all homes and only a narrowminded person would believe it must always follow these patterns

Nice
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
We still have a long way to go angry
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Doubleagent008(m): 10:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
don't think it's wrong if the two heads correct.
BTW chief sir I think it should be " A friend of mine..." my friend of mine is just tautology.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by PureWays(m): 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
I think it's wrong...
Yes, I'm a typical African man...
Thank you.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by petux(m): 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by pennytration(m): 11:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
Na so d desperation don reach?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Ladybluecash(f): 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
Shey for naija abi obodo oyibo,, make ndibe eso chi egbu
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 27, 2016
Not wrong
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 27, 2016
Oma307:
Kashybaby come oooo

I think I wud still find it romantic if a man will propose to his girl...

Not for any reason...

(1) (Reply)

Scientifically Proven Fact: If He Leaves You For Another Woman, You'll Be Better / Here Is What To Do In A Sexless Marriage / We Sleep With Men, ‘chair Lady’ Collects The Money — Calabar Teenage Sex Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.