Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland (81971 Views)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / Why Do Most Female Secretaries Sleep With Their Bosses? / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:55am On Jun 16, 2009
@Ojurere

so u just dey share the testimony abi? Hows the new position going? wishn u all the best bros tongue
l didnt hear from you friend again.

@ronkeenuf

just be the best you can. Read up the first page, we pasted an article on the ethics of the profession, do follow it, coupled with the qualities of a good secretary. if you are a trained secretay, l believe you still rember the qualities of a secretary. Keep moving, the sky is not even ur limit grin

my job these days is more of Admin than secretary, however l have officially be made the Admin Executive.

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Renz(m): 10:14am On Jun 16, 2009
@MyPeace,

Was it my peace or urs??  grin grin LoL,

Well just to let u know i luv dose write ups, u are doing a great Job though, keep it up.

The Peace is urs Uhh??
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2009
Na my own ooo cheesy

Thanks!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Veragar(f): 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
My Peace, I really want to commend you for a job well done. It's not easy to start an intelligent and educating forum of this nature. Indeed it has served as a shelter and peace  in times of storms in the course of discharging my duties. Once more I say a big thank you. To other wonderful members of the house, I say weldone and more grease to your elbows.

I want to know if there is any difference between the role of Admin Secretary and that of a Confidential Secretary.

Thanks alot
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by marami: 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2009
onyii4j:

Hi Marami, hope u re okay . I just stumbled on this advert on , check it out;

URGENT! SECRETARY WANTED
« on: Today at 04:24:29 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fast growing company requires a smart, Experienced,hard working, self-motivated and goal oriented personnel to fill the position of a SECRETARY.

LOCATIONS: IKEJA, GBAGADA, MARYLAND, KETU, OJOTA, BARIGA

QUALIFICATION: OND, Secretarial Administration.

Experience: 2 yrs & above.

Application to be submitted to: secjobpart3@yahoo.com

Application Deadline: May 19, 2009

Pls note that only qualified candidates that meet the above requirement shall be shortlisted and contacted.

ope u re online today, so you could apply b4 the advert expires. Take care

Hi Onyi4J,

Thanks for this info. Saw it late, but will keep visiting site for new advert.

Thanks so much and God bless.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Veragar(f): 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2009
hi able secretaries/PAs, still waiting for an answer to the difference between the of confidential secretary and Administrative Secretary.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2009
Veragar:

hi able secretaries/PAs, still waiting for an answer to the difference between the of confidential secretary and Administrative Secretary.

Same secretarial function.  The only difference to me  is that a confidential Sec is mostly attached to a Snr boss, sometimes can be called the PA.  As the name implies, the level of information available to you is more to that of an Admin Sec (in an organised coy though). Admin Sec is a Pool Secretary attached to the the Admin Dept, though u still get a boss, but a general sec in that dept to attend to their secretarial needs.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2009
Hi all we are all in this position together
Am in desperate need of a job- my company is relocating to another
state and i cant go with them because i am married.
Please if there is any vacancy in a good place let me know

Thanks
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 07, 2009
And who say his peace isnt doin a great deal here! Thumbs up dude.
U've helped someone attain another level in his/field just that u cant see it. cool
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by uteh: 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hi all, okay I have decided to stay on the job for now. But I need some advise. Is there any programme I can attend to boost my career? I am yet to collect my degree result and the way things are going it might not be ready soon. So am looking for any programme I can enrol in which will also advance my job prospects.

I wrote the first stage of the insurance professional exam, I did it not because I was really keen on it, but just sometthing to do (besides, the company refunds the cost incurred for the exam). And now I dont feel like continuing, I feel like doing something else. Cos sometimes I sit idle in the office (like now), when my boss goes off on Board meetings., I feel I should make use of the time, doing a programme instead of idling away. I hope to start scouting for another job by early next year, by which time I would have resumed from maternity leave (cos am pregnant now)

So I will appreciate advice on a good progamme to enrol for.

Thanks all.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by pinkylady1(f): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2009
hi, im new here. and i'l have to say this thread has really been educative.

where is my peace nd co plz u all should not abandone this thread oh sad
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Airller(f): 3:05am On Aug 13, 2009
hello
pls i am new tothe room.am currently in school unilag studying maths.dli asin sat and sun classes.i also i have a daughter to cater for and i am in need of a secretry or receptionist job badly .i wud appreciate any help pls.my number is 07033177615 or mail me senioirtalovely@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Codie(f): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2009
Pls I'm new. just completed My NYSC and in need of a job as a Confidential Secretary or a PA. pls can anyone kindly help me? Thanks.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Codie(f): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2009
Pls. I'm new. I would like to know how to get a job as a Confidential secretary or a PA. I just completed My NYSC. Thanks.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2009
Hi all,

I would appreciate it if anybody can notify me of any vacancy for Secretaries in Oyo State (Ibadan to be precise). My family is in Ibadan and I would not like to be too far from them. I need a job urgently. Thanks.

BE YOUR SISTER'S KEEPER.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teetee2(f): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2009
Hi Peace, i need your advice or contribution. What are the benefits one needs to enjoy as a PA to an ED of a company. I have been working with this org for the past 14yrs (include 2 years of merger), did a degree in accounting and presently doing my MBA with an expectation to be converted but the mgt prefers me as a secretary/PA. I'm getting bored everyday with the job. I always close late still there is no benefit to enjoy, when promotion comes, nothing. I'm thinking of resignation, after that, what next because of this melt-down, one needs to be carefurl. Hi people, what do you think
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Jemmie: 11:19am On Aug 19, 2009
Hi House,

I really like this topic. Its interesting, educative and motivating.

I am an accountant and Marketer by profession but ended up in a secretarial job. At first I liked it. In my former job, my boss attempted to have an affair with me but I declined. He was furious about this but did not know what to do with me.

At a time he asked me to travel with him (he had a secetary while I was the admin officer but did secreatrial work too) to pursue a project. He said the secretary was a church goer and would not fit for the occassion because she was always asking for time off to attend church services (mfm). On this faithful day we travelled down to the place and we lodged in an hotel, hoping he would get me a room seperately, he requested for a suit. I was frightened though but i told myself I would not allow him. During dinner, I asked why he got a room for both of us, he laughed and asked if I was afraid he might sleep with me. I said No and Yes; Yes because he had asked me out before and No because I wanted to trust him as I had taken him as an uncle despite that he was my boss. He told me not to worry.

While we were asleep; I couldnt sleep I prayed for morning to come on time, he began to tourch me and I pleaded with. I did not heed to his request and left the bed to the chair which he forbade me earlier. He was upset with me and was always shouting at me.

Then another trip came, he asked me to still go with him I asked if he was going to ask me to sleep with him again, he said no. I went with him and to my surprise he had a girlfriend in that area whom he called to join us. Imagine, he kept us three in thesame room. I chose the chair while they slept in the bed. The chair was awful but i had no choice. Whateva happened was their problem.

However, afterwards he did not say anything about it again only tease me that I was not good enough was why I did not go with him. Always no response cos i did not want him to bring up the issue again. I noticed that he respected me the more. he seeks my opinion in some matters in the office and even talk to me about his family. He further entrusted his mother's business into my hands which I handled very well and he commented and appreciated me for it.

At a point he started dating a junior staff and I warned him about but always he would at me. I had to leave the company because I wanted to go NYSC. He pleaded with me not go and started recalling how good I had been to him and his businesses in general.

After service and haven worked in various company, I joined a big organization to work as admin assist. My boss was something else. There was nothing I did that he appreciated and friends began to ask whether he asked me out and I refused. They wanted to know whether he said it or used some body language and I said if he said it, I did not hear it and if used any body language I did not notice. They said male bosses like to date their secs and hate them if they refuse. At a time he reminded me that he made me get the job but could make me loose it as well. At that point I wanted to resign but my friends pleaded saying I should be patient. Am not bragging but I was better than my colleagues, they call me to help them out in some work which I always gladly take up. There was a time he sent a mail to HR saying all sorts of bad things about me; not knowing my job, not performing, etc. Fortunately for me he was frustrated by his own boss and resigned. what a relief.

Then came another and another. Now the boss I have works 24/7. He doesnt see my need for a improvement; seminars, workshops, etc.

Why do some bosses like to see us secs as nothing. Most especially when they can use computer packages as we would. Sometimes, my boss would take sides students, staff and visitors not listening to your own side of the story and when he does he would have made a conclusion on the matter with the 1st hearing.

Now I want to leave the job for a more challenging one. I am tired of the job. I have been on this one now for 5 consecutive years. And now its boring.

Theres a saying that once you do not derive pleasure in what u do, better u make a reverse. I understand a in the previous discuss that one should not leave ones job but at times you get so fed up all you want to do leave even if it means to stay home idle.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by olugbenga4(m): 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2009
It is my pleasure to discover this forum, may God bless all of us, our just is not easy but with proper following of protocol and rules sure one can make it.

I will like all of us to take a glance at the PROFESSIONAL BODY OF OURS

International Association of Administrative Professionals

http://www.iaap-hq.org
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 11:45am On Aug 21, 2009
@Mypeace am so sorry am just sharing the testimony but you know i always keep information open as possible. Nevertheless the new role is very challenging at present am in Port-Harcourt developing the market for my company.

I would not mind if anyone can help with leads to buy property in PH. I need to deliver almost 1,200 houses for sale btw now and the end of the year. Fellow comrades i need help.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Regards
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2009
@olugbenga4 how do we become a member of IAAP? Are you already a member? Can one pay through you? I need your response ASAP
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by olugbenga4(m): 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2009
BBB
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by olugbenga4(m): 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2009
VVV
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by olugbenga4(m): 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2009
Hi Taiwo

i have write you concerned our last discussion on phone through your mail add, so check it out and come back to me.

Take care
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by olugbenga4(m): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
Taiwo, are u not the owner of this mail.

taiwofunbi@yahoo.com

because that is where i sent the details about our discussion on IAAP.

GOOD DAY
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by FunmyKemmy(f): 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2009
I need information about this IAAP too. Mail to ayokemi2003@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:24am On Aug 25, 2009
olugbenga4

This is a good one. l remember when l wrote my school project on "The Secretary - The Changing Trend in The Organizational Role " l got good information and articles from them. l never knew its easy to become a member. l wont mind knowing the steps, provided am dealing with them direct.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:44am On Aug 25, 2009
l have registered online, but how will the payment be made directly to them. The only benefit after payment shd be the monthly magazine. Writing the CSP and CAP certification exams will be the best. Gbenga lets know how to go about these, membership without writing those exams is not worth it. Am supposed to pay 93dollars.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by pinkylady1(f): 9:45am On Aug 25, 2009
Peace where hv you been, guess itz work.

we really miss you here oh
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2009
pinky lady:

Peace where hv you been, guess itz work.

we really miss you here oh

Thx dear, l hv bn on and off. must confess hvnt been committed to the forum.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 11:05am On Aug 25, 2009
Fellow colleagues,

I have carefully read the recent trends on IAAP but am also getting the necessary information from IAAP and like MYpeace said, the payment we should try and make it straight to IAAP rather than going through anyone.

I assume IAAP should have registered members in Nigeria and they can put us all through to get registered. Anyone with better understanding we shall appreciate it.

Regards
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2009
Hi My Peace,

How did you arrive at $93.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.