Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,427 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Moi Moi The Silent Killer - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Moi Moi The Silent Killer (86563 Views)

Renal Failure: A Silent Killer / Hypertension: The Silent Killer / Audu Ogbeh: Stop Eating Moi-Moi Made In Cellophane. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Youngzedd(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
planetx:
If you go by the amount of foods that medical experts said not to eat because of the risk of one disease or another you will be eating green leafs like a goat for the rest of your life.

Meat because of cancer, rice because of diabetes, eggs high cholesterol, fish is contaminated with mercury, poultry because of high blood pressure and on and on it goes.

As long as eat everything in moderation and live a physically active life, you should be ok.

I thought Adam and Eve ate only vegetables and they survived.

I also heard there are monks that eats only vegetables and they are alive.
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by lanxlot(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Which kind yeye title be that? Moi moi d silent killer. Moi moi de kill Make u no jux take am joke with me o

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by ireneony(f): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
I dislike moi moi with passion.
#myworst food
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Dollyak(f): 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
dadee007:

Yes, tin can be used if it is made specially for that purpose like the tins made to make cakes etc. But if it is a disused tin like the one you removed sardines from etc, those actually have the walls coated with BPA or Epoxy resin which is what you are trying to avoid in the first place.
Really good information. I absolutely agree with your post

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
scholes0:
na lie jor .... Iro funfun (white lie)
Even in the west, there are hot fast foods served or microwaved in plastic containers.
yes in the west the hot fast foods in plastic containers you are supposed to pour the food into a plate before heating besides the plastic containers are Graded it has a number written on the bottom end indicating the grade of the bottle.

2 Likes

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by khalhokage(m): 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
Let cancer come o, but it'll be taking moi-moi from my cold dead hands. After all it's in the Bible, Thou shall not separate a man from his moi-moi.
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by spartanobad(m): 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
For me to stop eating LEAF MOI MOI

NO WAY..!!!!!!!!!
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by menxer: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
Blessed are they that abstain from fast food, for then shall they delay the fast approach of the grave via culinary. (menxer 9:9) grin

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
The only thing I got from this write-up:

moi moi = beans puddling cheesy
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by prinsam30: 7:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
You've transformed from a liar to a lion.

I have a degree in biology from Ohio state university.

So, plastic bags causes cancer ??

The Nigerian government should invest heavily on education.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

guy abeg no kill person with lafffff here oooo
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by stolenstone: 7:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
For the doubting thomases why not go the extra mile and Google Bisphenol-A and enlighten yourselves! This shiiiit is real! I'm scared, not only moi moi, other plastic or PET containers, even can drinks, can foods, C-Way water dispenser bottles, everything plastic has got bisphenol-A used in making it or coating the inner lining! The major question is how safe are the levels seen in our plastic bottles? There's been links of bisphenol-A causing blood cancer (leukemia) and testicular cancers in laboratory rats! Lord have mercy!!!

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Phonon: 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
Story for the gods. We live in a country where nothing works and we are still surviving. Na moi moi go come kill me.Where's my gari sef?
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Mediapace: 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
5 hrs to go,28 don clock tongue
ireneony:
#myworst food
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by planetx: 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
Youngzedd:

I thought Adam and Eve ate only vegetables and they survived.

I also heard there are monks that eats only vegetables and they are alive.
Where does it say in the bible that Adam and Eve only eat vegetables?
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by BuyNaija: 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
Presbulg:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

Not moi moi

Modified : Lol... Just discovered it was the 'nylon' being used that's cancerous and not the moi moi itself

Actually tastes better when prepared with leaves tho.

Thanks for this
Young people of nowadays do not read, Thanks for the clarification. Plastics abroad are BPA free.here, no one cares
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by opey112(m): 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
sukkot:
oh shytttt shocked

that olele in the leaf make sense with eko undecided
Leave one is the best.
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by BuyNaija: 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
khalhokage:
Let cancer come o, but it'll be taking moi-moi from my cold dead hands.
After all it's in the Bible, Thou shall not separate a man from his moi-moi.

MoiMoi in plastics or nylon . MoiMoi in leaves is very good

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by prinsam30: 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
bobkezel:
Op, u ar wrong. Plastics only emit those chemicals when they are dry-heated. When they are heated in water(wet heating), they don't emit those chemicals cos water inhibits the emission. Have you ever poured water inside a nylon bag and try to heat it on naked flames? You will be suprised that the water will boil without the nylon bag melting. So mr op, get your info straight before you post it here or elsewhere.

chai this guy make me remember those days wey I dey tear chemistry like mad, ur in point jare
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by BuyNaija: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
mashnino:
Somethibg newly learnt.

I think this same rule goes for plastic bottled water et al

Yes, but if left under sunlight
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by prinsam30: 7:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
planetx:
If you go by the amount of foods that medical experts said not to eat because of the risk of one disease or another you will be eating green leafs like a goat for the rest of your life.

Meat because of cancer, rice because of diabetes, eggs high cholesterol, fish is contaminated with mercury, poultry because of high blood pressure and on and on it goes.

As long as you eat everything in moderation and live a physically active life, you should be ok.

you av really hit the nail on the head jare
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by nduchucks: 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
You people should leave moi moi alone o.

Air pollution, accidents due to bad roads, robbery, micro wave, and other issues cause more deaths than eating moi moi.

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Youngzedd(m): 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
planetx:
Where does it say in the bible that Adam and Eve only eat vegetables?

They were dummies and an idea of making fire haven't entered their head.

Are you trying to tell me Eve cooked in the garden of edem?
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
Plenty of means to an end. If cancer is the avenue to the inevitable meet with my creator then I see nothing wrong. If I can find a way to prevent it I would but wouldn't fold my hands to never indulge myself a little fom time to time in the aim to live a few years longer.
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by BuyNaija: 7:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
nduchucks:
You people should leave moi moi alone o.

Air pollution, accidents due to bad roads, robbery, micro wave, and other issues cause more deaths than eating moi moi.

Did you read the article?

Moi moi in leaves or pan is just fine, Moimoi in plastics is the problem

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by dadee007(m): 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
Very Bad
Martins301:
Hmmmmm......

After cooking my first ever moi-moi dish just yesterday here, I log onto nairaland only to see this. Na so una take dey give people heart attack o.

BTW is using nylon also bad? Na im I use o sad
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
prinsam30:

very very serious my guy, it is when you start believing in those bulshit, you'll start get fvcked up with them.

I don't fvcking believe in them, cos av been eating moi moi with peakmilk container and nylon for the past 27yrs now and I'm still waxing stronger
my guy you have been or still waxing stronger you claim? don't be ignorant most people who had cancer or other illnesses like HIV never knew they had it until it spreads and became too late to cure. i am sure they also thought they were waxing stronger. how could you tell without a test at the clinic? you will be surprised and petrified at what you will find when you get tested.

i guess you can choose to be in denial and keep believing in your instinct. (waxing stronger)

3 Likes

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
Chaii...

1 Share

Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by Johneyhaz: 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2016
ireneony:
#myworst food
undecided are you serious...give me moi moi and i will always be your maga
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by BossDanniee(m): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
Moi-Moi of life!
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by olaide92(m): 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
You've transformed from a liar to a lion.

I have a degree in biology from Ohio state university.

So, plastic bags causes cancer ??

The Nigerian government should invest heavily on education.

u need to read more
Re: Moi Moi The Silent Killer by prinsam30: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
gypsey:
my guy you have been or still waxing stronger you claim? don't be ignorant most people who had cancer or other illnesses like HIV never knew they had it until it spreads and became too late to cure. i am sure they also thought they were waxing stronger. how could you tell without a test at the clinic? you will be surprised and petrified at what you will find when you get tested.

i guess you can choose to be in denial and keep believing in your instinct. (waxing stronger)

that's ur problem, av made my point so stop wailing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Laila Abubakar Ali Dies Of Coronavirus In USA / Coronavirus: Prostitute Wears Face Mask (video) / A Kidney Now Costs $262,000; Heart, $119,000, UN Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.