Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) (6103 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Read For Free: Blood On The Altar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
Tummyyoung, Nancywealth, kingDELE, repogirl, PrettySpicey, Blessinzy, Flakkydagirl, Nancydearie, ellahzy, Smallville10, saraphina,repogirl, Nancydearie, ritababe, obianuju95, nekanzee, osman1996, nancywealth, aprilwise, missmossy, mubzay, morsadh, nabla, shakyroh320, jblake, supersuave, poik, maoolakanm, oluplus, goodyj, uncjay, idyraph, mojysiola, itsawrappp, mhiz, kinmayor, phintohlar, odunsco01, mynd44, teeghurl, obiwann, mrsheddy, omotayo9177, dave16, jerrythafinisher, priestcharm, jolay554, niwdog, tolababa, morsadh, tori46, Fortunate32, ka52y, hermanie, analysiscorner, veraisbae, Nostradamus, flippycbk, aishat39
Hi friends, here I come again o. I will like to appreciate your time and commitment while posting BLOOD ON THE ALTAR.

I will be posting a very short Novel after a while now- THE FATE THAT NEVER WAS.(just short 12 chapters).

The story is a young adult fiction meant to educate in it's little way.

Though, this is just a part of a much larger series, but this part one is a didactic story on its own.

Kindly help quote and tag others to follow along.

Comments are appreciated

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by Ashiat39(f): 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
Okey, bring it coming...

1 Like

Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by ritababe(f): 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
we are waiting

1 Like

Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
Present sir, cool keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
Thanks. Story starts tomorrow.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by kingDELE(m): 9:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
oludare007:
Hi friends, here I come again o. I will like to appreciate your time and commitment while posting BLOOD ON THE ALTAR.

I will be posting a very short Novel after a while now- THE FATE THAT NEVER WAS.(just short 12 chapters).

Though, this is just a part of a much larger series, but this part one is a didactic story on its own.

Comments are appreciated

Thank you.

make i find space sit down first
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 1:21am On Apr 29, 2016
Tummyyoung, Nancywealth, kingDELE, repogirl, PrettySpicey, Blessinzy, Flakkydagirl, Nancydearie, ellahzy, Smallville10, saraphina,repogirl, Nancydearie, ritababe, obianuju95, nekanzee, osman1996, nancywealth, aprilwise, missmossy, mubzay, morsadh, nabla, shakyroh320, jblake, supersuave, poik, maoolakanm, oluplus, goodyj, uncjay, idyraph, mojysiola, itsawrappp, mhiz, kinmayor, phintohlar, odunsco01, mynd44, teeghurl, obiwann, mrsheddy, omotayo9177, dave16, jerrythafinisher, priestcharm, jolay554, niwdog, tolababa, morsadh, tori46, Fortunate32, ka52y, hermanie, analysiscorner, veraisbae, Nostradamus, flippycbk, aishat39

CHAPTER 1

Emeka’s eyes was like a brimstone- they owed that to the many rounds of beer the holder of the eyes has consumed. He did not seemed to worry him a bit, but it worried his friend, Ade, who sat beside him, trying to make him stop, after many bottles- twelve, to be precise.

“I think you should stop here.” Ade pleaded. “Please.”

Emeka looked at his friend without a word, but his eyes pierced Ade’s soul. He tried to raise his hand as a signal for another drink, but, Ade quickly stopped it midair and brought it back on the table with an angry slam that sent the empty green bottles rolling on the table.

Ade, just realizing that he would be breaking some of the bottles, tried to stop the ones that were trying to find their way to the floor of the drinking area, but he only has two hands and could only hold two in his hands. The sound of broken bottles drew all eyes to their position.

“You do realize you will pay for that, right?” Emeka finally found his voice.

Ade balanced the two bottles on the table and his eyes were quick to caught Emeka’s hand as they were coming down. It was no rocket science, he already signaled for another drink.

“You’re not going to have that drink while I am still here, Emeka!” Ade got angry.

“And who’s going to stop me?” Emeka asked.

“I told you, Emeka, you are not going to have that… hey, hey…!” Ade cut himself short and sprang from his seat. He stopped the barman midway. “Who has these drinks?” He asked the barman.

The barman scoffed and answered him reluctantly, “your friend of course.”

“Which one?”

“What kind of question is this? The same one who broke the bottles over there. You were talking to him just now.” The barman replied.

“So, after you had bottled him down to thirteen…”

“Twelve.”

“What?” Ade asked.

“Twelve bottles, not thirteen.”

“And now, you’re going to add another four?” Ade asked as his eyes bulged at the fresh green bottles, sweating profusely in the basket the barman was holding.”

The barman shrugged and said it was his choice, not his. Ade begged him to let him take his friend home, but the barman asked if he was the one paying.

“My friend, over there,” Ade pointed to Emeka, “has a problem- a problem that he wouldn’t solve even if he drank himself to death.”

The barman said it was not his problem. And before they could continue, Emeka was right behind them.

“What is the problem here?” He asked as he balanced himself with the steel column at Ade’s back.

The barman explained to Emeka, who only smiled.

“Did you realize that he broke some bottles back there?” Emeka asked the barman who said he thought it was Emeka who broke them.

Emeka said it wasn’t him and he is not going to pay for it.

“Well, then, I have to collect the money for the bottle or the manger will have to deduct my salary. And that will never happen” The barman stretched his palm to Ade who looked at Emeka.

Ade whispered to Emeka, “You know I have no money on me here. Why are you doing this?”

Emeka chuckled and said to the barman, “You heard him?”

The Barman shook his head with a large frown.

“Well, Emeka began, “he said he’s not going to pay a dime!”

“What…? Emeka, why did you….See,” Ade turned to the barman, “he’s my friend, and he will pay you, okay? He’s just joking.”

The barman looked at Emeka who shook his head.

“Listen, I will have to be a little bit rough with you, my friend. Your phone will be held until you pay back that money!” The barman coldly told Ade and summoned the security, who appeared bored and suddenly excited that he was going to beat someone for the day’s entertainment.

Ade began to sweat. “See, I will talk to him, I will get you your money.”

After Emeka was satisfied with the humiliation he gave his friend, he finally agreed to pay for the broken bottles, only if Ade is bounced out of the tavern. Ade couldn’t believe himself, but he was glad.

“Mr.,” The barman started, “I know you look like a gentlemen, I will ask…”

“No need for that, I will leave.” Ade said. He turned to his friend, “I want you to know that if you destroy yourself because of a lady, you do not have anyone to blame about that. It is on you!” He finished and started walking out of the plank- the name popular tavern.

Emeka scoffed and made to return to his seat, but he slipped and fell on a nearby table, full of empty bottles. The barman did helped him up, but not without first chuckling at the foolish man.

“You have broken more bottles, Sir.” The Barman said. I hope you…”

“How many?” Emeka asked as he was guided to his seat.

“The barman looked back and scooped in a figure, “Ten, I guess.” HE said and hoped Emeka wouldn’t see it was only three.

“How much?”

“One thousand, five hundred naira.” He said and Emeka said it’s okay, he will pay.

The barman clenched his teeth in regret and hoped he had said the figure was twenty. Nevertheless, as he guided Emeka to his table, he deliberately placed the bottles at the edge of his table and hoped he broke more of them!

END OF CHAPTER 1
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
cool
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 10:36am On May 01, 2016
chapter 2
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 10:44am On May 01, 2016
CHAPTER 2

Blessing looked out of the window as she sat on her bed that was also by the window. Her stare was firm and long, but she was not looking at the anything in particular. Her mind was long gone in thought and worry; she has refused to touch her food and this worried her friend, Bukky, who sat beside her all day, watching her cry at intervals.

Blessing held up her phone to her face again and appeared to be dialing a number. After a while, as Bukky had expected, Blessing started to cry again. Bukky was now getting impatient.

“He refused to pick my call again. This is the third day, Bukky, what have I done to deserve this?” Blessing asked her friend amidst more tears.

Bukky wasn’t ready to comfort her anymore. She had tried to make her eat, make her take her bath and make her stop starring at the widow, all to no avail. Bukky hissed and looked away.

“I know you have tried,” Blessing continued, “but if Ade had treated you this way, I would have stayed by you…”

“What else do you want me to do?” Bukky asked, slightly angry. “Your boyfriend texted you that it was over, refused to pick your calls and almost got my boyfriend beaten at the plank when he tried to talk to him.”

“He what?” Blessing suddenly got interested.

“Listen, I shouldn’t have told you this but Ade asked not to compound your issues. He said that your boyfriend walked him away from the plank, two days ago when he tried to talk to him. He said he was dead drunk too and…”

The sound of Blessing’s phone that dropped on the ceramic floor of her hostel room cut through Bukky’s speech. Realizing that Blessing was lying back down on her bed, she believed she has fainted. Bukky rushed to her side and shook her frantically. Blessing responded with a high pitched scream before settling for proper crying. Bukky was relieved but annoyed.

“What is the meaning of this?” Bukky asked as she helped her friend to her butt.

“What did Emeka say I did that warranted this actions against me?”

“He never told Ade you did anything. I think it was a personal problem. Maybe he didn’t want to bother you with it.” Bukky said.

Blessing chose to believe what his friend said- partly because it reduced the burden of her thinking she had offended Emeka, her boyfriend, and partly because she didn’t want to believe that his boyfriend was leaving her.

“Did your boyfriend say exactly what the problem was?”

“You mean, Ade?” Bukky asked and Blessing nodded. “No, he didn’t. He only said Emeka said it was a personal problem.” She lied.

“But, he should have picked my call.” Blessing said. She started to reassemble her dissembled phone.

“Why don’t you just send a text?”

Blessing said she had sent hundreds of text messages. She tried the number again and it was just ringing out. Bukky has had enough, she said she would no longer miss the lectures by staying with her- she already missed two.

“Don’t worry about me. If I didn’t see my love, I am not going to the lecture room.” Blessing said.

“Are you okay?” Bukky couldn’t believe her ears. “May I remind you that both Emeka and Ade are in their final level? We are just at the second level and…”

“Go!” Blessing insisted.

“You need to think this through. Making a rash decision may hurt you for life.”

“I know.” She replied, nonchalantly.
Her phone rang and she was half excited. “He called back.” She whispered to Bukky as she picked the call.

“My love, why…” She was suddenly silent. But it was apparent by her countenance that she wasn’t listening to a pleasantries from the caller.

Bukky, having seen that there was a relief, gestured to leave. With her left hand, Blessing asked her to go, while holding the phone with the right.

“Is everything okay?” Bukky bent down to ask in a whisper, noticing the blanket of frown on her friend’s forehead.

Blessing nodded and Bukky stood up to leave. She had nearly gotten hold of the door latch when a crashing sound visited her ears- she turned around to face her friend just in time for her feet to stop the phone battery that was screeching to a stop. The pieces of Blessing’s phone graced the whole floor- all in different direction. Blessing covered her head with her bed sheet and sobbed uncontrollably.

Bukky checked her time by her wrist watch- lecture was in fifteen minutes, she could no longer help her friend. She left.

END OF CHAPTER 2
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by Ashiat39(f): 2:39pm On May 01, 2016
Wow! Update at last. I'm really enjoying this story ooo. Cnt wait for next update
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 7:05pm On May 01, 2016
Ashiat39:
Wow! Update at last. I'm really enjoying this story ooo. Cnt wait for next update
thanks ma'am. I'm trying to keep up.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by nekanzee(m): 10:04am On May 02, 2016
thank goodness I Don land
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 7:03pm On May 02, 2016
nekanzee:
thank goodness I Don land
you're welcome.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 8:56am On May 04, 2016
chapter 3
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 8:57am On May 04, 2016
CHAPTER 3

Emeka’s eyes were swollen, red and like a brimstone, but this time, it wasn’t due to smoking or drinking, he has been crying his eyes out. If there were any begging position, he had already been there. But now, he prostrated on the floor, still begging Hannah to forgive him.

He has been begging for two days now, but Hannah had insisted that it was over. Something Emeka couldn’t take himself to bear. The first time Hannah said that, he almost drank himself to death. Even his friend, Ade, was unable to rescue him from the plank.

“You got to understand, please!” He kept repeating the verse like it mattered to Hannah, who was apparently not worried about the break up.

“Oh, I understood you the first time you explained, but you didn’t understand my own point, did you?” Hannah asked without looking at his wet face. She sat comfortably on the plastic chair with legs crossed, filing her nails that doesn’t need filing.

“Blessing is not more a problem, I promise you.” Emeka pleaded again.

“See, Emeka, when you approached me for a relationship, six months ago, I told you I can’t be with you unless you do away with… with that wretched girl! Everybody knows her background with her holier-than-thou attitude, just because her parents were pastors. She is poor, her parents are poor, and she is even a squatter because last time we heard, Bukky was the one paying for the hostel and she had never contributed a dime!”

“I swear, if you forgive me this time, I will never go back to her.”

“Yeah, heaven will come if I believe you this time. You know,” she stopped filing her nails, uncrossed her legs and bent from her chair to face Emeka, “the last time, she thanked you for being gentle with her while taking her virginity. This time, she missed you and will love to sleep over at your place. You know, I could only thank my stars that I had your phone with me on these two occasions, otherwise, you would have fooled me twice!"

“This time, I swear, it is over!” Emeka held onto Hannah’s legs.

Hannah yanked herself from him and walked to the window. “The worst part is, that wretched Blessing would have been bragging about you being hers, when I was bragging that you dumped her for me. Being in the same class with that wretched girl is shameful enough!”

“I am begging you. I cannot do without you, I swear!” Emeka sniffed and cried without leaving his position.

“The only way I can redeem my glowing image is to let everyone know that I dumbed you!”

Emeka assumed a kneeling position and walked on his knees to where Hannah was standing, he held on her skirt. “I don’t care if you told everyone that you dumbed me, but I am going to have nothing to do with Blessing anymore!”

“And how does that solve this whole issue?” Hannah turned to him.

“You know, I have just three months left in this university before my final papers, after which we can be together again.”

Hannah refused, and Emeka begged on.

“How is she?” Ade asked as he came into the hostel room.

“Still the same thing.” Bukky, who sat by a shivering Blessing answered Ade.

“That’s bad.” Ade said. “No improvement?”

“If you meant ‘after you left’, then, no.” Bukky replied.

Ade came forward to feel Blessing’s forehead. He quickly removed his hand. “Jesus! She burning up! Shouldn’t we take her to the school clinic?”

“She refused.”

“I don’t think she has much of a choice.” Ade said and moved towards Blessing’s bed, raised her arm and dropped it like a referee during a wrestling match. “She looks dead.”

Bukky scoffed. “She’s not dead.” She said and padded Blessing’s forehead with a wet towel.

“I am not dead.” Blessing said without opening her eyes. “Just get me my Emeka.”

“Is that what this is?” Ade was surprised.

“Yes, just get me Emeka and I will be fine.”

“I told you.” Bukky said.

“But I don’t know where he is?” Ade lied.

“You’re his friend, just help us find him.” Bukky shouted.

“Alright, alright, I will try and do that.” Ade replied uneasily. He started to think. Emeka doesn’t wants to be found, but it is looking as though he has no choice.

“Ade!” Bukky shouted his name.

“What? Why shouting my name? I am right here!”

“No, you were not. I called you three times.”

“You did?”

“Yes, she did.” Blessing replied to Ade’s question.

“What were you thinking? Did you know where your friend is?” Bukky asked Ade who denied.

Blessing sat up. “Ade, please.”

“What is the problem with you girls, huh? I told you I will look for him, okay? Take care of yourselves.” He said and both girls watched him leave.

END OF CHAPTER 3
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by nekanzee(m): 10:26am On May 04, 2016
se love na by force abeg just kill your self(hell) and you see that hannah taking emeka in her arms. thanks for the update. More
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by Nancywealth(f): 7:45pm On May 04, 2016
blessing don enter one chance love
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 6:29pm On May 07, 2016
chapter 4
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 6:35pm On May 07, 2016
CHAPTER 4

Emeka sat with eyes swollen- he sniffed like a child whose chance to play had been denied or whose candy has been stolen. His handkerchief was wet due to frequent wiping of a teary eyes and his stomach didn’t remind him that he hasn’t eaten for a whole day. He had managed to bathe and had his teeth brushed, but he was still with the cloth that was on him since he arrived at Hannah’s place, three days ago. And every night, against his fervent pleading, Hannah had always left him at home every night to come back the next morning.

Hannah was indifferent to his plight, she sat behind a big fat plate of food and ate on like her life depended on it. Occasionally, she threw glances at the sulking man, but no matter how she tried, she didn’t feel any pity for her. She never liked him- as a matter of fact, she never liked anyone. As a spoilt brat from a rich father who always travel around the world like the wind, she is either into a man, either for more money or sex. She wasn’t worried about this, not when she had no mother-figure to guide her since her mother left her Dad when she was four years old.

Now that things just got worse, Emeka was left alone at a corner of the room to grieve. Hannah already told her that she has another man- much older and a political thug who wouldn’t hesitate to beat anyone he perceived as a rival. Hannah had warned Emeka to let go, but it was almost impossible for him to accept. When he broke down after the news and secluded himself at a corner, Hannah had let him grieve and maybe, he will get over it.

“I am not leaving.” Emeka announced after hours of consulting with himself.

Hannah’s heavy silver spoon fell with a bang as it hit the ceramic plate, she couldn’t believe she heard right. “You say?”

“You heard me!” Emeka shouted. “I am not going anywhere! I love you!”

“And I don’t! How many times do I have to reiterate that fact to your deaf ears?”

“It won’t matter, Hannah. It won’t!” Emeka went on his knees and started begging again.

Hannah was furious. She couldn’t not fathom why a grown up man will be acting that weird. She had never been attached to a man in her life and whenever she was done with them, it always looked like she did them a favour whenever she asked them to stop contacting him. Not many of the men ever asked ‘why’, and those who did ask, were not really interested to know ‘why’. She knew she had no feelings for Emeka- she only wanted a night stand because he was handsome. And when they did went once, she loved it and wanted more- only for Emeka to start getting attached unnecessarily. She had never envisaged it would get as messy as it appeared.

“I love you!” Emeka sobbed. “Don’t leave me!”

Hannah stood by the window and wondered what else could be done. At a point, she thought of the police, but thought against it- it appeared too extreme. Maybe I could accept his initial proposal of being together after he graduates, she thought of just anything to yank herself free from this maniac. Even if he had stayed for a week, she wouldn’t have bothered, but for her new sugar daddy, who was in truth, a political thug, she feared that Emeka might be hurt. Emeka being hurt was never her headache, but it would be on her, since he was her visitor. She doesn’t want that conscience on her poor soul.

As she was about to turn away from the window to tell Emeka her decision, she saw an opportunity as three recognized figures alight from a taxi right in front of her hostel gate. She immediately excused herself from Emeka, promising to find a solution as soon as she gets back. She ran like a mad woman down the stairs and banged her fist on Rucks’s door. Rucks came out and Hannah whispered something into Rucks’s ears. Rucks didn’t ask questions, she agreed to do as Hannah has instructed.

Rucks is a randy student living at the ground floor of the same hostel with Hannah. She shared a three bedroom flat with two other students- Sarah and Mary. Apart from Hannah, who wasn’t into direct prostitution, Rucks, Mary and Sarah never denied their profession. Even as a student, the three lived a life of luxury.
Hannah ran back upstairs to her flat (She alone lived in a three bedroom flat) and slammed the door with her back. She smiled.

“I think I may have found a solution.” She said.
“I will do anything.” Emeka said.

“Of course, you will.” Hannah smiled back as she placed her hand on Emeka’s cheek. “You once told me that no one knows my place, not even your friend, Ade, right?” She asked and Emeka said no one knows.

“Can you swear that that was the truth? Because if it happened that you just lied to me again, that will be the end. Do you agree?”

Emeka agreed and said he will swear. Even though his heart pounds for the lie he was telling- Ade knows her place, but he was hoping he would warn him not to ever show up. He wanted Hannah and he was ready to lie to God’s face. Hannah said he should swear with a bible, but they couldn’t find one. So, Emeka opened the bible application on his phone and swore with it.

Hannah smiled.

End of chapter 4
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by nekanzee(m): 7:55pm On May 07, 2016
mtchew yeye child(emeka) pig brain dont worry when she is satisfied with her prostitution career she will consider you ODE okunrin.
more update pls
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 8:21am On May 08, 2016
nekanzee:
mtchew yeye child(emeka) pig brain dont worry when she is satisfied with her prostitution career she will consider you ODE okunrin.
more update pls
thanks for following closely
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by phintohlar(f): 11:03am On May 09, 2016
oludare007:

Comments are appreciated

Thank you.

chapter 5 of THE FAITH THAT NEVER WAS plssss
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by nekanzee(m): 11:16am On May 09, 2016
SPDAZZY where arth dou
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by SPDAZZY(f): 12:05pm On May 09, 2016
nekanzee:
SPDAZZY where arth dou

Présent monsieur. I Don show. Thanks for the mention.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by uncjay(m): 3:32pm On May 09, 2016
oludare007:
chapter 2

Boss....i hail you oooo...truth is, i've not visited your thread despite mentioning me all along, i truely respect and recognise your persistence. I shall view it as often as i can and equally contribute my quota.

Thanks.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 4:22pm On May 09, 2016
uncjay:

Boss....i hail you oooo...truth is, i've not visited your thread despite mentioning me all along, i truely respect and recognise your persistence. I shall view it as often as i can and equally contribute my quota.

Thanks.
my friend, thanks.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 4:23pm On May 09, 2016
phintohlar:
chapter 5 of THE FAITH THAT NEVER WAS plssss
incoming ma'am...just a couple of a time slide smiley
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by phintohlar(f): 5:17pm On May 09, 2016
oludare007:
incoming ma'am...just a couple of a time slide smiley
my blood dey hot ni jare
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by SPDAZZY(f): 9:01pm On May 09, 2016
Nice. Please update. It seems Ade and Co came to the house o
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 5:56am On May 10, 2016
Flakkydagirl, Tummyyoung, Nancywealth, kingDELE, repogirl, PrettySpicey, Blessinzy, Nancydearie, ellahzy, Smallville10, saraphina,repogirl, Nancydearie, ritababe, obianuju95, nekanzee, osman1996, nancywealth, aprilwise, missmossy, mubzay, morsadh, nabla, shakyroh320, jblake, supersuave, poik, maoolakanm, oluplus, goodyj, uncjay, idyraph, mojysiola, itsawrappp, mhiz, kinmayor, phintohlar, odunsco01, mynd44, teeghurl, obiwann, mrsheddy, omotayo9177, dave16, jerrythafinisher, priestcharm, jolay554, niwdog, tolababa, morsadh, tori46, Fortunate32, ka52y, hermanie, analysiscorner, veraisbae, Nostradamus, flippycbk, aishat39, SPDAZZY, phintohlar
chapter 5
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 6:09am On May 10, 2016
CHAPTER 5

An occasional but consistent high-pitched beep sounds visited Blessing in her dreams. It became so loud and consistent that even though she wasn’t yet awake, it irritated her. She shifted in her bed and tried to shake off the sound- all to no avail. Then suddenly, without her wanting it, her eyes opened. Slowly at first, then they blinked repeatedly as they tried to adjust to the light. It wasn’t pleasant.

She felt a hand on her arm, then a voice saying, “She is awake.” It was a female’s.

“Shh,” a male voice hushed her down, “do not make noise. Quick, call the doctor.”

“Hang on dear.” The female voice said and Blessing could feel her arm being tapped by the hand.

She closed her eyes again and was drifting back into dreamland, but a hand, different from the one that touched her arm, slapped her gently on her cheeks. The hand appeared to be sticky.

“Wake up, wake up.” She heard a different voice- the owner of the sticky hands, commanding her with a deep feminine voice.

There was a struggle between her soul and her body as she turned and stretched but not willing to wake up. She groaned. The high pitched beep was now very high and fast- she could hear it, but everything was dark. Then suddenly, she felt a rush of air in her chest- somebody had maybe, tore off her shirt. The first hand that touched her arm now grabbed it, she could hear her shout and panic, but did not know why.

On her bare chest, something cold were placed, she could feel it and it sent an electric shock into her brain. It seemed to lift her up slam her back on the bed. Her brain became so loud that the high pitched beeps sliced through her brain. She shuts wide, her eyes, but the sticky hands forced her eyes open and then she saw a light- very bright, directed right into her eyes.

She shoved her head away and for once, she could make sense of everything.

The sticky hands held a small touch in her hands- she was a doctor and she wore a rubber gloves. Bukky’s hands on her arm was still firm and there. She could see her- panic was written all over her countenance. Then she saw Ade behind Bukky, he held her shoulders- he looked happy.

“She’s okay.” He said with a smile.

She turned her head to where the high pitched sound was coming from- no wonder it was so loud. It was right beside her- a heart monitor. And right beside it was a defibrillator- she guessed that that was what sent the electric shock through her chest.

“Where am I?” She asked in a dead voice.

“You cannot recollect what happened?” Bukky asked, scared that her friend may have lost her memories.

Blessing shook her head. A headache ran across her forehead. She tried to touch it but her hands were strung up with a rubber-like strings like a puppet’s.

“Don’t move,” The doctor said, “just a few more drips and you will regain your strength.” She said as she injected more yellow liquid into the big bag that supplied the hollow rubber strings connected to her arm.

“What happened?” She asked again.

“You need to leave now.” The doctor ordered Bukky and Ade who were eager to tell Blessing what happened. “You guys can come back tomorrow, okay. Your friend is stable now.” She ushered them away with a friendly smile.

Bukky waved.

Slowly, Blessing watch them leave, she drifted to sleep. As she neared the dark world, she could recollect vividly, how it all happened.

FEW HOURS EARLIER

Blessing had alighted with Bukky, in front of the gate of a very lovely hostel, with Ade, who had brought them there.

“You mean this is where Emeka is?” Blessing recollected asking Ade who reaffirmed her fear. What Ade failed to tell Blessing was that Emeka was with a lady- Hannah, a known prostitute from her class.

They met two half-dressed ladies, Rucks and Sarah, as soon as they entered the gate and she could recollect one of them telling them to wait for Hannah, who had gone out.

After the three of them had waited for fifteen minutes, one of the ladies came and told them that they could now go upstairs- “Hannah is back!” She said.

Blessing, Bukky and Ade were surprised because they did not see any Hannah enter through the gate. Nevertheless, they climbed the stairs to Hannah’s abode and Ade knocked on the beautiful door.

“Come right in.” Hannah’s voice had invited them in and they did just that, only to be met with the horror of their lives. Hannah’s plan worked!

“Emeka!” Blessing recollected screaming. “Why are you doing this to me?” She screamed as she saw Hannah and Emeka on the bed, both half-naked.

Emeka broke free and screamed back, “Because I don’t love you! Leave me alone!”

Blessing couldn’t believe her eyes, she watched as Emeka wrapped her arms around Hannah, who did the same with a conceited smiled.
Without any announcement, Blessing had blacked out!!!

End of 5

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Emediong"(the Gods Have Blessed) An African Traditional Love Story / STORY: Keeping Up With The Adventures Of Slutty Ngozi / The Story Of A 'SWEET' Examination Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.