Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) (6104 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Read For Free: Blood On The Altar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by nekanzee(m): 9:45am On May 10, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]bad bad bad bad hannah has nothing to loose but emeka (biggest fool ever liveth) will surely pay with his slowpoke attitude
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by Missmossy(f): 12:41pm On May 10, 2016
Interesting, keep it coming.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 2:26am On May 14, 2016
Flakkydagirl, Tummyyoung, Nancywealth, kingDELE, repogirl, PrettySpicey, Blessinzy, Nancydearie, ellahzy, Smallville10, saraphina,repogirl, Nancydearie, ritababe, obianuju95, nekanzee, osman1996, nancywealth, aprilwise, missmossy, mubzay, morsadh, nabla, shakyroh320, jblake, supersuave, poik, maoolakanm, oluplus, goodyj, uncjay, idyraph, mojysiola, itsawrappp, mhiz, kinmayor, phintohlar, odunsco01, mynd44, teeghurl, obiwann, mrsheddy, omotayo9177, dave16, jerrythafinisher, priestcharm, jolay554, niwdog, tolababa, morsadh, tori46, Fortunate32, ka52y, hermanie, analysiscorner, veraisbae, Nostradamus, flippycbk, aishat39, SPDAZZY, phintohlar, missmossy
chapter 6
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 2:29am On May 14, 2016
CHAPTER 6

“What happened?” Blessing asked as she was brought back to life.

“You blacked out,” Bukky replied with a worried face, “again.” She added.

“Again?” Blessing asked. She had recollected that the reason she was at the hospital was because she fainted at Hannah’s place, but to say she blacked out again, was worrisome.

“Where am I?” She asked as she was helped to sit.

“You are in my office, Blessing. You need to take things easy.” The doctor said.

“I blacked out again? Am I still in the hospital?”

The doctor nodded. “But, like I said, you need to take things easy. You’re no more a kid.”

Blessing sighed. “Why…” She rephrased, “Is this how I am going to be fainting every now and then?”

The doctor scoffed. “No. But, are you telling me you do not remember why fainted right here?”

“I…” She rubbed the back of her neck, “I thought it was a relapse of what happened at Hannah’s place.” She said.

“A relapse?” The doctor chuckled. “Ade…sorry, I think Bukky, being a female, will be in the best position to tell you what happened.”

“Something else happened?” She sprang towards Bukky, who nodded with a pitiful eyes.

“What is happening?” Am I infected?” She screamed.

“You need to calm down, Blessing, you are not infected.” Ade patted her.

“You need to be scared of infections too, if you’re going to be having sex without protection. Latex condoms are very cheap. Didn’t somebody tell you guys?” The doctor schooled.

“So, what happened to me? What is happening? I could only recollect I was being discharged after three days and the doctor asked to see us briefly, right?” She asked Bukky, who nodded. “So, I was given a result sheet for the test done and…” She looked at Bukky in horror as she recollected exactly why she fainted. She exploded into tears. “No, no.” She screamed.

“I think we will find a solution, okay?” Bukky tried to pacify her friend. She was also crying.

“Solution? Solution? Don’t you understand? Are we not talking of Emeka?” Bukky wailed with mucus mixing with tears.

“We will see her Uncle, okay. I will take you there by myself.” Ade did his best.

“No, no, I am dead.” Blessing cried. “My father is going to kill me!”

“No, you are not.” The doctor replied her. “Go think this through and come back to see me, okay?”

Bukky and Ade thanked the doctor and guided their friend out of her office.

Emeka had been begging Hannah since the trio came looking for him. Immediately they left, Hannah had pushed him away and asked him to leave her place for ‘perjury’.

“I thought… you were just holding me now.” Emeka had asked, bemused.

“Yes, that was before your girlfriend interrupted us.” Hannah had replied. “And don’t forget, you swore to me that none of your friends knew this place and it was funny that you even used the Bible to lie.”

“See, Hannah…”

“See, Emeka, let it go. It is over!”

That was three days ago. Emeka hasn’t stopped begging Hannah, who had it all planned. The whole swearing thing was a trap she set for Emeka.

That day, while at the window, she already saw Ade, Bukky and Blessing alight in front of her hostel’s gate. She quickly excused herself from Emeka and ran downstairs to tell Rucks and Sarah to delay the three incoming visitors for just fifteen minutes- enough time for her to ran back upstairs to set the trap for Emeka. Also, enough time to get both of them half-naked so that the three incoming visitors met them in the unholy position. She was glad when Blessing fainted.

There was a knock on the door.

“Hannah, your man is here!” Sarah popped in her head to inform Hannah who was busy addressing Emeka. Sarah was surprised to see Emeka on her knees. “Is this guy still here?”

“I have done all I could,” Hannah replied, “he just wouldn’t leave!”

“Listen, deaf guy, you better leave. Rucks is still trying to delay her man by the gate. If he should meet you here, you are a dead man!” Sarah threw her two cents into the bowl and left.

“You heard her.” Hannah told Emeka. “Do not let Pastor Akin meet you here!”

“Pastor Akin?” Emeka asked, puzzled. “So, he’s a Pastor!”

“He is not a Pastor in any way, dumbass! It was a nickname given him for his gentle looks. But do not be deceived, he is very dangerous. You must leave. I can always say you are a delivery guy.” Hannah tried to help him but Emeka refused. He continue begging.

Suddenly, the door creaked open and a hulk-looking guy extruded himself inside through the opening. Emeka stood up slowly. The guy sure looks simple, but his stature scared him.

“Who is this guy?” The Hulk roared.
Emeka trembled but turned to Hannah for explanation.

Hannah tried to put on a smile and said Emeka was an intruder who has been stalking her all her life! Before Emeka could recover from the shock of Hannah’s statement. The guy was already red in the face, moving over to him.

Emeka decided to defend himself by saying he was just a delivery guy, but before he could utter a word, there was a crack in the air and everything went dark around him- it was a slap from Hulk. In the darkness, he knew he staggered and hit his head on the wall. His ears couldn’t pick a clear sound- it was all a static sound. He shook his head to clear the darkness and the static sound.

Then slowly, it was getting cleared. He shook his head more frantically and the light was coming back to his eyes. He even picked a sound-

“I swear, I don’t know him!” It was Hannah’s.

As he tried to see what was happening with the dark fog around his eyes, there was another darkness and a static sound again- he blacked out from the second blow!

THE END OF 6
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by SPDAZZY(f): 11:40am On May 14, 2016
Hmmmmmm. Emeka go na

1 Like

Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by nekanzee(m): 1:13pm On May 14, 2016
serves you right dumbass abeg paitor akin give him deliverance of strong blows

1 Like

Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by Missmossy(f): 1:36pm On May 14, 2016
Serves him right!! More please.....kudos.

3 Likes

Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 8:10am On May 17, 2016
Tomiyoung, kindDELE and my priestly, where art thou? Why have you forsaken me? sad sad
grin
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 9:07am On May 18, 2016
Flakkydagirl, Tummyyoung, Nancywealth, kingDELE, repogirl, PrettySpicey, Blessinzy, Nancydearie, ellahzy, Smallville10, saraphina,repogirl, Nancydearie, ritababe, obianuju95, nekanzee, osman1996, nancywealth, aprilwise, missmossy, mubzay, morsadh, nabla, shakyroh320, jblake, supersuave, poik, maoolakanm, oluplus, goodyj, uncjay, idyraph, mojysiola, itsawrappp, mhiz, kinmayor, phintohlar, odunsco01, mynd44, teeghurl, obiwann, mrsheddy, omotayo9177, dave16, jerrythafinisher, priestcharm, jolay554, niwdog, tolababa, morsadh, tori46, Fortunate32, ka52y, hermanie, analysiscorner, veraisbae, Nostradamus, flippycbk, aishat39, SPDAZZY, phintohlar, missmossy, chizzyMaris, morsadh
chapter 7
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 9:13am On May 18, 2016
CHAPTER 7

Uncle James quickly wrapped up what he was doing to be with the visitors he asked to wait for him outside his veranda.

“I hope you are not angry, my son and daughters?” He asked as he sat in the chair in their front.

“No, Sir.” Ade and Bukky chorused- Blessing was silent.

“Ade, you know the nature of my job, I attend to a lot of pressing issues from many people, every day. It is a pity that my nephew is not around to help me out, he has been away in school for months now. Besides, you guys said you are here because of him, right?”

“Yes, Uncle.”

“Ade, I hope your friend is okay?”

“Emeka is fine, Uncle. But we are here because of this lady.” Ade pointed to Blessing who went on her knees, sobbing.

Emeka’s Uncle and guardian, Uncle James, urged her to sit down. He asked what the problem was. Ade told Uncle James that they had reasons to believe that Emeka was responsible for Blessing’s pregnancy.

“Really?” Uncle James was clearly happy, but couldn’t fathom why Blessing was crying. “This is a thing of joy, my daughter. If you are worried that my nephew has no job, do not worry about that as I will take full responsi…"

“It’s not that, Uncle.” Ade jumped in. “I know you are a good man, but Emeka didn’t want to see her again.”

“Why? Did she do something wrong?”

“I don’t believe so. But it appears that Emeka is dumping her for another lady!” Bukky said.

“Even when he knows he had her put in a family way? That is cruelty and I cannot take that from him!” Uncle James raged.

“Well, we just knew yesterday that she is pregnant. Emeka broke with her several days ago.” Ade said.

Uncle James sighed and assured them that he will talk to his nephew.

“What if he didn’t listen?” Blessing sobbed.

“Listen, my child, I may not be Emeka’s biological father, but I have been his father ever since his parents left this world through a fatal accident, when he was just thirteen years old. I am the one who has been his father since then. Listen to me, my child, I also have children of my own, but Emeka has always been to me, my first born and he hasn’t for once, go against my advice. Relax your mind.”

Blessing felt comfortable, at least, even if it felt false. They all thanked Emeka’s Uncle and they left. As they were going, Bukky said,

“The man seems nice, don’t you think?”

“Of course, he is a very nice man. I knew him before I and Emeka gained admission into the University. I used to sleep over at their place sometimes.” Ade said.

“Is he a Pastor?” Blessing asked.

“A Pastor? Not even close!” Ade said. “He’s an herbalist.”

“An herbalist?” Blessing stopped abruptly! “Jesus!”

“Jesus what?” Ade said. “You better let that thought go. Uncle James is one of the best and easy going ones. You need to lay your mind at rest.”

Blessing sighed as Bukky patted her. Bukky asked if Blessing really thought was really wise to let the pregnancy grow instead of aborting it because of her studies.

“I don’t want to lose him.” Blessing said, rather disappointing to Bukky. “I can always come back for my studies.”

“Well, if you say so.” Bukky, who doesn’t want to be seen as an antagonist, replied her.

“Do you think that Emeka will listen to her Uncle?” Blessing asked again.

“Well,” Ade said, “that is left to be known.”

“I am just scared, that’s why?” Blessing said.

“Well, I would be too.” Bukky said. “But if it were me, I will abort the pregnancy and move on.”

Ade looked at her, but, she didn’t notice. She kept on talking, “I cannot be allowed to be treated like I don’t have a choice. No man is entitled to treat a lady that way. Not even when I gave him my virginity like you did with Emeka. It is unfair.”

“I beg your pardon,” Ade came in, “but, she wasn’t forced to give it to him.” Ade said angrily.

“Are you for real?” Bukky asked angrily. “Did you really say that?”

“Of course, I did! You made it sound like both Emeka and Blessing are kids who are not responsible for their actions. There wasn’t any coercion!”

“So, what are we to call it when a guy keeps promising lies and heaven just to get laid, just like you’ve always been doing with me?” Bukky asked angrily.

“And did you ever give in?” Ade asked.

“Of course, I wouldn’t!” This is sort of thing I was clearly avoiding!

“Hello guys,” Blessing finally said, “I think I am still here. You guys can just direct the insults at me.”

“Sorry.” Ade and Bukky chorused.

“That’s not necessary. It doesn’t seems like this is your fault. I think Ade is right. I can only blame myself.”

“I…I mean, we didn’t mean to make it sound like that.” Ade said.

“I am sorry.” Bukky added.

Blessing was silent, lost in thought. The rest of the journey, back to the campus, was as silent as the graveyard.

End of 7
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 9:15am On May 18, 2016
SPDAZZY:
Hmmmmmm. Emeka go na
nekanzee post[quote author=nekanzee:
serves you right dumbass abeg paitor akin give him deliverance of strong blows
[/quote]thanks for your comments. wink
Missmossy:
Serves him right!! More please.....kudos.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by SPDAZZY(f): 8:33am On May 19, 2016
Hmmmmmm. Which kind love be this?

Op go ahead. I dey follow you
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 10:24am On May 24, 2016
CHAPTER 8

Emeka got home very late in the evening- he appeared very tired. Uncle James had asked him to see him for an important discussion. That was exactly four days after Ade had left with the girls. Although, Uncle James had called Emeka immediately the guys left, but, Emeka could only make it home, three days after.

Uncle James was mixing some concoction when Emeka emerged. One of his eyes was swollen while the forehead was plastered. Uncle James dropped what he was doing and ran to meet his nephew, who also has a sling around his neck for his left arm.

“What is the meaning of this? Who did this to you?” Uncle James bellowed in anger.

“Good evening Uncle, I am sorry I couldn’t make it home three days ago.” Emeka answered, evasively.

“That wasn’t my question, Emeka. I said, who did this to…”

“Nobody, Uncle James. It was an accident. I fell off the stairs.” He lied. He couldn’t have told him about his encounter with Pastor Hulk. His Uncle would have been ashamed that he got a beating because of a girl.

“Well, I hope you are fine?” Uncle James asked and Emeka said, “Yes, I am. Thank you.”

“Now, you may go inside while I finish this medicine for a client of mine. Bathe, eat and sleep- we have something important to discuss- maybe tomorrow.”

Emeka nodded and dragged himself inside.

Bukky and Ade watched as Blessing pasted her phone against her ears. She has been on that call for fifteen minutes. Bukky and Ade were eager for her to be done with the call so as to know the next step- Blessing listened with rapt attention.

“I think it will work out.” Bukky whispered and smiled to Ade who only patted her while his eyes were fixed on Blessing.

Blessing shook her head slowly and she readjusted the phone with her other hand. After a while, she was done with it. She gently placed her phone of the table and looked at Bukky and Ade whose eyes were asking, “How was it?”
Blessing shook her head slowly. Bukky took a quick disappointed look at Ade who happened to do the same.

“You mean…?”

“He denied!” Blessing interjected Bukky.

“Is he crazy or what?” Ade shouted and stood up abruptly.

“I think you need to talk to your friend. He cannot deny this pregnancy!” Bukky said to Ade..

“Blessing… please, relax, I think I need to see Uncle James. I will be back.” Ade said and left.

Bukky sat closer to her friend on the bed, “What did that bastard say?” She asked annoyingly.

Blessing replied with rains of tears. Bukky tried to pacify her.

“He… He… He said…” She sobbed, “Can you imagine Emeka calling me a prostitute? Can you?” She asked Bukky with a faint voice.

“He did what? Is he crazy or what? Let me ask you, was he not the first guy?”

“Bukky, you know me.” She cried and placed her hand on her chest, beating it softly. “You know me, you know Emeka is the only guy with me.”

“I know…I know. You know, guys are very funny. Maybe he read a message on your phone or …”

“Bukky, you’re hurting me! What messages could it be? What other guy? Ever since I gave him the chance, I ensured I am as transparent as I could, just to avoid this type of situation?”

“Listen, Blessing, the best thing to do is to avoid this… this issue of… erm… sex, completely. I mean, when all these is over!”

Blessing looked at her slowly and shook her head, with her forefinger in between her teeth, immersed in regret.

Bukky continued, “If a guy really likes you, let him wait for you. If he is in a hurry, let him work hard and start preparing for the wedding. I have never allowed Ade to go beyond pecking and holding hands. If he doesn’t like it, he may leave. I am not saying that virginity is chastity or good behavior, but we all need to avoid these idiots who walk around shamelessly with their third legs, looking for whom to destroy.”

“Bukky, Bukky, please, I am not worried about all you’re saying. It is too late already, what do you think I should do?” Blessing sobbed.

“Well, I don’t know of your own plan. I can only advice you based on your interests.”

“I can’t believe this is happening to me!” Blessing lamented.

“Like you said, it is too late already, we should talk about the solutions- the future.”

“I don’t think I have one without Emeka.” Blessing said, much to Bukky’s disappointment. “Bukky, maybe we should wait a little and give him some time. Maybe he will come around. What do you think?”

Bukky was lost in words, she opened her mouth and closed it again- no word came out. Blessing continued in her folly,

“Maybe if you talk to him, he will listen to you. You know, he respected you a lot. I believe he is still angry and will see things the right way.”

“Listen, Blessing,” Bukky stopped her after she couldn’t take it anymore, “Emeka had already seen things the right way- his own right ways, and that was why he arrived at that conclusion. You need to…”

“No, Bukky, no.” Blessing interjected. “You cannot just say that. He may going through a major stress that…”

“Enough of this folly!” Bukky shouted her down. “Why are you this insane? What has Emeka done to you? I hope he hasn’t bewitched you with a love spell?”

Blessing sighed. “He didn’t. I love him. I am sorry that you may not understand what that means.”

“Oh, I love myself. I love my parents and I love my family. I love my future and I love Ade too. That was why I decided not to be carried away in this ten minutes madness and jeopardize everything I love!” Bukky clapped back.

“I didn’t mean it that way.” Blessing said. “What do you think I should do?”

“I will be blunt with you- abort this pregnancy and continue with your life. Don’t jeopardize your life by pitching your tent with a guy like Emeka. He is already proving that he is an animal. Even if you marry him, do not expect any special treatment.”

“You don’t know that!” Blessing defended Emeka. “I told you, that Hannah-of-a-witch could have bewitched him! Maybe we should pray for him.”

“God forbid!” Bukky growled. She shook her head as she looked at her friend with uttermost pity. “You should make up your mind, and you should do that real fast.”

“I already did.” Blessing replied. She was looking out of the window.

“And that is?”

Blessing turned to face her friend and coldly replied, “Emeka will come around. I will start praying and fasting by tomorrow. I will keep this pregnancy.”

Bukky shook her head in anger and left for the lecture room.

END of 8
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by ChizzyMaris(f): 12:15pm On May 24, 2016
This Blessing is just so foolish.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by morsadh(m): 8:37am On May 25, 2016
Very nice storyline. Can't wait to see what happens next. Kudos, oludare007.

I don't know what it is about love that turns some people into 'stick-sweet', but I do know that Emeka is a silly goat.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 7:56pm On May 29, 2016
ChizzyMaris:
This Blessing is just so foolish.
morsadh:
Very nice storyline. Can't wait to see what happens next. Kudos, oludare007.

I don't know what it is about love that turns some people into 'stick-sweet', but I do know that Emeka is a silly goat.
thanks
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 10:49am On May 31, 2016
Flakkydagirl, Tummyyoung, Nancywealth, kingDELE, repogirl, PrettySpicey, Blessinzy, Nancydearie, ellahzy, Smallville10, saraphina,repogirl, Nancydearie, ritababe, obianuju95, nekanzee, osman1996, nancywealth, aprilwise, missmossy, mubzay, morsadh, nabla, shakyroh320, jblake, supersuave, poik, maoolakanm, oluplus, goodyj, uncjay, idyraph, mojysiola, itsawrappp, mhiz, kinmayor, phintohlar, odunsco01, mynd44, teeghurl, obiwann, mrsheddy, omotayo9177, dave16, jerrythafinisher, priestcharm, jolay554, niwdog, tolababa, morsadh, tori46, Fortunate32, ka52y, hermanie, analysiscorner, veraisbae, Nostradamus, flippycbk, aishat39, SPDAZZY, phintohlar, missmossy, chizzyMaris, morsadh..
chapter 9
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 10:52am On May 31, 2016
CHAPTER 9

The ceiling fan rotated slowly. It let out a shriek of creak every time it completed an oscillation. The window, opened in half, let in a gentle breeze with a low whistling sound. Everything else in the room stood still- including Blessing, Ade and Bukky. One could almost conclude that they were mourning.

Bukky cuddled up to Ade, who, seeing this as a life time opportunity, wrapped her up in his arms like his breath.

“You know,” Bukky turned to Ade, “I still couldn’t believe he slapped her.” She whispered.

Ade sighed, “You were there, right? So was I. The sooner you believe, the better you help her stop this madness.” Ade whispered back.

“She is beyond help.” Bukky said. “She still insists on keeping the pregnancy.” Bukky said with worry.

“Maybe, it’s what you girls know as love.”

“Why am I not been affected by that disease?” Bukky asked Ade.

“What disease?” Ade asked.

“Love! Why am I not been enveloped in the madness?”

“Maybe you lack affection.”

“No, try ‘wise’. I am not a fool. I have a reason for living and I have priorities. That is what differentiates me from idiots like her.”

Ade rolled his eyes. She is truly wise, he knew this. “See, enough of us. How do we help Blessing?”

“Even with a black eye, she still professes her love for him. This all strange to me. Is she crazy or what? Maybe Uncle James already bewitched her.”

Ade asked Bukky to forget about Uncle James. “He is not that type of person.” He argued.

In all, Blessing sat, dead silent, lost in thoughts, sad without tears. In her hand, she held the picture of Emeka, even with her swollen face. Right within the whispers and the silence, she reminisced about the event of two days ago…

They had arrived at Uncle James’s place to know about Blessing’s fate, since he already promised to talk to his nephew. But on arriving at his place, Monica, his first daughter, told them that her father traveled for an emergency event. It was a meeting of the herbalists and being the general secretary, he had no choice but to be there. Even though it was impromptu.

“I overheard him talking to Emeka though- he said they will talk when he is back from the meeting.” Monica told Blessing, whom she was worried and concerned about.

“So, when will he be back?” Bukky had asked.
Monica said she couldn’t say, but assured them that Uncle will never support Emeka’s decision to let Blessing abort the pregnancy. She asked Blessing to be patient.

“Talking of Emeka, where is he?” Ade just realized they haven’t asked the question.

“He’s not available.” Monica said.

“I thought you said he came home some days after we left? Blessing asked.

“Yes, he did. He said he had an accident.” Monica replied.

Blessing had sprung from her feet in fear. She asked many questions at once. Monica assured her that he is now fine. He just went to see some friends. Blessing was relieved, Bukky was angry at her friend.

Few minutes later, as they were about leaving, Emeka had showed up. Blessing rushed to her feet to meet with him after seeing him in a bad shape. Plastered forehead and a sling to the neck. But it was a surprise to everyone when Emeka met her goodwill with a wild slap across her face. This sent her flying to the left. She banged herself against the wall with a scream and fell with a thud- silent.

Everyone had frozen in horror- everyone except Emeka who churned out threats and warnings to Blessing who lay still on the floor.

“I have told you and I will keep repeating this, stay away from me! I don’t want you or the bastard inside of you!”

He had walked inside and ignored them all.

End of 9 (just two more chapters to go!)
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by SPDAZZY(f): 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
Imagine! smh
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 11:03am On Jun 07, 2016
Flakkydagirl, Tummyyoung, Nancywealth, kingDELE, repogirl, PrettySpicey, Blessinzy, Nancydearie, ellahzy, Smallville10, saraphina,repogirl, Nancydearie, ritababe, obianuju95, nekanzee, osman1996, nancywealth, aprilwise, missmossy, mubzay, morsadh, nabla, shakyroh320, jblake, supersuave, poik, maoolakanm, oluplus, goodyj, uncjay, idyraph, mojysiola, itsawrappp, mhiz, kinmayor, phintohlar, odunsco01, mynd44, teeghurl, obiwann, mrsheddy, omotayo9177, dave16, jerrythafinisher, priestcharm, jolay554, niwdog, tolababa, morsadh, tori46, Fortunate32, ka52y, hermanie, analysiscorner, veraisbae, Nostradamus, flippycbk, aishat39, SPDAZZY, phintohlar, missmossy, chizzyMaris, morsadh
chapter 10
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 11:05am On Jun 07, 2016
CHAPTER 10
Bukky and Ade had slept off, tied to each other by their hands. Ade snored slightly.

Blessing thought about her life, her family and future. She knew if she kept this pregnancy and Emeka kept reveling in denial, she is already a single mother- a state that has a screaming level of discrimination in her part of the world. She remembered when one of her friend talked about condom and she was lying that she never had sex and wouldn’t. She regretted she should had learnt more about the use of it, instead of allowing Emeka to assure her that as a virgin, she is still far from getting pregnant.

The doctor also said something about infection. But she wanted to lie to herself that Emeka was free from it. She loved him and she had allowed herself to believe everything he ever said.

“If you love me, then we should not use the condom.” Emeka had once told her when she brought up the issue.

She was dunce that she should have known that he would say anything just to satisfy his selfish needs. And just like Bukky had said, she has every right to protect her life and future.

She was glad she didn’t tell Bukky that she once contacted an STD from Emeka. They had spent a fortune curing the disease. Even when the doctor had said it was sexually transmitted, Emeka had pushed the blame on her and accused her of sleeping around!

She could also recollect the time she saw messages from other girls on his phone- she approached him because the messages clearly denotes he was having sexual relationship with them. Emeka had went into a state of fury and warned her not to touch his phone again. Since then, he always locked his phone with a code.

Blessing heaved aloud and Ade and Bukky quickly unbundled and ran to her side.

“What is it?” Bukky asked her friend.

“Nothing.” Blessing managed a smile. It was a first after the whole storm had started. “I was just thinking of what happened few days back. I wondered if Uncle James would have been back.”

“You need to get rid of this pregnancy and move on, Blessing. I am not going to stop saying that. You don’t want to live with that animal.” Bukky said.

“I know.” Blessing started crying. “I just can’t believe I am going to murder my first child.” She covered her mouth with her clothes.

“I understand.” Bukky began. “But, you need to understand that this is not yet a child. It hasn’t taken a human form. Please, don’t let it become dangerous by letting it grow.”

“I am scared.” She snickered. “I can lose my life.” Her voice failing.

“Of course, you could. But, that is only if you decided to drink some concoction, use an overdose of certain drugs.” Ade added.

“So, do you know the drugs I can use?” Blessing asked.

“Drugs are not legal nor safe. We will have to take you to an abortionist. A legal one.” Bukky said.

“Can’t we just visit the nurses around? They may be able to…”

“No!” Bukky shouted her down. “We are not going to visit a quack, Blessing. We are going straight to a certified hospital for this.”

“I don’t have the money. I learnt it is expensive to have a proper and legal one. They said the chemists can also do it fine.”

“Who have you been talking to?” Ade asked.

“Yes, who have you been talking to?” Bukky added.

“I…” she waited a bit and continued, “I lied to Michelle that one of my sister’s friend is affected and wanted an abortion. She said she will give me the phone number of a chemist who has helped her many times.”

“Many times? Michelle?” Bukky was puzzled.

“Listen, she asked me not to tell anyone. She said it’s better than the hospital where many eyes will see you.” Blessing said.

Bukky said she should have thought about the shame before fooling around. Ade let her realized that because Michelle walks around fine doesn’t mean she is fine. There may be complications she wouldn’t realize until later. Infections, bad abortion leading to infertility and so on, which will manifest later. This scared Blessing who wanted another chance for the future. She agreed to get an abortion and move on with her life!

Uncle James came back two days later and Monica was quick to relay the shameful actions of Emeka to him. Uncle James was very angry, but also scared that his nephew might have taken the wrong decision that could jeopardize his future. He called for Emeka, who without knowing, lied that Blessing had decided to take an abortion. He also lied that she slapped Blessing because she knew she has not being faithful to him and that was the reason she wanted an abortion.

“Are you saying she told you herself that the pregnancy is not yours, Emeka?” Uncle James asked again and Emeka said he was sure.

“Let me warn you, Emeka. I consulted the oracle before leaving for the meeting and I was assured that the pregnancy is yours. This lady, Blessing, must not abort this pregnancy. If she did, you are in a lifetime trouble.”

“But Uncle, why will you say that?” Emeka, who believed that his Uncle was saying that to make him accept the responsibilities he didn’t want, asked.

“I believe it will be best if you heard from the mouth of the gods themselves,” Uncle James said, "because if you are the one who coerced this lady, by your actions, to embrace abortion, then you will suffer greatly for it!"

Emeka flinched and frowned. "Uncle..."

"Listen, my child. This world and the people we meet, even the ones we never talked with, are all networked to each other. Each, has a significant part I. Our lives and when we severed a thread of this network through our stupidity, we already disturbed the balance and struck the cord that vibrates another sound through the network, thereby, affecting each and everyone, but particularly the one who is the culprit."

"I... I don't understand, Uncle. But if Blessing decides to abort, it should be on her."

"Did you tell her not to abort it?"

"I didn't ask her to abort it either!" Emeka lied. He was now sweating, afraid for himself.

"Then, the repercussions are on her. The child that is coming through may die or live. But no matter what, it is part of the of the network and whether it lives or dies, it's already contributed it's own quota. And when you tried to stop this..."

"But this pregnancy was a mistake, Uncle."

"There is no such thing as that. Things that happen, happened for a reason."

Emeka ran his hands through his bald hair, he sighed. "What did you say the repercussions are if..."

"I did not tell you that there are any repercussions, the gods did."

"Okay, what did they say?"

"Son, I think it is besynyou hear from them yourself. Follow me."

He led Emeka to the shrine and gave him an ointment to rub into his ears.

“This will make you hear from the gods.” He said. "Now, stuff this into your ears." He said as he gave Emeka some cotton wool.

Then he consulted with the oracle while seated around a big glowing globe. He asked for the gods to tell Emeka the future if the pregnancy was aborted.

First, there was silence. Then, Emeka started to hear some sounds...then some words... and a clear statement from some coarse voices that seemed to overlap.

"What did they say?" His uncle asked. Emeka was silent.

Emeka removed the wools from his ears and drop them on the floor.

"Uncle, please, I will be back." He said and made a run for the exit.

"Emeka! Emeka!" Uncle James shouted after him but he didn't stop. Uncles Emeka ran after him, telling him to stop!

But Emeka wouldn't stop. He rushed into the house and rushed out, towards the main road- his mobile phone clamed in his fist!

End of 10!
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by jacy67(f): 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
oludare007:
CHAPTER 10
Bukky and Ade had slept off, tied to each other by their hands. Ade snored slightly.

Blessing thought about her life, her family and future. She knew if she kept this pregnancy and Emeka kept reveling in denial, she is already a single mother- a state that has a screaming level of discrimination in her part of the world. She remembered when one of her friend talked about condom and she was lying that she never had sex and wouldn’t. She regretted she should had learnt more about the use of it, instead of allowing Emeka to assure her that as a virgin, she is still far from getting pregnant.

The doctor also said something about infection. But she wanted to lie to herself that Emeka was free from it. She loved him and she had allowed herself to believe everything he ever said.

“If you love me, then we should not use the condom.” Emeka had once told her when she brought up the issue.

She was dunce that she should have known that he would say anything just to satisfy his selfish needs. And just like Bukky had said, she has every right to protect her life and future.

She was glad she didn’t tell Bukky that she once contacted an STD from Emeka. They had spent a fortune curing the disease. Even when the doctor had said it was sexually transmitted, Emeka had pushed the blame on her and accused her of sleeping around!

She could also recollect the time she saw messages from other girls on his phone- she approached him because the messages clearly denotes he was having sexual relationship with them. Emeka had went into a state of fury and warned her not to touch his phone again. Since then, he always locked his phone with a code.

Blessing heaved aloud and Ade and Bukky quickly unbundled and ran to her side.

“What is it?” Bukky asked her friend.

“Nothing.” Blessing managed a smile. It was a first after the whole storm had started. “I was just thinking of what happened few days back. I wondered if Uncle James would have been back.”

“You need to get rid of this pregnancy and move on, Blessing. I am not going to stop saying that. You don’t want to live with that animal.” Bukky said.

“I know.” Blessing started crying. “I just can’t believe I am going to murder my first child.” She covered her mouth with her clothes.

“I understand.” Bukky began. “But, you need to understand that this is not yet a child. It hasn’t taken a human form. Please, don’t let it become dangerous by letting it grow.”

“I am scared.” She snickered. “I can lose my life.” Her voice failing.

“Of course, you could. But, that is only if you decided to drink some concoction, use an overdose of certain drugs.” Ade added.

“So, do you know the drugs I can use?” Blessing asked.

“Drugs are not legal nor safe. We will have to take you to an abortionist. A legal one.” Bukky said.

“Can’t we just visit the nurses around? They may be able to…”

“No!” Bukky shouted her down. “We are not going to visit a quack, Blessing. We are going straight to a certified hospital for this.”

“I don’t have the money. I learnt it is expensive to have a proper and legal one. They said the chemists can also do it fine.”

“Who have you been talking to?” Ade asked.

“Yes, who have you been talking to?” Bukky added.

“I…” she waited a bit and continued, “I lied to Michelle that one of my sister’s friend is affected and wanted an abortion. She said she will give me the phone number of a chemist who has helped her many times.”

“Many times? Michelle?” Bukky was puzzled.

“Listen, she asked me not to tell anyone. She said it’s better than the hospital where many eyes will see you.” Blessing said.

Bukky said she should have thought about the shame before fooling around. Ade let her realized that because Michelle walks around fine doesn’t mean she is fine. There may be complications she wouldn’t realize until later. Infections, bad abortion leading to infertility and so on, which will manifest later. This scared Blessing who wanted another chance for the future. She agreed to get an abortion and move on with her life!

Uncle James came back two days later and Monica was quick to relay the shameful actions of Emeka to him. Uncle James was very angry, but also scared that his nephew might have taken the wrong decision that could jeopardize his future. He called for Emeka, who without knowing, lied that Blessing had decided to take an abortion. He also lied that she slapped Blessing because she knew she has not being faithful to him and that was the reason she wanted an abortion.

“Are you saying she told you herself that the pregnancy is not yours, Emeka?” Uncle James asked again and Emeka said he was sure.

“Let me warn you, Emeka. I consulted the oracle before leaving for the meeting and I was assured that the pregnancy is yours. This lady, Blessing, must not abort this pregnancy. If she did, you are in a lifetime trouble.”

“But Uncle, why will you say that?” Emeka, who believed that his Uncle was saying that to make him accept the responsibilities he didn’t want, asked.

“I believe it will be best if you heard from the mouth of the gods themselves,” Uncle James said, "because if you are the one who coerced this lady, by your actions, to embrace abortion, then you will suffer greatly for it!"

Emeka flinched and frowned. "Uncle..."

"Listen, my child. This world and the people we meet, even the ones we never talked with, are all networked to each other. Each, has a significant part I. Our lives and when we severed a thread of this network through our stupidity, we already disturbed the balance and struck the cord that vibrates another sound through the network, thereby, affecting each and everyone, but particularly the one who is the culprit."

"I... I don't understand, Uncle. But if Blessing decides to abort, it should be on her."

"Did you tell her not to abort it?"

"I didn't ask her to abort it either!" Emeka lied. He was now sweating, afraid for himself.

"Then, the repercussions are on her. The child that is coming through may die or live. But no matter what, it is part of the of the network and whether it lives or dies, it's already contributed it's own quota. And when you tried to stop this..."

"But this pregnancy was a mistake, Uncle."

"There is no such thing as that. Things that happen, happened for a reason."

Emeka ran his hands through his bald hair, he sighed. "What did you say the repercussions are if..."

"I did not tell you that there are any repercussions, the gods did."

"Okay, what did they say?"

"Son, I think it is besynyou hear from them yourself. Follow me."

He led Emeka to the shrine and gave him an ointment to rub into his ears.

“This will make you hear from the gods.” He said. "Now, stuff this into your ears." He said as he gave Emeka some cotton wool.

Then he consulted with the oracle while seated around a big glowing globe. He asked for the gods to tell Emeka the future if the pregnancy was aborted.

First, there was silence. Then, Emeka started to hear some sounds...then some words... and a clear statement from some coarse voices that seemed to overlap.

"What did they say?" His uncle asked. Emeka was silent.

Emeka removed the wools from his ears and drop them on the floor.

"Uncle, please, I will be back." He said and made a run for the exit.

"Emeka! Emeka!" Uncle James shouted after him but he didn't stop. Uncles Emeka ran after him, telling him to stop!

But Emeka wouldn't stop. He rushed into the house and rushed out, towards the main road- his mobile phone clamed in his fist!

End of 10!

when is the next update pls? this is getting more interesting!
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by SPDAZZY(f): 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
Lol, you never start to dey run.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by kingDELE(m): 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
oludare007:
chapter 10
registered
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
CHAPTER 11

[size=20pt]YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FATE THAT NEVER WAS (PART 1) FOR FREE HERE[/size]

YOU CAN ALSO SEND AN EMAIL TO: kingwax.oluwadmailare@gmail.com FOR A FREE PDF COPY OF THE FATE THAT NEVER WAS.

[size=20pt]ALSO FROM THE AUTHOR[/size]

DOWNLOAD BLOOD ON THE ALTAR [size=16pt]http://okadabooks.com/book/about/blood_on_the_altar__adult_only_18/10844[/size]13

DOWNLOAD BE YOUR OWN MANAGER [size=16pt]http://okadabooks.com/book/about/be_your_own_manager/10948[/size]
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
CHAPTER 11

Emeka didn’t mind colliding into anything or anybody as he ran, all his thoughts were concentrated on how to stop the impending disaster. He used the speed dial feature on his phone once again, putting the phone in a speaker mode as it rang; the result was always the same- no answer!

“No!” He shouted as he made efforts to run faster. “God, you need to help me,” he prayed and kept the cruise like a bull, avoiding obstacles in swiftness, and overcoming hurdles like a skilled athlete. He should have boarded a cab, but this is the time when bus-stops were stuffed up like a stadium hosting a derby, and a tortoise is faster than the traffic. Besides, his destination is just some few streets ahead.

“Yes, thank God,” he said within himself as Bukky’s hostel became visible. For the last time, he speed-dialed her number again and it was a dead end. He went right in and straight to Bukky’s door. He dashed at the door latch- it was firmly shut. He shook it two more times before he flung it open with his foot. He slapped the wall for the switch and the horror of the darkness came into light as he saw two people fumbling for the duvet to cover their unclothedness, but the surprise on their face was laid bared.

“No wonder she wasn’t picking up,” he told himself as he went closer to the bed.

“What is the meaning of this?” The female’s voice tried to bark. The male didn’t even talk; he concentrated on covering his unclothedness with the bed sheet.

“Oh, I am so sorry.” Emeka shielded his eyes with his hands and quickly moved back, realizing his mistake. “I thought this was Bukky’s room.” He said.

“Get out of my room!” Michelle shouted at him and he quickly fumbled for the door opening to make his way out.

He checked the room number on the door, “God, my mistake.” He said as he looked for the right room number. In a while, he found it and knocked. Bukky opened. She was unmoving and necessarily cold.

“What do you want?” She asked.

“I am sorry to disturb you, Bukky, please, I need to see Blessing.” He said.

Bukky scoffed. “You should be ashamed of yourself, Emeka. Why are you still looking for her after what you asked her to do against her will? Threatening her with text messages and phone calls?”

“I’m sorry,” he tried to explain, but she cut in and said,

“Don’t be; she has been at the hospital down the street since morning, she should be through by now. So, I guess it is too late now, if you are even thinking of …!”

He didn’t bother to listen again; he dashed outside and started running towards the hospital. It was just some few blocks down the street.

He ran and jumped like a rabbit. He was surprisingly agile and not tired as he ran the distance. As he ran inside the hospital gate, ignoring the warning to stop from the security guards, he saw Blessing, accompanied by Kike, Bukky’s Sister- they were just coming out of the hospital. He screeched right in front of her, with a smoke of dust everywhere.

“How is my baby?” He asked her, panting, holding her arms for support.

“What baby?” Blessing, though weak, asked. “I just aborted it just like you instructed. You already said it wasn’t yours and I believed you.” Blessing replied.

His hand slid slowly from her arm as he fell on his knees with both hands clamping his head.

“Nooooooo,” he screamed.

Kike, who already got a call from her sister not to entertain any conversation with Emeka, dragged Blessing along, leaving Emeka right on the spot.

Emeka ran to meet them, but the security guards were already over him to throw him out. He struggled free as they bundled him to be thrown out of the hospital premises.

“You don’t understand,” he screamed. “I need to talk to her! This is my life!”

Blessing heard his last statement as she was about to enter the taxi that brought them to the hospital. She asked the security guards to allow him to talk.

“What is it, Emeka?” Blessing asked. “How does this becomes your life?”

“Listen, Blessing,” he went on his knees. Blessing smiled and shook her head. “I will marry you” Emeka continued. “I am sorry for all I have done. It was a mistake. Please, I know you have a good heart. You have to forgive me.” He sobbed.

“I have forgiven you already, Emeka.” Blessing said. “You were not the one at fault- I was the idiot, the fool, the one who had no vision and no priority. I thank God for the good friends like Bukky. Listen, Emeka, let it go, I want to face my studies now. This is a second chance I will never squander. Not many people had this chance.”

“Please, do not say that.” Emeka pleaded. “Like I said, I promise to marry you.”

“Why are you even make marrying me sound like you were doing me a favour?” Blessing asked angrily.

“I didn’t mean to sound that way, I…”

“Emeka, I can never marry an animal. When the time is come- after I am done with my studies, I want a man and not a kid. I want a human and not a beast who raises his hands at his lady and ….”

Emeka grabbed her skirt and shouted, “Please, don’t do this. Remember how we started and how…”

“Oh, I remember everything and I will love to forget everything!” Blessing scoffed. She was now near tears, “I can never bring myself to remember a thing about you. It was a bitter experience all through!” She finished and yanked her skirt from his hands. She entered into the Taxi with Kike and while on his knees with stretched arms, Emeka watched the taxi exit the premises.

The security guards watched him in pity and let him be. But his mind went back to the shrine and the words of the oracle…

“You need to stop her now before she aborts the pregnancy. If she did, first, no other woman will be able to bear you a child- Not in this world! Even if you found a way to have one, even by adoption, a strange illness will always take it away from you before you ever becomes happy about it! Unless, unless, without force, in her own volition, she agrees to forgive you and marry you!”

THE END OF PART ONE!
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by SPDAZZY(f): 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
Good for him
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
SPDAZZY:
Good for him
kiss for being consistent...

Thanks for always commenting
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by morsadh(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
shocked shocked grin He's doomed!!!
Very good story @oludare007
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by SPDAZZY(f): 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
oludare007:
for being consistent...

smiley I enjoyed this part one, you can't blame me.

Waiting for part two.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by Countrygirl(f): 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
oludare007:
kiss for being consistent...

I enjoyed dis story. Pls don't forget to mention me when the part two begins.
Re: Read For Free: The Fate That Never Was (part 1) by oludare007: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2016
Countrygirl:
I enjoyed dis story. Pls don't forget to mention me when the part two begins.
I will do just that. Thank u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Emediong"(the Gods Have Blessed) An African Traditional Love Story / STORY: Keeping Up With The Adventures Of Slutty Ngozi / The Story Of A 'SWEET' Examination Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.