Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,679 members, 7,827,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. (3147 Views)

Identical Twin Brothers To Marry Identical Twin Sisters Then Live Together(Pics) / 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion / Reasons Not To Trust All Photos You See On The Internet(Amazing Photograhy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
To a lot of people, it seems to make sense that a wise step in knowing if you are compatible to marry would be to "test run" your relationship by living together first. But, is it really as good of an idea as it seems like it would be?

Why living together before marriage is a bad idea:

1. Those are who live together are least likely to marry each other.

2. You lose the excitement and thrill the honeymoon will bring.

3. While many women look at it as a stepping stone to marriage, most men look at it for convenience and not firm commitment.

4. Those who live together have higher divorce and separation rates.

5. Those who live together do not experience the best sex.

6. Those who live together, have more disagreement, fights and violence.

7. Many times, people who live together before getting married, upset their families or friends who have strict religious beliefs. It can create a rift in the family which can be difficult to repair.

Between, I love this weather....uhhh. If you're cold, cover yourself with the Blood of Jesus grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by olac21(m): 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
No 6-for your mind
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by vizkiz: 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
we already know this. But that doesn't mean you will not come and spend a week in my house and I wouldn't test drive you to the dept to know gallant you are undecided
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by jnrbayano(m): 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
Living together before marriage makes a mockery of the reverse dowry whenever it's eventually paid.

That's if it will be paid.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
olac21:
No 6-for your mind

You don't agree with that?
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
jnrbayano:
Living together before marriage makes a mockery of the dowry whenever it's eventually paid.

Exactly, some people end up paying nothing
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by AfroKnight: 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hmmm. Somehow, you didn't say it's morally wrong. The world is really changing.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by AfroKnight: 3:35pm On Apr 28, 2016
jnrbayano:
Living together before marriage makes a mockery of the reverse dowry whenever it's eventually paid.

Bro, you are right. I think the bride price should be slashed to half the price and even that should be negotiated lower. Tokunbo cannot be the same price as tear rubber.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
AfroKnight:
Hmmm. Somehow, you didn't say it's morally wrong. The world is really changing.

Really So, what are the reasons for? To prove its right?
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:
To a lot of people, it seems to make sense that a wise step in knowing if you are compatible to marry would be to "test run" your relationship by living together first. But, is it really as good of an idea as it seems like it would be?

3. While many women look at it as a stepping stone to marriage, most men look at it for convenience and not firm commitment.

7. Many times, people who live together before getting married, upset their families or friends who have strict religious beliefs. It can create a rift in the family which can be difficult to repair.

I love this weather....uhhh. If you're cold, cover yourself with the Blood of Jesus grin
well spoken beauty kiss
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
Mmm...I dunno but I don't agree at all... cool
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by AfroKnight: 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Really So, what are the reasons for? To prove its right?

Certainly not to prove it's MORALLY wrong. I was just observing anyway. Not challenging you.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by pcoolioz(m): 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
Story... how else would I know the manners you have which I would eventually find disgusting? better to live together for a bit and break up than to not live together get married and break up.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
BlueEyeBalls:
well spoken beauty kiss

Thanks hunnae...muahh kiss
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by HolyHero: 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
It may be bad but it's not illegal...

Besides bad is not a bad word
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by IamLEGEND1: 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
KashyBaby:
Mmm...I dunno but I don't agree at all... cool

Wanna share reasons If not, you should move in with pcoolioz angry

Just kidding hunnae grin
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Thanks hunnae...muahh kiss
mmm...welcome angel smiley
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by ronald4lif(m): 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
Seems your list is based on personal convictions and sentiments with no grounded basis to support your points. Just the number 2 appears factual the rest have no grounds whatsoever.

They don't experience best sex, lest likely to get married and likely to divorce blablabla please where did you pull out this piffle from?
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
ronald4lif:
Seems your list is based on personal convictions and sentiments with no grounded basis to support your points. Just the number 2 appears factual the rest have no grounds whatsoever.

They don't experience best sex, lest likely to get married and likely to divorce blablabla please where did you pull out this piffle from?

From my head sir. Just like you said, personal convictions and things i see happening around me.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by iyke1989(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
its most definitely necessary to live together before marriage, even if its for a lil while...that's where u build all marriage virtues between partners and decide if ure right for each other (courtship)....trust, care, understanding..LOVE!!
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by osesology(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nonsense!!!!!
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
Only a desperate woman will live with a man b4 marriage. No 1 nd 2 so true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
iyke1989:
its most definitely necessary to live together before marriage, even if its for a lil while...that's where u build all marriage virtues between partners and decide if ure right for each other (courtship)....trust, care, understanding..LOVE!!

Are you saying its not possible to build or achieve all these without living together?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2016
osesology:
Nonsense!!!!!

Lol, don't know why but this made me laugh
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
I do not quite agree with this.. Ok, maybe I disagree to agree.

Why?

Because the exact opposite of all you laid down up there can also happen.

Things happen in two ways: Its either it happens in and with a positive timeline or negative timeline.. It takes two to tang o..
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by iyke1989(m): 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Are you saying its not possible to build or achieve all these without living together?
hell yea it is...that's if they are unsubtle beings...but mind u, one could modify his/her character and look good from a distance...but not when u bedding with ur partner daily, there's always a spotting difference, and it could help in sorting spouses
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
AirSultan:
I do not quite agree with this.. Ok, maybe I disagree to agree.

Why?

Because the exact opposite of all you laid down up there can also happen.

Things happen in two ways: Its either it happens in and with a positive timeline or negative timeline.. It takes two to tang o..

I disagree never to agree angry
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by KingRex1(m): 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Between, I love this weather....uhhh. If you're cold, cover yourself with the Blood of Jesus grin
Hey c'mon, in as much as u wrote for a good course, there so many faults contained in this writeup. Itsa thumbs down

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 4:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
iyke1989:
hell yea it is...that's if they are unsubtle beings...but mind u, one could modify his/her character and look good from a distance...but not when u bedding with ur partner daily, there's always a spotting difference, and it could help in sorting spouses

So, if they bed each other daily, and find out they can't tolerate each other's differences, it leads to Number one isn't it?
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingRex1:
Hey c'mon, in as much as u wrote for a good course, there so many faults contained in this writeup. Itsa thumbs down

Ok undecided
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by asids55: 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

So, if they bed each other daily, and find out they can't tolerate each other's differences, it leads to Number one isn't it?

is it not better it goes south during courtship, than after they already get married??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos That Can Make You Hate Kissing In Public / If U Spend For Her On Val And Neva Sex Her U Are A Mugu / Hook Up For A Serious Relationship Through Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.