Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion (13995 Views)

JAPA: 8 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Do Long Distance Relationships / Reasons Not to marry adult ladies / Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by daewoorazer(m): 2:13am On Apr 30, 2018
Earth is beautiful right? If you ask me, I’d say yes! All thanks to variety. While I may loathe a perfectionist, to some, it’s their oasis in a scorching desert!

However, have u realized these characteristics of perfectionists??

1. They are too serious:

They do not joke with anything. They have their schedules planned ahead. They give you time for a meeting/date, know you are messed up if you arrive a minute late. It doesn’t matter if it was your boss who kept you longer than needed in the office, neither do they care if the circumstances surrounding your lateness is beyond your control.

2. They are loners:

They are masters at privacy related matters. They don’t welcome visitors because of the sole reason that they’d reconfigure their supposed configured room. They don’t want you to ruffle their properly spread duvet/bedsheet. Friends can go to hell.

3. They are less romantic:

Don’t be surprised if your girlfriend doesn’t wanna kiss you because she doesn’t wanna ruin her lipstick sad
She just did her hair so you can’t make love to her at the moment. They are all shades of brittleness!

4. They are hot tempered:

Did you quickly use his thing and didn’t return it to where it was? You are in for a hot soup!

5. They are usually stingy:

Not only monetarily, they can’t afford to lend friends their stuffs, no they are the only ones who can treat such stuff the right way and they don’t give a damn!
Should I mention the fact that they save new money notes in neat conditions for months; even when they are hungry? No they’d rather starve than spend a beautiful ‘untouch’ ‘aganran’ N500 note.

6. They are less creative:

Checkout the room configuration of a perfectionist today and contrast 10 years after, nothing would have changed. They are fixated on certain positions, other possibilities is DOA!

7. They battle obsession!

A perfectionist friend of mine will return an order in a restaurant if the attendant who served her food put meat on the rice rather than in a different bowl. Wtf??

8. They hardly get wealthy!

You scared? Yes and I mean it. Perfectionists suck at risk taking. Who are they to put up capital for business? They’d rather work under someone with their salary fixed than struggle with the thought of money loss trying to build a business.
Have you a friend who would rather borrow money from you than collect 50k from her N1M balance in the bank to pay her child’s school fees? grin
She doesn’t wanna fall short of being called a millionaire. How sweet?

Add yours!

10 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by nuggarito: 2:18am On Apr 30, 2018
Sorry I don't quite agree with the last one, I can tell that many perfectionist are rich due to their focused outstanding lifestyle.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by daewoorazer(m): 2:20am On Apr 30, 2018
nuggarito:
Sorry I don't quite agree with the last one, I can tell that many perfectionist are rich due to their focused outstanding lifestyle.

You said rich, I mentioned wealthy
I understand why you disagree sir!

Salary may make you rich, business is what gives you wealth your highness grin

21 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by SoapQueen(f): 2:20am On Apr 30, 2018
nuggarito:

A two edge sword, Sir. Perfectionism is a trait exhibited by people who suffer from low self-esteem.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 30, 2018
And dis haven't hit font page
Come on Lalasticlala this thread should have been there even before creating your Monika. undecided

@ Topic. There are good sides to a perfectionists viewpoint of matters though. I prefer them by a distance to the "anything goes" folks who does things anyhow yagayaga. grin

6 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by babyfaceafrica: 6:16am On Apr 30, 2018
Two many generalizations....let's start from being creative.. Most perfectionist are introverts with a combination of melancholic sanguine/choleric.....according to Tim lahaye of blessed memory..there is no greater creative mind than one who is melacholic..it is a gift

Loners.......probably..if they don't welcome you..stay in your lane...at least they are honest..what about those that will welcome you and stab you at the back!!!

Wealthy.....you need to move around more...lots of wealthy perfectionist people..try bill gates.

Less romantic...... Are you high on ukwani weed?..,a perfectionist is very romantic..the only drawback is rarely shows that in public..if you get to know them personally.. They are very romantic tand have intense feelings.

Hot tempered.......you are talking balderdash;;..every human being has two main problems.... Fear and anger.....though in different degrees.. How those being perfect relate to being hot tempered.A perfectionist may be livid for not being in his standard..but so can a none perfectionist for having no standard

Too serious.... How is that a bad thing?.... If you want to play.. Kindly go to the amusement part and play..or go to the beach and play with sand...being serious is good... That means the individual will take you serious...I will rather go with someone that is too serious than one that is less serious..you don't make money by being playful..life is serious business

Stingy...... Bia....why will you say perfectionist are stingy?..so they should be dashing you money and freebies?..people are stingy because they are stingy..it is not a trait of perfectionist... Many akagum people who are not perfectionist

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by babyfaceafrica: 6:17am On Apr 30, 2018
daewoorazer:

You said rich, I mentioned wealthy
I understand why you disagree sir!

Salary may make you rich, business is what gives you wealth your highness grin

so you think perfectionist are not wealthy?...you need to move around more

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:09am On Apr 30, 2018
No's 5,6,7,8.,are all rubbish. Try doing ur research well pls.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by smart6(m): 7:51am On Apr 30, 2018
OP...
Some of Ur points may not be absolute and valid. My opinion on the case is one perfectionist should NOT marry another. The relationship will be like a serious official meeting all the time.

6 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by BedLam: 11:01am On Apr 30, 2018
And you know anyone that does this is a perfectionist or how many perfectionist do you know and have met in real life and lived with for a considerate amount of time? Have you studied them? What's your profession?

Tired of people with no in-depth knowledge of a particular subject but then come out telling the public things they've perceived and assumed.

This is "quackery"!

Imagine saying being serious has to do with being a perfectionist?

All I see in your post is glorifying laziness and lackluster culture.

And the dinwits will come here telling us " nice piece", "great post".

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Emereolevanwill(m): 11:02am On Apr 30, 2018
Great piece
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by itiswellandwell: 11:02am On Apr 30, 2018
Hmmmmm. Learnt something.

Check my signature for your quality customised Atm card flash drive.
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2018
I am not a perfectionist
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by iihtNigeria: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2018
True
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by LordKO(m): 11:04am On Apr 30, 2018
Perfectionism is an illusion. Perfection is only of the sole creator of the universe.

Unfortunately, what most people mistake for a perfectionist is someone whose self esteem is rooted in weak self-sufficiency. Show me an assumed perfectionist and I'll point to you a narcissistic and conceited person.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 30, 2018
I am a perfectionist and I could suck the joy off you if you're a lazy tardy arse. I don't tolerate 2nd best both for myself and my babe, she just has to be on point especially in her career.
That said, Nos 4-8 are a hasty generalization that smirks of a poor homework by the Op.
Anger issues? Meh! Some ppl wonder if I ever get angry cos I'd just laugh it off and use your mistakes to yab you.
Wealth? Duh!! Do I really need to comment on this? wealth speaks for itself.
Stingy? lol lol lol, if anything, as a Mel-Phleg, I wouldn't blow my trumpet.
My honest advice: If you can't handle bluntness and criticism, don't befriend a perfectionist. We no dey look face.

13 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 30, 2018
Nice Write-up, Op! Evenif the Queen(of my heart) is such(not that she is, but in contrast would find a solution to it), I will still go ahead & marry her. Atleast being perfect isn't a crime but the way one displays it, is a hinge. Please, evenif you see your partner as said above, will you remould the person with clay to suit you? No! Just pray for the right one, don't look beyond or less perfection. Be Moderate!
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by fresherdanU: 11:05am On Apr 30, 2018
THEY DO GET VERY WEALTHY SIR. DONT GET IT TWISTED

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 30, 2018
babyfaceafrica:

Gbam! cheesy By the way, everyone has his/her flaws. Angela Watson said- "Perfection is impossible; just strive to do your best".

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by sammirano: 11:08am On Apr 30, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
Two many generalizations....let's start from being creative.. Most perfectionist are introverts with a combination of melancholic sanguine/choleric.....according to Tim lahaye of blessed memory..there is no greater creative mind than one who is melacholic..it is a gift

Loners.......probably..if they don't welcome you..stay in your lane...at least they are honest..what about those that will welcome you and stab you at the back!!!

Wealthy.....you need to move around more...lots of wealthy perfectionist people..try bill gates.

Less romantic...... Are you high on ukwani weed?..,a perfectionist is very romantic..the only drawback is rarely shows that in public..if you get to know them personally.. They are very romantic tand have intense feelings.

Hot tempered.......you are talking balderdash;;..every human being has two main problems.... Fear and anger.....though in different degrees.. How those being perfect relate to being hot tempered.A perfectionist may be livid for not being in his standard..but so can a none perfectionist for having no standard

Too serious.... How is that a bad thing?.... If you want to play.. Kindly go to the amusement part and play..or go to the beach and play with sand...being serious is good... That means the individual will take you serious...I will rather go with someone that is too serious than one that is less serious..you don't make money by being playful..life is serious business

Stingy...... Bia....why will you say perfectionist are stingy?..so they should be dashing you money and freebies?..people are stingy because they are stingy..it is not a trait of perfectionist... Many akagum people who are not perfectionist

I can relate.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by madenigga(m): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2018
Thats a lie.

I am a perfectionist, from the time i was small anything i did was always d best even if its my first time highest i wud be average.

Perfectionist are good strategists, the worst decision you can make in business is compete with a perfectionist. They make you feel like you are not even trying.

In the serious part its true most perfectionist dont have much friends, me wenever i see my mates gather in the street an like wetin we want talk.

In dating most perfevtionist date to marry the only problem is getting into a relaionship with one, if yoy and a perfectionist fix a date by 5pm and you show up late he or she wud get angry.

A perfectionist greatesr problem is trying to live with others or copy others. If a perfectionist is your roomate 2 of you might have issues i.e house keepimg issues making sure the house is arranged.

If he is your boss you might find it difficult to please him or her unless you yourself is a perfextionist.

A perfectionist is very creative and inmovative, a perfectionist has the power to turn even broken plates into artwork

8 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by rastaLivity: 11:09am On Apr 30, 2018
op's write-up couldn't be further from the truth
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by AnikeAyaOba(f): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2018
1,2,3,5....oh my lordy very true and correct they are so boring...I can't just stand them there thinking is always differ from others...in fact.... hmmmn
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Herrmes: 11:13am On Apr 30, 2018
Fluke
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by XhosaNostra(f): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2018
This is me, except for #3.

I'm an idealist & a romantic at heart.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Herrmes: 11:18am On Apr 30, 2018
SoapQueen:

A two edge sword, Sir. Perfectionism is a trait exhibited by people who suffer from low self-esteem.
Are you sure?
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by oreslaw: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2018
babyfaceafrica:

come e be like say u date one before.
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Demayour: 11:20am On Apr 30, 2018
What about Paul Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple? Though some of the points raised were correct. He was shown the back door at Apple because of his perfectionist attitude where he treated almost everyone like trash. He was such a perfectionist that he couldn't find suitable furniture for one of his mansions. But he was creative and wealthy and if not for him, Apple wouldn't be where it is today.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by kense88: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2018
Bunch of crap. Just an excuse for your unorganized, wayward life style. People like you would want to kiss your babe without brushing your teeth and when she complains, she becomes a perfectionist. Perfectionist are actually very reliable and a joy to have around.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by BafanaBafana: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2018
There's someone for everyone
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 30, 2018
I can’t marry a perfectionist because they always have an excuse. They compare you to their past often and to be honest when you finally see who they settle with lol after all the modifications they wanted to you to make on your body or in your body you thank God it wasn’t you

I have always said since I was young I’ll rather struggle than make it but be denied heaven because it wasn’t the right way
Re: 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion by Herrmes: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2018
BedLam:
And you know anyone that does this is a perfectionist or how many perfectionist do you know and have met in real life and lived with for a considerate amount of time? Have you studied them? What's your profession?

Tired of people with no in-depth knowledge of a particular subject but then come out telling the public things they've perceived and assumed.

This is "quackery"!

Imagine saying being serious has to do with being a perfectionist?

All I see in your post is glorifying laziness and lackluster culture.

And the dinwits will come here telling us " nice piece", "great post".

If I could I would like this twice, or thrice, or a hundred times, I don't understand how anyone could glorify laziness in whatever culture.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Pay This Girl 30k Per Night - See What She Sent Me (video / When 'love' Makes You Cry / Complexities Of Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.