Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,628 members, 7,851,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:43 PM

Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? (43565 Views)

Poll: Does the New Testament require us to tithe?

Yes: 38% (28 votes)
No: 61% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Says God Can Not Change Your Story (photo) / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Ovamboland(m): 10:02am On Jan 14, 2010
Heb 7:27 He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself.

Did any of you notice this verse, all those attempting to pay God money(tithes) for services rendered
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 10:05am On Jan 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

The answer is simple . The pastors, prophets etc are the priests to recieve on the behalf of Christ our highpriest. They are the 5fold ministry gift given to perfect the body of christ

Numbers 18:7
Therefore thou and thy sons with thee shall keep your priest's office for every thing of the altar, and within the vail; and ye shall serve: I have given your priest's office unto you as a service of gift: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.

Now we are talking about a new priestly office superior to the Levitical priesthood, and you justify your position with quotes concerning the Levitical priesthood. Na wa for you. There is no correlation between your quote from Ephesians and tithing.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Bearshare(m): 10:07am On Jan 14, 2010
Am i wrong for choosing to pay tithe? I have received several blessings and dont think i'll ever turn my back
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 10:30am On Jan 14, 2010
Bearshare:

Am i wrong for choosing to pay tithe? I have received several blessings and dont think i'll ever turn my back

There is nothing wrong with you rendering a tenth of your income to the church if that is what you want to do (my personal view). But if you pay it because you are afraid God will punish you for non-compliance, it means you dont really know why you tithe.

I dont know about the blessing part.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 10:32am On Jan 14, 2010
Zikkyy:

Now we are talking about a new priestly office superior to the Levitical priesthood, and you justify your position with quotes concerning the Levitical priesthood. Na wa for you. There is no correlation between your quote from Ephesians and tithing.  

As long as there is highpriest there would be priests. Is is relative and simple grammar. There are illustrations under the law that reveals Gods principles. the bible may be silent on the priests that worked with Melchizedech bt it is simple comon sense to know that what make a man highpriest is because there are lower priests with him.The structure was documented clearly under levitical priesthood.

God under the law gave moses a structure of Terbanacle but if you read revelation you realise it is thesame structiure the temple in heaven has.

There are things under the law that reveals God fundermental principles  and Christ didnt take such away. So as he chose the priest as MINISTRY GIFTS so also as he chosen pators prophets etc as MINISTRY GIFTS. to funtion as priests .
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 11:04am On Jan 14, 2010
Zikkyy:

There is nothing wrong with you rendering a tenth of your income to the church if that is what you want to do (my personal view). But if you pay it because you are afraid God will punish you for non-compliance, it means you dont really know why you tithe.

I dont know about the blessing part.

Nobody need to give tithe out of fear of God cursing him or killing him. God does not curse anybody.The bible is clear

2 Cor. 9:7
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

We give tithe out of love and respect for God.

Every blessing of God has condition of compliance for us to recieve. There sre steps of faith we need to take to walk in blessing. There are several graces in God which we are left to activate by our steps of faith. They ae principles in God .
For example God says " with long life will i satisfy thee" but there are steps of faith to take to function in this grace of longevity.
what is the secret " HONOR YOUR PARENTS

Exodus 20:12
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

That means if You dont honour your parents , youll die before your time
Thesame way there is a grace attached to tithing He will rebuke devourer
There is a grace attached to giving to the poor prov 19:17
there is a grace attached to knowledge, " grace and peace be multiplied to you through , knowledge 1pet 1:2
There is a grace attach to prayer , "watch and pray lest you fall into temptation (mat 26:41)
there is a grace attached to meditation, 1 tim 1:15, psalm 1. josh 1:7,8

God is not the one that send devourer. he is working already. but a man activate his security finacially by his tithing and the devourer is rebuked. You dont need to threaten anybody to tithe.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by aletheia(m): 11:41am On Jan 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

The pastors are the priests .
And the congregation of believers is. . .what?

1. Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
2. 1 Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
3. 1 Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Do you even understand what you read in your bible? Or are you just parroting rote responses from your MOGs? Or are you like the Israelites:

2 Co 3:14-17 But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away. Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge;
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

As long as there is highpriest there would be priests. Is is relative and simple grammar. There are illustrations under the law that reveals Gods principles. the bible may be silent on the priests that worked with Melchizedech bt it is simple comon sense to know that what make a man highpriest is because there are lower priests with him.The structure was documented clearly under levitical priesthood.

God under the law gave moses a structure of Terbanacle but if you read revelation you realise it is thesame structiure the temple in heaven has.

There are things under the law that reveals God fundermental principles and Christ didnt take such away. So as he chose the priest as MINISTRY GIFTS so also as he chosen pators prophets etc as MINISTRY GIFTS. to funtion as priests .

Please don’t add to the bible.

It appears you still believe in the sacrifices offered by the Levitical priests. As long as you keep comparing the priesthood of Christ with that of men, we will always have this discussion.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by KunleOshob(m): 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ogajim(m): 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

There are things under the law that reveals God fundermental principles  and Christ didnt take such away. So as he chose the priest as MINISTRY GIFTS so also as he chosen pators prophets etc as MINISTRY GIFTS. to funtion as priests .

Dude, you need to Study Revelation again and when you do, you could gain enough knowledge to kick this habit.

The same way there is a grace attached to tithing He will rebuke devourer : Are you kidding me? shocked shocked shocked

Please don't compare God's grace to a Mechanic that you have to pay for services rendered. Obviously, you need some "work" before you start traveling to Greece with Tonye-tithe and digging up scrolls to justify this scam. You remind me of my two year old, ECHO cheesy
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2010
aletheia:

1. Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
2. 1 Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
3. 1 Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

You didnt read my earlier write up well i believe. We are all priest unto God , A holy nation.  The equality we have in christ as believers does not take away offices and position in spiritual leadership in the church.

In the old testament they were all priest unto God

Exodus 19:6
   And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

But the mistake youre making is the lack of understanding of spiritual leadership among the people of God. Some folks came to Moses and made thesame claim .

Numbers 16:3
   And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the Lord is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the Lord?

Thats the mistake some people make especially those who reject pastoral leadership in their lives. You need to submiit to a pastor even though we are all priest. Some priests are anointed over others.

Hebrews 13:17
   Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Ephes. 4:11-12
   And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; [12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

Every blessing of God has condition of compliance for us to recieve. There sre steps of faith we need to take to walk in blessing. There are several graces in God which we are left to activate by our steps of faith. They ae principles in God .

Joagbaje:

Thesame way there is a grace attached to tithing He will rebuke devourer

God is not the one that send devourer. he is working already. but a man activate his security finacially by his tithing and the devourer is rebuked. You dont need to threaten anybody to tithe.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Are you saying i must tithe to receive certain blessings? Are you saying i am not financially secured if i dont tithe. How did you arrive at this conclusion Mr. Joagaje? Are you saying there are no financially secured non-tithers on the globe? I need to understand this better, educate me please.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Bearshare(m): 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2010
I dont see anything wrong in what the OP has posted, besides he never advocated for compulsory tithing like he mentioned.

Oga Zikkyy,

I dont pay tithe out of Fear for the men of God but for the Fear of God and the fear of God is the true beginning of Knowledge AND wisdom. anyone who does his or her out of fear i dont think is still any body's bizziness!
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ogajim(m): 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2010
Are you saying i must tithe to receive certain blessings? Are you saying i am not financially secured if i dont tithe. How did you arrive at this conclusion Mr. Joagaje? Are you saying there are no financially secured non-tithers on the globe? I need to understand this better, educate me please.

Joe, please let us know which Church Bill Gates and Warren Buffet pay their tithe to as well. These are pathetic losers masquerading as preachers because of gullible folks they can defraud.

Stealing while holding a gun, constitution or the Bible is STEALING.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2010
aletheia:

Zikkyy link=topic=307798.msg5313732#msg5313732 date=1263469944:

Please don’t add to the bible.

It appears you still believe in the sacrifices offered by the Levitical priests. As long as you keep comparing the priesthood of Christ with that of men, we will always have this discussion.

Ask yourself what do priests do

Do you even understand what you read in your bible? Or are you just parroting rote responses from your MOGs? Or are you like the Israelites:

2 Co 3:14-17 But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away. Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge;

Christ didnt abolish sacrifce offerings, worship. He only fulfilled one and replaced the order.
Hebrews 13:15
   By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2010
Bearshare:

I dont see anything wrong in what the OP has posted, besides he never advocated for compulsory tithing like he mentioned.

Its obvious you dont know my man Tonye-t.

Bearshare:

Oga Zikkyy,

I dont pay tithe out of Fear for the men of God but for the Fear of God and the fear of God is the true beginning of Knowledge AND wisdom. anyone who does his or her out of fear i dont think is still any body's bizziness!

I can see you dont really know why you tithe, you sound like those guys that tithe hoping to be wash away with a flood of blessing as you step out of the church. I hope you can swim. Nobody cares whether you tithe out of fear or out of ignorance, its your money. Thats is not what we are discussing here.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

Christ didnt abolish sacrifce offerings, worship. He only fulfilled one and replaced the order.
Hebrews 13:15
    By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

There are some other verses in Hebrews 13 that might interest you, i will add some below

[i]5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
   "Never will I leave you;
      never will I forsake you[/i]

16And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

My concern is i cant relate your quotes to tithing. Maybe you can help.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2010
ogajim:

Is like asking me "if you dont plant will somethng not grow in your farm .Definately your farm will produce something but not exactly what you want, unless you sow a specific seed.
There are graces in God , we are not talking about unmerited favour.There are two major kinds of graces.

1[b] umerited favour [/b] : this is what most people use in generic term for grace.Rain is by grace , air ,sunshine. you dont need to do anything about it. It is part of Gods general blessing. But there are some things a man cant experience until he is born again.  

2 Supernatural ability.             : This is a supernatural ability that a man walks in blessings that are not general.

God has blessed us already even from the foundation of the worldd but that doesnt guaratee that you will recieve it. There are steps of faith we must take to recieve. It is not on Gods part now but on our part to recieve.

when i tithe  I create an atmosphere against the devourer. when i Honour my parents (giving) i live long.
Come to think of this why would paul quote old testament law for a christian?

Ephes. 6:2-3
   Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promisewink [3] That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

So you need to understand what Jesus abolished and what is a fundermental principle of God.
Jesus spoke against the sabbath and violated it beacause he was the fulfilment of it. Pauld spoke against circumcision because it was a shaddow. Nobody spoke againt tithe.  

ogajim:

Joe, please let us know which Church Bill Gates and Warren Buffet pay their tithe to as well. These are pathetic losers masquerading as preachers because of gullible folks they can defraud.
Stealing while holding a gun, constitution or the Bible is STEALING.

Well i know youre not really asking a queston here but rather making mockery. But I have this to say To you. God allows an unsaved man to make money for several reasons, .  The bible says the wicked  mad lay up wealth for the just. where is Micheal jackson today, what about all the money, where are all our old senators and past leaders. That doesnt mean every unsaved ma is wicked. if any seek God truly ,He will be found of them.
But several scriptures talks about the wicked man who prospers. i will just give you one.
Psalm 73:2-3
   But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. [3] For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

Psalm 73:6-21
   Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment. , They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth. ,  When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me; [17)Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. , Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction. [19] How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.
, So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

The simple issue is if you tithe you reap the benefit of tithing
If you speak in tongues you reap the benefit of it
if you pray , you reap the benefit of praying. etc
And if you dont tithe you miss out of it benefit.  its not by force
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2010
Zikkyy:

There are some other verses in Hebrews 13 that might interest you, i will add some below

[i]5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you[/i]

16And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
My concern is i cant relate your quotes to tithing. Maybe you can help.

What God is against is covetousnes and not prosperity. Jesus was clear.
Matthew 6:24
Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

We dont serve money but money serves us. God is not against our prosperity. These scriptures might interest you too.
2 Cor. 8:9
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Deut. 8:18
But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

Psalm 35:27
, "" Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

Jesus died for us to prosper that was major part of the mandate he gave Paul

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

But the wealth of the Christian is to propagate the gospel and not for personal selfish use.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

Is like asking me "if you dont plant will somethng not grow in your farm .Definately your farm will produce something but not exactly what you want, unless you sow a specific seed.
There are graces in God , we are not talking about unmerited favour.There are two major kinds of graces.

1[b] umerited favour [/b] : this is what most people use in generic term for grace.Rain is by grace , air ,sunshine. you dont need to do anything about it. It is part of Gods general blessing. But there are some things a man cant experience until he is born again.

2 Supernatural ability. : This is a supernatural ability that a man walks in blessings that are not general.

Joagbaje:

And if you dont tithe you miss out of it benefit. its not by force

You talk about the benefits of tithing here, but refused to mention what these benefits are. What are the specific blessings attributable to tithing? Maybe some of will consider tithing if these benefits are revealed. I simply see this as fraudulent on the part of the pastor preaching tithing (due to non-disclosure), or a display of ignorance by the tither.

Joagbaje:

when i tithe I create an atmosphere against the devourer.

And you are so sure the non-tither is not immune to the devourer?

Joagbaje:

Pauld spoke against circumcision because it was a shaddow. Nobody spoke againt tithe.

Nobody spoke for tithe either. The Apostles never saw tithe as a requirement for christians, thats why you will not find any write up on tithe in the new testament other than the Mathew 23:23 quote i hear from Tonye-t. It was never practiced by the new testament christians.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

Come to think of this why would paul quote old testament law for a christian?

That was not a quote from the old testament. Please read from chapter 5, It has to do with moral conduct/behavioural expectations.

Joagbaje:

Jesus died for us to prosper that was major part of the mandate he gave Paul

If this is what you take out of Christ sacrifice, or if you believe Paul's time was spent creating weath, it's really sad then.

I begin to get the impression that a lot of people simply tithe to get out of difficult situations, while some tithe to retain their 'wealthy' status (not to forget those that probably surrender their money because the pastor requested for it). I agree it's not my business what people do with their money, but practice of justifying the need to tithe by twisting the scriptures really makes me wanna cry
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ogajim(m): 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2010
And if you dont tithe you miss out of it benefit.  its not by force

I don't even think we will get anywhere with you just like your "boy" Tonye-tithe or tithed Tony!

I don't believe there is any benefit to paying a % to your MOG in the name of God but if you do, it's your money and I can't tell you what to do with it.

It is REQUIRED for a Christian to have the power/will/chutzpa to discern instead of echoing whatever your MOG "teaches" or become total "ditto heads" : "speaking in tongues" ('language of hell' to some folks) is another scam some of these guys peddle and twist to their advantage despite the Bible being very clear on this.

1Cor. 14:26-31 || tongue speaking study

Love:

1 Thess. 4:6
1 John4:7-21

We must be careful when it comes to God.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2010
From your response ,That could only mean one thing. You dont speak in Tongues and that means youve not yet recieve the holyghost and that gives me understanding why you may not understand the bible so well and also have understanding of spiritual things.

Well i dont know if also youre born again. Because it will be hard to communicate some things to you.
1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Cor. 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Mark 16:17-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by mysterioux: 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2010
if i'm left to drop a full fledge biblical statements and belief i will ignite a lot of feelings at this thread. However, I'll speak it plain and simple

1. Does speaking in tongues make you a christian? And if it does, what exactly does the bible say about speaking in tongues ? And why do we believe that speaking in tongues is some kind of words expression that men could not understand. But that strongly contradicts the bible explaination of Speaking in tongues (I'm open to heart-2-heart discussion about this),
"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance (Acts 2)

2. The question "Are you Born again", Let me ask you "How do you know who is or who is not a Christian?", By their fruit (works) you shall know them

3. The issue about Tithe has been misrepresented in alot of ways, I will be post a new thread in response to the true way of tithing, God introduce as a similiar loyalty test He gave to Adam & Eve, God does not need our money, but our hearts, but in response to helping the movement of His church, He expects us to show loyalty by returning to Him what he had given us (10%) is not a big deal, He's even as for 0.1 of all your have, (Should we still rob Him of such offer?)
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ogajim(m): 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2010
From your response ,That could only mean one thing. You dont speak in Tongues and that means youve not yet recieve the holyghost and that gives me understanding why you may not understand the bible so well and also have understanding of spiritual things.

I can tell from your response that you might be one of those who equate being born again with speaking in tongues shocked

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance (Acts 2)

Now you tell me what prompts most of those "tongue speaking" we get to see so often because it is different from what the Bible tells us in the highlighted portion.
While you're at it, you might as well explain to us why Jesus Christ our redeemer, Savior, High Priest gave us "The Lord's prayer" instead of something more 'dramatic'.

I know we're getting off "topic" here but you get my drift I am sure.

Shalom.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by PastorAIO: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

Mark 16:17-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mister Agbaje, if you can drink poison and pick up a poisonous snake with your bare hands, I swear I will never argue with you again, I will become your disciple. But until you do so in front of my eyes I will not believe that you even believe in christ because you don't have the full signs that follow those who believe.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

Well i dont know if also youre born again. Because it will be hard to communicate some things to you.

Was this post directed at Zikkyy or Ogajim?

So your conclusion is that one have to be born gain to understand why tithe must be paid to the church/pastor. Funny. Let me assume you are trying to create an escape hatch of sort here.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ttalks(m): 9:22pm On Jan 14, 2010
Anyone who's been following this thread ought to know who this is . . . . .

grin grin

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by JeSoul(f): 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2010
ttalks:

grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 I know I know! LOL  grin

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Enigma(m): 10:58pm On Jan 14, 2010
grin grin

I see things are still "cooling" here.

@ Joagbaje

Please forgive me because I'm going to sound like I am talking down to you though that is not my intention at all. The truth is I genuinely feel ever so so sorry that (while I accept you as a brother Christian), I believe that you have been misled into believing things different from the true gospel of Christ. You see, the logic you put forward and the Bible passages you cite (as well as the way you use them) indicate that you have been swayed by a false gospel known as the "prosperity gospel" - which in truth is no gospel at all. My prayer is that one day (by the grace of God), you will come to see the "prosperity gospel" for the sham (and vomit of satan) that it is.

@ all

A lot of the so called pro-tithing argument put forward by the tithe defenders suggest that we should have sympathy for our brethren here in that we can see clearly that they have been misled. The "prosperity pastors", both American and Nigerian, who many misguided people see as "christian superstars" (especially when they see them on TV including that chief of thieves' den TBN) have so deceived our people by false logic that our people cannot recognise the true gospel from "another gospel". You can see that a lot of our people equate Christianity with material prosperity. What the prosperity gospel fraudsters have done is to tap into the natural desire to be materially and financially comfortable and "spiritualise" this with lies and twisting of scripture. The result is that our people are deceived and brainwashed: our people feel that to be materially-minded is now spiritual since "god wants you to get wealth" (they will misuse scripture like Deuteronomy 8:18 and III John 2 among others).

Our people are so blinded that they refuse to see the examples and the teachings of Peter, of Paul, of James of Stephen; people who made sacrifices; people who were the pillars on whom Christ built His church; people who never preached this insane "prosperity" nonsense; people who never preached "tithing"; people who never preached 'give to get'; people of whom this world is unworthy.

Hebrews 11:36-39
36Some faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. 37They were stoned; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 38 the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground.

39These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. 40God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Oh yes, these people commended in Hebrews did not know the "prosperity gospel" of course, otherwise they would not have suffered these things!
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by TV01(m): 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2010
ttalks:

grin grin

lol!
Could it be our friendly neighbourhood religionist aka Tonye-Tongue-Twister-The-Tyrannical-Tithe-Teacher?
And could he be Seriously-Seeking-Supporting-Scrolls??

Have a safe journey back to home.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2010
Enigma:

@ all

Our people are so blinded that they refuse to see the examples and the teachings of Peter, of Paul, of James of Stephen; people who made sacrifices; people who were the pillars on whom Christ built His church; people who never preached this insane "prosperity" nonsense; people who never preached "tithing"; people who never preached 'give to get'; people of whom this world is unworthy.

Hebrews 11:36-39

Oh yes, these people commended in Hebrews did not know the "prosperity gospel" of course, otherwise they would not have suffered these things!

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (41) (Reply)

Human Robotic School Built In Ukraine By A Nigeria Pastor & Others (Photos) / Throwback Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Wife, Faith / Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.