Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208479 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 02, 2016
cloudgoddess:

I can certainly see where being conflicted on the matter can lead to suffering (ie being "on the fence", struggling with your identity, the discomfort of going against social norms, & questioning the meaning of life in absense of the dogma that once provided a meaning - albeit a sh*t one). I was once there as well, and I think every person who transitions from religious to atheist goes through that phase.

But my life personally has improved a lot since I abandoned religion completely - as in got off the fence and delved into enriching my life in other ways. It has to do with perception and of course what you put in the place of what religion once gave you. The perception that life is meaningless because there is no deity, for example, can very well be replaced with the perception that life is incredibly precious simply because of the rarity and complexity of human existence.

I find myself in literal awe sometimes when I think of the trillions of tiny cells in my body, working like factories to keep me alive without any control on my part. I marvel when I learn new scientific facts about how my body & other biological systems work, & it makes me truly astounded by nature & it's possibilities. It also makes me passionate about helping others understand. Learning about the cosmos is equally, if not moreso awe-inspiring.

I'm also an avid reader of books on human psychology, including those involving the mastery of our minds through understanding our thoughts and emotions. I practice secular mindfulness meditation, a westernized, scientifically supported adaptation of Buddhist meditation, and it's given me a life-changing perspective on my mental space, and deep inner peace I never previously thought possible; certainly one I never experienced with Christianity. What I've learned has also tremendously helped me develop and nurture more fulfilling relationships. Sometimes with some of the books I read, I find myself wondering, "Imagine if books like these were passed out to the masses instead of the bible or Qu'ran? How much more peaceful, understanding, and wise the world would be."

Anyway, I don't want to bore you with the details of my life & interests lol. My point is, there are plenty of ways to restore (& exceed) the personal fulfillment that religion & god beliefs once brought, especially now that we have so much access to valuable information. Exploring those ways can be a very exciting journey when one enters the endeavor with an open mind and overcomes that initially painful & confusing transition out of belief. I sincerely believe that you, and others who are in your position, can get there.

Welcome to the club! smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 3:57pm On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:

cheesy
I really enjoyed your story. Scammers everywhere
Lol, no be small stammers o, that woman get mind scam innocent sixteen year olds, upon say I told her my money was stolen, I had to borrow from my friends to pay for her no service rendered.grin

Wicked people everywhere.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by H2Ossss(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahahaha a public announcement as God allegedly did during Jesus' baptism in the bible would be nice.

We wonder how God went awol when we got video cameras after he usually showed his talents well in the bible wink

Let me draw out another discussion that i will take On when my phone is charged..

You know the bible paints a human-like God, even has a back as moses saw so more or less looks like humans.

Do you have that idea of a personal (can be said to be a person) God?

yes I do... after all we were made in his image.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 4:00pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

Welcome to the club! smiley wink
Wait, now you don't believe in god anymore?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 02, 2016
freecocoa:
Wait, now you don't believe in god anymore?

How did you come to such a conclusion?

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 4:06pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

How did you come to such a conclusion?
The post you quoted.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 4:07pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahahaha a public announcement as God allegedly did during Jesus' baptism in the bible would be nice.

We wonder how God went awol when we got video cameras after he usually showed his talents well in the bible wink

Let me draw out another discussion that i will take On when my phone is charged..

You know the bible paints a human-like God, even has a back as moses saw so more or less looks like humans.

Do you have that idea of a personal (can be said to be a person) God?

The gods people make always behave like them. Zora hurton

Johnnydon 22 , dont you ever wonder how come the jews and moses always saw angels with swords and never with ak47 . they always so angels riding horses and never cars. They always so god sitting upon a throne wearing a crown . this is obviously 2 much of a coincidence , the angels and god had attributes of the iron age era they were invented.

Swords . crowns . robes . which the jews already were using.

Angels using trumpets . trumpets used the same humans who invented them. Not piano but trumpets.

Iron chariots was a big deal to the isrealites and also coincidentally to god who could do nothing about them.

God sending horses to take elijah to heaven but not a ferrari or porsche.

God thinking stars were tiny objects just like the people who invented him.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Alfamann: 4:11pm On May 02, 2016
Zzyco:

Isaiah 14:27 And all the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Jesus is lord.

You are not making sense.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 02, 2016
freecocoa:
The post you quoted.

I was referring to the mediation and mindfulness part in particular. I still believe that the perfect harmony of the universe is not a coincidence. wink

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Alfamann: 4:13pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

I was referring to the mediation and mindfulness part in particular. I still believe that the perfect harmony of the universe is not a coincidence. wink

What perfect harmony?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 02, 2016
Alfamann:

What perfect harmony?

All planets are spinning in perfect distance to each other. It is amazing. The beauty of this planet and the variety of species is breath-taking. The life that flows through me and the awareness of it is beautiful.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 4:18pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

Oh! Okay.

If you don't mind my asking, do you have a religion? And what do you mean by perfect harmony?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Alfamann: 4:24pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

All planets are spinning in perfect distance to each other. It is amazing. The beauty of this planet and the variety of species is breath-taking. The life that flows through me and the awareness of it is beautiful.

WTF does the bolded mean?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 02, 2016
freecocoa:
Oh! Okay.

If you don't mind my asking, do you have a religion?

Does the belief in God make me have a religion? Then yes!

Do I consider myself a Christian, Muslim, Jew or Hindu? No!

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 02, 2016
Alfamann:

WTF does the bolded mean?

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 02, 2016
freecocoa:
Oh! Okay.

If you don't mind my asking, do you have a religion? And what do you mean by perfect harmony?

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 4:30pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

Alright, so which god do you believe in specifically or what is your idea of god?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Alfamann: 4:30pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

You're still repeating the same nonsense.

It's like saying the shape of my beard means the milky way is perfect.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by swaggzo(m): 4:32pm On May 02, 2016
Lessonteacher:
be sincere pls, do u smoke weed or use drugs?

I SMOKE ASSS undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ghost01(m): 4:32pm On May 02, 2016
chubbyswit:
Lolz c them frustrated atheists calling me chidish, illiterate, daft, etc. All it'll take God is just a flip of his thumbs and you guys'll seize to exist, then maybe ur spirit man'll get to see all the answers you seek, but the worst part of it is, you'll regret your decisions for eternity. Choice has been given 2 everybody, use it wisely
Flip of his thumb? And how many times have you seen that happen?

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

they are all the same bullshiit.. regurgitating the same myth and crap all over and over

Bullshit it is, still I want him, or her, to listen to both sides of the story
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 02, 2016
freecocoa:
Alright, so which god do you believe in specifically or what is your idea of god?

It is the life force / life energy flowing thorough you, me and everyone else. Quiet your mind and feel it. Beyond all your identifications, roles and judgements, you are pure awareness. We all are.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by swaggzo(m): 4:35pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

GOD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION EVEN ... THE BIBLE STORIES WERE WRITTEN OUT OF DRUNKENESS AND CONFUSION.
angry
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 02, 2016
swaggzo:

GOD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION EVEN
angry

Explain please.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

So trite, the planets weren't always in "perfect harmony" and we are just in another phase of an ever evolving trend.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 02, 2016
neoapocalypse:

So trite, the planets weren't always in "perfect harmony" and we are just in another phase of an ever evolving trend.

It still is AMAZING. And of course everything is evolving. That's the fun part in all of it. cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by swaggzo(m): 4:41pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

Explain please.

ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, THERE'S GOD THE CREATOR, JESUS THE CHRISTMAN, MOHAMED TO ISLAMIC GUY, AND ALL OTHER PROPHETS.

DIFFERENT TRADITIONS HAVE SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN, THEY REVERE THESE THINGS AND. .. GOD THE CREATOR DOESN'T EVEN GET AS MUCH CREDITS AS HE DESERVES.

GOD DIDN'T START ANY RELIGION HIMSELF. .. SO HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

BUT MEANWHILE ALL I JUST TYPED IS BULLSHIIT CUZ IN THE END YOU'LL FIND OUT THAT GOD DON'T EVEN EXIST
angry
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 02, 2016
swaggzo:

ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, THERE'S GOD THE CREATOR, JESUS THE CHRISTMAN, MOHAMED TO ISLAMIC GUY, AND ALL OTHER PROPHETS.

DIFFERENT TRADITIONS HAVE SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN, THEY REVERE THESE THINGS AND. .. GOD THE CREATOR DOESN'T EVEN GET AS MUCH CREDITS AS HE DESERVES.

GOD DIDN'T START ANY RELIGION HIMSELF. .. SO HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

BUT MEANWHILE ALL I JUST TYPED IS BULLSHIIT CUZ IN THE END YOU'LL FIND OUT THAT GOD DON'T EVEN EXIST
angry

@bold

You are entitled to YOUR OPINION. wink
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 4:43pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

It is the life force / life energy flowing thorough you, me and everyone else. Quiet your mind and feel it. Beyond all your identifications, roles and judgements, you are pure awareness. We all are.
So you are saying, the life flowing through us is what is God, manifesting itself in our day to day lives, no?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 02, 2016
freecocoa:
So you are saying, the life flowing through us is what is God, manifesting itself in our day to day lives, no?

Yes!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by absoluteSuccess: 4:48pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Let me just simplify the premise for you.

Since you think there can exist 1 creator to cause the universe, since there can be such a being and not nothing at all since the odd rests on a 50/50 chance.

Then how are you to think that if there can be 1 of such there cannot be 100,000,000 of them all as uncaused as the one you assumed for the universe and all unanimous in the causality of the universe.

Do you think 1 makes less of an assumption than 1000? if there can be 1 then there can be 10000000 of them..

My bro,

You are talking about "game of numbers", I am talking about creation and the creator. Who created the universe, why and when?

That's my quest. But you want it to be "infinite pantheons" that we should be talking about here when i want us to talk about deep mystery of the universe. Such seems not to be your fort.

If it's okay to assume they can have such a staggering population wherever they are,

what makes you think it is impossible for them to be one? If you have rights to guess the numbers, what denied me of mine?

Is it that you just isolated a flaw or "weak ability to a rational thinking" or something in my worldview just because I chose to believe something different from yours?

I want to know why you must be right and why I must be wrong. So in this probability, it's either you are right or I'm right.

I want to believe there are better explanations to how you come about your number of the population figure for the gods than "custom answer for monotheists".

What is the premises for your figures?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by swaggzo(m): 4:52pm On May 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

@bold

You are entitled to YOUR OPINION. wink

YOU COULD HAVE JUST STATED YOU RAN OUT OF WORDS TO TYPE SO WE ALL CAN APPLAUD YOU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.