Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,412 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (209450 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 04, 2016
jiggaz:
You no well oo... But wait make i ask... why are you Nigerian version of Atheists not proud of your Atheism in real life? Why don't you guys admit to Atheism in real life, abi una no gather liver? loool.

Nigerian Atheists are just bunch of confused people!! Lmaoo!! You people amuse me so much here on Nairaland!! Americans & Europeans are the real deal, you guys are just wannabes!! Same with OP.

Hardmirror abeg go sleep, you get malaria. Go take Fensic bro..... Deluded people.... loool.

Can you compare the level of tolerance in Nigeria to the countries you ve listed. Cant you see the level of bitterness, anger and animosity you and your likes exhibit?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by absoluteSuccess: 5:21pm On May 04, 2016
frank317:

Seriously, are u sure u are alright?
Yo,
You can ask yourself that question.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 5:59pm On May 04, 2016
gbadexy:

The creator gave us conscience to discern good from bad. There are set rules in all religion of the world about orderliness and good conduct. It doesn't stop man from being selfish.
Man was created with flaws in my opinion though. We are selfish and competitive in nature.
If we are to strictly follow any religious beliefs, then nobody would be saved.
What do you think the purpose of creating man with intelligence Is? The creator made us for His pleasure. For us to glorify and worship Him. It's the fact. It sounds egoist but that's the unclad truth and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
We weren't created to live eat, merry and just die off into oblivion. What sense is in that? Why would a creator bother with creating humans just for them to come do as they pleases and die.
We won't be different from lower animals who aren't given much intelligence and with nothing expected from them. It's the reason they are at the same level they were billions of years ago while we were created at the same period and why they are under us.
You are given intelligence to ponder, and yes, be awed and appreciate nature.
We are created for His pleasure. Live with it. HE does as he wishes and is not accountable to us.
Same way he create some in a wealthy homes or better countries and others in not so desirable place.
When things was tough for me and I felt disappointed with the creator, I made some condemning comments in rebellion and before that day was over, I experienced far worse than I bargained for but was fortunately saved.
You think you know what misery is or disappointment, if the creator really intends purposely to make life miserable for you, dem no go teach you to be looking for God everywhere.
In all, the creator deeply cares about humanity even though I wonder why he cares for our opinion of Him and seem to give man special recognition.
If you have slight idea how inconsequential we are in the scheme of things or how microscopically minute we are in relation to the universe, then you will appreciate better.

Long disconnected sermon but my question is yet to be answered.
Why does this creator need worship? How did u know the creator needs worship? If you say conscience... Why is it not universal? Why are there different conflicting styles of worship. Is this creator one? Why can this conscience give us a precise style of worshipping him?

How are u sure u are not projecting the human need for worship to the creator (if at all he exists)?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by gbadexy(m): 6:50pm On May 04, 2016
frank317:

Long disconnected sermon but my question is yet to be answered.
Why does this creator need worship? How did u know the creator needs worship? If you say conscience... Why is it not universal? Why are there different conflicting styles of worship. Is this creator one? Why can this conscience give us a precise style of worshipping him?

How are u sure u are not projecting the human need for worship to the creator (if at all he exists)?
Why do you greet your parents when you wake up. I'm sure you will greet the governor of your state with reverence. Why do you think obeisance shouldn't be made to the one who created your president and boss whom you rever.
Obviously, different people came at different period with different religions and mode of conflict. I am not in the position to determine which is correct.
I hope you didn't expect me to explain why there is conflict in religious types. It's self evident from my earlier explanation.
Who told you conscience isn't universal. Anyone without one would be a clinical sociopath.
According to my faith, the creator is one. Some believe it's 3. Others may have different belief system.
I couldn't take you folks here serious. You are trying too hard to appear enlightened and sophisticated. It's your problem.
I'm not here to convince anyone to discard their belief.
I just couldn't expect any logical person to truly believe all that exist came from nothing.
I can accept not believing the projection of a creator by organised religion.
Someone said life existed some many years and we evolved and we presently weren't directly created by God. He also was telling me what he read in book or online about animals being in existence for certain years before Man! All hypothesis put forward by some men without fact and swallowed by an enlightened wannabe.
To each his or her own.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 7:08pm On May 04, 2016
gbadexy:

Why do you greet your parents when you wake up. I'm sure you will greet the governor of your state with reverence. Why do you think obeisance shouldn't be made to the one who created your president and boss whom you rever.
Obviously, different people came at different period with different religions and mode of conflict. I am not in the position to determine which is correct.
I hope you didn't expect me to explain why there is conflict in religious types. It's self evident from my earlier explanation.
Who told you conscience isn't universal. Anyone without one would be a clinical sociopath.
According to my faith, the creator is one. Some believe it's 3. Others may have different belief system.
I couldn't take you folks here serious. You are trying too hard to appear enlightened and sophisticated. It's your problem.
I'm not here to convince anyone to discard their belief.
I just couldn't expect any logical person to truly believe all that exist came from nothing.
I can accept not believing the projection of a creator by organised religion.
Someone said life existed some many years and we evolved and we presently weren't directly created by God. He also was telling me what he read in book or online about animals being in existence for certain years before Man! All hypothesis put forward by some men without fact and swallowed by an enlightened wannabe.
To each his or her own.

I greet my parents becasue I know it makes them feel respected, it is also a sign of respect. Humans struggle everyday to become influential so as to earn respect. Like I said the act if worship or need for reverence is a human thing just like, hunger, desire for sex, feelings of humiliation etc.

Back to my question,... How did u know the creator desires worship? Does he struggle for respect like humans? Did we elect him like we elected governors? Did we elect him as God among other gods?

Humans know we are all equal and feel more important we we have an edge over our mates... It's a feeling of accomplishment becasue of hard labour.

Who is God struggling with? Why does he need worship? Who is his competitor?... Again, are u protecting the human need for worship and respect to God? If you do that are u assuming he is like a human being who desires all those things? So how did you know these things about a creator.

Conscience. Thanks, conscience is universal so how come the CONSCIENCE and desire to worship this God is not universal? Why don't I feel the need to worship any creator? Why should conscsei be universal yet the thought and style of worshipping the creator is not universal?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 8:23pm On May 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How do you know this?
The same way i know that the Sun is composed of Hydrogen and Helium.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by TheMascot(m): 8:34pm On May 04, 2016
HardMirror:
Now christianity is a fantastic religion. Although we love saying christianity is not a religion (smiles), we prefer saying it is a relationship with God. I smile because these are part of the things that makes christianity seem special. (More on this later)
Many people erroneously think atheists were never good christians, or that they become atheists because they want to sin. Lol, that is absolutely wrong. It is almost impossible to be a better christian than I was. I don't joke with purity and sincerity. I fast for more than half of the year, to maintain a good level of purity and focus. (And I was damn thin too).
This is one of the reasons why it is impossible to convert me again. There is nothing anyone can say or do that shakes me.
So christians online stop thinking people are not being sincere when they say they are atheists.

MY JOURNEY TO ATHEISM BEGINS
where does did end lemme guess?..after being the best christian you could be..something went how you didndidnt plan out..and boom..u began to remember all the things you have done for God and he couldn't do this one thing to make you feel happy..if its not like this..tell me

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ranchhoddas: 8:37pm On May 04, 2016
Image123:

The same way i know that the Sun is composed of Hydrogen and Helium.
Obviously I grossly overestimated you.Apologies.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dazzlingd(m): 9:32pm On May 04, 2016
earthrealm:

#as copied

One day a local evangelist bragged during a crusade that his God was more able than all the other gods in the town and the powers of the universe that the villagers worshiped put together. Just then, rainstorm sounds started sounding overhead, threatening the progress of the crusade. The evangelist lifted up his voice and declared with confidence that if the rains fell, then he wasn't a man of God; he would stop preaching!
Before he could finish his bluff, the rains began to hit the crusade grounds so vehemently, apparently in disregard to his declarations. The whole town left the crusade grounds to their houses, shaking their heads in disappointment and dismay.
The evangelist, so distraught and angry, packed his belongings and left the town the next day. On his way through the next town, he checked into a local drinking spot and drank himself to stupor. As he laid on the ground cursing God, an old seedy looking man tapped him gently on the shoulder.

"Man of God", the old man began. But the evangelist quickly cut in, "don't mention the name of God to me. He is fake. He is unreliable. I am no longer a believer in this God. A God who chooses to disgrace his servants. Leave me alone!"
But the old man would not let him be. He continued,"I am the fetish priest in the village you just preached at. During your one week stay in that village, you destroyed all the charms i had made on the people for 45 years. Your prayers and your words always came with some fearful fire and power. I tried so many times to eliminate you but i couldn't. My last chance came yesterday. I had loaded my gun with gun powder lying wait on the mountaintop where i had a very clear view of you. My plan was to shoot you from a distance since i couldn't get close enough to you due to the fire around you. But just when i lifted the gun, the rains came from nowhere, wetting my gunpowder and covering you in a cloud so that i couldn't even see you. All i saw was a bright man holding a sword in front of you. I was so terrified. I concluded that your God was indeed all powerful and Almighty. That is why i've been looking for you since then. I want to follow this your God!"
The ex-evangelist bowed his head in shame!

Dear friends, sometimes, it is just wise for us to believe that our Father knows the way He is taking us. We should just trust His leading. Let our boast be in the Lord, not in ourselves. If we decree a thing and it doesn't happen, let us not see it as disappointment or dishonor from the Father. Let us just believe that the Father wants his perfect will to be done in all things.
where did this happen and when?

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 9:43pm On May 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Obviously I grossly overestimated you.Apologies.

Hehehehehehehe, we all make mistakes you know. Hopefully, our mistakes are not eternal.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 9:47pm On May 04, 2016
TheMascot:
where does did end lemme guess?..after being the best christian you could be..something went how you didndidnt plan out..and boom..u began to remember all the things you have done for God and he couldn't do this one thing to make you feel happy..if its not like this..tell me

As usual na,that's the way they roll.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by cloudgoddess(f): 9:56pm On May 04, 2016
gbadexy:

What do you think is the purpose for the existence of Man.
The beauty of humanhood is that we are free to mold our own purpose, our own meaning, and our own goals (assuming one does not live under a dictatorship or theocracy). As adult human beings we do not need our fates to be dictated as if we're robots or puppets.

Fruitful relationships, healthy communities and family life, educational pursuits, inner growth and self-improvement, groundbreaking scientific discovery, enjoyment of nature and art, creativity exploration and innovation. These are amongst the vast number of things we humans can derive meaning and satisfaction from. We can simply choose to live humbly and kindly, pursuing whatever brings joy, peace, and fulfillment to us and those we love.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by gbadexy(m): 10:25pm On May 04, 2016
cloudgoddess:

The beauty of humanhood is that we are free to mold our own purpose, our own meaning, and our own goals (assuming one does not live under a dictatorship or theocracy). As adult human beings we do not need our fates to be dictated as if we're robots or puppets.

Fruitful relationships, healthy communities and family life, educational pursuits, inner growth and self-improvement, groundbreaking scientific discovery, enjoyment of nature and art, creativity exploration and innovation. These are amongst the vast number of things we humans can derive meaning and satisfaction from. We can choose to live humbly and kindly, pursuing whatever brings joy, peace, and fulfillment to us and those we love.
In essence, for pursuit of things that gives us satisfaction and fulfilment.
No organised religion would oppose such aspirations.
You feel we came into being strictly for our own amusement and development, at least that in itself is a purpose.
So do you believe matter could be created from nothing?
Let me humour you that atoms aligned to form organised living and non living components of the universe through big bang. How did those atoms came into being.
I studied biochemistry in school. Do you know how complex but yet very organised protein molecules that make up our dna is. It's the blueprint of individuals. Yet it's of an understandable repeated sequence which makes it possible for paternity test. Do you think such organisation was due to random reaction.
I repeat, do you think matter could be created from nothing? How did the first atoms come into Being? They just were there? And if so, what force prompted them to react.
I'm not here to sell my religious believe to you.
I just can't seem to take you people serious or believe any logical person would sincerely belief the world just came into being spontaneously on its own.
Discussing about the creator or on type of religion is a futile journey I won't even bother engaging in.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 04, 2016
cloudgoddess:

And that is okay smiley You should give yourself a pat on the back for thinking seriously about these things. It's more than most can say. Wishing you well.
thanks. BTW why cloudgoddess? Does your name have any significance?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ranchhoddas: 11:00pm On May 04, 2016
Image123:

Hehehehehehehe, we all make mistakes you know. Hopefully, our mistakes are not eternal.
Whatever man.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 11:25pm On May 04, 2016
gbadexy:

In essence, for pursuit of things that gives us satisfaction and fulfilment.
No organised religion would oppose such aspirations.
You feel we came into being strictly for our own amusement and development, at least that in itself is a purpose.
So do you believe matter could be created from nothing?

You see when pulling out this type of argument religious people actually forget that there are arguing against their own beliefs without even knowing it.

-Your belief is centered on the invocation of a deity causality for the universe even though there is no universe materializes matter literally out of nothing. . (Talking some assert)

-Actually you are the person who holds a belief of matter emerging from nothing here.

Scientifically Quantum fluctuations in a quantum field which represents the lowest level of energy frequency creates matter..

But here in the case of your beliefs:

A deity designed a universe out of nothing, there cannot be design if there is nothing.
So there comes to a point where this deity must have to materialize the materials needed for the universe literally out of nothing before designing it..

So if there is nothing there is no design but rather magic in a theological stand point here.

When trying to base an argument on a premise, review to check how it relates to your own stance..

-Cus literally 'Your belief is the one that holds that Matter came from nothing, let me not even stretch it farther to the deity itself.

Let me humour you that atoms aligned to form organised living and non living components of the universe through big bang. How did those atoms came into being.

In physics Quantum fluctuations are responsible for that..

and knowing this sort of argument well, you probably asked where the matter came from in hope that if we don't know then it is necessary to invoke a God (who remarkably came from?)

That you don't know where the atom came from, or i don't know or the entire community of physics don't doesn't mean a deity did it.

it means we "Don't know"

Ignorance is not an evidence of any deity rather is an evidence of ignorance

So the appeal to ignorance argument necessary to pull a 'god of gap' does not hold sway at all.

Because if empirically what you previously attributed to a deity out of ignorance becomes ascertained how it actually happened, the deity gets shattered from the equation.

so trying to appeal to ignorance to invoke a god will only make your god an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance in the face of more discoveries.

I studied biochemistry in school. Do you know how complex but yet very organised protein molecules that make up our dna is. It's the blueprint of individuals. Yet it's of an understandable repeated sequence which makes it possible for paternity test. Do you think such organisation was due to random reaction.
I repeat, do you think matter could be created from nothing? How did the first atoms come into Being? They just were there? And if so, what force prompted them to react.
I'm not here to sell my religious believe to you.
I just can't seem to take you people serious or believe any logical person would sincerely belief the world just came into being spontaneously on its own.
Discussing about the creator or on type of religion is a futile journey I won't even bother engaging in.

This 'complexity argument' has got to be the most laughable, cliche and weak argument people muster up for god(s).

Pointing at natural complex values in order to invoke a god, forgetting that for something to be powerful and intelligent enough to design a complex system, it must be at least as complex or far more complex than the system.

now you are here pointing at natural complexity in order to invoke a god who must also even be more complex, how does that work?

If complexity means design then this god that is even more complex must also require a designer to exist.

If you beg a special pleading to exempt it from being designed then it murders all your argument since here you are suggesting a complex entity who doesn't need to be designed using it to explain complexity of nature.

Haven't you shown something can be complex and not be designed if you assert a complex god who doesn't require a designer?

That murders your whole complexity argument.

Furthermore, the 'cannot be by chance argument' is naive to say because even in the presence of a mind everything is still subject to chance.

In every random process there is a pattern, in every interaction there is a
result..
this is the nature of everything, this is the result of what was in the testimony
of what is.

Take for instance a Sand Dune, it is very artistic and precise but then from
whence did it come?

Was it a planned artistic design?

Not even in the least, just a random and even chaotic reaction of wind on sand
and from the chaotic reaction a pattern emerges, a result.

The Penicillin was made from chance yet saved millions and very important in
our medical field.

Even where there is will, Chance governs all.

Even when you invoke a God, it is still a subject to chance...

-A chance that somehow outstandingly we've got a God(and not nothing)

-A chance that it is remarkably powerful enough to make something

-A chance that is precisely able and willing.

-A chance that in it's infinite loop of existence it decides to make everything.

2,000,000 sperms on conception night only one made it, it is a remarkable
chance, even your day to day life is governed and subjected to chance.

A chance that your car doesn't get hit by another or a meteor doesn't fall
right into your head.

So this is not about what feels good that takes us to the scope of theology
which in essence is blind.

theology only aims at giving answers to satisfy the questioner while science
gives answers to satisfy the question, the questioner may or may not like it
it is not a matter of believing the universe is a product of chance, believing it
doesn't make it true anymore than not believing it makes it a lie.

Invoking what you want to be (believe) in a quest to ascertain what is
diminishes your enquiry only to that of emotion and reduces the chance of a
truthful deduction.

replace the universe with God and you see all again falls back to chance.. why
there is something (God) and not nothing.. since it is a chance of nothing and
something, it also will be a remarkable chance if something(God) is and not
nothing.

remind me your arguments again.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by cloudgoddess(f): 2:41am On May 05, 2016
fabiano09:

thanks. BTW why cloudgoddess? Does your name have any significance?
Nope, I genuinely just thought it was cute cheesy

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Immorttal: 2:56am On May 05, 2016
Alokendra:

This was the genesis of my transition to agnosticism. It is very difficult to be a humanist and still remain a christian.

I remember when I was in the university, I was very passionate about helping people. In the course of denying myself of many stuffs while helping people, I lost my laptop. My laptop was stolen because I took a 5 mins nap. I was so tired because I sacrificed my entire day to help some students know a difficult topic better.

After my laptop was stolen, it was as of my life wanted to crumble. I had so many stuffs in there. My final year project was in there. 98% of my life's work was in there. I was devastated. I became furious, and rage was burning in me. I wanted revenge and I was ready to sell my soul to anything just to have my revenge.

I have always heard from friends that Ilara mokin is notorious for voodoo. I went there and met with all manners of people who were d
ready to help me take the soul of the culprit. I later met with an old man and he gave me substance that I should wake up in the midnight and recite some stuffs that within three days I'd see the blood of that person. That was where I started becoming uncomfortable. I didn't see myself taking the life of another. I couldn't stomach it. I'm the kind of person that I will never hurt a fly. The humanist side of me overwhelmed me and I told the baba that I can't . That I do not want anything to happen to the person again. I paid him and left. It was a very painful experience.

My point is - if a mere mortal like me cannot stomach the thought of hurting someone or taking someone else's life, how much a 'loving father' that has been painted as the most loving and the best thing that has ever happen to mankind. How could such a person now chose to roast people in hell for not believing in him and for a meagre offence. This is the height of barbarism. How could a person be so blood thirsty.
And it's not as if he will burn them for a short time. He will burn them forever. Haba! Even if I make even, I'll never be comfortable that some people are actually burning. God and I will have to slug it out
the worse is you didn't ask him to create you. i remember when i was a kid,i designed a synthetic chink where i stored live ants,my aim is to erect them a new home and 'force' them to acclimatise to it,at lenght i would put crumbs of food,some ants would be stubborn and would always run off.i did not kill them when they 'transgress' against my wish,i would simply put them right back to the chink, how much more of a "loving father"(according to the bible) who massacres his design for fun beign cognizant of the fact he made them perforate to errors.Mankind always refer to God as someone who dwell in our dimension and intelligence.This is where the delusionist that inspired the bible failed it.If it were me i would esteem God higher rather they equate him in a fractional sum.Now they want us to believe in a God they created.but their cozen was exposed.Lmao
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by gbadexy(m): 5:19am On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

You see when pulling out this type of argument religious people actually forget that there are arguing against their own beliefs without even knowing it.

-Your belief is centered on the invocation of a deity causality for the universe even though there is no universe materializes matter literally out of nothing. . (Talking some assert)

-Actually you are the person who holds a belief of matter emerging from nothing here.

Scientifically Quantum fluctuations in a quantum field which represents the lowest level of energy frequency creates matter..

But here in the case of your beliefs:

A deity designed a universe out of nothing, there cannot be design if there is nothing.
So there comes to a point where this deity must have to materialize the materials needed for the universe literally out of nothing before designing it..

So if there is nothing there is no design but rather magic in a theological stand point here.

When trying to base an argument on a premise, review to check how it relates to your own stance..

-Cus literally 'Your belief is the one that holds that Matter came from nothing, let me not even stretch it farther to the deity itself.

In physics Quantum fluctuations are responsible for that..

and knowing this sort of argument well, you probably asked where the matter came from in hope that if we don't know then it is necessary to invoke a God (who remarkably came from?)

That you don't know where the atom came from, or i don't know or the entire community of physics don't doesn't mean a deity did it.

it means we "Don't know"

Ignorance is not an evidence of any deity rather is an evidence of ignorance

So the appeal to ignorance argument necessary to pull a 'god of gap' does not hold sway at all.

Because if empirically what you previously attributed to a deity out of ignorance becomes ascertained how it actually happened, the deity gets shattered from the equation.

so trying to appeal to ignorance to invoke a god will only make your god an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance in the face of more discoveries.

This 'complexity argument' has got to be the most laughable, cliche and weak argument people muster up for god(s).

Pointing at natural complex values in order to invoke a god, forgetting that for something to be powerful and intelligent enough to design a complex system, it must be at least as complex or far more complex than the system.

now you are here pointing at natural complexity in order to invoke a god who must also even be more complex, how does that work?

If complexity means design then this god that is even more complex must also require a designer to exist.

If you beg a special pleading to exempt it from being designed then it murders all your argument since here you are suggesting a complex entity who doesn't need to be designed using it to explain complexity of nature.

Haven't you shown something can be complex and not be designed if you assert a complex god who doesn't require a designer?

That murders your whole complexity argument.

Furthermore, the 'cannot be by chance argument' is naive to say because even in the presence of a mind everything is still subject to chance.

In every random process there is a pattern, in every interaction there is a
result..
this is the nature of everything, this is the result of what was in the testimony
of what is.

Take for instance a Sand Dune, it is very artistic and precise but then from
whence did it come?

Was it a planned artistic design?

Not even in the least, just a random and even chaotic reaction of wind on sand
and from the chaotic reaction a pattern emerges, a result.

The Penicillin was made from chance yet saved millions and very important in
our medical field.

Even where there is will, Chance governs all.

Even when you invoke a God, it is still a subject to chance...

-A chance that somehow outstandingly we've got a God(and not nothing)

-A chance that it is remarkably powerful enough to make something

-A chance that is precisely able and willing.

-A chance that in it's infinite loop of existence it decides to make everything.

2,000,000 sperms on conception night only one made it, it is a remarkable
chance, even your day to day life is governed and subjected to chance.

A chance that your car doesn't get hit by another or a meteor doesn't fall
right into your head.

So this is not about what feels good that takes us to the scope of theology
which in essence is blind.

theology only aims at giving answers to satisfy the questioner while science
gives answers to satisfy the question, the questioner may or may not like it
it is not a matter of believing the universe is a product of chance, believing it
doesn't make it true anymore than not believing it makes it a lie.

Invoking what you want to be (believe) in a quest to ascertain what is
diminishes your enquiry only to that of emotion and reduces the chance of a
truthful deduction.

replace the universe with God and you see all again falls back to chance.. why
there is something (God) and not nothing.. since it is a chance of nothing and
something, it also will be a remarkable chance if something(God) is and not
nothing.

remind me your arguments again.
I swear by all I hold dear, you wrote absolute rubbish, pardon the language.
I don't do religious argument because it's pointless.
So it makes sense that your quantum energy level or whatever it is that you said created matter came into being from nothing. Na you first read physics Ba? Keep humouring yourselves.
So energy can create itself from nothing and come into Being.
I just couldn't take you lots serious. You appear like enlightened wannabes trying hard to justify your apparent stand by all means. I don't sincerely think you too believe what jargon you wrote and to be candid, I just glanced through it.
Congratulations on your enlightenment though. I don't wish to engage in this discussion again. It doesn't add value to me to increase my account balance.
Whatever gives you fulfilment.
You may say your superior argument chased me away, whatever rock your boats.
Each to his own and good luck.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Alokendra(m): 5:55am On May 05, 2016
Immorttal:
the worse is you didn't ask him to create you. i remember when i was a kid,i designed a synthetic chink where i stored live ants,my aim is to erect them a new home and 'force' them to acclimatise to it,at lenght i would put crumbs of food,some ants would be stubborn and would always run off.i did not kill them when they 'transgress' against my wish,i would simply put them right back to the chink, how much more of a "loving father"(according to the bible) who massacres his design for fun beign cognizant of the fact he made them perforate to errors.Mankind always refer to God as someone who dwell in our dimension and intelligence.This is where the delusionist that inspired the bible failed it.If it were me i would esteem God higher rather they equate him in a fractional sum.Now they want us to believe in a God they created.but their cozen was exposed.Lmao
Bring this up with theist, and watch them go dumb. Their usual defense is usually 'that's why he's god.' 'We cannot question god.' Even our earthly fathers here wouldn't unleash mayhem of that magnitude on transgressing children. So much for being an 'heavenly father'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Akshow: 6:13am On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

There are many of such groups on facebook, i have been invited to many of them but not really interested neither do i take facebook serious... rarely log in.

But we do have a Nairaland Freethinkers lodge on whatsapp though..

So we need to slowly take that step and organize discussions.

i also have ideas for science seminars and debates, that i will take up with LoJ, Teempakguy, Blackjewelry, Joshuabase , SirWere and others
pls how do I get added to this free thinker Lodge?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 7:45am On May 05, 2016
Akshow:
pls how do I get added to this free thinker Lodge?
send a PM to hahn
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 7:48am On May 05, 2016
gbadexy:

I swear by all I hold dear, you wrote absolute rubbish, pardon the language.
I don't do religious argument because it's pointless.
So it makes sense that your quantum energy level or whatever it is that you said created matter came into being from nothing. Na you first read physics Ba? Keep humouring yourselves.
So energy can create itself from nothing and come into Being.
I just couldn't take you lots serious. You appear like enlightened wannabes trying hard to justify your apparent stand by all means. I don't sincerely think you too believe what jargon you wrote and to be candid, I just glanced through it.
Congratulations on your enlightenment though. I don't wish to engage in this discussion again. It doesn't add value to me to increase my account balance.
Whatever gives you fulfilment.
You may say your superior argument chased me away, whatever rock your boats.
Each to his own and good luck.

When they have no more argument they resort to personal emotional talks, i have learnt to see Ad hominems as a last resort for someone who no longer have an argument to bring up.

Thanks and have fun brother

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 8:46am On May 05, 2016
gbadexy:

Can you please help us answer the questions above? You seem to know the answer outside the scientific explanations, so;

1. Do you think matter could be created from nothing?
2. How did the first atoms came into being?
3. What forces prompted them to react.

We are all eager to learn from you and throw our science text books away.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by gbadexy(m): 9:02am On May 05, 2016
wirinet:

Can you please help us answer the questions above? You seem to know the answer outside the scientific explanations, so;

1. Do you thing matter could be created from nothing?
2. How did the first atoms came into being?
3. What forces prompted them to react.

We are all eager to learn from you send throw our science text books away.
Which kind explanation within science text Sef? He's just trying to impress him lots.
I couldn't make head of what he was typing, I mean it as no insult and I'm confident and comfortable with my I.Q.
You are on a long thing awaiting logical response you can relate with.
Even oyinbo people that own physics can't explain life. They only put forward theories.
You think if these amateurs have the answer, they won't have Nobel prize in Physics?
Scientists are just still reeling from the fact that atoms can be split or fused. This is manipulating atoms with release of energy.
If man could create atoms, it would have been celebrated. Besides, the fission and fusion don't just spontaneously occur in nature.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 9:34am On May 05, 2016
gbadexy:

Which kind explanation within science text Sef? He's just trying to impress him lots.
I couldn't make head of what he was typing, I mean it as no insult and I'm confident and comfortable with my I.Q.
You are on a long thing awaiting logical response you can relate with.
Even oyinbo people that own physics can't explain life. They only put forward theories.
You think if these amateurs have the answer, they won't have Nobel prize in Physics?
Scientists are just still reeling from the fact that atoms can be split or fused. This is manipulating atoms with release of energy.
If man could create atoms, it would have been celebrated. Besides, the fission and fusion don't just spontaneously occur in nature.
The fact that you are comfortable with your IQ does not mean your IQ is above average, only a valid IQ test can determine that.
From what you wrote, it is no wonder you have no idea of what jonnydon22 wrote. How can you say fussion and fission don't just spontaneously occur in nature? What then prompt the fussion reaction in the core of the sun. Are you suggesting atoms in a chuck of uranium would not split spontaneously naturally?
You avoided the question entirely, i still ask that if you disagree with science about the formation of matter, what is your more logical and sensible explanation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dblackninja: 9:35am On May 05, 2016
I spot a religious fanatic above^^^ Abeg johnydon22 come and take suya cheesy but take am easy na b4 you fry someone's brain..see as you made someone utter nonsense just because he couldn't comprehend what you wrote.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by gbadexy(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2016
wirinet:

The fact that you are comfortable with your IQ does not mean your IQ is above average, only a valid IQ test can determine that.
From what you wrote, it is no wonder you have no idea of what jonnydon22 wrote. How can you say fussion and fission don't just spontaneously occur in nature? What then prompt the fussion reaction in the core of the sun. Are you suggesting atoms in a chuck of uranium would not split spontaneously naturally?
You avoided the question entirely, i still ask that if you disagree with science about the formation of matter, what is your more logical and sensible explanation.
You got me smiling. I can't believe this. Are you serious?
To humour you. Give me instances fusion has occurred in nature in your life time.
Were you there when the fusion in the sun started to know if it just started spontaneously?
I hope you do know it's a chain reaction. It continues using its energy to continue the process and had started since only God knows when.
Obviously my explanation is that a divine creator is responsible for creation. Why do you have to ask such question.
I'm exasperated.
Biko, I pass on your discussion. Feel free to free me.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 10:13am On May 05, 2016
gbadexy:

You got me smiling. I can't believe this. Are you serious?
To humour you. Give me instances fusion has occurred in nature in your life time.
Were you there when the fusion in the sun started to know if it just started spontaneously?
I hope you do know it's a chain reaction. It continues using its energy to continue the process and had started since only God knows when.
Obviously my explanation is that a divine creator is responsible for creation. Why do you have to ask such question.
I'm exasperated.
Biko, I pass on your discussion. Feel free to free me.

Please invest a little in some science education, i cannot continue to give you free lessons.
Every star you see in the night sky is an ongoing fusion reaction, new stars are forming right now somewhere in the universe while some are dying. Every element in the universe today outside hydrogen and helium were created as a result of fusion reaction. The building block of the universe is the fusion of hydrogen and a little percentage of helium to form heavier elements.

So your explanation for the questions you raised rests with your divine creator and to you that is a more logical explanation to science. Ok, explain further;
From what materials did your divine creator create matter from? he could not have created it from nothing.
How did the first atoms come into being?
What forces did he use to make the atoms react.

And what proof do you have to support your hypothesis.

I sense a Nobel price if you are able to prove your theory.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Jadekitana2(f): 11:04am On May 05, 2016
francis247:
If you create something and it's not serving the purpose for which you created it, wouldn't you destroy it?
I was forced to quote you sorry.
we never begged to be created.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (90) (Reply)

The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.