Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (209937 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Gift101(m): 4:55am On Nov 23, 2016
Seun:

From the epistles it's clear that the tongues the early Christians spoke were meaningless sounds which nobody could understand, hence the need for "interpretation". I believe the pentecost story was pure fiction; it was written to validate the weird practice of speaking in tongues.

When were you born to this world ?

Even as young as i am i've witness the power of God live (not on tv screen). Do you think it is ordinary for a man to give a prophesy and it came to pass ?

There's one couple he gave a prophesy to, he told them that the people attacking them spiritually to make the woman mad is from their compound. He told them that one of their neighbour is angry that woman has given birth to a baby. He told them that God has remove the madness from her and when they get home that evening (around 5pm) they'll hear that one of their neighbour died moments ago. Seun to be sincere they came to testify during thursday programme that indeed one of their neighbour died.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 23, 2016
Seun:

From the epistles it's clear that the tongues the early Christians spoke were meaningless sounds which nobody could understand, hence the need for "interpretation". I believe the pentecost story was pure fiction; it was written to validate the weird practice of speaking in tongues.

Hi please help me delete my account
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by ishow2005(m): 5:32am On Nov 23, 2016
How the human minds operates still amazes me. Religion has really affected how most of us think. Even in broad day light, where an iman or pastor does or say things that are clearly questionable, we still accepted them to be the truth.
I believe in the existence of a creator but I am of the view that what xtianity or church or Christ as we r made to know or Islam have presented about the Creator is not sufficient.

I read its not about church or that it's all about your relationship with Christ, have u forgotten that most of ur believe r shaped by the church or the Bible u read which is designed by the church.

Why is it that the Christians thinks every other person in any other religion will enter hell ? Why does the Muslims share similar believe n so on?

Except our creator do not allow us to ask questions on the day some of us will b condemn in to hell then that is when a Muslim who ended up in a Christian God hell simply because he did not accept Christ will not ask why God created him in a land where the wages for converting from Islam to Christianity is death.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by ishow2005(m): 5:34am On Nov 23, 2016
Without doubt I believe a creator exist, God or Allah,whatever u call it in ur own language. But the xtianity and Islam presented to us have not been able to present the true God to us.
The average Christians r guilty of what d average Muslims r criticised for. Just as apostasy is a crime in Islam so also it is in Christianity. Don't ask me how, just do some findings.
Muslims expected new convert into Islam and yet r willing to kill people leaving fold of Islam. Just as xtianity stated killing for he leaving xtianity. Yet they won't stop preaching the gospel too for non Christians. So many food for thought......
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 5:38am On Nov 23, 2016
my dear athiest HARDMIRROR that believes the supernatural as real... as a pastor did you read this ever before

4  For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5  And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7  For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: note

8  But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

you tasted the powers of the world to come - miracles, speaking in tongues, word of knowledge and the supernatural christianity which were REAL and you confirmed it. on the reason you started drifting when the blindman couldnot see after your prayers...have you not read where paul left a brother sick even though he wrote miracles etc

2tim 4:20  Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.

but he was ready to die for the One who did miracles through him before even though he left someone sick. shocked shocked
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 5:50am On Nov 23, 2016
ishow2005:
How the human minds operates still amazes me. Religion has really affected how most of us think.

speaking from a christian viewpoint, if ALL we are are as a result of our MIND "twisting" our perception using what i read the bible.... HARDMIRROR has confirmed that MIRACLES, WORD OF KNOWLEDGE, SPEAKING IN TONGUES, CHRISTIAN SUPERNATURAL are REAL which are from the BIBLE... so tell IF an athiest can confirm the above IS ...whose perception do you think is twisted grin grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 5:57am On Nov 23, 2016
ishow2005:
Without doubt I believe a creator exist, God or Allah,whatever u call it in ur own language. But the xtianity and Islam presented to us have not been able to present the true God to us.
The average Christians r guilty of what d average Muslims r criticised for. Just as apostasy is a crime in Islam so also it is in Christianity. Don't ask me how, just do some findings.
Muslims expected new convert into Islam and yet r willing to kill people leaving fold of Islam. Just as xtianity stated killing for he leaving xtianity. Yet they won't stop preaching the gospel too for non Christians. So many food for thought......

HARDMIRROR has presented to you christianity in its raw form - MIRACLES ETC confirming it. i dont know about islam maybe someone can. mind you christian will not kill you but will allow you to be and pray for God's mercy.... do i have proof... of course.. SEUN owner of nairaland was a christian that choose to be an athiest...he is moving freely ... no body killed him. grin grin grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by ishow2005(m): 5:59am On Nov 23, 2016
uvalued:

speaking from a christian viewpoint, if ALL we are are as a result of our MIND "twisting" our perception using what i read the bible.... HARDMIRROR has confirmed that MIRACLES, WORD OF KNOWLEDGE, SPEAKING IN TONGUES, CHRISTIAN SUPERNATURAL are REAL which are from the BIBLE... so tell IF an athiest can confirm the above IS ...whose perception do you think is twisted grin grin

For the fact that HARDMIRROR has a xtian background, it will take extra ordinary effort for him to be completely free from thinking without xtianity affecting his judgement. Same is applicable to those born Muslims.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by ishow2005(m): 6:03am On Nov 23, 2016
uvalued:

HARDMIRROR has presented to you christianity in its raw form - MIRACLES ETC confirming it. i dont know about islam maybe someone can. mind you christian will not kill you but will allow you to be and pray for God's mercy.... do i have proof... of course.. SEUN owner of nairaland was a christian that choose to be an athiest...he is moving freely ... no body killed him. grin grin grin

If you r practising Islam in Nigeria and choose to become atheist, no one will kill u either but what did the two holy books says about apostasy.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 6:09am On Nov 23, 2016
braithwaite:

Imagine a thread from almost 6 months now hit frontpage and all religious folks are screaming in agony..

on the contrary am exhilirated that an athies has confirmed that MIRACLES, SPEAKING IN TONGUES, CHRISTIAN SUPERNATURAL, WORD OF KNOWLEDGE are ABSOLUTELY REAL.. wow so much infor
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 6:13am On Nov 23, 2016
adajiboyy:
I and my family would rather be fools and believe in GOD the alpha and omega than believe this crap from this man.

if you read through his "testimony" you will observe that HARDMIRROR confirmed that MIRACLES,CHRISTIAN SUPERNATURAL are real which are a taste of the powers to come... so thank God for confirmation from an athiest to all athiest that there is a SUPERNATURAL REALM gringrin cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 6:17am On Nov 23, 2016
LebanonCedars2:
I am totally not surprised at rate at which some people are coming out to tell the world that they don't believe in the existence of God. Like someone pointed out here, satan who was with God turned back against Him with almost half of the angel. Demas was with Paul and saw God performed great wonders still the world had an attraction to him and he went back.

Besides, its in the scriptures: "Now the Spirit speaks expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of the devils. speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared with a hot iron" 1 Tim 4:1,2. What more do we need?!

My dear brother Hardmirror, a time will come in one's life when one will need to decide on which side of the divide he needs to be: light or darkness, death or life. Its a matter of choice. You have chosen yours and I have chosen mine. The end will justify the means. As for me (though foolish and unreasonable it may sound to you), I have pitched my tent with the One you said does not exist - God Almighty! He saved me, deliver me from terrible lifestyles and addictions that would have ruined my life. He didn't stop there, He gave me peace and joy that words cannot describe and spread His love in my heart. What more do I need?! If a dead and powerless (to you) God can do that, then I am willing to commit my all to Him.

For I know my Redeemer liveth!!!

HARDMIRROR note the bolded and take it as foodforthought undecided undecided angry
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 6:25am On Nov 23, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

Hi please help me delete my account

bros i hope no be bicos of HARDMIRROR testimony ko? on another thought... i love his tesimony that an athiest have confirmed that the christian supernatural is REAL yet athiests have latched up to this thread like seriously... who vehemently refuse to accept the existence of a non physical meta physical diemension but before their very eyes and the mind they boast of,a confirmation of SUPERNATURAL by an athiest has been given.. a witness of the word of GOD to all athiest including seun grin grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 6:29am On Nov 23, 2016
chrmn1:
You see its written in a certain book that: The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men (Psalms 115:16)

A lot of people think God runs the world. God?? Hell No. Who does? Satan? Nope. Satan influences humanity with his vices,etc but it was man that was given authority over the earth. Man runs the world. But I'll tell you what man does, man wants to eat his proverbial cake an still have it. Adam decided to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and what that implied was man made a statement that he was ready to live independent of God and bear the attendant responsibilities. Everything God has been doing from that time up till now has been purely redemptive. It did not end with Adam. Man today has decided to eat of the same tree as Adam. Not a bad thing really as life is all about choices. But guess who is to blame for the woes in the world? Man? No. God. Why? Because He's got all the power to make it all right. Yes He does but He asked you, can you allow me run the world but we refused. Yes we chose to do it ourselves and now we have the world in a mess.

If God runs the events in the world today, He wouldnt ask us to pray 'Father let Your will be done on earth as it is done in heaven'.

God's will is being done in heaven but it's not so here on earth. I know people have been taught that God runs the world and is responsible for everything that happens in the world but there's nothing farther from the truth than this notion.

So you see how man (humanity) would like to eat his cake by choosing to live independent of God and His ways and still wants to have his cake by not being responsible for the ills in the world.

I still insist that there's something OP didn't tell us. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say he wanted to do certain stuff and still not feel guilty of his acts and so had to douse every voice of guilt by immersing himself into books and materials that emboldened his belief that there is no God. To claim that it was due to his inability to give sight to a needy old man and unanswered question is akin to given me some tales by moonlight stories and expect us to digest it just like that which would never happen.

You see power in the spirit is like weightlifting. There are some things you can do and there are higher things you build yourself to be able to deal with in the spirit. The power that God would demonstrate of your behalf is the one you have built/the one that works in you. It's a partnership between man and the divine. No shortcuts. God is able to do exceeding, abundantly above what we ask or think according to the power that works in you.

I am moved to write and write I will

amen
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 6:32am On Nov 23, 2016
CHARLOE:
Most interesting thread on Nairaland!

i tell you how an atheist confirmed that MIRACLES, CHRISTIQN SUPERNATURAL,WORD OF KNOWLEDGE are REAL grin grin grin proving athiest that there is more than the physical ...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 6:39am On Nov 23, 2016
ollah1:

Which proof do you have to back this up?

sorry i felt HARDMIRROR has proven it for us that there is a place

HardMirror:
Miracles exists
Witchcraft
Speaking in tongues is real
Everything supernatural about christianity is real.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I tire for them o!

they're being held in the shackles of religion by FEAR

the one thing keeping theists in line

hahaha really... i think yall athiest are falling over yourselves to be blinded that your Maker is using your hero HARDMIRROR to place a witness for or against you that HARDMIRROR has confirmed that everything supernatural about christianity is TRUE and real... and you all have failed to see it... wooow... see how using their own to witness to the SUPERNATURAL.. thanks HARDMIRROW for your testimony... am blessed someone shout halleluyah
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 7:00am On Nov 23, 2016
KaLuCh:
@op

I can't exactly figure if the loopholes in your story are there for a reason or you simply were in too much haste to post it off and take question sessions (which is by the way another indication of the bogus nature of your story, and your desperation) that you didn't read through to fix them.

And if any intelligent person here read it really and is capable of common understanding, they wouldn't call you an atheist, they'd say you're some dude who for some reasons he didn't quite make clear, is pissed off at God and decides to deny His existence.

and for the atheists here screaming bravo.. Really? y'all read all that cap and threw your weight behind it?

my advice to the Christians on NL, disregard this, and all smiliar posts by NL infant atheists. They joke too much.
they just SAW PASTOR TO ATHEIST and they stopped using thier greymatter to read that the SUPERNATURAL CHRISTIANITY is so so so very REAL to which they have vainly tried to discredit.... grin grin grin grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 7:02am On Nov 23, 2016
uvalued:

bros i hope no be bicos of HARDMIRROR testimony ko? on another thought... i love his tesimony that an athiest have confirmed that the christian supernatural is REAL yet athiests have latched up to this thread like seriously... who vehemently refuse to accept the existence of a non physical meta physical diemension but before their very eyes and the mind they boast of,a confirmation of SUPERNATURAL by an athiest has been given.. a witness of the word of GOD to all athiest including seun grin grin
You alone have mentioned me over 20 times. Masquerades are real but they are not your ancestors or spirits. They are ordinary human beings in costume.
Speaking in tongues is real but it is not any holy spirit gift.
Healing is real but it is same with adrenaline boost or placebo effect.
Witches are real, because there are many who think they are witches, deeper investigations wld reveal they are mostly victims of psychological disorders probably and the so called process of deliverance is a form of hypnosis. I don't want to talk much on how this can be done, but do a little research and you may learn more on hypnosis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 7:04am On Nov 23, 2016
uvalued:

Smh... Extremely Low IQ is real indeed.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 7:09am On Nov 23, 2016
uvalued:

i tell you how an atheist confirmed that MIRACLES, CHRISTIQN SUPERNATURAL,WORD OF KNOWLEDGE are REAL grin grin grin proving athiest that there is more than the physical ...
Learn about open-eyed cold reading and closed-eyed cold reading.
Miracles are not real, else you wld have seen amputated limbs growing almost every day just as headache is being cured every day.
Prophesy are not real just look at tb joshua, all he does are educated guesses.
The supernatural are as real as masquerades, are masquerades really spirits? They are as real as magic, is magic really spiritual? If you think magic is supernatural then it shows how ignorant you are, cos I was once like you.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2016
HardMirror:

You alone have mentioned me over 20 times. Masquerades are real but they are not your ancestors or spirits. They are ordinary human beings in costume.
Witches are real, because there are many who think they are witches, deeper investigations wld reveal they are mostly victims of psychological disorders probably and the so called process of deliverance is a form of hypnosis. I don't want to talk much on how this can be done, but do a little research and you may learn more on hypnosis.

really really... sure i would mention you becos you are a good testimony to the reality of the supernatural... and its TRUE EOD! secondly becos one can mimic the supernatural using mind manipulative measure does not give away that their is no REAL supernatural.... moses and pharoah magician comes to mind.... finally if the mind that grey matter when manipulated (which you claim is what you used), pray tell me, why not manipulate your brain so that you can use it now (like you did as WORD OF KNOWLEDGE) to help our troops know when where boko haram will strike next since we christians are so poor in using the word of knowledge to help the govt fight crime and terrorism etc
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 7:17am On Nov 23, 2016
Gift101:

When were you born to this world ?

Even as young as i am i've witness the power of God live (not on tv screen). Do you think it is ordinary for a man to give a prophesy and it came to pass ?

There's one couple he gave a prophesy to, he told them that the people attacking them spiritually to make the woman mad is from their compound. He told them that one of their neighbour is angry that woman has given birth to a baby. He told them that God has remove the madness from her and when they get home that evening (around 5pm) they'll hear that one of their neighbour died moments ago. Seun to be sincere they came to testify during thursday programme that indeed one of their neighbour died.
Hehehehe
You have been fooled, if you were half as smart as you think you were, you shld have wondered why you have never seen an amputee grow back his limbs after prayers, you would have wondered why you have never seen a beheaded dead person come back to life. Or can't your god do all things? What of those who have their eyes plucked out can they be healed? Lol. Your pastors all know they can't heal a rat that is why you don't see them going to hospitals. Tb joshua and oyakilome shld go the the Lagos teaching hospital and empty the place cheesy lol

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 7:18am On Nov 23, 2016
HardMirror:

Smh... Extremely Low IQ is real indeed.

haha so my good HARDMIRROR are you now denying your words to that effect that the CHRISTIAN supernatural is REAL? pls your word your bond except you want to rescind on your very HIGH IQ that made you post that EVERYTHING supernatural about CHRISTIANITY is TRUE grin grin grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 7:21am On Nov 23, 2016
uvalued:

really really... sure i would mention you becos you are a good testimony to the reality of the supernatural... and its TRUE EOD! secondly becos one can mimic the supernatural using mind manipulative measure does not give away that their is no REAL supernatural.... moses and pharoah magician comes to mind.... finally if the mind that grey matter when manipulated (which you claim is what you used), pray tell me, why not manipulate your brain so that you can use it now (like you did as WORD OF KNOWLEDGE) to help our troops know when where boko haram will strike next since we christians are so poor in using the word of knowledge to help the govt fight crime and terrorism etc
Are u even sure moses did all those miracles? Lol
So because a book says it happens, that means it happened?
Then do you believe in the legends of zeus too? Or great feats of krishna? Or mighty works of Jupiter?
Lol
You folks think like kid, little wonder you are easy to fool.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 7:21am On Nov 23, 2016
HardMirror:

Miracles are not real, else you wld have seen amputated limbs growing almost every day just as headache is being cured every day.
The supernatural are as real as masquerades, are masquerades really spirits? They are as real as magic, is magic really spiritual? If you think magic is supernatural then it shows how ignorant you are, cos I was once like you.

let me google real to understand HARDMIRROR
[quote][/quote]
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 7:22am On Nov 23, 2016
uvalued:

haha so my good HARDMIRROR are you now denying your words to that effect that the CHRISTIAN supernatural is REAL? pls your word your bond except you want to rescind on your very HIGH IQ that made you post that EVERYTHING supernatural about CHRISTIANITY is TRUE grin grin grin
Deny? No way, speaking in tongues is real. Is it a gift of the holy spirit? No, it is mumbo jumbo.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by YTderin(f): 7:22am On Nov 23, 2016
Never have I seen so many atheists together in one place as this thread. It feels so comforting to know I'm not alone.
The live chat idea, mentioned earlier is a good idea. Would be really cool to interact with like minded people.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2016
HardMirror:

let me google real to understand HARDMIRROR

re·al1
ˈrē(ə)l/
adjective
actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.
"Julius Caesar was a real person"
synonyms: actual, nonfictional, factual, real-life; More
(of a substance or thing) not imitation or artificial; genuine.
"the earring was presumably real gold"
synonyms: genuine, authentic, bona fide; More

and HARDMIRROR posted this

HardMirror:
Miracles exists
Witchcraft
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 7:28am On Nov 23, 2016
HardMirror:

Deny? No way, speaking in tongues is real. Is it a gift of the holy spirit? No, it is mumbo jumbo.

mumbo jumbo but it does give you thereputic effect... but your co travellers have found it shamefully a religious activity.... it does not obey natural reasoning and logic yet it give thee therapuetic effect.... am learning grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by raphieMontella: 7:31am On Nov 23, 2016
HardMirror:

the guy is dumb...i notiiced it from the onset...
Lacks simple comprehensive and reading abilitiies..
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2016
HardMirror:

Are u even sure moses did all those miracles? Lol
So because a book says it happens, that means it happened?
Then do you believe in the legends of zeus too? Or great feats of krishna? Or mighty works of Jupiter?
Lol
You folks think like kid, little wonder you are easy to fool.

as you have fooled your co travellers who have failed to read this

HardMirror:
Miracles exists
Witchcraft

my friend ... no one has seen evolution in action but yall have latched unto it for something apart from the genesis account on the origin of life and you expect less of me to believe in a book other than your philosophical reasoning.. whats more there is freedom of thought to believe anything.. even if you cannot prove it like evolution. oh you dont believe in evolution?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (90) (Reply)

The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.