Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,088 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208973 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2021
Christianity as practiced in Nigeria na scam, they are all hypocrites.

How should Christianity be practiced?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bacteriologist(m): 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Can you help me with any amount of money?

Excuse me?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
Bacteriologist:

Excuse me?

If it's not possible
Tell me
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bacteriologist(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2021
Image123:

If i have not known you for years, i will say you read mischievously. However, read what i said carefully, i mentioned that "even" researchers have not concluded that there is no life in neighbouring planets, but you affirmed for the whole universe from your bedroom.

Life as we know it cannot possibly exist on all the neighbouring planets that we know of due to extreme atmospheric conditions. The most subtle atmospheric conditions are found on Mars and probably Venus, and there's still no reason to conclude that life is present there as well.

For the rest like Mercury, Jupiter, we can logically conclude that carbon based life does not /cannot exist on these planets.

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bacteriologist:

Life as we know it cannot possibly exist on all the neighbouring planets that we know of due to extreme atmospheric conditions. The most subtle atmospheric conditions are found on Mars and probably Venus, and there's still no reason to conclude that life is present there as well.

For the rest like Mercury, Jupiter, we can logically conclude that carbon based life does not /cannot exist on these planets.

Of course, the solar system is the universe, isn't it?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bacteriologist(m): 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
Image123:

However, read what i said carefully, i mentioned that "even" researchers have not concluded that there is no life in neighbouring planets,

Refer to this.

Image123:

Of course, the solar system is the universe, isn't it?

My first reply has f*ck all to do with the universe.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bacteriologist:

Refer to this.

My first reply has f*ck all to do with the universe.

Do you speak English, because i barely made sense of the gibberish. There's nothing like life as you know it BTW, that's just an attempt to shift goalposts. Ordinary moon, we still dey explore. Very convenient to lie on your bed and make conclusions about other planets far bigger than 30% land filled earth that is still being discovered till tomorrow.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bacteriologist(m): 11:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
Image123:

Do you speak English, because i barely made sense of the gibberish. There's nothing like life as you know it BTW, that's just an attempt to shift goalposts. Ordinary moon, we still dey explore. Very convenient to lie on your bed and make conclusions about other planets far bigger than 30% land filled earth that is still being discovered till tomorrow.

"Life as we know it" refers to Carbon based life. Life based on other elements might theoretically exist but we haven't found them, or know how to look for them.

So when we say we cannot find Life on a planet, we refer to carbon-based life, which is the one we know and can test for.

It's called basic science, rather than "shifting of goal posts."

And how really sensible of you to conclude that scientists sit on their bed and make conclusions about other planets. It not only sounds like something someone who has zero knowledge about how science works would say, it's also very rich coming from someone who believes what goat herders wrote in a middle aged adulterated book about the earth and the universe at a time where space exploration was practically impossible.

Maybe you should take your own advice, and stop believing in things that came from the least qualified people.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 12:09am On Sep 11, 2021
Bacteriologist:

"Life as we know it" refers to Carbon based life. Life based on other elements might theoretically exist but we haven't found them, or know how to look for them.

So when we say we cannot find Life on a planet, we refer to carbon-based life, which is the one we know and can test for.

And how really sensible of you to conclude that scientists sit on their bed and make conclusions about other planets. It not only sounds like something someone who has zero knowledge about how science works would say, it's also very rich coming from someone who believes what goat herders wrote in a middle aged adulterated book about the earth and the universe at a time where space exploration was practically impossible.

Maybe you should take your own advice, and stop believing in things that came from the least qualified people.

Armchair scientist, lol. Drum this into your skull, there is no conclusion that life is not found in other planets. Your gods spend billions of dollars annually researching it.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bacteriologist(m): 12:10am On Sep 11, 2021
Image123:

Armchair scientist, lol. Drum this into your skull, there is no conclusion that life is not found in other planets. Your gods spend billions of dollars annually researching it.

Yeah...no
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 12:16am On Sep 11, 2021
Bacteriologist:

Yeah...no

Definition of a confused person.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bacteriologist(m): 12:22am On Sep 11, 2021
Image123:

Definition of a confused person.

Sure....I don't expect a bible bashing science denier to be able to even remotely understand sarcasm. Or grasp other forms of linguistic commentary, It's obviously too much work.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 3:36am On Sep 11, 2021
HardMirror:
CONTINUATION...
MIRACLES!
Yeah! I mean it miracles were real. They don't happen always, but they did happen and still happen.
Also most of the gift of the spirit (Note GIFT of spirit is different from Fruit of the spirit). So I had the gift of word of knowledge strongly at work in me. I could easily tell people what was going on in their lives. This made me rise very fast in my school fellowship then and I was highly revered.
This gift made me the perfect candidate to anchor revivals and preach during our out reaches (crusades).
I am not good at teaching scripture, tho I was very vast. But I made sure I used my gift at every opportunity. Reason why it was easy for me to have so many converts.
When I preach people end Up rolling on the floor crying.
By the way I was a member of Anglican Student Fellowship. But I was nothing of the typical Anglican. I was a man of the spirit.
I preach with my eyes closed. I hardly open my eyes. I just go on stage and start delivering the word as the spirit lead. I start revealing the problems people are going thru, I start revealing the sins people were commiting in secret and before you know it the whole fellowship is crying . People will be rolling on the floor crying.
How could Bro...... Now end up being an atheist?

https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian/2#45191048

At the bolded and many more was where you began to fall. You got carried away by so many activities.

You lost focus of the one who makes all things happen (God) and focused more on yourself alone which is evident in your use of " I" "I did" "I did" "I did". Taking God out of the picture and projecting yourself all through. This would have also been your mind set which was what prolly shut you out of his presence and you ended up feeling empty and void making you think God doesn't exist.

Look, God says, it not by power nor by might ( which you have been on about with the so many " I did this and that" in your story so far) but by His spirit. Anything short of that, you are on your own just like you've ended up.

Remember what you're doing is a sin against the Holy spirit that can never be forgiven.

Try and read up on Bro jiggaz post to understand the true meaning of salvation and how works and religious activities don't qualify you for heaven or make you righteous.
you simply overworked yourself to a weary point and fell because by strength Shall no man prevail.

IT IS NOT BY ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE BUT WHAT CHRIST DID ON THE CROSS.

STOP FRONTING YOURSELF. JESUS IS AND SHOULD BE THE ONLY CENTER OF FOCUS BECAUSE HES THE ONLY ONE WHO EARNED IT AND WAS GIVEN A NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 4:56am On Sep 11, 2021
Bacteriologist:

Sure....I don't expect a bible bashing science denier to be able to even remotely understand sarcasm. Or grasp other forms of linguistic commentary, It's obviously too much work.

How can we expect an ignoramus who doesn't know much about life than "life as he knows it" not to exhibit confusion?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 5:01am On Sep 11, 2021
Mercychen:

At the bolded and many more was where you began to fall. You got carried away by so many activities.

You lost focus of the one who makes all things happen (God) and focused more on yourself alone which is evident in your use of " I" "I did" "I did" "I did". Taking God out of the picture and projecting yourself all through. This would have also been your mind set which was what prolly shut you out of his presence and you ended up feeling empty and void making you think God doesn't exist.

Look, God says, it not by power nor by might ( which you have been on about with the so many " I did this and that" in your story so far) but by His spirit. Anything short of that, you are on your own just like you've ended up.

Remember what you're doing is a sin against the Holy spirit that can never be forgiven.

Try and read up on Bro jiggaz post to understand the true meaning of salvation and how works and religious activities don't qualify you for heaven or make you righteous.
you simply overworked yourself to a weary point and fell because by strength Shall no man prevail.

IT IS NOT BY ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE BUT WHAT CHRIST DID ON THE CROSS.

STOP FRONTING YOURSELF. JESUS IS AND SHOULD BE THE ONLY CENTER OF FOCUS BECAUSE HES THE ONLY ONE WHO EARNED IT AND WAS GIVEN A NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES.

Lol, you're preaching to the choir here. The OP has forgotten those things happened, the devourer devoured his brain.

2Pe 1:9 KJV But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bacteriologist(m): 8:02am On Sep 11, 2021
Image123:

How can we expect an ignoramus who doesn't know much about life than "life as he knows it" not to exhibit confusion?

Yawns..So I digged up some articles about what what I mean by that term and how it's a phrase thats backed by research.

https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.0020302

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC516796/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3718341/

I don't expect you to read it. Because I don't deem anyone who believes in goat herders generated myth to have any interest in actual scientific research and evidence based scientific terms..

But then again I'm slightly hoping you can finally put your brain to a little use, read some science and acknowledge that there are phrases you might not have about before.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18am On Sep 11, 2021
HardMirror:
CONTINUATION...
MIRACLES!
Yeah! I mean it miracles were real. They don't happen always, but they did happen and still happen.
Also most of the gift of the spirit (Note GIFT of spirit is different from Fruit of the spirit). So I had the gift of word of knowledge strongly at work in me. I could easily tell people what was going on in their lives. This made me rise very fast in my school fellowship then and I was highly revered.
This gift made me the perfect candidate to anchor revivals and preach during our out reaches (crusades).
I am not good at teaching scripture, tho I was very vast. But I made sure I used my gift at every opportunity. Reason why it was easy for me to have so many converts.
When I preach people end Up rolling on the floor crying.
By the way I was a member of Anglican Student Fellowship. But I was nothing of the typical Anglican. I was a man of the spirit.
I preach with my eyes closed. I hardly open my eyes. I just go on stage and start delivering the word as the spirit lead. I start revealing the problems people are going thru, I start revealing the sins people were commiting in secret and before you know it the whole fellowship is crying . People will be rolling on the floor crying.
How could Bro...... Now end up being an atheist?

https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian/2#45191048

According to your story it is evident that a demon was working in you back then!

Demons works in many ways, that's why true Christians agree with God's word when it says the GIFTS of the spirit will soon complete it's work in Christianity and later cease {1Corinthians 13:8-10} because demons can do all those things too as they're also spirits unless God intercept it {Exodus 8:1-18} since they're the rulers of this world {2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} the can perform wonders and signs everywhere!

So if you have such GIFTS today, true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) know that it's demons that's behind it {Act 16:16-19} in fact that's the more reason why all the other religions on planet earth hate us with passion {Matthew 10:22; John 15:19-21} because the gifts that makes their founders celebrities in the world means nothing to us! John 17:14

Well i've told you my friend, you were never a Christian but a misinformed churchgoer! smiley
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 8:24am On Sep 11, 2021
Bacteriologist:

Yawns..So I digged up some articles about what what I mean by that term and how it's a phrase thats backed by research.

https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.0020302

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC516796/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3718341/

I don't expect you to read it. Because I don't deem anyone who believes in goat herders generated myth to have any interest in actual scientific research and evidence based scientific terms..

But then again I'm slightly hoping you can finally put your brain to a little use, read some science and acknowledge that there are phrases you might not have about before.

Do you reason at all or you just read? Are the larger percentage of your teachers and the people who wrote what you are directing me to not theists? SMH. Read properly and reason, i don't say that i have not heard the phrase, i rightly said you don't know much about life than that. We know and pass the toys you struggle with in flying colours. We also know that life is more than toys. Really don't expect you to gerrit, it seems beyond your capacity evidently.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

According to your story it is evident that a demon was working in you back then!

Demons works in many ways, that's why true Christians agree with God's word when it says the GIFTS of the spirit will soon complete it's work in Christianity and later cease {1Corinthians 13:8-10} because demons can do all those things too as they're also spirits unless God intercept it {Exodus 8:1-18} since they're the rulers of this world {2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} the can perform wonders and signs everywhere!

So if you have such GIFTS today, true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) know that it's demons that's behind it {Act 16:16-19} in fact that's the more reason why all the other religions on planet earth hate us with passion {Matthew 10:22; John 15:19-21} because the gifts that makes their founders celebrities in the world means nothing to us! John 17:14

Well i've told you my friend, you were never a Christian but a misinformed churchgoer! smiley

And you are a Christian, cheesy cheesy
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bacteriologist(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2021
Image123:

Do you reason at all or you just read? Are the larger percentage of your teachers and the people who wrote what you are directing me to not theists? SMH. Read properly and reason, i don't say that i have not heard the phrase, i rightly said you don't know much about life than that. We know and pass the toys you struggle with in flying colours. We also know that life is more than toys. Really don't expect you to gerrit, it seems beyond your capacity evidently.

Did you read the articles I posted. I bet no.
Lmaoo

What does scientists being theists have to do with what we understand about life? Nothing.

And how did you get into my head to know "I don't know much about life than that?"

Did the holyghost teach you that? That its cool to make assumptions and direct actual projections about what you think about yourself on others?

god you're so condescending it's unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2021
Image123:

And you are a Christian, cheesy cheesy
You said so! Luke 22:67 smiley
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
Bacteriologist:

Did you read the articles I posted. I bet no.
Lmaoo

What does scientists being theists have to do with what we understand about life? Nothing.

And how did you get into my head to know "I don't know much about life than that?"

Did the holyghost teach you that? That its cool to make assumptions and direct actual projections about what you think about yourself on others?

god you're so condescending it's unbelievable.

Your point of me reading the articles is for me to understand "life as you know it". It's not a new phrase so it is pointless asking me to read through what i already know. You can't just give me silly and pointless assignments.
Good to hear you know that a great percentage of the researchers and your teachers are theists like me. Get it into your skull that knowledge of science and certificates in science doesn't mean that you worship science or take it as final answer. Your papers have no answers as seen in them, i have the answer from God's Word, you are free to drink your urine if that helps you. Life is beyond what you know it as, very simple and straightforward. There is no sanity in declaring that there's no life outside earth when you don't even know life.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You said so! Luke 22:67 smiley

The truth makes you free friend, you are an hypocrite still.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ògbéni, i wasn't talking to you so please maintain your lane, you and i have agreed that we are not serving the same God therefore face yours while face mine! smiley

Image123:

The truth makes you free friend, you are an hypocrite still.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Ògbéni, i wasn't talking to you so please maintain your lane, you and i have agreed that we are not serving the same God therefore face yours while face mine! smiley

You're still an hypocrite and not a Christian nonetheless, know this and be free.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
Image123:

You're still an hypocrite and not a Christian nonetheless, know this and be free.

Go and attend to your own God, i'm working for mine just like other members of my global family with whom i share the same line of thought! John 17:20-23 smiley
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:42am On Sep 12, 2021
HardMirror:
Now christianity is a fantastic religion. Although we love saying christianity is not a religion (smiles), we prefer saying it is a relationship with God. I smile because these are part of the things that makes christianity seem special. (More on this later)

Many people erroneously think atheists were never good christians, or that they become atheists because they want to sin. Lol, that is absolutely wrong. It is almost impossible to be a better christian than I was. I don't joke with purity and sincerity. I fast for more than half of the year, to maintain a good level of purity and focus. (And I was damn thin too).

This is one of the reasons why it is impossible to convert me again. There is nothing anyone can say or do that shakes me.

So christians online stop thinking people are not being sincere when they say they are atheists.

MY JOURNEY TO ATHEISM BEGINS: https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian#45183779
Lol, why do people forget that anyone from any religion can be an atheist? More often that not, people who leave a religion to become atheists are often thought to have been Christians?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 9:56am On Sep 12, 2021
Bacteriologist:

You get time to dey answer him. He as zero knowledge of science or what science means.
He first talked about neighbouring planets when we tried to educate him that life in any of our neighbouring planets is almost impossible, he then sifted goal post to planets in the entire universe..

On referring to carbon based life, it almost certain that life cannot be based on any other element outside carbon. Why? Because carbon is the only element capable of forming infinite covalent bonds with other elements. It has the maximum covalency of 4. The only other element that comes close is silicon. And if life could be based on silicon, we would have seen evidence here on earth as silicon is far more abundant on earth than carbon.

Remember biological life is a system of self duplicating molecules.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bacteriologist(m): 10:46am On Sep 12, 2021
wirinet:

You get time to dey answer him. He as zero knowledge of science or what science means.
He first talked about neighbouring planets when we tried to educate him that life in any of our neighbouring planets is almost impossible, he then sifted goal post to planets in the entire universe..

On referring to carbon based life, it almost certain that life cannot be based on any other element outside carbon. Why? Because carbon is the only element capable of forming infinite covalent bonds with other elements. It has the maximum covalency of 4. The only other element that comes close is silicon. And if life could be based on silicon, we would have seen evidence here on earth as silicon is far more abundant on earth than carbon.

Remember biological life is a system of self duplicating molecules.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. I would argue based on your last statement. Biological life is a system of self replicating molecules from what we know.

Conscious life may still be able to exist based on some process that may not necessarily be self-replicating, we simply haven't found that out yet. Remember, life on earth already has a nearly implausible chance of occurring but it still did.

I would say it's possible that some other life process with an even more tiny fraction of that of carbon-based life occuring exists. And

1. It just hasn't happened yet.
2. It has gone extinct.
3. It exists in some distant planet that we can probably never discover.

Science is based on inductive knowledge a.k.a (experience) so everything I have said is Hypothesis.

And we can, in the realms of science, state that life cannot exist aside from carbon based life.

But induction does have it's own flaws. And speaking from a broader epistemological perspective, the universe is so large that it would be arrogant to think we are the only life that exists.

With Mr Image grin I like to state that when I engage theists like him, I do it so that people who may be reading at later times can see how dishonest a lot of them are and how warped a lot of their thinking process can be. The Dunning Kruger effect is best demonstrated by conversing with ignorant Christians and Muslims.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 10:37am On Sep 14, 2021
We are on the same page save a slight different of perspective on the definition of life.

I was talking about Biological Life , but you made a distinction between biological life and conscious life. (Consciousness) I have no definition of conscious life. Consciousness is a very controversial subject. Some people tie consciousness with life, while others (lots of others) believe consciousness can exist outside biological life.

I don't know about conscious life, but biological life has a very narrow set of conditions to exist. And earth is about the only planet in our solar system with those exact set of conditions. Most likely these set of conditions are also present in other planets in other star systems, but we are yet to see the evidence.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
Anas09:

Hahahahahahahahaha. Hardmirror. I was never a Christian by your standard okwaya?
Guy, grow up and stop deceiving yourself. You called yourself a pastor. A pastor who was called into ministry as a teenager.
You were in Church, I give you that, but just like many others who feel being born in a society where people go to church and attended Church makes them Christians, you got it all wrong.

You didn't know your right from your left.
YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT EFF OUTTA HERE. grin

not interested in arguing with you.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Rilwayne001: 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
Anas09:

The days that I spend time trying to put people like you through are over, just do ya thing. One thing is sure, no one will escape Jesus.
Believe it, reject it, deny it. But, when you close your eyes, you shall find yourself standing before Him for Judgement

Lmao grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.