Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

And Jehovah Lied! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / And Jehovah Lied! (3137 Views)

What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? / There Is Energy Creator Outside The Hologram - Allah And Jehovah Not Same Entity / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 12:32pm On May 01, 2016
Jozzy4:

oga, a DAY with God is 24hours ? grin , honestly u guys wont cease to amaze me with ur poor reasoning.

Lol. Read what you wrote AGAIN. How many hours come be one day before? undecided

for more information.. read 2 peter 3:8 and then tell me if Adam didnt die in a day ?

I already read it. What about Genesis 5:5 which says Altogether, Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died. undecided

where is Adam ? afterall he didnt die.

He died but not because they ate the fruit.

what cause old age ?

Read carefully:

In humans, ageing represents the accumulation of changes in a human being over time,[1] encompassing physical, psychological, and social change. Reaction time, for example, may slow with age, while knowledge of world events and wisdom may expand. Ageing is among the greatest known risk factors for most human diseases:[2] of the roughly 150,000 people who die each day across the globe, about two thirds die from age-related causes.

The causes of ageing are unknown; current theories are assigned to the damage concept, whereby the accumulation of externally induced damage (such as DNA point mutations) may cause biological systems to fail, or to the programmed ageing concept, whereby internal processes (such as DNA telomere shortening) may cause ageing.

The discovery, in 1934, that calorie restriction can extend lifespan twofold in rats, and the existence of species having negligible senescence and potentially immortal species such as Hydra, have motivated research into delaying and preventing ageing and thus age-related diseases.

You can do more research @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageing

u dont expect a bread produced from a bent pan not to have a bent pattern, do you ?

mankind suffer because they came out of Adam - Romans 5:12

Crap. We only suffer because we are human and it is part of life.

Let me ask YOU a question. Why didn't god just forgive Adam and Eve and the devil so we would be living happily forever. If god knew that the devil would tempt them, why didn't he warn them afterall it was their first sin?

Using your own brain, do you think that what god is justified? First by lying and second by punishing ALL generations. Why didn't he just punish Adam and Eve? Why all the evils?

undecided
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Jozzy4: 1:02pm On May 01, 2016
hahn:

Lol. Read what you wrote AGAIN. How many hours come be one day before? undecided

thats why u need 1pet 3:8 for proper enlightenment.

I already read it. What about Genesis 5:5 which says Altogether, Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died. undecided

good! if u read 1pet 3:8 , does 930 years equal 1000 years ( which is a day ) ?

He died but not because they ate the fruit.

Read carefully:

In humans, ageing represents the accumulation of changes in a human being over time,[1] encompassing physical, psychological, and social change. Reaction time, for example, may slow with age, while knowledge of world events and wisdom may expand. Ageing is among the greatest known risk factors for most human diseases:[2] of the roughly 150,000 people who die each day across the globe, about two thirds die from age-related causes.

" The causes of ageing are unknown ; current theories are assigned to the damage concept, whereby the accumulation of externally induced damage (such as DNA point mutations) may cause biological systems to fail, or to the programmed ageing concept, whereby internal processes (such as DNA telomere shortening) may cause ageing.

The discovery, in 1934, that calorie restriction can extend lifespan twofold in rats, and the existence of species having negligible senescence and potentially immortal species such as Hydra, have motivated research into delaying and preventing ageing and thus age-related diseases.

You can do more research @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageing

the bold part of your article admits scientific research dont KNOW what cause ageing.

Crap. We only suffer because we are human and it is part of life.

Let me ask YOU a question. Why didn't god just forgive Adam and Eve and the devil so we would be living happily forever. If god knew that the devil would tempt them, why didn't he warn them afterall it was their first sin?

Using your own brain, do you think that what god is justified? First by lying and second by punishing ALL generations. Why didn't he just punish Adam and Eve? Why all the evils?

undecided

you still have no prove for ur baseless assertion of lying, unless u can give me evidence of Adam living more that a thousand years.

then u asked: why didnt God forgive Adam ?

its like u dont know humans, you interact with people day in day out, so I believe u sud know better.

Devil challenge Gods authority to rule saying we humans can decide right and wrong for ourselves. that implies independence from God in making decisions and thus we can rule ourself without Gods interference, can we ?

to answer this question, God gave mankind and Devil the chance to rule ourselves, that WILL CLEAR ALL DOUBT ON WHETHER WE HUMANS CAN SUCEED WITHOUT GOD OR NOT.

now lets say God forgives: some humans , infact majority will say " life would have been much more better if we are independent, There is nothing God do that will satisfy us cos we will feel we can rule ourselves"

the decision to allow us rule ourselves is a wise one .

for example: lets say a neighbour of urs approach ur child saying " ur dad is cruel , he hide alot of good things from you" ur child said " NO" , then the person asks " which school do u attend " .. ur child said " UNN nsukka " ... the neighbour replied " rubbish, u see what am saying Cant he sponsor u ABROAD, he has the money ... if u live with me I will send you overseas for ur education and provide everything for u not like ur father who retains u in this useless country "

Now ur child approach you: Dad , I wish to go and live with Mr Onyeka , please allow me ?

hahn, will you allow him ?

- if u say YES ... i will ask why ?

- if u say NO ... can u live with the lifetime consequence ?

1 Like

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 01, 2016
Johnny19:
I just pray one prayer for u dat wen all of u come back to ur senses it won't be late.

I'm saying this with tears in my eyes....
undecided undecided undecided
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by anaton(m): 1:39pm On May 01, 2016
The death is a spiritual one. It means that the relationship with the most high is broken. Once a person falls out with God that person is dead spiritually.That's why Jesus Christ came and died so that the relationship with God will be amended and we will have eternal life. I don't expect the atheist to accept this because they cannot understand it
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 2:15pm On May 01, 2016
Johnny19:
I just pray one prayer for u dat wen all of u come back to ur senses it won't be late.

I'm saying this with tears in my eyes....

Pictures of you crying or idonbelieveit undecided
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 2:29pm On May 01, 2016
Jozzy4:

thats why u need 1pet 3:8 for proper enlightenment.

good! if u read 1pet 3:8 , does 930 years equal 1000 years ( which is a day ) ?

This 1000 years for one day is simply ridiculous. You have only succeeded in pointing out how ridiculous your god is.

the bold part of your article admits scientific research dont KNOW what cause ageing.

At least they are researching. What are you doing? Relying on books written over 2000 years ago by people who thought the earth was flat, who thought the moon and stars are sources of light and who calculated their wealth in sheep and goats?

you still have no prove for ur baseless assertion of lying, unless u can give me evidence of Adam living more that a thousand years.

This your point will lead us no where because the idea of "god's time" and "our time" is simply ridiculous.

then u asked: why didnt God forgive Adam ?

its like u dont know humans, you interact with people day in day out, so I believe u sud know better.

Yes I am human. We are talking about a self acclaimed all-forgiving, all-loving god. Apparently, it's not.

Devil challenge Gods authority to rule saying we humans can decide right and wrong for ourselves. that implies independence from God in making decisions and thus we can rule ourself without Gods interference, can we ?

Of course we can. Man has always ruled himself and never in history has god done anything about it. You can use the recent Enugu killings as an example.

to answer this question, God gave mankind and Devil the chance to rule ourselves, that WILL CLEAR ALL DOUBT ON WHETHER WE HUMANS CAN SUCEED WITHOUT GOD OR NOT.

What about countries like Holland that have very low crime rate and majority of their citizens do not believe in your god? With all the prayers rendered from Nigeria, why hasn't god done anything positive?

now lets say God forgives: some humans , infact majority will say " life would have been much more better if we are independent, There is nothing God do that will satisfy us cos we will feel we can rule ourselves"

the decision to allow us rule ourselves is a wise one .

God doesn't exist

for example: lets say a neighbour of urs approach ur child saying " ur dad is cruel , he hide alot of good things from you" ur child said " NO" , then the person asks " which school do u attend " .. ur child said " UNN nsukka " ... the neighbour replied " rubbish, u see what am saying Cant he sponsor u ABROAD, he has the money ... if u live with me I will send you overseas for ur education and provide everything for u not like ur father who retains u in this useless country "

Now ur child approach you: Dad , I wish to go and live with Mr Onyeka , please allow me ?

hahn, will you allow him ?

- if u say YES ... i will ask why ?

- if u say NO ... can u live with the lifetime consequence ?

First of all, I will charge that neighbor with attempted kidnapping. Second, my child will be smarter than that. Finally, even if my child goes behind my back and travels with my neighbor without letting me know I will not curse him and punish his whole generation, instead I will admit that I didn't provide enough for him unlike your god that has decided to punish everybody for eternity undecided

Why do you serve a heartless god that you are not sure exists?

1 Like

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by tempem: 3:20pm On May 01, 2016
hahn:

Yes I will. Kindly enlighten me.

Waiting in anticipation
Thanks for that...... Well, one thing is this, God said in Gen 2:17 ".............for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die". Yes, that's your point, right? So did Adam died that same day? From human standpoint, we'll say No, after all they gave birth and lived so long before they died eventually. But from the Bible's Viewpoint, what makes a day in God's eye? Psalm 90:4 answers "For a thousand years are in your(God's) eyes just as Yesterday. Note: when a thousand years passes by, that's a day in God's eye. The question now is, does Adam lived past a thousand years which God views as a day? The Bible simply said at Gen 5:5 ".... . .Adam's life amounted to 930 years, and he died". Here the Bible simply said he died less than a thousand years, and was unable to go beyond that day and see another one. If he had lived past a thousand years, that would have made God a liar.. But, that wasn't the case, because from knowing what years amounts to a day in God's eye, Adam couldn't live past a thousand years. He died that day!!... Did God's word make sense here?

2 Likes

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 3:39pm On May 01, 2016
tempem:
Thanks for that...... Well, one thing is this, God said in Gen 2:17 ".............for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die". Yes, that's your point, right? So did Adam died that same day? From human standpoint, we'll say No, after all they gave birth and lived so long before they died eventually. But from the Bible's Viewpoint, what makes a day in God's eye? Psalm 90:4 answers "For a thousand years are in your(God's) eyes just as Yesterday. Note: when a thousand years passes by, that's a day in God's eye. The question now is, does Adam lived past a thousand years which God views as a day? The Bible simply said at Gen 5:5 ".... . .Adam's life amounted to 930 years, and he died". Here the Bible simply said he died less than a thousand years, and was unable to go beyond that day and see another one. If he had lived past a thousand years, that would have made God a liar.. But, that wasn't the case, because from knowing what years amounts to a day in God's eye, Adam couldn't live past a thousand years. He died that day!!... Did God's word make sense here?

No it doesn't. The 1000years=1 years argument is only giving you the right to be evasive.

He was talking to humans and there is no where he tells them that he is referring to his own meaning of one day, whatever the hell that is. He was talking to human, so obviously he meants one day when he said it and not 1,000 years. I don't know why this god likes confusion so much.

Either way, from a human stand point he was lying. And until you can prove that the spiritual exists then the fact still remain. God is a liar

1 Like

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 01, 2016
Inasmuch as I believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, sometimes you atheists take this thing damn too far.

God had told Adam that if they eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they would die. Now obviously they did not die immediately. God did not say they would die immediately, but only said they would die. Eventually they did die, another experience which they would not have known without eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Just because the Bible says they did not die physically immediately after eating the fruit does not make God a liar, and it does not, in any way, contradict what God said.

What they experienced was a spiritual death, and this is evident in the immediate separation they had from God. The physical death was postponed due to God's grace, but the spiritual was immediate.

Before they ate from the tree, Adam and Eve knew each other completely and without shame:

Now the man and his wife were both naked, but they felt no shame -- Genesis 2:25.

Naked in that verse not only meant physically, but emotionally and spiritually. They were fully seen by each other in every aspect, and neither was ashamed of themselves or the other. In essence, they had a perfect relationship with each other. Also, they knew God and had a perfect relationship with him. At the moment Adam ate the fruit, the perfect relationship they had experienced with each other and with God ended. In other words, they died. We use similar language today when we say things like: You're dead to me; or I died that day.

We are not, in those cases, referring to physical death, but death of some relationship or of some experience.
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by tempem: 4:51pm On May 01, 2016
hahn:

No it doesn't. The 1000years=1 years argument is only giving you the right to be evasive.

He was talking to humans and there is no where he tells them that he is referring to his own meaning of one day, whatever the hell that is. He was talking to human, so obviously he meants one day when he said it and not 1,000 years. I don't know why this god likes confusion so much.

Either way, from a human stand point he was lying. And until you can prove that the spiritual exists then the fact still remain. God is a liar
Thanks!! Bear in mind that you promised to be honest with the Bible's viewpoint. It was so clear that in the Bible, a day in God's eyes are a thousand years!! I only view the scriptures as the Authority!! Well, as individuals, we have our choice to make..... You've made yours, and I've made mine.
Thanks for your time. Enjoy the rest of the day.

1 Like

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by tonnieblaise(m): 11:48pm On May 01, 2016
hahn:

What is the benefit of his death? How is it even a sacrifice when he still rose from death. She should have remained dead. No wonder there is still sin undecided

well i believe that he died for my sins and rose on the third day suit yourself am sold out to Christ becuz i was bought with a price no going back 4 me.
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 6:21am On May 02, 2016
tonnieblaise:

well i believe that he died for my sins and rose on the third day suit yourself am sold out to Christ becuz i was bought with a price no going back 4 me.

Yeah. Whatever

2 Likes

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Nobody: 6:50am On May 02, 2016
hahn:

In case you still do not get it, Jehovah told them that they would die after eating the fruit but when they ate it, their eyes were open and they didn't die until god cursed them. And even at that they only died as a result of old age.

[size=40pt]God is a liar[/size]

Oya, Christians go ahead and prove me wrong on this one.

grin grin grin

johnnydon22, ifenes, donffd, shollyps, djdoxx, unclesnr

when u consider Gods use if the word "day" u will understand that they died that day both physically and spiritually. see Gen 2:4 all creative "days" were called "day". read also 2Pet 3:8

1 Like

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 7:03am On May 02, 2016
JMAN05:

when u consider Gods use if the word "day" u will understand that they died that day both physically and spiritually. see Gen 2:4 all creative "days" were called "day". read also 2Pet 3:8

This una excuse too lame. Try another one undecided
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by tonnieblaise(m): 5:12pm On May 03, 2016
hahn:

Yeah. Whatever
are u a Muslim
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by surestakes: 9:30pm On May 03, 2016
tonnieblaise:

are u a Muslim

For wetin? undecided

I am not the kind to be enticed with promises of 72 virgins grin

Are you a Sango worshipper? You type like one tongue
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 8:28am On May 05, 2016
tonnieblaise:

are u a Muslim

No
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
Bump
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
hahn:

In case you still do not get it, Jehovah told them that they would die after eating the fruit but when they ate it, their eyes were open and they didn't die until god cursed them. And even at that they only died as a result of old age.

grin grin grin

Die there means eternal separation from God.
That is why the Bible says the wages of sin is death. Will you die physically ?? No ... But you will gradually separate yourself from God as you live in sin
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
Junia:

Die there means eternal separation from God.
That is why the Bible says the wages of sin is death. Will you die physically ?? No ... But you will gradually separate yourself from God as you live in sin

Really? Try again. I know defending bullshit must be difficult tongue
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
So in other words, when Jesus died for 3 days...it was actually three thousand years. Got it. tongue tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
hahn:

Really? Try again. I know defending bullshit must be difficult tongue

You cannpt bring up anything again.
You only say things against Christianity because you are blind and the devil is deceiving you.
I was once like you but i was eager to know God and He revealed Himself to me.
Harden not your heart and He will reveal Himself to you to.
God loves You
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
MrMarvelous:
So in other words, when Jesus died for 3 days...it was actually three thousand years. Got it. tongue tongue

Where did you see that too ??
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
Junia:

Where did you see that too ??

Read the thread bro...that's basically the argument. A day is not actually a day, but a 1000 years.

In the eyes of Yahweh anyways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
Junia:

You only say things against Christianity because you are blind and the devil is deceiving you.
God loves You

Lol
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
MrMarvelous:

Read the thread bro...that's basically the argument. A day is not actually a day, but a 1000 years.

In the eyes of Yahweh anyways.

Common english
Did the Bible say a day is not a day to God
Didn't He create the world in days ??
Read Psalm 90:4
When i say you are like an animal, it doesnt make you an animal .. does it ??
Those statement are just made to show how great God is.
If not, it would actually be .. a day is 1000years to God and not a day is like a 1000years to God
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Earth2Metahuman: 9:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
Choi...

GOod one
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
Junia:

Common english
Did the Bible say a day is not a day to God
Didn't He create the world in days ??
Read Psalm 90:4
When i say you are like an animal, it doesnt make you an animal .. does it ??
Those statement are just made to show how great God is.
If not, it would actually be .. a day is 1000years to God and not a day is like a 1000years to God
English master Abeg read the thread first.

From the very first page...and counter the explanation given against the OP and then you give your own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by hahn(m): 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
MrMarvelous:

English master Abeg read the thread first.

From the very first page...and counter the explanation given against the OP and then you give your own.

No mind am. She just jumped into conclusion ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: And Jehovah Lied! by God2man(m): 11:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
Jehovah did not lie.
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by ScienceWatch: 12:05am On Feb 15, 2017
Junia:

God loves You
It is insulting for HAHN to say to JUNIA " I know defending bullshit must be difficult" and " I think you should either educate Jehovah on the stupidity of it's law or have your religious leaders remove the old testament completely. Lol. You are so blind you cannot identify bullshit staring at you in the face." JUNIA said " You only say things against Christianity because you are blind and the devil is deceiving you. I was once like you but i was eager to know God and He revealed Himself to me.
God loves You

Why are Atheists trolling anxiously through Islam and Christianity ? Why do Atheist use bigotry and insults on these religious forum? What are the hidden motives of these atheists ?

After gaining greater understanding of Atheism from HONDS mentions, I can honestly say to christains to answer this topic with a determination to counter it and go to church everyday. Everything that is holy, honorable, loving, kind and dignified is under attack from atheism/satanism. It is the Same thing !
Re: And Jehovah Lied! by petra1(m): 12:55am On Feb 15, 2017
hahn:

grin grin grin

Don't try to teach what you don't know. God was addressing spiritual death not physical . Man died spiritually that day but he didn't die physically. And from that day Everyman who comes into the world comes in as dead .

Romans 5:12
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 5:14
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evidence Of A Culture Of Sexual Abuse At TB Joshua's Church / Allah Is One / The Divine Big Bang According To The Qur'an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.