Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? (16410 Views)

Why Do Catholics Say This / Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! / Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 3:04pm On May 12, 2016
laribari:

That is a silly question. What have you sacrificed for God?

Don't judge me because u don't know me, asking what I can undergo. how can u dtermine that? It doesn't have to be in the measure of Peter but I will never forsake the Lord even if it will cost my life. Dying in Christ is what more than temporary pleasure. I have made up my mind on that since.

You are misquoting the word lol. I have proven that you do not know what you are saying and I used all those people to prove it. Very simple.

Have u lied before? Just answer yes or No?

You already denied Him before men, You are ashamed to say your church, then you lied.

Why do you post in doubles, is it so you can change any one at will?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by laribari(m): 3:09pm On May 12, 2016
Syncan:

I just don't know where to start from in this your post. “He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her[/cI dlor]" Jn.8:7 You were the one who picked up stone and started throwing first, just go take a look at your posts, just one question and you're already manifesting the spirit in you. I just did what the bible said, to [color=#990000]test all spirits and you've been found wanting. I pointed out the lie you told, and I rebuked you with scriptures, be humble and you shall know the truth; and it shall set you free.
Olodo!! grin
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by laribari(m): 3:25pm On May 12, 2016
Syncan:

You already denied Him before men, You are ashamed to say your church, then you lied.

Why do you post in doubles, is it so you can change any one at will?

You see yourself? The problem with you is using psychology and assumption all along. You try to quote scriptures so make it genuine but i laugh.
I didn't even know it posted double because i'm using my mobile device and sometimes network issues comes up and it doesn't deliver, then i have to resend.

Let me deal with you once and for all becos i see that you like knowledge of God. You don't know a thing.

I denied God before men because i refused to name my church in the beginning? Are you in nursery grin? Is God tied to the church? The church is just an avenue to keep the faith among fellow brethen and has nothing to do with our salvation. Devil nor dey go church?

You are a clown true, i've just been laughing since. I didn't except that from a sound person. I have stated countless time why i didn't wanna mention church because it does not change the fact that CATHOLIC is satanic, as well as other false churches.

You have just been quoting the bible off point all along so that it will be like you know the word.

Okay let me tell you...................... You said he who is without sin shouldn't throw stone according to the scriptures. Fantastic!! However, that applies to you bros.

what it means in plain English in case you don't understand is DO NOT ACCUSE SOMEONE OF SOMETHING THAT YOU ALSO DO. grin cheesy

I have spoken the truth when i said catholic pray to the dead and worship mary. I have shown you many man scriptures to back my points and you haven't been able to pin point one thing about my church. I told you more than 3 times now that i attend Gtan (Gospel to all nations) and occasionally go to redeem but that doesn't make it my church. I write script for their youth during programmes because i have friends there.

You haven't said one thing about my church since so how am i throwing stone?

You are the one throwing stone saying i lied. The meaning is do not accuse someone of something you also do.

Do you lie i ask you again? Please if you have never lied say it here.

When i said i attended Redeem you said i lied good because it's clear English is your problem, but tell me are you righteous? YES OR NO!

Your plan is to change the topic and the subject about your satanic church found in the bible and you are holding on to what i said lool.

you are clueless and will never find a fault with my church becos i dont worship idols like you.

I can throw that stone, accuse you that much because i do not do it and my church don't worship idol either.

what Jesus said was don't judge someone over something you are also guilty of.

do i eat humans like you guys do in your holy communion? No, i don't.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 4:13pm On May 12, 2016
Syncan:

Dear one, If I make a point, it doesn't hurt to acknowledge it as true. Then we move to another.

Please recall why I came into your post, the issue was that someone said Queen of Heaven was a false goddess, hence it wasn't a good move to give that title to Jesus' mother. The OP replied by saying that "King of Kings" was also used for an evil king, yet we give it to Jesus, for which you tried to say that the person suffered for taking the title. Even though it wasn't a good defense, I had to bring in the Morning star/Lucifer issue to show you that even if an evil being had earlier bore a name, it doesn't prevent the one who truly owns the title from being given it. Just like Jesus was still called the morning Star. I hope you understand now.

On Mary being worshiped, I will ask you if worship is more a thing of the heart or a thing of the physical?

Sir, was king Nebuchadnezzar a Jew or a Pagan king? On what basis did Daniel who referred to Nebuchadnezzar as king of kings did so?

Was it meant to accord him supernatural veneration just like Mary is today?

I find it disturbing that the Catholic religion will give the title of a pagan deity to the mother of Christ, knowing quite well who the Queen of heaven was or still is, what her activities were.

At what point did this Mary became the queen of heaven? the Apostles never accorded her any divinity.
Sir, I give up. you know what? I cant understand how God gives instructions but you insist on flaunting them yet coming up with logic why you shd.
I give up.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 5:42pm On May 12, 2016
analice107:

Sir, was king Nebuchadnezzar a Jew or a Pagan king? On what basis did Daniel who referred to Nebuchadnezzar as king of kings did so?

I find it disturbing that the Catholic religion will give the title of a pagan deity to the mother of Christ, knowing quite well who the Queen of heaven was or still is, what her activities were.

At what point did this Mary became the queen of heaven? the Apostles never accorded her any divinity.
Sir, I give up. you know what? I cant understand how God gives instructions but you insist on flaunting them yet coming up with logic why you shd.
I give up.

I do not stop you from pretending not to understand. I will summarize it thus:

King of Kings was used for Nebuchadnezzar, but Jesus is indeed the King of Kings for He is King of all in Heaven and Earth. The fact that it was used for nebuchadnezzar did not make it unsuitable for Jesus.

Lucifer is translated as morning star, but Jesus is also hailed as the Morning star, it's one of His praise titles, it means there is no one like Him in His category. The fact that it was used as name for one who is evil, does not make it unsuitable as a praise title for Jesus.

The false goddess was called queen of Heaven, but Mary is the true Queen of Heaven, for her son Jesus is the King of Kings who reigns in heaven. The fact that it was used for a goddess did not make it unsuitable for Mary.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2016
laribari:

Olodo!! grin

God bless you.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by laribari(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2016
analice107:

I give up.

Madam I agree with your point concerning those who worship Mary even though they will never agree but there was a place you made a mistake, calling Mary the mother of Christ. Though it depends on the context you use but I'm talking deep things now.

She is not the mother of Christ and Jesus never addressed her as such but calls her woman and calls God my father.

If we say Mary is the mother of Christ then it means she's God. Only God can give birth to God.

Non the less, she nursed Him as a surrogate mother. God needed a womb to carry the baby and brought the sperm. Did Mary bring the egg for fertilization to take place no because God did that too. He brought both sperm and egg which is why the bible calls Jesus[b] express image[/b] of the father.

Mary was only a surrogate mother of Jesus and biological that is why I said pending on ur context but if we are talking supremacy which I suppose we are talking in terms of worship Mary is not the monther.

How did I know God brought the egg and not that of Mary was used, we'll it's in the bible.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 5:57pm On May 12, 2016
laribari:

Madam I agree with your point concerning those who worship Mary even though they will never agree but there was a place you made a mistake, calling Mary the mother of Christ. Though it depends on the context you use but I'm talking deep things now.

She is not the mother of Christ and Jesus never addressed her as such but calls her woman and calls God my father.

If we say Mary is the mother of Christ then it means she's God. Only God can give birth to God.

Non the less, she nursed Him as a surrogate mother. God needed a womb to carry the baby and brought the sperm. Did Mary bring the egg for fertilization to take place no because God did that too. He brought both sperm and egg which is why the bible calls Jesus[b] express image[/b] of the father.

Mary was only a surrogate mother of Jesus and biological that is why I said pending on ur context but if we are talking supremacy which I suppose we are talking in terms of worship Mary is not the monther.

How did I know God brought the egg and not that of Mary was used, we'll it's in the bible.
Okay, I stand corrected
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 6:01pm On May 12, 2016
Syncan:
The false goddess was calledqueen of Heaven, but Mary is the true Queen of Heaven, for her son Jesus is the King of Kings who reigns in heaven. The fact that it was used for a goddess did not make it unsuitable for Mary.

1. Show me where the Bible says that Heaven, where GOD dwells, has a queen.

2. Show me where it is stated in the Bible that Mary is ruling in Heaven as a queen.

3. When Jesus was introduced in Matt. 3:17; 17:5, was He introduced as the son of Mary or as the son of GOD?

4. Show me a single place in the Bible where Jesus referred to Mary as His mother.

5. Show me where the Bible explicitly encourages us to venerate Mary.

6. "I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images" Isa. 42:8.
Explain this verse in relation to your choice of giving GOD's glory to Mary.

1 Like

Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 10:39am On May 13, 2016
analice107:

Okay, I stand corrected

Oh how quick you took this, just because it was against Mary, yours is anything against Mary, the woman scripture says all generation shall call blessed.

Consider this, "Who speaks through scriptures"? When you are deep in error, you truncate scriptures by yourself. What He did is whisper to you like the serpent to eve in the garden thus: "The Holy spirit speaking through scriptures, speaks differently from Jesus". For if it's true that "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction..." 2Tim3:16, then who else than the devil will inspire in one to treat the following as false:

Matt.2:11 - And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him:

Luke 2:51 - And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

John 2:3-5 - And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine...

John 19:26-27 - When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved..,

Revelation 12:5 - And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron : and her child was caught up unto God, and [to] his throne.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by joey150(m): 11:16am On May 13, 2016
ohh am working on a new thread about our mother Mary. how dare some people neglect her importance in the world.

well..... as usual alll the doubters will be invited when am done.

I'll dedicate it to her...as its even her month. Ave Maria!
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 11:26am On May 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

1. Show me where the Bible says that Heaven, where GOD dwells, has a queen.
2. Show me where it is stated in the Bible that Mary is ruling in Heaven as a queen.
3. When Jesus was introduced in Matt. 3:17; 17:5, was He introduced as the son of Mary or as the son of GOD?
4. Show me a single place in the Bible where Jesus referred to Mary as His mother.
5. Show me where the Bible explicitly encourages us to venerate Mary.
6. "I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images" Isa. 42:8.
Explain this verse in relation to your choice of giving GOD's glory to Mary.

1. Show me where the Bible says that Heaven, where GOD dwells, has a queen... Rev.12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2. Show me where it is stated in the Bible that Mary is ruling in Heaven as a queen....Ps. 45:9 Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.

3. When Jesus was introduced in Matt. 3:17; 17:5, was He introduced as the son of Mary or as the son of GOD?....God is His father, Mary is his Mother. Lk1:31-32 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

4. Show me a single place in the Bible where Jesus referred to Mary as His mother... irrelevant. It didn't stop the angel from calling her that, it didn't stop the apostles from calling her that, it didn't stop the Holy spirit from calling her that, why does it stop you, if not for Rev.12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

5. Show me where the Bible explicitly encourages us to venerate Mary.... LK.1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Explain this verse in relation to your choice of giving GOD's glory to Mary...Prov 19:9 - A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish . Neither I nor the Catholic Church gives God's glory to anyone else, not even Mary.

Now here are my own questions.

1. 1Tim.3:15 calls the church the Pillar and ground of truth, are you in this church?
2. What is the name of your church.
3.Does your church teach about the "mark of the beast"?
4. prove what it is with scripture and how does it relate to analice107 who does not attend your church (and is not catholic) for example.
5. Do people go to hell and is it eternal? Prove with scripture.
6. Just say and type " Mary, mother of the son of God, you are blessed".
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2016
Syncan:
....God is His father, Mary is his Mother Lk1:31-32 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

So where does the Bible call Jesus the son of Mary?

The Bible said "a woman clothed with the sun". Was Mary clothed with the sun? Was the moon under Mary's feet?

So if GOD is the Father of Jesus, and Mary is His mother, what relationship exists between GOD and Mary? Why did you remove Joseph, Mary's husband, from the picture? Is he not Jesus' father?

Also, Jesus Christ is called the Son of David: is David the Father of GOD?

Chai! sad May GOD help us!
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 12:14pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:

1. Show me where the Bible says that Heaven, where GOD dwells, has a queen... Rev.12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2. Show me where it is stated in the Bible that Mary is ruling in Heaven as a queen....Ps. 45:9 Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.

3. When Jesus was introduced in Matt. 3:17; 17:5, was He introduced as the son of Mary or as the son of GOD?....God is His father, Mary is his Mother. Lk1:31-32 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

4. Show me a single place in the Bible where Jesus referred to Mary as His mother... irrelevant. It didn't stop the angel from calling her that, it didn't stop the apostles from calling her that, it didn't stop the Holy spirit from calling her that, why does it stop you, if not for Rev.12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

5. Show me where the Bible explicitly encourages us to venerate Mary.... LK.1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Explain this verse in relation to your choice of giving GOD's glory to Mary...Prov 19:9 - A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish . Neither I nor the Catholic Church gives God's glory to anyone else, not even Mary.

1. 1Tim.3:15 calls the church the Pillar and ground of truth, are you in this church?
4. prove what it is with scripture and how does it relate to analice107 who does not attend your church (and is not catholic) for example.
Finally, I heard it from a Catholic. "There's no hellfire and even if there is, its not eternal". Wonderful
Now, here is a other revelation pointing that behind the Catholic Religion stands satan.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:
Ps. 45:9 Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.

Is this verse referring to Mary? sad
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:29pm On May 13, 2016
The people saying Rev. 12 is talking about Mary, why have you ignored the whole chapter?

Was Mary given a wing to fly to the wilderness? Was Mary fed in the wilderness for 1260 days?

Syncan, answer this.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 1:01pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:

Oh how quick you took this, just because it was against Mary, yours is anything against Mary, the woman scripture says all generation shall call blessed.

Consider this, "Who speaks through scriptures"? When you are deep in error, you truncate scriptures by yourself. What He did is whisper to you like the serpent to eve in the garden thus: "The Holy spirit speaking through scriptures, speaks differently from Jesus". For if it's true that "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction..." 2Tim3:16, then who else than the devil will inspire in one to treat the following as false:

Matt.2:11 - And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him:

Luke 2:51 - And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

John 2:3-5 - And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine...

John 19:26-27 - When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved..,

Revelation 12:5 - And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron : and her child was caught up unto God, and [to] his throne.

Sweetheart, am not in the least shy of stating that i have everything against Mary of the Catholic Religion. That is not the Mary, Mother of Jesus. The Mary mother of Jesus is what i see in the Bible, and the characters are far apart as day from night.

Hahahahahaha. You guys kept holding unto Rev 12 trying to fix Mary in there even when that passage is a prophecy that hasn't been fulfilled yet. Ha na waooo.
You are just like a muslim who wants to fix Muhammed in the Bible by all means, justling scriptures that talks about different people entirely, trying to make them mean what you want.

And when they wanted Wine, they went and PRAYED to Mary to plead with her son to multiply wine right?
And when, she went, what did her son tell her?
WOMAN, WHAT HAVE I TO DO WITH YOU? MY TIME HAS NOT YET COME.
Although shunned by her son, she went on her own to say to the servants, WHATEVER HE TELLS YOU TO DO, DO IT.
Jesus says, IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENT, and COME UNTO ME ALL...
I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE, NO MAN CAN COME TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME.
Can you say you have obeyed the words of Mary mother of Jesus?

Guy, pls quote scriptures completely so that the message intended can be conveyed.

Luke 2:48-51 And when they [Joseph and Mary] saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, Child, why have You treated us like this? Here Your father and I have been anxiously looking for You [distressed and tormented].

And He said to them, (How is it that you had to look for Me? Did you not see and know that it is necessary [as a duty] for Me to be in My Father’s house and [occupied] about My Father’s business?)

But they did not comprehend what He was saying to them.

And He went down with them and came to Nazareth and was [habitually] obedient to them; and his mother kept and closely and persistently guarded all these things in her heart.

What do you intend to bring out from the above scriptures?
Can you not see Jesus rebuking Mary and Joseph even at a very tender age for attempting to suggest that he should have gone home with them instead of being about his fathers business?
When you quoted Matt 2:11, I thought you would say "They came and fell down and worshipped HER."
for giving birth to Him.

Mark 3:31-35 Then His mother and His brothers came and, standing outside, they sent word to Him, calling [for] Him.

And a crowd was sitting around Him, and they said to Him, Your mother and Your brothers and Your sisters are outside asking for You.

And He replied, Who are My mother and My brothers?

And looking around on those who sat in a circle about Him, He said, See!

Here are My mother and My brothers; For whoever does the things God wills is My brother and sister and mother!

Bros, Am looking around all the scriptures that referenced Mary mother of Jesus, trying to see how Jesus Himself, extra ordinary Honoured and Reverenced His mother, i cant find.

WHY IS THE MARY OF THE BIBLE DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF THE CATHOLIC?

1 Like

Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 2:04pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

Finally, I heard it from a Catholic. "There's no hellfire and even if there is, its not eternal". Wonderful
Now, here is a other revelation pointing that behind the Catholic Religion stands satan.

Dear one, why are you so bent on condemning me? I asked DoctorAlien those questions, he hasn't answered them, the catholic teaching on hell is visible for everyone to see. If you were truly a Catholic like you always claimed, you would have rebuked me with Catholic teaching if i say there is no hell. Why do you hate us so much that you don't care to heap lies on us? believe me, I was really beginning to think that you only desire truth, and not to justify your position. Anyway, Let him answer my questions and lets see if you agree with him. For the avoidance of doubt, the Catholic Church teaches that there is hell where the damned go and it is eternal.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 2:09pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:

Dear one, why are you so bent on condemning me? I asked DoctorAlien those questions, he hasn't answered them, the catholic teaching on hell is visible for everyone to see. If you were truly a Catholic like you always claimed, you would have rebuked me with Catholic teaching if i say there is no hell. Why do you hate us so much that you don't care to heap lies on us? believe me, I was really beginning to think that you only desire truth, and not to justify your position. Anyway, Let him answer my questions and lets see if you agree with him. For the avoidance of doubt, the Catholic Church teaches that there is hell where the damned go and it is eternal.
Dearest, that question in particular did not suggest that he is the one in doubt if there was hellfire or not, it pointed more to what you propagate.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 2:12pm On May 13, 2016
DoctorAlien, kindly answer my own questions, I want to keep it as reference, then I will start to answer your next questions. Time for truth is here.

Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 2:17pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

Dearest, that question in particular did not suggest that he is the one in doubt if there was hellfire or not, it pointed more to what you propagate.

Please analice107, again I must plead with you in the name of God not to bear false witness against me. Should I ask you to show where I said there is no hell? I asked him those questions, I needed his answer.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:20pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:
DoctorAlien, kindly answer my own questions, I want to keep it as reference, then I will start to answer your next questions. Time for truth is here.

If I answer these questions, will you answer my question about Rev.12 which you ignored above?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 2:42pm On May 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If I answer these questions, will you answer my question about Rev.12 which you ignored above?

I have displayed nothing but frankness so far "by their fruit you shall know them" Matt.7:16. Even on the post you quoted is clearly written these words : "DoctorAlien, kindly answer my own questions, I want to keep it as reference, then I will start to answer your next questions". Stop fretting, answer my questions truthfully, that all may see. Note that it shall be a reference for your future posts.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2016
Do you promise to answer this question if I answer yours?

DoctorAlien:
The people saying Rev. 12 is talking about Mary, why have you ignored the whole chapter?

Was Mary given a wing to fly to the wilderness? Was Mary fed in the wilderness for 1260 days?

Syncan, answer this.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by tobbiedejie: 3:00pm On May 13, 2016
tolugar:
No they Honour Mary.

They always ask for Her intercession in prayers.

Inspired by the event in Cana where via Her intercession water was turned into wine. John 2:1-11.

Ever since she is regarded by faithful Catholics as a Mother of Grace, Queen of Heaven, ...

Sorry man it wasn't via "her intercession " that water was turned to wine . She didn't have to tell them anything . All she did was show them the one who would do it and tell them to trust him (or have faith whichever way u like it )
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 3:03pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

Sweetheart, am not in the least shy of stating that i have everything against Mary of the Catholic Religion. That is not the Mary, Mother of Jesus. The Mary mother of Jesus is what i see in the Bible, and the characters are far apart as day from night.

Hahahahahaha. You guys kept holding unto Rev 12 trying to fix Mary in there even when that passage is a prophecy that hasn't been fulfilled yet. Ha na waooo.
You are just like a muslim who wants to fix Muhammed in the Bible by all means, justling scriptures that talks about different people entirely, trying to make them mean what you want.

And when they wanted Wine, they went and PRAYED to Mary to plead with her son to multiply wine right?
And when, she went, what did her son tell her?
WOMAN, WHAT HAVE I TO DO WITH YOU? MY TIME HAS NOT YET COME.
Although shunned by her son, she went on her own to say to the servants, WHATEVER HE TELLS YOU TO DO, DO IT.
Jesus says, IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENT, and COME UNTO ME ALL...
I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE, NO MAN CAN COME TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME.
Can you say you have obeyed the words of Mary mother of Jesus?

Guy, pls quote scriptures completely so that the message intended can be conveyed.

Luke 2:48-51 And when they [Joseph and Mary] saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, Child, why have You treated us like this? Here Your father and I have been anxiously looking for You [distressed and tormented].

And He said to them, (How is it that you had to look for Me? Did you not see and know that it is necessary [as a duty] for Me to be in My Father’s house and [occupied] about My Father’s business?)

But they did not comprehend what He was saying to them.

And He went down with them and came to Nazareth and was [habitually] obedient to them; and his mother kept and closely and persistently guarded all these things in her heart.

What do you intend to bring out from the above scriptures?
Can you not see Jesus rebuking Mary and Joseph even at a very tender age for attempting to suggest that he should have gone home with them instead of being about his fathers business?
When you quoted Matt 2:11, I thought you would say "They came and fell down and worshipped HER."
for giving birth to Him.

Mark 3:31-35 Then His mother and His brothers came and, standing outside, they sent word to Him, calling [for] Him.

And a crowd was sitting around Him, and they said to Him, Your mother and Your brothers and Your sisters are outside asking for You.

And He replied, Who are My mother and My brothers?

And looking around on those who sat in a circle about Him, He said, See!

Here are My mother and My brothers; For whoever does the things God wills is My brother and sister and mother!

Bros, Am looking around all the scriptures that referenced Mary mother of Jesus, trying to see how Jesus Himself, extra ordinary Honoured and Reverenced His mother, i cant find.

WHY IS THE MARY OF THE BIBLE DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF THE CATHOLIC?

For one who despite having to be about His father's business, yet left it and went down to Nazareth and was obedient to them Lk2:51. For one who performed his first of his miracles at her request Jn.2:11. For one who despite being in pains and about to die, still made sure she was in good hands and taken care of Jn19:27. Jesus must have indeed just been rebuking His mother anyhow, so that analice107 will be happy. Smh.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 3:05pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:

Please analice107, again I must plead with you in the name of God not to bear false witness against me. Should I ask you to show where I said there is no hell? I asked him those questions, I needed his answer.
Check No5 Of the questions you posted to DoctorAlien and you will see it. If you are not in doubt of it, you wont ask him to proof it to you with scriptures.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 3:06pm On May 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Do you promise to answer this question if I answer yours?

Lol. You need more time to consult your church teachings? Attend to my questions now, and I will answer it.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 3:10pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

Check No5 Of the questions you posted to DoctorAlien and you will see it. If you are not in doubt of it, you wont ask him to proof it to you with scriptures.

I asked him to answer and prove his answer with scriptures, has he answered? No. What do you know is his answer?

Analice107, he asked me questions and told me to prove with scriptures, you didn't object, Now i ask him and you are objecting, are you fair to me?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 3:10pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:

For one who despite having to be about His father's business, yet left it and went down to Nazareth and was obedient to them Lk2:51. For one who performed his first of his miracles at her request Jn.2:11. For one who despite being in pains and about to die, still made sure she was in good hands and taken care of Jn19:27. Jesus must have indeed just been rebuking His mother anyhow, so that analice107 will be happy. Smh.

"But He answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And He stretched forth His hand toward His disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in Heaven, the same is my brother, and sister and mother." Matt. 12:48-50

There you have the real mother of Jesus.

Show me a single place in the Bible where Jesus referred to Mary as His mother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Power Of Curses And Blessing / David Oyedepo Jnr To Pastor The Faith Tabernacle In Ota / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.