Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? (16413 Views)

Why Do Catholics Say This / Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! / Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by tobbiedejie: 3:12pm On May 13, 2016
tolugar:

Your case in all is a whole different testament. As such different application.

So it's non applicable to the matter at hand because it's the other part of the bible !?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 3:15pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:

For one who despite having to be about His father's business, yet left it and went down to Nazareth and was obedient to them Lk2:51. For one who performed his first of his miracles at her request Jn.2:11. For one who despite being in pains and about to die, still made sure she was in good hands and taken care of Jn19:27. Jesus must have indeed just been rebuking His mother anyhow, so that analice107 will be happy. Smh.

Obey your father and Mother..., Jesus wasn't going to break his own commandment.

lol. Na waoo. All i wanted to see was how Jesus treated his mother, if he by his actions venerated his mother, which gave rise to the worship the Catholic Church are giving to Prima Donna, a demon, cloaked as Mary. But i saw nothing.
Mary was just an instrument used to translate Jesus who was a spirit into the vessel of flesh. She obeyed and did her part. Apost Peter Obeyed and did his part, Paul Obeyed and did his part, today, you ought to obey and do your part, but you are bent on disobeying even the instructions Mary gave to us. Whatsoever he says do.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by tobbiedejie: 3:17pm On May 13, 2016
johnw74:

You like to call Mary after a false goddess
ok, continue

You lost the plot already mate ,she's not even a goddess at all to begin with simply put MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 3:17pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

Check No5 Of the questions you posted to DoctorAlien and you will see it. If you are not in doubt of it, you wont ask him to proof it to you with scriptures.

did u get my mail *i hope it didn't vamos*.. Lets talk on that thread i create.

*my catholic people i hail o*
*runs out of thread*
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 3:18pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:
Now here are my own questions.

1. 1Tim.3:15 calls the church the Pillar and ground of truth, are you in this church?
2. What is the name of your church.
3.Does your church teach about the "mark of the beast"?
4. prove what it is with scripture and how does it relate to analice107 who does not attend your church (and is not catholic) for example.
5. Do people go to hell and is it eternal? Prove with scripture.
6. Just say and type " Mary, mother of the son of God, you are blessed".

1. Yes, I'm in that church.

2. The remnant church, which keep the commandments of GOD and have the testimony of Jesus. Rev. 12:17; 19:10.

3. Yes.

4. The mark of the beast is the Sabbath of the beast.

5. The devil, his angels and sinners will be burned up and completely annihilated by a fire that shall not be quenched till it has consumed its victims. And hell will not be forever.

6. Mary is not the mother of GOD. Mary is a mere mortal. Nothing else.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 3:20pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:

I asked him to answer and prove his answer with scriptures, has he answered? No. What do you know is his answer?

Analice107, he asked me questions and told me to prove with scriptures, you didn't object, Now i ask him and you are objecting, are you fair to me?
lol. he asked you questions but didn't mention me, so i didn't see it, you on the other hand asked him questions and mentioned me so i saw it and answered. lol
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 3:24pm On May 13, 2016
Blackfire:

did u get my mail *i hope it didn't vamos*.. Lets talk on that thread i create.
*my catholic people i hail o* *runs out of thread*
I saw it, replied but it failed. Newtwork has been a bitch the whole day.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by tobbiedejie: 3:27pm On May 13, 2016
cynosure489:

lol..i cant even answer you.. All the Words in revelations have come to pass and we experienced them?

The fight between angel micheal and the devil..lol -- and the many revelations of the apocalypse.

The circus is recruiting abeg.
EHN! shocked DID WE JUST TAG SOMEONE A CLOWN ?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 3:30pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

I saw it, replied but it failed. Newtwork has been a bitch the whole day.

that my e mail ain't working again.. I will get a new one tomorrow and send to u. .

Or we talk at that thread i opened.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 3:38pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

Obey your father and Mother..., Jesus wasn't going to break his own commandment.

lol. Na waoo. All i wanted to see was how Jesus treated his mother, if he by his actions venerated his mother, which gave rise to the worship the Catholic Church are giving to Prima Donna, a demon, cloaked as Mary. But i saw nothing.
Mary was just an instrument used to translate Jesus who was a spirit into the vessel of flesh. She obeyed and did her part. Apost Peter Obeyed and did his part, Paul Obeyed and did his part, today, you ought to obey and do your part, but you are bent on disobeying even the instructions Mary gave to us. Whatsoever he says do.

So Jesus obeyed His mother. That's all for now, someone told you earlier that Mary wasn't His mother and you agreed.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by tobbiedejie: 3:41pm On May 13, 2016
laribari:

Bros this is not about church or what a pastor is, but what the word of God says. the bible stated clearly that.......

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

So why praying through Mary again?

Jesus has done the work on the cross and has sent us a helper to lead us on.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So what role does Mary have to play again, abi we nor understand the bible English?

As loaded and knowledgeable as Apostle Paul was, he didn't mention Mary for once because it is irrelevant. He wrote majority of the new testament and was loaded with deep mystery and revelation.

Bros abeg no break ya own sweat jare , our Oga cynosaur geh cousin wey dey think like am so no too disturb yaself , NA DRY FISH...e no fih bend grin
laribari:

Bros this is not about church or what a pastor is, but what the word of God says. the bible stated clearly that.......

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So what role does Mary have to play again, abi we nor understand the bible English?

As loaded and knowledgeable as Apostle Paul was, he didn't mention Mary for once because it is irrelevant. He wrote majority of the new testament and was loaded with deep mystery and revelation.

Bros abeg no break ya own sweat jare , our Oga cynosaur geh cousin wey dey think like am so no too disturb yaself , NA DRY FISH...e no fih bend
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by tobbiedejie: 3:42pm On May 13, 2016
laribari:

Bros abeg no break ya own sweat jare , our Oga cynosaur geh cousin wey dey think like am so no too disturb yaself , NA DRY FISH...e no fih bend grin
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 3:47pm On May 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

1. Yes, I'm in that church.

2. The remnant church, which keep the commandments of GOD and have the testimony of Jesus. Rev. 12:17; 19:10.

3. Yes.

4. The mark of the beast is the Sabbath of the beast.

5. The devil, his angels and sinners will be burned up and completely annihilated by a fire that shall not be quenched till it has consumed its victims. And hell will not be forever.

6. Mary is not the mother of GOD. Mary is a mere mortal. Nothing else.

Analice107, I tagged you for a reason, do take note of his answers and note the following.

1. He agrees that there is a church that is the ground and pillar of truth and that he is in that church.
2. He avoids giving us the name
3. He answers correctly, it's a major doctrine in his church
4. Sunday worship for him is the mark of the beast, note how he avoids to say how it relates to you...simple, you have the mark.
5. His hell is a one time thing and ends afterwards "And hell will not last forever". He doesn't quote scriptures...shebi you dey attack me.
6. Notice how he denies Lk1:31-32.

2 Likes

Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by laribari(m): 3:50pm On May 13, 2016
tobbiedejie:

Regards................ no wahala. Me self tire for the dude.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 3:52pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

lol. he asked you questions but didn't mention me, so i didn't see it, you on the other hand asked him questions and mentioned me so i saw it and answered. lol

It's ok, as long as in your heart all you did was with fairness and truth.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 3:53pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan, can you now answer the question about Rev. 12?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 4:07pm On May 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:
The people saying Rev. 12 is talking about Mary, why have you ignored the whole chapter?

Was Mary given a wing to fly to the wilderness? Was Mary fed in the wilderness for 1260 days?

Syncan, answer this.

Though you didn't answer properly my questions but I will keep my word.

Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Was Mary given a wing to fly to the wilderness?....Yes. The eagles wings may either refer to the message of the angel to flee to egypt or it refers to egypt, whose coat of arm is the Eagle.

Was Mary fed in the wilderness for 1260 days?...Yes she was taken care of there till Herod died Matt.2:15, which was about three and half years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 4:16pm On May 13, 2016
"Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." Matt. 15:7-8.

Mary gave birth to other children: why are you not worshipping them as "siblings of GOD"?

Hypocrites, Joseph was Mary's husband: why are you not worshipping him as "the Father of GOD"?

Hypocrites, why are you not venerating Mary's mother today as "the grandmother of GOD"?

Was John the Baptist not Jesus' cousin? Why are you not worshipping him today as the "cousin of GOD"?

Jesus is the Son of David. You hypocrites, why are you not worshipping David today as the Father of GOD? Why are you not begging David to intercede to his Son for you?

You had better start reading your Bible and forsake the fables of men.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 4:21pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:

Though you didn't answer properly my questions but I will keep my word.

Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Was Mary given a wing to fly to the wilderness?....Yes. The eagles wings may either refer to the message of the angel to flee to egypt or it refers to egypt, whose coat of arm is the Eagle.

Was Mary fed in the wilderness for 1260 days?...Yes she was taken care of there till Herod died Matt.2:15, which was about three and half years.

Where did the Bible state that Mary was in Egypt for three and a half years? sad

Where is Joseph in the picture? Didn't Joseph fly with her to the wilderness?

Meanwhile, her child was caught up to Heaven before she flew to the wilderness: was Jesus caught up to Heaven before Mary went to Egypt?

sad
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by tobbiedejie: 4:33pm On May 13, 2016
laribari:

LET ME OPEN ANOTHER CAN OF WORMS......

Catholic is a cult and if you look at their priest you will know. Let me give you clues.

1. Occults always have uniform and it comes mostly like a robe (a long gown).

2. Occult sacrifice flesh and drink blood (Blasphemous Holy Communion).

3. Occult do prayer of ENCHANTMENT (Repitation of words over and over again).

4. Occult always use artifacts and object to conjure or communicate with the dead and fire is involved.

5. Occult mood of operation is mostly quiet and sorrowful (where it is supposed to be a celebration of mass)

You want the truth? Here it is............................

1. No church in this world have their leaders wear uniform in the bible and any church that does not is false, i don't care what anyone says. (LUke 20: 46)

2. The catholic communion is a practice of carnibalism. How can you say ordinary bread and wine turns into the real body and blood of Jesus after you have eaten it? are you not a vampire?

Transubstantiation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Christ with the Eucharist, Vicente Juan Masip, 16th century.
Part of a series on the
Eucharist
Lord's Supper • Communion

Transubstantiation (in Latin, transsubstantiatio, in Greek μετουσίωσις metousiosis) is, according to the teaching of the Catholic Church, the change of substance by which the bread and the wine offered in the sacrifice of the sacrament of the Eucharist during the Mass, become, in reality, the Body and Blood of Jesus the Christ.[1][2][3]

The Catholic Church teaches that the substance, or reality, of the Eucharistic offering (either bread alone, or bread and wine) is changed into both the Body and Blood of Christ.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiation.

3. The catholic major prayers are not only sorrowful but repitation of words which depicts an enchantment to me. Especially during their rosary citation and mass. Occultic people do this as we see in movies grin

4. Catholic priests use objects and artifacts such as crosses, chalice cup and they burn incense too, invoking satanic spirits.
do you know why they pray to the so-called saints, they are invoking demons and that is a vampire pattern, just as we see in movie. All and not some vampire movies are always in the catholic church becos they are passing a message. buy different ones and see for yourself if you are doubting. the bible is purely against praying to the dead.

5. Catholic are never happy during service. They are mostly still, making sign of the cross and walking like the most holiest people in the planet. Do get get me wrong, i am not criticizing that, however it's an observation but that is how sad they can get.

Here it is.....................

The whole idea is that Satan is coming in the flesh as the antichrist and needs a human body to make it happen. Alot of Science is involved in this but this is must happen through Roman Catholic church because the new reign of government as at the time Jesus will come back will be the revived Roman Empire according to the bible.

Now................... A dead & cloned body of a high priest who serves also as a political leader of the world (which is the pope) is needed for this satanic resurrection to occur and that is the mystery behind the vampire movie you see.

A person dies and after a while, a demonic resurrection takes place and the being becomes immortal (imitating Christ but he is the anti one).
The pope is the only spiritual head recognized by nations and presidents because he must assume power, being that the antichrist imitating Jesus MUST be a spiritual head (connected to the church) and a political head (connected to government). Remember that is what Jesus Christ is about as both a spiritual head (king of the Jews) and a political head whose government will be on His shoulders for ever. Jesus will be the world head for a 1000 years on earth as the bible reveals but not yet time.

THIS IS SATAN'S PLAN...................... Use occultic men to produce a spiritual head that will rule the world and kill those who refuse to collect the mark of the beast. The aim is to lead billions upon billions to hell. This is why the pope is fraternizing with Muslims which is against the bible, making them look as if we are one. That stupid pope when inside a mosque to pray.

If the whole world religion does not work as one, then their one world government cannot work.

I do not want to write so much but anything you wanna know i can explain it.

However, the end point is that catholic is an occult that will produce the antichrist through a demonic resurrection which is why they pray to the dead but it's not actually prayer but invoking demons.

This is why their model is connected and linked with the vampire in movies because that is what their priest are and they are turning their members into vampizo too grin.

Depict of this what u will, I was on my way back home from an errand when a muslim convert (to christianity who by the way no one preached to but was converted by the holy spirit) called me from afar off and the first thing he said to me of many things was "ki le leyi lowo e , ja a danu!!!) What's that on your wrist cut it off !!! " I WAS PUTTING ON A WRIST ROSARY I HAD JUST OBTAINED FROM MY CATHOLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL. Since then lass and lasses I've known better
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by cynosure489: 4:44pm On May 13, 2016
tobbiedejie:
EHN! shocked DID WE JUST TAG SOMEONE A CLOWN ?
you said.. lipsrsealed
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 4:57pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:

It's ok, as long as in your heart all you did was with fairness and truth.
LOLzz. You are a gentleman.
Pls ignore that write up am learning how to post something from my phone Gallery. thanx
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 4:59pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

LOLzz. You are a gentleman.

Thanks.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 5:10pm On May 13, 2016
Syncan:

Thanks.
Uwc
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 5:11pm On May 13, 2016
Blackfire:

that my e mail ain't working again.. I will get a new one tomorrow and send to u. .

which thread is that? is it in religion?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 5:14pm On May 13, 2016
Blackfire:

I think i found you.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Amberon: 5:17pm On May 13, 2016
Since when did church affiliation become faith? He belongs to the Christian faith and that's it. The body of Christ is where we belong as Christians and no church membership can give us that.

Why do you catholics feel superior for no reason? Who told you Apostle Paul or Timothy referred to the catholic church? Lmao!
cynosure489:

1 Timothy 3:15
But, if I am delayed, you should know the manner in which it is necessary to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and the foundation of truth.

Where is this church today? Is it your church that you are ashamed of? Simple question -- I am ashamed of you. Even if not for my sake, at least others are reading, show them this church timothy was talking about.

People are ashamed of thier faith..Shame!
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 5:20pm On May 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Where did the Bible state that Mary was in Egypt for three and a half years? sad

Where is Joseph in the picture? Didn't Joseph fly with her to the wilderness?

Meanwhile, her child was caught up to Heaven before she flew to the wilderness: was Jesus caught up to Heaven before Mary went to Egypt?

sad

hahaha, before i answer, I have my own question. Confirm here that the name of your Church is the remnant? Since the mark of the beast is the sabbath of the beast...according to your church,What exactly in clear terms is the Sabbath of the beast, who are those with the mark and what happens to them as per being saved.?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 5:29pm On May 13, 2016
Amberon:
Since when did church affiliation become faith? He belongs to the Christian faith and that's it. The body of Christ is where we belong as Christians and no church membership can give us that.

Why do you catholics feel superior for no reason? Who told you Apostle Paul or Timothy referred to the catholic church? Lmao!

Now he jumps in with his own accusations, clearly overlooking all the accusations against the Catholic church by fellow christians, claiming that the "christian faith" with all the contradictory teachings, is the Church. Open your eyes to the truth, the Holy Spirit is not an author of confusion. We just practice our thing as inspired of the Holy Spirit, which we received from the apostles and church fathers, you and others won't just leave us alone.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by tobbiedejie: 6:59pm On May 13, 2016
Abeg dis thread don sweet me pass make we dey hold back reply >: ; you owe it as a duty to me and my fellow nairalanders to answer immediately. NO TIME cool
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by tolugar: 8:51pm On May 13, 2016
tobbiedejie:

Sorry man it wasn't via "her intercession " that water was turned to wine . She didn't have to tell them anything . All she did was show them the one who would do it and tell them to trust him (or have faith whichever way u like it )

Maybe you shld google "intercession"
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 9:08pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

I think i found you.

i always view your post every step of the way... U are making too many enemies, and somehow na me dem they fire indirectly.

*i was really moody when coming back from PH*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

David Oyedepo Jnr To Pastor The Faith Tabernacle In Ota / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / How To Survive In This Era Of End-time Churches & End-time Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.