Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? (16407 Views)

Why Do Catholics Say This / Why Do Catholics "Honor" And "Worship" Mary When Jesus Himself Never Did!!! / Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 9:10pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

which thread is that? is it in religion?

religion section ke? That thread i was talking about joint account.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 10:36pm On May 13, 2016
Blackfire:

religion section ke? That thread i was talking about joint account.
Which section nah, me its just religion i am in. Its becos i follow ishilove sometimes i go to family. if not its just here.
Which section is this your thread?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 10:37pm On May 13, 2016
Blackfire:

i always view your post every step of the way... U are making too many enemies, and somehow na me dem they fire indirectly.

*i was really moody when coming back from PH*
Sorry about your mood. did you get my last mail? i sent another one, it was successful.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 10:53pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

Sorry about your mood. did you get my last mail? i sent another one, it was successful.

dear that email ain't working, I will get a new one tomorrow, and u will be first to know.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 10:56pm On May 13, 2016
Blackfire:

dear that email ain't working, I will get a new one tomorrow, and u will be first to know.
Okay then.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2016
analice107:

Which section nah, me its just religion i am in. Its becos i follow ishilove sometimes i go to family. if not its just here.
Which section is this your thread?

u follow who ?(becoming jealous)..brings out pin.
mmadu ga la here today
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 11:38pm On May 13, 2016
Blackfire:

u follow who ?(becoming jealous)..brings out pin. mmadu ga la here today
lol. ishilove is a gal.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 10:21am On May 14, 2016
analice107:

lol. ishilove is a gal.

poured chilled cold water on my head... drank the remaining one.

don't give person pikin high blood pressure o
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 11:29am On May 14, 2016
Blackfire:

poured chilled cold water on my head... drank the remaining one.
don't give person pikin high blood pressure o
Who be the pikin?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 11:37am On May 14, 2016
analice107:

Who be the pikin?

me
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 12:06pm On May 14, 2016
Blackfire:

me
You be pikin? So i have been talking to a pikin all this while?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 6:20pm On May 14, 2016
analice107:

You be pikin? So i have been talking to a pikin all this while?

my mama and papa still dey alive...
a 30+ guy is a pikin.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 6:27pm On May 14, 2016
Blackfire:

my mama and papa still dey alive... a 30+ guy is a pikin.
hahahahahah. Okay Pikin, how did your party go?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 6:52pm On May 14, 2016
analice107:

hahahahahah. Okay Pikin, how did your party go?

is tomorrow around 6 in the morning and I won't leave there till 2 in the afternoon.

I am sneaking out of this meeting since morning, man pikin never eat.. mama put here I come.

I ask u a question about joint account in my thread u didn't reply.
I will try and get the email on Monday.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 6:55pm On May 14, 2016
Blackfire:

is tomorrow around 6 in the morning and I won't leave there till 2 in the afternoon.

I am sneaking out of this meeting since morning, man pikin never eat.. mama put here I come.

I ask u a question about joint account in my thread u didn't reply.
I will try and get the email on Monday.
I didn't go there. I think am guilty of being too religious, i hardly step out of religion section. Okay, let me zoom there now.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Blackfire(m): 6:59pm On May 14, 2016
analice107:

I didn't go there. I think am guilty of being too religoious, i hardly step out of religion section. Okay, let me zoom there now.

try and stay in religious section... I don't want them corrupting u for me o.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by analice107: 8:22pm On May 14, 2016
Blackfire:

try and stay in religious section... I don't want them corrupting u for me o.
Slow down with "For me part"
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:18pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If the Bible is not to be taught in the church of GOD, what is to be taught? The commandments of men? sad The same reason Jesus rebuked the Pharisees?

"All scripture is given by the inspiration of GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" 2 Tim 3:16.

The commandments and catechisms of men are not profitable for doctrine, neither are they profitable for instruction in righteousness.

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of GOD." Matt. 4:4
It did not say "out of the mouth of the pope" or "out of the mouth of man."

Read your Bible and practise only your Bible, for your own good!
I never said d bible shouldnt be taught, i said the bible doesnt claim to be d only source of doctrine.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Who said that the Sabbath of GOD has been abolished?

Show me a single place in the Bible that explicitly says the Holy Sabbath of GOD has been abolished.
OH, i can do better, i can give u a pasage that says the the entire mosaic law is obsolate, wat do u say?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:37pm On May 15, 2016
blueAgent:

See God's instruction was clear like daylight.
Their is no negotiation with God. his word is final. Did you even do the research i asked you to do?
How can you pray to mary and say you are honouring her. why don't you honour your biological mother by praying to her?
When Jesus taught his people how to pray he never mentioned mary. Jesus said I am the truth and the life no one comes to my father .except through me. so how did mary get involued.

The best place to hide a LIE is
between two TRUTHS!
U said anyone who gives honor to anyone but God will burn, that means every child that respected their parents will go to hell mayb even ur Jesus is in hell because he respected him mom.
u see how illogical ur position is?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:53pm On May 15, 2016
Ubenedictus:
OH, i can do better, i can give u a pasage that says the the entire mosaic law is obsolate, wat do u say?

Please show me.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by blueAgent(m): 9:52am On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
U said anyone who gives honor to anyone but God will burn, that means every child that respected their parents will go to hell mayb even ur Jesus is in hell because he respected him mom.
u see how illogical ur position is?

How does Honouring a person involue praying to that person.
Have you asked yourself ,who instructed the so call honouring of Mary(worship) were is it written in the bible?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:19am On May 16, 2016
blueAgent:

How does Honouring a person involue praying to that person.
Have you asked yourself ,who instructed the so call honouring of Mary(worship) were is it written in the bible?
Incase you dont know, d word 'pray' simply means to make a request, to ask, there is nothing sinful or wrong in making a request to someone.

the bible passage that confirms the honouring of mary is luke 1:48b "for behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed"
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:25am On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Please show me.
HEB 8:13 Tell us d old covenant from hence we get d old law is now obsolate
New International Version
By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and
outdated will soon disappear.
New Living Translation
When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it
means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:25am On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Please show me.
If u are of d works of d law u are under a curse

“as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse” (Galatians 3:10).

CHRISTIANS ARE NO LONGER UNDER D LAW.

“we are no longer
under a tutor [the law]” (Gal 3:24-25)

THE OLD LAW DIED WITH CHRIST ALONG WITH ITS COMMANDS AND ORDINANCES.

For he [Christ] is our peace, who made both [Jew and Gentile] one, and brake down the middle wall of partition, having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; that he might create in
himself of the two one new man, so
making peace; and might reconcile them both in one body unto God through the cross, having slain the enmity thereby (Ephesians 2:14-16).
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Syncan(m): 11:36am On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:

HEB 8:13 Tell us d old covenant from hence we get d old law is now obsolate
New International Version
By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and
outdated will soon disappear.
New Living Translation
When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it
means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.

Gbam!

Heb.7:18 So the former commandment is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect),
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien
If u are of d works of d law u are under a curse

“as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse” (Galatians 3:10).

CHRISTIANS ARE NO LONGER UNDER D LAW.

“we are no longer
under a tutor [the law]”
(Gal 3:24-25)

THE OLD LAW DIED WITH CHRIST ALONG WITH ITS COMMANDS AND ORDINANCES.

For he [Christ] is our peace, who made both [Jew and Gentile] one, and brake down the middle wall of partition, having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; that he might create in
himself of the two one new man, so
making peace; and might reconcile them both in one body unto God through the cross, having slain the enmity thereby
(Ephesians 2:14-16). ARE U UNDER THE MINISTRATION OF DEATH? 2 Corinthians 3:7 International Version Now if the ministry that brought death, which
was engraved in letters on stone,...
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:24pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Gbam!

Heb.7:18 So the former commandment is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect),
some people prefer shadows to reality.
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:43pm On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus, these are the words of Jesus:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach
men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matt. 5:17-19

How is it then you say we are no longer required to obey GOD's law?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Incase you dont know, d word 'pray' simply means to make a request, to ask, there is nothing sinful or wrong in making a request to someone.

the bible passage that confirms the honouring of mary is luke 1:48b "for behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed"

Where does the Bible ask us to make a request to Mary?

Did Jesus ask us to pray to Mary or make any request from her?

Is Mary able to grant you anything?
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:02pm On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus, if you say the Law of GOD has been abolished, does this verse agree with you?

"All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal." Psa. 119:160
Re: Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:23pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan, what do you have to say about the verses below?

“Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” Romans 6:1-2.

"Sin is the transgression of the law" 1 Jn 3:4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Power Of Curses And Blessing / David Oyedepo Jnr To Pastor The Faith Tabernacle In Ota / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.