Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

How Lucrative Is Borehole Drilling Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Lucrative Is Borehole Drilling Business? (2205 Views)

Steps: How To Start A Borehole Drilling Business In Nigeria / How Lucrative Is Furniture Business / How Lucrative Is Onion Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lucrative Is Borehole Drilling Business? by Aviero: 10:18am On May 02, 2016
Pls, for one thinking of venturing into the water borehole drilling business, what are the things to note?

Also, for how much can one get the rig both new one and second hand?

Other contributions are equally important, pls.

Thanks

cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: How Lucrative Is Borehole Drilling Business? by Olurote(m): 1:01pm On May 02, 2016
borehole drilling requires a lot of capital to set up. nigerian built rig goes for about N10-15m and a good second hand compressor should be around 1.6m, other expenses are involved - drilling rods (50-70k each), drilling bits (70 - 150k, depending on size and quality) etc. with these, you can drill an average of 2 holes per day at the rate of nothing less than 280k each. i guess 450k profit per day (all other things being equal) is lucrative enough. from a driller.
Re: How Lucrative Is Borehole Drilling Business? by Aviero: 7:02pm On May 02, 2016
Olurote:
borehole drilling requires a lot of capital to set up. nigerian built rig goes for about N10-15m and a good second hand compressor should be around 1.6m, other expenses are involved - drilling rods (50-70k each), drilling bits (70 - 150k, depending on size and quality) etc. with these, you can drill an average of 2 holes per day at the rate of nothing less than 280k each. i guess 450k profit per day (all other things being equal) is lucrative enough. from a driller.
Thank you very much.

Pls, how many drilling rods do you think one will need?
Re: How Lucrative Is Borehole Drilling Business? by Olurote(m): 10:45pm On May 02, 2016
Aviero:
Thank you very much.

Pls, how many drilling rods do you think one will need?

it depends on the area (sedimentary or basement) you want to capture as your business area and the targeted depth. imported rods are around 3.3metres so, if geophysical report recommends a depth of, say, 60metres, that means you will need 20rods.
Re: How Lucrative Is Borehole Drilling Business? by Aviero: 11:15pm On May 02, 2016
Olurote:
it depends on the area (sedimentary or basement) you want to capture as your business area and the targeted depth. imported rods are around 3.3metres so, if geophysical report recommends a depth of, say, 60metres, that means you will need 20rods.
This is insightful. Thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Borehole Drilling Business? by Basalt(m): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
Olurote:

Bros I am also interested in this borehole stuff.
I studied Geology, did my 6months industrial training in a borehole company so I have an overview knowledge of what it's all about.
I will like to own my borehole drilling company.

You made mention of rig costing around 10-15m.
Have you heard of TRIPOD drilling machine Sir?

That one that is smaller, has three supportive legs and uses smaller driling stem/pipe.
It should cost lower than rig.

The compressor is used for basement complex as you rightfully put so I am looking towards setting my business in sedimentary formations and hence the need of compressor is striked out.
Re: How Lucrative Is Borehole Drilling Business? by betaessays: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
How to start a borehole drilling business in Nigeria

https://businessplan.com.ng/borehole-drilling-business-plan-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Here Are Over 60 Marketable Skills You Can Offer As A Freelancing Service Now / Make Money Online By Liking And Commenting And Also Sharing Posts On Facebook / It's High Time We All Dream BIG Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.