Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne (65646 Views)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Ooni Of Ife Celebrates 1st Year On The Throne With Soyinka, Obasanjo, Others / Sultan Of Sokoto Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of The Ascension Of Throne (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Pheals(f): 7:55pm On May 03, 2016
klassykute:
pheals u b edo girl?.
Oyo Alafin wink ... From Oyo empire : the only empire in Yoruba land
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by klassykute(m): 6:37am On May 04, 2016
Pheals:
Oyo Alafin wink ... From Oyo empire : the only empire in Yoruba land
well done .. bawo ni
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Pheals(f): 6:57am On May 04, 2016
klassykute:
well done .. bawo ni
am good sir
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by orunto27: 8:02am On May 04, 2016
He visited for Propitiation at the Judgement seat of Oduduwa Olodumare's Kingdom in Heaven.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ovieigho(m): 8:45am On May 04, 2016
Elose11:
Baba was pleased
enough with Omo'n'ba to swap
his black leather seat with him.
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.
GBAM!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ritababe(f): 8:52am On May 04, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
all of una mumu o grin

just cos the OP with no verifiable source stated that the ooni vacated a leather seat for the oba of Benin, you lots now think the oba is superior.

how are you sure that the seat is actually precious to the ooni?

Na wah o

Oba Of Benin is superior

4 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ovieigho(m): 9:12am On May 04, 2016
let me tell you a story: when oduduwa came to ile ife he was coming from somewhere, and that is obviously Edo, oduduwa was an igodomigodo prince befor coming to ile ife ,so there was already and established kingdom in Benin (igodomigodo) which were govern by ogisos,so when oduduwa established himself in ife at that time there was a crisis in igodomigodo if there wasn't blood affiliations they will Neva send words to his prince( oduduwa) for help, oduduwa couldn't offer himself anymore and he sent his grandson oranmiyan who was later vexed and the land was later called ile ibinu..Benin. .

6 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:20am On May 04, 2016
ovieigho:
let me tell you a story: when oduduwa came to ile ife he was coming from somewhere, and that is obviously Edo, oduduwa was an igodomigodo prince befor coming to ile ife ,so there was already and established kingdom in Benin (igodomigodo) which were govern by ogisos,so when oduduwa established himself in ife at that time there was a crisis in igodomigodo if there wasn't blood affiliations they will Neva send words to his prince( oduduwa) for help, oduduwa couldn't offer himself anymore and he sent his grandson oranmiyan who was later vexed and the land was later called ile ibinu..Benin. .

I expected better from the departed Omo N'oba, an intelligent man who allowed petty politics to becloud his better sense of judgement. That yarn you wrote up there just doesn't agree with the facts, perhaps this is due to every problem reminiscent of all tales by moonlight. A better story could have done the job of revising history, not this one.

5 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ovieigho(m): 11:00am On May 04, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

I expected better from the departed Omo N'oba, an intelligent man who allowed petty politics to becloud his better sense of judgement. That yarn you wrote up there just doesn't agree with the facts, perhaps this is due to every problem reminiscent of all tales by moonlight. A better story could have done the job of revising history, not this one.

with all you av written I didn't see any counter claim from you , perhaps you don't know much about history any way ododuwas name was coined from Benin name Izoduwa. google and wiki are your friends bro...

3 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:06am On May 04, 2016
seunny4lif:
I think say Oba of Benin no dey leave palace grin grin
Oga No mind them o.

4 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by topsyking: 11:35am On May 04, 2016
grin grin
TonyeBarcanista:
Oga No mind them o.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Olabestonic001(m): 11:54am On May 04, 2016
Elose11:
Baba was pleased
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.

And that a superior king of Benin should pay homage to Ooni right?
You guys can't just seize to be petty. They both are kings in their rights who respects each others highly. Also, there seems to be a linkage between Oba of Benin and Ooni of Ife even in death sef.

6 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 12:11pm On May 04, 2016
grin grin grin
TonyeBarcanista:
Oga No mind them o.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by 2wizkids(m): 2:25pm On May 04, 2016
omoigbomina:
and it is the junior that visits the senior.
does the ooni visiting the olu of warri make him a junior to the olu? please be frank with yourself, from that pix i could tell the oba was the superior king there simple

4 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by frisky2good(m): 2:26pm On May 04, 2016
For some people mind, every chair a king sits on is a throne.

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Deen77: 2:26pm On May 04, 2016
doublewisdom:

You made sense. You only leave your seat for a superior.
Junior visit senior too

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ostopsmich(m): 2:27pm On May 04, 2016
Stop waiting for Government to give you Jobs that has not given those in it that FINANCIAL FREEDOM. Start to think of how to make that extra income...Let me teach you how you can make that sustainable extra income...send a mail to ostopsmich@gmail.com. NOTE: Only serious minded people, if you have people too who wish to make extra income, kindly rebroadcast the message. Thanks
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by BraniacX(m): 2:27pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:
lol
So why did they not announce his death earlier than Ooni.
Lol...anyway sha
Waiting for his abobaku to follow suit ni grin
Na yoke sorry choke sorry joke i dey oh! grin
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Barrywilly(m): 2:28pm On May 04, 2016
Open your eyes very well. The personality in the pix sitting beside the Oba of Benin is Chief Bisi Akande, and not late Ooni Adesoji Aderemi. Ooni Aderemi was a great King during his lifetime and as such, will never vacate his throne for a lesser King like the Oba of Benin, who is a great grandson of Oduduwa

6 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by henrygale(m): 2:29pm On May 04, 2016
Pheals:
Y kings of today dey fight !! Oba respected the ooni by leaving his beautiful palace to visit him !! I thought the oba doesn't leaves his palace ni !!

God bless the ooni
God bless the oba
They don't leave their palace to visit another oba,but some of dem dey do to visit politicians seeking shares of the national cake!
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ireneony(f): 2:31pm On May 04, 2016
Elose11:
Baba was pleased
you are on point!

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by DONSMITH123(m): 2:31pm On May 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

CACAWA:
If this story is true, then I have a question.

According to the picture above, the Oba of Benin was newly installed meaning his predecessor had just died, and the Ooni of Ife died the next year.

In 2015 also, a new Ooni of Ife was installed and the Oba of Benin died about same time.

Also, this Ooni of Ife has married a Benin woman....hmmmm

Something tells me that the Oba of Benin is an abOBAku of the Ooni of Ife.

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by henrygale(m): 2:31pm On May 04, 2016
Barrywilly:
Open you eyes very well. The personality in the pix sitting beside the Oba of Benin is Chief Bisi Akande, and not late Ooni Adesoji Aderemi. Ooni Aderemi was a great King during his lifetime and as such, will never vacate his throne for a lesser King like the Oba of Benin, who is a great grandson of Oduduwa
If chief bisi akande was like dat more Dan 30yrs ago,den means he is immortal compared to what he looks like today!

11 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by laprince(m): 2:32pm On May 04, 2016
seunny4lif:

That myth is a little true.
However, sometimes, the Oba goes to pay visit to deserving people in the land for great achievements.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ayamLekan(m): 2:33pm On May 04, 2016
NL wee nor kee me ooo
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by mysteryman2014: 2:33pm On May 04, 2016
[quote author=Elose11 post=45269741] Baba was pleased
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.[/quote

Like it is u don't understand what it means to show hospitality to someone that takes the pain to visit. It is not a matter of superiority but Appreciation and Honor.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by HirstMOG(m): 2:33pm On May 04, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
all of una mumu o grin

just cos the OP with no verifiable source stated that the ooni vacated a leather seat for the oba of Benin, you lots now think the oba is superior.

how are you sure that the seat is actually precious to the ooni?

Na wah o

have you ever seen a situation where an elder will stand up for his younger one to sit? there are some things you should argue OK.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Omeny: 2:34pm On May 04, 2016
seunny4lif:

Na so I be think too ooo!

But look at that pix well, doesn't it not seem to u that the Oba was the one in his own palace?

I don't trust this my Yoruba brothers ooo!

Their lies no get mate ooo!
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Opharhe: 2:34pm On May 04, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:
Na Lie Oba of benin don't go out..

But can bow for UK chick outside his palacegringrin
The Oba goes out but on rare occasions. The picture of the Oba and Queen Elizabeth you're referring to was when Queen Elizabeth visited Benin to meet Oba Akenzua since the Oba, for reasons best known to him, refused to attend the meeting of Kings in the old western region with the Queen at Ibadan. So the Queen had to visit the Oba in BENIN accompanied by Awolowo. The phrase 'Oba no dey go transfer' is generally due to the Oba's reluctance to visit people or places outside his palace(most times due to ritual restrictions)... It's a way of massaging his ego and that of the Edo people.
Oba gha tokpe e..... Ise!

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ireneony(f): 2:35pm On May 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Oga No mind them o.
what do you know? Pls go back to politics section
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Omeny: 2:35pm On May 04, 2016
ovieigho:
GBAM!!!!!!!
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ogmask: 2:36pm On May 04, 2016
omoigbomina:
and it is the junior that visits the senior.

That means all the kings in Yoruba land the Ooni visited in his quest for peace and reconciliation when he was newly installed are superior to him?

If this is the case, that means the Oba is not only junior to the Ooni but also to all the senior obas the Ooni visited.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.