Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne (65641 Views)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Ooni Of Ife Celebrates 1st Year On The Throne With Soyinka, Obasanjo, Others / Sultan Of Sokoto Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of The Ascension Of Throne (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by emmykk(m): 2:36pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:
If this story is true, then I have a question.

According to the picture above, the Oba of Benin was newly installed meaning his predecessor had just died, and the Ooni of Ife died the next year.

In 2015 also, a new Ooni of Ife was installed and the Oba of Benin died about same time.

Also, this Ooni of Ife has married a Benin woman....hmmmm

Something tells me that the Oba of Benin is an abOBAku of the Ooni of Ife.

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.
bros i dey envy the igbo when you dey smoke where i fit charter 10 rap

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by WildChild00(m): 2:38pm On May 04, 2016
Oba otu pe' ee Iseeeee grin
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by emmasege: 2:43pm On May 04, 2016
Hope Ojaja II or someone very close to him is reading this, before he jumps in the car to Benin again for coronation or solidarity visit. Ooni's stool is revered above any Oba's in the entire Yoruba race. The occupant of the stool should not be seen in every gathering of Tom, Dick and Harry. Life of 'Owanbe' ceases the moment one accepts to occupy that throne. A father stays more at home for his children to come on visit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Omeny: 2:43pm On May 04, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

I expected better from the departed Omo N'oba, an intelligent man who allowed petty politics to becloud his better sense of judgement. That yarn you wrote up there just doesn't agree with the facts, perhaps this is due to every problem reminiscent of all tales by moonlight. A better story could have done the job of revising history, not this one.

Don't speak ill about the dead my brother!

When, and where did u see Oba of Benin medley into politics and political matters?

Since u where born have u ever heard or see Oba of Benin in Abuja or elsewhere shaking hands with those in govt?

Why can't we let this matter rest?

Oba of Benin is Oba that Others envy and emulate!

Don't get it twisted!

4 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ogmask: 2:44pm On May 04, 2016
Opharhe:
The Oba goes out but on rare occasions. The phrase 'Oba no dey go transfer' is generally due to the Oba's reluctance to visit people or places outside his palace(most times due to ritual restrictions)... It's a way of massaging his ego and that of the Edo people.
Oba gha tokpe e..... Ise!

That phrase means that the Oba cannot abdicate his throne. The Oba of Benin is identified at birth and he dies an Oba. No transfer, no promotion, no demotion, no lobbying.

4 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by hadura29(m): 2:46pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:

According to the picture above, the Oba of Benin was newly installed meaning his predecessor had just died, and the Ooni of Ife died the next year.

In 2015 also, a new Ooni of Ife was installed and the Oba of Benin died about same time.

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.

You smell conspiracy theories, ahn... hmmm
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 04, 2016
this is deep, i appreciate your analysis.
CACAWA:

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Opharhe: 2:48pm On May 04, 2016
omoigbomina:
and it is the junior that visits the senior.
The Oba of Benin paid a 'thank you' visit to Obas(Yoruba), Obis(Igbo) and Emirs(Hausa/Fulani) who attended his coronation or sent delegates throughout Nigeria after his ascension to the throne just like Ooni did recently.

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by sibb2011: 2:49pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:

this your theory pass me oooo
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Opharhe: 2:50pm On May 04, 2016
ogmask:

That phrase means that the Oba cannot abdicate his throne. The Oba of Benin is identified at birth and he dies an Oba. No transfer, no promotion, no demotion, no lobbying.
Yeah, i get. Thanks.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Omeny: 2:51pm On May 04, 2016
Barrywilly:
Open your eyes very well. The personality in the pix sitting beside the Oba of Benin is Chief Bisi Akande, and not late Ooni Adesoji Aderemi. Ooni Aderemi was a great King during his lifetime and as such, will never vacate his throne for a lesser King like the Oba of Benin, who is a great grandson of Oduduwa

God bless u for that observation!

No wonder HISTORY is banned in our schs!

Pple just want a way to change history to suit their selfish interest!

God pass them sha!

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by AmordeDios: 2:52pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:

Gbagam Gbagam......gangangan.....waiting for benin people to reply tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by babs01(m): 2:52pm On May 04, 2016
Pheals:
Oyo Alafin wink ... From Oyo empire : the only empire in Yoruba land
I for like u but...
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by AdeniyiA(m): 2:53pm On May 04, 2016
The Ooni was laughing like Bisi Akande, i initially thought he was him...
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Jyde89: 2:55pm On May 04, 2016
Eddy2cute:
That was before he ascended the throne of the benin monarchy. If he was already seated as the oba of benin he can't go and visit the ooni! Instead its the ooni that will come and visit him in benin. Also didn't u guys notice the superiority of the benin monarchy over the kingship of ife, as the ooni has to vacate his own sit in his own palace for a visiting prince about the be crowned king of benin? If the prince even asked 4 the ooni's wife for the night he will still definitely grant him the favour hehehehe that's the defination of true superiority of the benin monarchy over the yorubas. #fact

He vacated his leather chair in his house, thats a show of hospitality which we yoruba's are known for; the kingdom of Ife has been in existense long before oyo or the benin kingdom(remember Oranmiyan) so dont get it twisted, but that one no concern me, na money i de find.

7 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:57pm On May 04, 2016
Elose11:
Baba was pleased
enough with Omo'n'ba to swap
his black leather seat with him.
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.
There is a difference between a seat and a throne. What the Ooni vacated for the Oba was a seat, not throne.

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by jude33084(m): 2:58pm On May 04, 2016
Who told you guys that the Oba of Benin Kingdom don't go out?

They do not mostly participate in public functions.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ogmask: 2:59pm On May 04, 2016
seunny4lif:
I think say Oba of Benin no dey leave palace grin grin

He does on rare occasions.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by AdeniyiA(m): 2:59pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:

Your post made me also remember that the immediate past Ooni of Ife died just last year , Oba of Benin also died the following year and the newly installed Ooni had to marry a Benin woman?
There are some connections they're not telling us..

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ayomidegal: 3:04pm On May 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Jyde89: 3:04pm On May 04, 2016
[quote author=ovieigho post=45297256]let me tell you a story: when oduduwa came to ile ife he was coming from somewhere, and that is obviously Edo, oduduwa was an igodomigodo prince befor coming to ile ife ,so there was already and established kingdom in Benin (igodomigodo) which were govern by ogisos,so when oduduwa established himself in ife at that time there was a crisis in igodomigodo if there wasn't blood affiliations they will Neva send words to his prince( oduduwa) for help, oduduwa couldn't offer himself anymore and he sent his grandson oranmiyan who was later vexed and the land was later called ile ibinu..Benin. . [/quote

Poor boy, i'm sure a quack history teacher fed you this lies, you'er delivered in jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by AreaFada2: 3:05pm On May 04, 2016
Pheals:
Y kings of today dey fight !! Oba respected the ooni by leaving his beautiful palace to visit him !! I thought the oba doesn't leaves his palace ni !!

God bless the ooni
God bless the oba

A total lie. How can Oba not leave palace?

Until after Oba Orhogbua, who was Oba from about 1550AD-1578 AD, Oba used to lead the soldiers to war. Ozolua spent 6 years in Edo North camped on the shores of River Niger fighting off Idah People.

Oba Erediauwa had a nationwide "thank you" tour after coming to power.

I remember him visiting my uncle's ducal palace, in the state wide tour before going nationwide. Up to Sultan of Sokoto's palace.

This pic in Ooni's palace must have been taken during that tour.

What Oba doesn't do is go to parties, occasions and outings anyhow.

In any case, affinity between Ife, Owo & Lagos ruling houses & benin monarchy is long standing.

Only modern people these days like to promote discord instead of unity.

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by goonsmi: 3:05pm On May 04, 2016
Elose11:

If this your statement about two kings not sharing the same throne makes sense to you, how come none of the yoruba monarchs the new Ooni visited vacates their seats for him?

That was not even the throne but one of the chairs inside Ooni's sitting room. The person tagged as Ooni Aderemi even seems to be Chief Bisi Akande who happens to be the deputy Governor to the late Chief Bola Ige ( I could be wrong on the identity though but our Obas don't use such a chair as the throne).
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ogmask: 3:06pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:
lol

So why did they not announce his death earlier than Ooni.

Lol...anyway sha

In Benin everything follow due process. The death of the Oba is not announced till the crown Prince complete his traditional journey (rights) to ascending the throne. The binis are very conservative with this part of the tradition.

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by jude33084(m): 3:07pm On May 04, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

I expected better from the departed Omo N'oba, an intelligent man who allowed petty politics to becloud his better sense of judgement. That yarn you wrote up there just doesn't agree with the facts, perhaps this is due to every problem reminiscent of all tales by moonlight. A better story could have done the job of revising history, not this one.

Grow up bro and stop believing what you read on dailys wink
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by hensben(m): 3:11pm On May 04, 2016
Bini oba is the head of all Obas
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by AreaFada2: 3:14pm On May 04, 2016
ogmask:

In Benin everything follow due process. The death of the Oba is not announced till the crown Prince complete his traditional journey (rights) to ascending the throne. The binis are very conservative with this part of the tradition.

You're correct.

In Benin, the monarchy is super stable. There is no fear of vacuum or princes fighting each other for the throne.

The structures, processes and procedures are very exact.

When the Oba is indisposed, only very few selected princes & chiefs/functionaries can see him. He's to be remembered as a vibrant healthy king.

Even after he departs certain rites must be done first. These are centuries old procedures. It is quite elaborate and hard work for the crown prince.

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by larryUG(m): 3:15pm On May 04, 2016
aventura:
Thesame way every new emir must visit the sultan. If the new oba of benin visits the ooni then it puts to rest the age long arguments between both sides on who is superior.
it doesnt matter who visits who? the Ooni visited other kings when he was crowned including the sultan and alake of egbaland. does it mean he is inferior to them?

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by maxzzo1(m): 3:15pm On May 04, 2016
Elose11:
Baba was pleased
enough with Omo'n'ba to swap
his black leather seat with him.
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.
well spoken no conflict.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Osisiogu2k4(m): 3:16pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA(m): 10:16am On May 03

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.................

oba of Benin died 2014 and not 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.