Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne (65647 Views)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Ooni Of Ife Celebrates 1st Year On The Throne With Soyinka, Obasanjo, Others / Sultan Of Sokoto Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of The Ascension Of Throne (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by hensben(m): 3:16pm On May 04, 2016
He was still a prince then before he visited. Oba nor dey go transfer.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by waziri4biz: 3:17pm On May 04, 2016
Agunechemba1:
Who dem epp?
when u have nothing to contribute why can't u sh*t the hell up
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Saladin25(m): 3:18pm On May 04, 2016
When I said it here that the late Oba Erediuwa (Solomon Akenzua) do go out
Even from a bit of research that I did, he was involved in politics before he became the king.
Anybody that says the later Oba Benin doesn't go out he/she must be a joker.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by hensben(m): 3:20pm On May 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Oga No mind them o.
he wasn't oba yet at that time he visited but prince. Oba nor dey go transfer.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by waziri4biz: 3:21pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:
lol

So why did they not announce his death earlier than Ooni.

Lol...anyway sha
it takes up to a year plus before the death of the Oba of Benin is announced.That's the Benin tradition
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Saladin25(m): 3:22pm On May 04, 2016
Elose11:
Baba was pleased
enough with Omo'n'ba to swap
his black leather seat with him.
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.
Stop yarning okpata, what the Ooni did is called hospitality. Don't bring anything superiority here.

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by hensben(m): 3:24pm On May 04, 2016
Barrywilly:
Open your eyes very well. The personality in the pix sitting beside the Oba of Benin is Chief Bisi Akande, and not late Ooni Adesoji Aderemi. Ooni Aderemi was a great King during his lifetime and as such, will never vacate his throne for a lesser King like the Oba of Benin, who is a great grandson of Oduduwa
he wasn't oba of bini yet before he visited, he was just a prince then. Oba nor dey go transfer
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by sucess001(m): 3:27pm On May 04, 2016
see as this man dey smile like Bisi Akande?

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by taiwo4love(m): 3:29pm On May 04, 2016
You Can Now Charge Your Phone With A Burning Fire
http://gidiinfo.com/can-now-charge-phone-burning-fire/

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by MENELIK1: 3:29pm On May 04, 2016
Pheals:
Oyo Alafin wink ... From Oyo empire : the only empire in Yoruba land
No, the only Empire in pre- colonial southern Nigeria
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by eyinjuege: 3:34pm On May 04, 2016
doublewisdom:

You made sense. You only leave your seat for a superior.

Does that leather seat look like a throne?

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by waziri4biz: 3:39pm On May 04, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

I expected better from the departed Omo N'oba, an intelligent man who allowed petty politics to becloud his better sense of judgement. That yarn you wrote up there just doesn't agree with the facts, perhaps this is due to every problem reminiscent of all tales by moonlight. A better story could have done the job of revising history, not this one.

what a sensible person would do is to produce facts to counter and not just vomit rubbish because u think u know English
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 3:42pm On May 04, 2016
grin grin
You smoke Aba weed grin grin
Stop looking at the pic upside down grin
Omeny:

Na so I be think too ooo!

But look at that pix well, doesn't it not seem to u that the Oba was the one in his own palace?

I don't trust this my Yoruba brothers ooo!
Their lies no get mate ooo!
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 3:43pm On May 04, 2016
grin grin
But all my friends insists Oba no dey go transfer grin
laprince:

That myth is a little true.
However, sometimes, the Oba goes to pay visit to deserving people in the land for great achievements.

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 3:43pm On May 04, 2016
ogmask:

He does on rare occasions.
If I hear cheesy cheesy
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by waziri4biz: 3:43pm On May 04, 2016
Olabestonic001:

And that a superior king of Benin should pay homage to Ooni right?
You guys can't just seize to be petty. They both are kings in their rights who respects each others highly. Also, there seems to be a linkage between Oba of Benin and Ooni of Ife even in death sef.
oba of Benin does not pay homage by that date he was still crown prince.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Cosbyrich: 3:47pm On May 04, 2016
ovieigho:
with all you av written I didn't see any counter claim from you , perhaps you don't know much about history any way ododuwas name was coined from Benin name Izoduwa. google and wiki are your friends bro...
BENIN KINGDOM REMAINED PART OF THE EXPANSIVE YORUBA RACE...IT IS AN OLD HISTORY WHICH UNFORTUNATELY WAS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN BY THE POLITICAL OBA.

The Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye
Ogunwusi, on Tuesday said
Benin Kingdom in Edo State
remained part of the
expansive Yoruba race, a
pronouncement that may
spark fresh rivalry and
altercation between people of
the two ancient kingdoms.
The monarch made the
comment in reaction to a
statement credited to the
palace of the Oba of Benin
challenging the claim by the
Alake of Egbaland, Adedotun
Gbadebo, that the Ooni of Ife
remained the pre-eminent
spiritual leader in Yorubaland
and environs.
Oba Ogunwusi, via a
statement by his Director of
Media and Public Affairs,
Moses Olafare, made available
to PREMIUM TIMES, said he
was not interested in any
supremacy battle with anyone
but that he would continue to
put the records straight and
avoid distortion of history
from any quarters.
The monarch said going by
historical evidence detailing
the Oduduwa lineage, Benin
Kingdom remained part and
parcel of Oduduwa House.
“We in Oduduwa land have
always seen and regarded our
people in Benin kingdom as
part and parcel of Oduduwa
House. They are our brothers
and sisters, coupled with
historical facts to back up this
position,” Ooni Ogunwusi said.
“The statement credited to the
Alake of Egbaland, did not
emanate from us but the
reality is that as a highly
experienced and well
informed monarch, Kabiyesi
Alake, who is a bonafide
Oodua descendant is entitled
to his opinion based on his
knowledge and understanding
of history,” the Ooni said.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198255-benin-kingdom-edo-yoruba-territory-ooni-ife-adeyeye-ogunwusi.html

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ernieboy(m): 3:47pm On May 04, 2016
What exactly is the op trying to insinuate in this post? I quite recall that the present oni visited the emir of kano does that mean the emir now has superoirity over the oni?
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Pheals(f): 4:07pm On May 04, 2016
MENELIK1:
No, the only Empire in pre- colonial southern Nigeria
Google that bro ' Oyo empire'
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Pheals(f): 4:08pm On May 04, 2016
babs01:

I for like u but...
but wat naw?
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Itulah(m): 4:08pm On May 04, 2016
Elose11:
Baba was pleased
enough with Omo'n'ba to swap
his black leather seat with him.
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.

This is beautiful and outstanding analysis. But the lagoon goons and their allies will not like this perspective.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Pheals(f): 4:08pm On May 04, 2016
AreaFada2:

A total lie. How can Oba not leave palace?

Until after Oba Orhogbua, who was Oba from about 1550AD-1578 AD, Oba used to lead the soldiers to war. Ozolua spent 6 years in Edo North camped on the shores of River Niger fighting off Idah People.

Oba Erediauwa had a nationwide "thank you" tour after coming to power.

I remember him visiting my uncle's ducal palace, in the state wide tour before going nationwide. Up to Sultan of Sokoto's palace.

This pic in Ooni's palace must have been taken during that tour.

What Oba doesn't do is go to parties, occasions and outings anyhow.

In any case, affinity between Ife, Owo & Lagos ruling houses & benin monarchy is long standing.

Only modern people these days like to promote discord instead of unity.

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Pheals(f): 4:10pm On May 04, 2016
AreaFada2:

A total lie. How can Oba not leave palace?

Until after Oba Orhogbua, who was Oba from about 1550AD-1578 AD, Oba used to lead the soldiers to war. Ozolua spent 6 years in Edo North camped on the shores of River Niger fighting off Idah People.

Oba Erediauwa had a nationwide "thank you" tour after coming to power.

I remember him visiting my uncle's ducal palace, in the state wide tour before going nationwide. Up to Sultan of Sokoto's palace.

This pic in Ooni's palace must have been taken during that tour.

What Oba doesn't do is go to parties, occasions and outings anyhow.

In any case, affinity between Ife, Owo & Lagos ruling houses & benin monarchy is long standing.

Only modern people these days like to promote discord instead of unity.

bro u can make research on that : I read the article here on Nairaland ... Last year
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 04, 2016
sucess001:
see as this man dey smile like Bisi Akande?
hahahahaha with that his APC gworo set of teeth,..dull party
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 04, 2016
comos:

Two kings don't share the same throne.

The ooni of Ife, Adesoji Aderemi realizes that and did the right thing pronto.

And you think that, really, is Ooni throne! Ordinarily speaking, no one other than the installed occupant of the throne dare sit on it! You, surely, need to know better.

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by MENELIK1: 4:22pm On May 04, 2016
Pheals:
Google that bro ' Oyo empire'
You got me wrong sir, what I am saying is that in pre colonial southern Nigeria, only Oyo rose in power to the status of Empire no other Kingdom achieve that.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by MENELIK1: 4:26pm On May 04, 2016
nacosprof:
hahahahaha with that his APC gworo set of teeth,..dull party
at your age!
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by christopher123(m): 4:27pm On May 04, 2016
Not again....nor today to measure dicks on who is the main oba

Not today again
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by dapsonlou(m): 4:39pm On May 04, 2016
topsyking:
In 1979, palace of Ooni of Ife ,The visit of Omo n'oba ni Edo Erediauwa to the palace of Ile-Ife to see the Ooni of Ife, Adesoji Aderemi, on his ascension to the throne of Benin.The following year1980 Ooni Aderemi joined his ancestors. Baba was pleased enough with Omo'n'ba to swap his black leather seat with him. Baba had seen three Benin Obas before he joined his ancestors.

My grandfather. Soko omo lambua.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by richiepolymer(m): 4:46pm On May 04, 2016
Nah....don't get it twisted at all. The Oba of Benin passed on early in 2015 but for some hidden traditional rites it couldn't be announced until recently. Actually the reverse is the case. The previous Ooni passed on months later. So who's the abobaku? cheesy

CACAWA:
If this story is true, then I have a question.

According to the picture above, the Oba of Benin was newly installed meaning his predecessor had just died, and the Ooni of Ife died the next year.

In 2015 also, a new Ooni of Ife was installed and the Oba of Benin died about same time.

Also, this Ooni of Ife has married a Benin woman....hmmmm

Something tells me that the Oba of Benin is an ab_OBA_ku of the Ooni of Ife.

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ogmask: 4:47pm On May 04, 2016
seunny4lif:

If I hear cheesy cheesy

He went to court during the time of former milad, onyeregbulem. He performs igue on the streets of Benin. He engages in other outdoor activities but the public May not know. The binis are very protective of their traditional stool.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ogmask: 4:49pm On May 04, 2016
AreaFada2:

You're correct.

In Benin, the monarchy is super stable. There is no fear of vacuum or princes fighting each other for the throne.

The structures processes and procedures are very exact.

When the Oba is indisposed, only very few selected princes & chiefs/functionaries can see him. He's to be remembered as a vibrant healthy king.

Even after he departs certain rites must be done first. These are centuries old procedures. It is quite elaborate and hard work for the crown prince.

Very true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.