Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne (65638 Views)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Ooni Of Ife Celebrates 1st Year On The Throne With Soyinka, Obasanjo, Others / Sultan Of Sokoto Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of The Ascension Of Throne (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by factsdigger: 4:49pm On May 04, 2016
Dnt mind them,they are pained one reason or the other hence they assume the no visiting tin.
seunny4lif:
I think say Oba of Benin no dey leave palace grin grin
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by dapsonlou(m): 4:50pm On May 04, 2016
Elose11:

If this your statement about two kings not sharing the same throne makes sense to you, how come none of the yoruba monarchs the new Ooni visited vacates their seats for him?

The leather chair is not babas throne seat, but a comfortable leather chair, baba was 89 in that picture. That picture was taking at Glass house babas private home not the palace.

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by richiepolymer(m): 4:50pm On May 04, 2016
I'm yet to see the Oba of Benin visit any other traditional ruler in nigeria. The crown prince can do that. Its rare for the Oba of Benin to visit anyone....only heard of him visiting the British Royal palace. All those who are still engaged in supremacy battle should continue oh. Nothing can change what is.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by babs01(m): 4:54pm On May 04, 2016
Pheals:
but wat naw?
...but I love you
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by dapsonlou(m): 4:55pm On May 04, 2016
Eddy2cute:
That was before he ascended the throne of the benin monarchy. If he was already seated as the oba of benin he can't go and visit the ooni! Instead its the ooni that will come and visit him in benin. Also didn't u guys notice the superiority of the benin monarchy over the kingship of ife, as the ooni has to vacate his own sit in his own palace for a visiting prince about the be crowned king of benin? If the prince even asked 4 the ooni's wife for the night he will still definitely grant him the favour hehehehe that's the defination of true superiority of the benin monarchy over the yorubas. #fact

You people like to fool yourself. It's was baba that approve him as a King, he was also married to his sister . The picture was taken at Glass house not the Palace, he was a guest in his home. Nothing can ever be superior about a King that's kept as a prisoner, can he gain any influence in his cocoon?

3 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 5:03pm On May 04, 2016
grin grin
No mind them
As the Oba get level reach even the Oba of Sweden dey waka grin grin
All Benin dats only 2M grin
factsdigger:
Dnt mind them,they are pained one reason or the other hence they assume the no visiting tin.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 5:05pm On May 04, 2016
grin
dapsonlou:

You people like to fool yourself. It's was baba that approve him as a King, he was also married to his sister . The picture was taken at Glass house not the Palace, he was a guest in his home. Nothing can ever be superior about a King that's kept as a prisoner, can he gain any influence in his cocoon? grin
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 04, 2016
Pheals:
Y kings of today dey fight !! Oba respected the ooni by leaving his beautiful palace to visit him !! I thought the oba doesn't leaves his palace ni !!

God bless the ooni
God bless the oba
He doesn't sleep out side the palace
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by nortcentrallord(m): 5:30pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:
If this story is true, then I have a question.

According to the picture above, the Oba of Benin was newly installed meaning his predecessor had just died, and the Ooni of Ife died the next year.

In 2015 also, a new Ooni of Ife was installed and the Oba of Benin died about same time.

Also, this Ooni of Ife has married a Benin woman....hmmmm

Something tells me that the Oba of Benin is an ab_OBA_ku of the Ooni of Ife.

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.

Why are you. Contradicting yourself self like some...
Was the 1st and second situation alike? Oba died 1st b4the Ooni of Ife so how does es that make Oba of Benin the Ab_oba_ku of Ooni? May Sango sieze the function of your left testis for that statement.

To enlighten you, the Oba of Benin and the Ooni of Ife are cousins. Go and aquaint yourself with Nigeria Nigerian history
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by MrPresident1: 5:36pm On May 04, 2016
You people can argue for ever for all I care.

But one thing is sure, the Oba of Benin MUST FIRST go to Ile-Ife after his coronation. Ile-Ife MUST be his first port of call, he has to go and visit his forebears, to pray and propitiate to them for a successful reign.

Also importantly he has to visit Ile-Ife to receive the royal sword of justice, without this sword he cannot decree an execution (this is now just perfunctory, Obas can no longer decree an execution). He has to do this because he is the son of Oranmiyan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Andremani(m): 5:55pm On May 04, 2016
All male benin citizens hav been ordered to shave their hair in honour of the late oba
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by CACAWA(m): 5:57pm On May 04, 2016
gnmission:

You are a fool! May our ancestors Judge you for that insult! Idiot.
lol...Na una sabi..both you and your ancestors are on your own
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by AreaFada2: 5:58pm On May 04, 2016
Pheals:
bro u can make research on that : I read the article here on Nairaland ... Last year
Lol. Anyone can sit anywhere faraway and say their granddad or grandma, who has no access to or any coonections to the palace said so and so.

There are many myths out there. But I just told you the reality. I don't need any research by outsiders when I have relatives as palace chiefs.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by rabzy: 5:58pm On May 04, 2016
MrPresident1:
You people can argue for ever for all I care.

But one thing is sure, the Oba of Benin MUST FIRST go to Ile-Ife after his coronation. Ile-Ife MUST be his first port of call, he has to go and visit his forebears, to pray and propitiate to them for a successful reign.

Also importantly he has to visit Ile-Ife to receive the royal sword of justice, without this sword he cannot decree an execution (this is now just perfunctory, Obas can no longer decree an execution). He has to do this because is the son of Oranmiyan.

You are stating this as if you are the one that laid down the rule. There is no song, no proverb, no ritual, no history in Benin that indicates that a Benin king must visit Ife after coronation.

Neither have I heard of any from the Yoruba end.

3 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by riczy(m): 6:03pm On May 04, 2016
seunny4lif:
I think say Oba of Benin no dey leave palace grin grin
The laws were not made then! he made n enforce them
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by MrPresident1: 6:04pm On May 04, 2016
rabzy:

You are stating this as if you are the one that laid down the rule. There is no song, no proverb, no ritual, no history in Benin that indicates that a Benin king must visit Ife after coronation.

Neither have I heard of any from the Yoruba end.

Shebi the king will be crowned, abi he will not be crowned ni? Just negodu grin

We will see if he will not go to Ile-Ife to greet and propitiate his fathers grin
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by rollydex: 6:08pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:

According to the picture above, the Oba of Benin was newly installed meaning his predecessor had just died, and the Ooni of Ife died the next year.

In 2015 also, a new Ooni of Ife was installed and the Oba of Benin died about same time.

Something tells me that the Oba of Benin is an ab_OBA_ku of the Ooni of Ife.

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.
According to history both of them including Old of Warri and other four First Class kings I may not be able to mention are all children of Oduduwa the fore father of the Yorubas so they are somehow spiritually attached. watch one of IFE old of Warri, soun of Ignominious must be in attendance during the coronation of new one of Benin and must visit each other after the ascension.

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by erosimo(m): 6:14pm On May 04, 2016
Deen77:

Junior visit senior too

lolz grin
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by macof(m): 6:17pm On May 04, 2016
Elose11:
Baba was pleased
enough with Omo'n'ba to swap
his black leather seat with him.
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.

grin grin grin grin grin Good point. but why not address the lie that "Oba of Bini doesn't leave his palace"?

infact why visit the Ooni... did Oba Erediuwa ever visit Any Esan king? or even the ogiamen who is a king in his own right?
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by erosimo(m): 6:21pm On May 04, 2016
emmasege:
Hope Ojaja II or someone very close to him is reading this, before he jumps in the car to Benin again for coronation or solidarity visit. Ooni's stool is revered above any Oba's in the entire Yoruba race. The occupant of the stool should not be seen in every gathering of Tom, Dick and Harry. Life of 'Owanbe' ceases the moment one accepts to occupy that throne. A father stays more at home for his children to come on visit.

i beg help me tell am o

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by AreaFada2: 6:25pm On May 04, 2016
rabzy:

Neither have Iz heard of any from the Yoruba end.
Don't mind that guy. He thinks we are the days people could twist history anyhow. The usual gratitude to Ife for giving refuge to the Benin son, izoduwa, corrupted to Ododuwa has now been abused and twisted.

This no nonsense crown prince could make profound changes. Something tells me we have a prince in the mold of Ewedo, Esigie, Ozolua and Ewuare. The controversy of superiority caused by Alake of Abeokuta came just at the right time.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by macof(m): 6:29pm On May 04, 2016
ovieigho:
with all you av written I didn't see any counter claim from you , perhaps you don't know much about history any way ododuwas name was coined from Benin name Izoduwa. google and wiki are your friends bro...

so google and wikipedia are your Bini history teachers? you disappoint me Oviedo

how does Odu da uwa (Standard yoruba dialect:odu da iwa...meaning vessel that created existence) have anything to do with Izoduwa. ... where does the Izo come from? and where did you throw the Odu to?

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Pheals(f): 6:31pm On May 04, 2016
MENELIK1:
You got me wrong sir, what I am saying is that in pre colonial southern Nigeria, only Oyo rose in power to the status of Empire no other Kingdom achieve that.
OK sir shocked
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by AreaFada2: 6:35pm On May 04, 2016
macof:

grin grin grin grin grin Good point. but why not address the lie that "Oba of Bini doesn't leave his palace"?

infact why visit the Ooni... did Oba Erediuwa ever visit Any Esan king? or even the ogiamen who is a king in his own right?

Oba does leave palace. Just not anyhow. Oba Akenzua very rarely did. Erediauwa did more but still very moderately. Certainly in ancient times even less.

But Europeans had records of Oba on horseback with a large retinue of courtiers, drummers, trumpeters, dwarves and leopards going through the city even the 16 the century.

Because oba is so rarely seen, the folklore is that he doesn't leave the palace.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Businessideas: 6:38pm On May 04, 2016
And now this picture shocked.I have said that those revising history are in for a shocker. I have predicted that more and more pictures will be released to show that the late Oba of Benin peddled falsehood and attempted to rewrite history.
I see my pro-Benin guys contradict themselves because that's the problem with lie and lying.You need more lies to cover a lie. Why do you think the Oba of Benin visited the Ooni immediately after his coronation and history has no single account of any dead or living Ooni visiting the Oba of Benin's palace?Why not Oba of Lagos since Lagos was capital of Nigeria and not the Alaafin,Ikubabayeye? It's a part of the rite.Not coincidence.
Why are these pictures suddenly surfacing? It's to make a statement.
Let's enjoy the phased demystifying of the Oba of Benin unless the new Oba of Benin begs and makes peace with Ile Ife. Before then, let's enjoy our history lesson.

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by masseratti: 6:39pm On May 04, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Why are you. Contradicting yourself self like some...
Was the 1st and second situation alike? Oba died 1st b4the Ooni of Ife so how does es that make Oba of Benin the Ab_oba_ku of Ooni? May Sango sieze the function of your left testis for that statement.

To enlighten you, the Oba of Benin and the Ooni of Ife are cousins. Go and aquaint yourself with Nigeria Nigerian history
actually they are not,Oba of benin is more related to alaafin than the ooni,dont mind the op jare looking for snr among them,they r not even the same,ooni is not a king in the true sense,he is more like a pope,alaafin and oba of benin are emprores not just kings.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 6:42pm On May 04, 2016
grin grin grin
riczy:
The laws were not made then! he made n enforce them
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by mida101(m): 6:42pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:

Something tells me that the Oba of Benin is the ab_OBA_ku of the Ooni of Ife.

nonesense!
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Businessideas: 6:44pm On May 04, 2016
masseratti:
actually they are not,Oba of benin is more related to alaafin than the ooni,dont mind the op jare looking for snr among them,they r not even the same,ooni is not a king in the true sense,he is more like a pope,alaafin and oba of benin are emprores not just kings.
God bless you. The Ooni is the spiritual head and his title predates any other king.How the Oba of Benin got his boldness to challenge the Ooni is unprecedented!

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by factsdigger: 7:03pm On May 04, 2016
Even queen dey waka,old age no gree for her again.
seunny4lif:
grin grin
No mind them
As the Oba get level reach even the Oba of Sweden dey waka grin grin
All Benin dats only 2M grin
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 7:04pm On May 04, 2016
grin grin grin
factsdigger:
Even queen dey waka,old age no gree for her again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.