Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

"Tokunbos", will you fall for them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? (1990 Views)

10 Photos That Will Make You Fall In Love Again / Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? / Can You Fall In Love Online/fb With Someone You've Never Met? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by wale4x35(m): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2005
Before you say "yes" to $$, please read the next line below.

My best friend lost his partner to one "Yankie" guy during the last Xmas break. We later found out that this guy is married and living comfortably with his wife in NYC, which leaves this girl with 2 options:
[list]
[li]Become 2nd wife[/li]
[li]Join a dating site for a new guy.[/li]
[/list]

In my own opinion, the so called "tokunbos" are not usually what they promise to be, in fact, most of them are
hit-and-run-back-to-base drivers.
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by prettyH(f): 3:51am On Nov 17, 2005
sorry, dont get u. explain further
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by ocho(f): 1:18am On Nov 18, 2005
okay, what is a tokumbo? explain futher!
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by wale4x35(m): 7:16am On Nov 18, 2005
Nigerians who are overseas.
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by ariztos(m): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2005
it all depends on what side of the equation you're on...
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by ocho(f): 1:40am On Nov 19, 2005
still not making sence.
@wale4x35, hmmmmm, i reserve my comment
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by Blue2(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2006
Tokunbo in nigerian parlance means second hand!
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by funmise(f): 10:40pm On May 13, 2006
Walex4x35 if u had a bitter experince with a tokunbo girl doesnt mean that all nigerian girls oversea are goin 2 end up like dat . In as much dat dey look vry well b4 dey leap. So dont generalise be more specific. (Not tryin 2 b rude)
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by kimba(m): 11:24am On May 14, 2006
Some of us are Original cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by mamaput(f): 12:27pm On May 14, 2006
I never heard of that expression be4.
But I know that many Nigerians don't like Nigerian girls as a girlfriend that have dated a whit man before.
But your question is not clear to me.
Or do you mean you would rather get a home girl and bring her? But when she gets here is she not also a" tokunbos"?
Or will you marry a home girl and keep your wife at home in Nigeria
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by whitelexi(m): 12:59pm On May 14, 2006
I used to think tokunbo meant, born and raised abroad but brought back to father land later, I wont be refered to as a tokunbo oh, i was born and raised at home. grin
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by mamaput(f): 4:58pm On May 14, 2006
is that not an AJE Butter
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ mamaput lmao of course tokunbos grin grin grin grin r sometimes ajebotas,but d razz version of d proper naija ajebotas dey r usually- chauffeurs,janitors,receptionist and messengers from yankee 2 naija 2 showw off dia earned dollar shocked shocked shocked shocked so if u fall 4 a yankee messenger shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, u'll have ursef 2 blame.
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by ayettymama(f): 2:29pm On Jan 27, 2010
its funny

cos once upon a time they only came home 'to marry!'

i guess times have changed!

@ poster

answer is no!

but im sure women back home will just be obsessed with tokunbos
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by topup: 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2010
A woman just has to be smart, 'tokunbo' or not smiley

Even the local guy could have plans to marry another woman, if you work harder to gain insight an wisdom you can apply it to anything, whilst taking the easier route and categorizing guys can lead to stereotypes, misconceptions and lost chances, and still land you in trouble.
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by Freiburger(m): 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
I actually expected this kind of post from a woman and not from a man.
Re: "Tokunbos", will you fall for them? by sexxxxy(f): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2010
smiley smileylol,

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Courtship? / Ogbanje' Love, One Of A Kind. / Help ! ! !.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.