Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Is She Too Young To Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Too Young To Marry? (770 Views)

Advice Pls, Am I Too Young To Get Married / Guys If She Didn't Drink This,then She Is Too Young For You (PHOTO) / How Young Is Too Young To Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She Too Young To Marry? by SlyBen: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2009
I am 29 and my lover will be 21 by November this year. I want to settle down soonest but the only woman in my life I consider to be too young. I have discussed this with her and she said she will be my wife if i want her.

She is a very good girl, she sees me like her big brother, father and lover. I love her so dearly. I dont want to take advantage of her, I just want her to make her choice not just for me to be happy.Sometimes I feel like is she too young and still need sometimes to really discover her her self but i cant wait for too long since am ready.

Please advise me on the best way to go about this. Matured advise pls
Re: Is She Too Young To Marry? by omega25red(m): 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2009
" she sees me like her big brother, father and lover." Gross embarassed

No she is not too young she just has to be sure that she is ready to settle down so that she doesn't turn out to be one of those girls who start feeling like they gave up their lives too early.
Re: Is She Too Young To Marry? by izeek(m): 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2009
look her age wont make any difference.
maturity is not a function of age
she might be well prepared for marriage, and she might prob not be.

i have heard of a 32yr old lady that got married and 2weeks after sepereated for compatibility issues.
just follow ur heart and try to bring her along.
marriage is just a legalization of ur courtship.
Re: Is She Too Young To Marry? by SlyBen: 9:50am On Aug 12, 2009
Thanks mate. She looks older and acts older than her age. I will need to ask her of she is truly ready for such commitment.
Re: Is She Too Young To Marry? by kolaoloye(m): 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2009
Remember to pray over it. God will see you through cheesy
Re: Is She Too Young To Marry? by Ben13: 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2009
21 is not bad.
Re: Is She Too Young To Marry? by hollandis(f): 3:13am On Aug 13, 2009
SlyBen:

. I have discussed this with her and she said she will be my wife if i want her.

so wht advice do you need angry
Re: Is She Too Young To Marry? by MrWaters: 8:06am On Aug 13, 2009
Are u on de run? Sketch ur future while waitin til she's 25
Re: Is She Too Young To Marry? by Emperoh(m): 8:28am On Aug 13, 2009
Poster
@ 22, a very close friend married. @ 21, another neighbour also married off her daughter.
These two cases a re just the one i know are doing well in their marriages and have also gone on to pursue their life dreams
Like someone said above, if she won't feel she has mortgaged her future, sacrificed her adult fun on the alter of marriage, then go ahead and marry her. Age is not a function of maturity and vice versa. You get to see older ladies behaving like 15 year old teenagers.

Be sure your dreams tally, your aspirations and general outlook to life is in consonance with each other.
Above all, go to God in prayer. Age shouldn't be a barrier as she has passed the required adult age by 3 years.

GoodLuck and remember to send us the IV when it finally clicks!! cool cool
Re: Is She Too Young To Marry? by blueteeth: 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2009
Is she still in skool?

Re: Is She Too Young To Marry? by Gentlelady(f): 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2009
She is not too young if she is ready for it. As the much older partner you have to let her know the pros and cons of marrying early. My only advise to you is that you should encourage her and ensure she gets good education/develop her self to be financially indepedent. cool

(1) (Reply)

Im Confussed / Can A Guy Satisfy A Girl With Small Manhood / Does An Expensive Ring Signify Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.