Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron (8355 Views)

We Would Bomb 3rd Mainland Bridge - Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta / Breaking: The Man Behind MEND, Avengers And JNDLF Revealed / Military Confirms Arrest Of Niger Delta Avengers, Masterminds Of Chevron Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by ahaz: 8:25pm On May 06, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
For some time, I decided not to write anything on Nairaland political section, because either the first ten posts is buhari is a dullard or after the first ten sensible posts, it becomes insults and tribal bashing, the days of analytical reasoning on Nairaland seems to be coming to an end.

On Thursday the fifth of March, Vanguard Nigeria reported that an oil platform belonging to chevron Nigeria was blown up by the Niger Delta Avengers, they promised taking the fight to gbamaturu kingdom, if he didn’t apologize via national dailies, as well as cripple Abuja and Lagos.
Did they stop to THINK:I doubt if the thought their actions through, except they had inside collabo with the Chevron workers, who shut down well heads before their operations, did they think of the immediate environmental effect it will have on their communities, that is if that is their community. Do this people know the byproducts of crude, do they know how the underground water system works?

Their DEMANDS might be Met; but it will take longer for their attack on Nature to wear off, that action was wrong and is highly condemnable.
THE EFFECT ON THE ECONOMY: According to a report, 1.5 billion naira will be lost daily. Will it stop the salaries of the President, Ministers, Governors or Senators?. Primary school teachers in Delta state are allegedly being owed 4 months, why do we always make the mistake that hitting public infrastructure always affects top government officials, it only attracts lip service.

THE MISTAKE OF THE FIRST AMNESTY PROGRAMME: America and Israel have a reason why they don’t negotiate with Terrorist. It never brings positive endings. Giving the militants monetary incentives was the worst mistake by the Nigerian government. WHAT ENCOURAGEMENT ARE YOU GIVING A GRADUATE OF THE SAME STATE WHO CHOSE PEN OVER GUN AND ITS STILL JOBLESS, WHEN A YOUTH LOOKS AT MILITANCY AND EDUCATION WHICH BECOMES MORE ATTRACTIVE? Establishment and empowerment should have been the norm.

THE STUPIDITY OF MULTINATIONAL OIL COMPANIES
My conspiracy Theory: An Igbo adage says, it is the rat in the house that shows the rat from outside the way. Whenever there is vandalization on oil installations, repair contracts are won by the indigeenes, who subcontract the jobs to bigger companies who have these oil workers and some politicians as stakeholders. Tenders are raised and different departments prepare budgets expecting kickbacks, the money goes around………
What stops these companies from taking preventive measures instead of reactive measures? Are we being told that in this period of unrestiveness , such an important platform was left unguarded.
Is the Chevron management telling us, they can’t afford long range night vision cameras with gprs capabilities? Are the oil companies letting us know they can’t employ bunker tactics to protect their installations? Abeg make we hear word. A big shame to CHEVRON TOTAL AGIP MOBIL AND SHELL.

BACKWARD AND INEFFICIENT POLICE: I don’t need to say much , other than Nigeria needs to disband its entire police force and contract policing to either Ghana or anybody else, they are just useless, lack digital footprint, moral bankrupt, embodiment of cluelessness and laziness, and I hope I added useless.

SO CALLED NIGER DELTA YOUTHS: Some of the Niger delta youths and IPOB members are always happy with this sort of news, my advice; see a psychiatrist. Asari, Tompolo, Ateke are millionaires today, you are busy wearing low waist and playing SCORO (Street cult). Your lands are being destroyed by your kinsmen, oil is losing its value as more nations discover crude. You are hailing them to scare investors away. POSTERITY WILL JUDGE YOU.

Lastly I would rather wish topics does not go beyond two pages and have meaningful contributions , than exceed ten pages and be filled with hate speeches, we need solutions not insults.
THANKS AND GODBLESS
YOURS TRULY PROUDLYNGWA
GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

CC: Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44
Passingshot Omenka Modath Dabullit Tuale4u Jusmudi Dropshot Tonyebacarnister Gbawe Beremx Mizmycoli Cramjones and other reasonable fellows what is the way forward.

http://www.nigerdeltaavengers.com/?m=1
herr lies the grave of we southernas education without wisdom..boy keep your philosophy to yourself we southernas need to be babaric in other to win this demonic war
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by 2sexycom(m): 9:07pm On May 06, 2016
Tripleclick:
you are very silly... what will they do.. when they are under millitary rule, compromised by fulanis n hausa..Who shared Nigeria wealth among their friends

typical excuse for failure... enjoy your excuse and pass it on to your kids.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by dunkem21(m): 9:26pm On May 06, 2016
Jhappy:
Ok, now I get ur gist! For this to be used against Buhari! U will ve a lot of job convincing us to blame the stupidity of saboteurs on Buhari!

You aint smart trying to push me into blaming Buhari .. Obailala had been telling us repeatedly that Buhari will not suffer it directly as if Yaradua suffered it directly ..

People even forgot where the buck stops ..

Instead of people to advise the FG right to save our common wealth, we are running around blaming the police, oil companies, saboteurs infact everybody except the FG but wont give a single idea of how to tackle this 'scrotum fly' with diplomacy.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Jhappy(f): 9:36pm On May 06, 2016
dunkem21:

You aint smart trying to push me into blaming Buhari .. Obailala had been telling us repeatedly that Buhari will not suffer it directly as if Yaradua suffered it directly ..

People even forgot where the buck stops ..

Instead of people to advise the FG right to save our common wealth, we are running around blaming the police, oil companies, saboteurs infact everybody except the FG but wont give a single idea of how to tackle this 'scrotum fly' with diplomacy.

I will never support the idea of d FG bending her knees for terrorists!Its because of knees bent during Yardua we re in this mess! If Buahri settles this group other group will also want to be settled! The FG shud apply the full force of its military on these terrorists who re to fearful and too cowardly to show its face!

3 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by antispexish(m): 9:36pm On May 06, 2016
Tripleclick:
Go and sit down.. south west has been raping Nigeria Economic and thats why south west states have the highest debt in Nigeria

who mention debt now!
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by dunkem21(m): 9:41pm On May 06, 2016
obailala:

Are you kidding me?... Did a normal human just come up with this kind of comment? shocked undecided

Did you see me or anybody on this forum rejoicing and urging bokoharam to throw more bombs because we felt we were punishing GEJ?... Look man let me tell you something, to whom brain is given, sense is expected. It is a shame that most of you Jonathanians have totally lost it since Jonathan lost that election. Just negodu gutter reasoning? undecided

Beating about the bush as usual .. Did you see me or anybody rejoice about our commonwealth being eroded .. But your argurment is lame in the sense that Buhari will not sleep without light, will not buy fuel @N250 or suffer any resultant effect ..

Advice Buhari Mr. Man and quit beating about the bush, afterall Lai is of the view that the buck stops on my table undecided
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by dunkem21(m): 10:00pm On May 06, 2016
Jhappy:
I will never support the idea of d FG bending her knees for terrorists!Its because of knees bent during Yardua we re in this mess! If Buahri settles this group other group will also want to be settled! The FG shud apply the full force of its military on these terrorists who re to fearful and too cowardly to show its face!

Now you're talking .. How can somebody write this article without advising the FG

The right thing should be full military might but think again my dear .. We are loosing over N1.5b daily and very soon, the long queues will return coupled with darkness ..

My candid advise to the FG is to DIALOGUE with these guys as fast as possible to forestall future crippling attacks ..

NDA is not BH .. The former attacks our COMMONWEALTH!

2 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 06, 2016
Chevron may be a conspirator to the sabotage.

Make no mistake about it western multinational firms are profiting from the mess in our oil sector and it is in their interest to sabotage any attempt to clean up the sector.

Why are we not making them responsible for securing their assets, otherwise what are they really doing, why don't we nationalise their operations and guarantee security ourselves?
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Tripleclick(m): 10:05pm On May 06, 2016
2sexycom:
typical excuse for failure... enjoy your excuse and pass it on to your kids.
yess. you called it failure. . but those who stand against them lost 3 millions of their people
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:06pm On May 06, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
thank God pmb gave them last warning, that any community that allow millitant to sabotage the economy wil be level down, by now i expect the youth in that community to run far from their town, what happen in odi is a child play. no mercy for a stubborn child
Odi? It was a mistake no sitting Nigerian president will never try.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Horus(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsQrYEQJfAM

[size=15pt]IGP Urges Niger Delta Indegenes to use vigilance[/size]
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by ogmask: 10:08pm On May 06, 2016
modath:

This is deliberate sabotage, it is not about pressing home any particular demand, we are hearing the voice of Jacob but it has Esau's hands, feet and whole body all over this..

Nuff said. lipsrsealed

On point. This admin is barely 1yr they have suddenly found their freedom fighter cloaks.

The funny and stupid part is the self inflicted environmental degradation. Here in the Niger delta the actions of blue diesel mongers have turned the environment into a stream of hydrocarbon. Some pple will argue that the IOCs contributed too. True. But we can always get them to do clean up every now and then. Take ogoni for instance, the clean up will take about 25 years of comprehensive remediation to achieve a clean environment according to the International Union for the Conservation of Nature. Ogoni is just one of many who managed to see their case thru coupled with the fact that they gained global appeal after the execution of Ken saro wiwa. How many of the Niger delta communities will be as lucky, especially against the backdrop that some spill are pure act of sabotage.

We know when weapons were brought in befor the last general elections. See know those guiding the water ways on behalf of govt. We still remember how our military was reduced mere errand boys in the Niger delta. We have knowledge of those behind this acts of sabotage. We know the despiradoes whose body crave for power but their hearts couldn't muster the momentum to walk their dangerous ambitions thru.
Now they have resorted to pulling down the roof. but they have forgotten that they love in glass houses.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 06, 2016
OP this type of thread that criticises the West or white man never ever make the front page so do not bother quoting lalasticlala.
I strongly suspect that NL has secretly been sold to white neo-colonialist enemies.

Of course Cheveron is beneficiary of any sabotage in the oil sector, we should be able to reach the right conclusions from this simple truth.
Proudlyngwa:
For some time, I decided not to write anything on Nairaland political section, because either the first ten posts is buhari is a dullard or after the first ten sensible posts, it becomes insults and tribal bashing, the days of analytical reasoning on Nairaland seems to be coming to an end.

On Thursday the fifth of March, Vanguard Nigeria reported that an oil platform belonging to chevron Nigeria was blown up by the Niger Delta Avengers, they promised taking the fight to gbamaturu kingdom, if he didn’t apologize via national dailies, as well as cripple Abuja and Lagos.
Did they stop to THINK:I doubt if the thought their actions through, except they had inside collabo with the Chevron workers, who shut down well heads before their operations, did they think of the immediate environmental effect it will have on their communities, that is if that is their community. Do this people know the byproducts of crude, do they know how the underground water system works?

Their DEMANDS might be Met; but it will take longer for their attack on Nature to wear off, that action was wrong and is highly condemnable.
THE EFFECT ON THE ECONOMY: According to a report, 1.5 billion naira will be lost daily. Will it stop the salaries of the President, Ministers, Governors or Senators?. Primary school teachers in Delta state are allegedly being owed 4 months, why do we always make the mistake that hitting public infrastructure always affects top government officials, it only attracts lip service.

THE MISTAKE OF THE FIRST AMNESTY PROGRAMME: America and Israel have a reason why they don’t negotiate with Terrorist. It never brings positive endings. Giving the militants monetary incentives was the worst mistake by the Nigerian government. WHAT ENCOURAGEMENT ARE YOU GIVING A GRADUATE OF THE SAME STATE WHO CHOSE PEN OVER GUN AND ITS STILL JOBLESS, WHEN A YOUTH LOOKS AT MILITANCY AND EDUCATION WHICH BECOMES MORE ATTRACTIVE? Establishment and empowerment should have been the norm.

My conspiracy Theory: An Igbo adage says, it is the rat in the house that shows the rat from outside the way. Whenever there is vandalization on oil installations, repair contracts are won by the indigeenes, who subcontract the jobs to bigger companies who have these oil workers and some politicians as stakeholders. Tenders are raised and different departments prepare budgets expecting kickbacks, the money goes around………
What stops these companies from taking preventive measures instead of reactive measures? Are we being told that in this period of unrestiveness , such an important platform was left unguarded.
Is the Chevron management telling us, they can’t afford long range night vision cameras with gprs capabilities? Are the oil companies letting us know they can’t employ bunker tactics to protect their installations? Abeg make we hear word. A big shame to CHEVRON TOTAL AGIP MOBIL AND SHELL.

BACKWARD AND INEFFICIENT POLICE: I don’t need to say much , other than Nigeria needs to disband its entire police force and contract policing to either Ghana or anybody else, they are just useless, lack digital footprint, moral bankrupt, embodiment of cluelessness and laziness, and I hope I added useless.

SO CALLED NIGER DELTA YOUTHS: Some of the Niger delta youths and IPOB members are always happy with this sort of news, my advice; see a psychiatrist. Asari, Tompolo, Ateke are millionaires today, you are busy wearing low waist and playing SCORO (Street cult). Your lands are being destroyed by your kinsmen, oil is losing its value as more nations discover crude. You are hailing them to scare investors away. POSTERITY WILL JUDGE YOU.

Lastly I would rather wish topics does not go beyond two pages and have meaningful contributions , than exceed ten pages and be filled with hate speeches, we need solutions not insults.
THANKS AND GODBLESS
YOURS TRULY PROUDLYNGWA

Passingshot Omenka Modath Dabullit Tuale4u Jusmudi Dropshot Tonyebacarnister Gbawe Beremx Mizmycoli Cramjones and other reasonable fellows what is the way forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by masseratti: 10:18pm On May 06, 2016
dunkem21:

Now you're talking .. How can somebody write this article without advising the FG

The right thing should be full military might but think again my dear .. We are loosing over N1.5b daily and very soon, the long queues will return coupled with darkness ..

My candid advise to the FG is to DIALOGUE with these guys as fast as possible to forestall future crippling attacks ..

but look at what the op is saying,we ve dialogued with Mend,avengers came,what if defenders shows up tomorrow are we going to countinue that way?tompolo kill a brigadier general when he was in the creeks now he is a billionaire,Same with other terrorist leaders called militant,if FG unleash a quater of the force on that territory,i bet you wont see any militant in a thousand km radius.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:39pm On May 06, 2016
dunkem21:

Did you read my post at all.
I said instead of monetizing incentives, establishment and empowerment should have been the norm, maybe I should have added enlightenment. Yes the attack our common wealth, they also pollute our environment and terrorise us.
Evil in any form is not right.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Scatterboss(m): 10:39pm On May 06, 2016
Beremx:
My handsome prince, how body?

@op, may amadioha strike anyone who rejoices with the activities of the militants blowing up gas pipelines.

that's my contribution

Been very good dear, its been a while. How's your baby doing? My regards.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:44pm On May 06, 2016
GenBuhari:
Chevron may be a conspirator to the sabotage.

Make no mistake about it western multinational firms are profiting from the mess in our oil sector and it is in their interest to sabotage any attempt to clean up the sector.

Why are we not making them responsible for securing their assets, otherwise what are they really doing, why don't we nationalise their operations and guarantee security ourselves?
Chevron itself might not be involved, but some top players internally should not be ruled out.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:49pm On May 06, 2016
GenBuhari:
OP this type of thread that criticises the West or white man never ever make the front page so do not bother quoting lalasticlala.
I strongly suspect that NL has secretly been sold to white neo-colonialist enemies.

Of course Cheveron is beneficiary of any sabotage in the oil sector, we should be able to reach the right conclusions from this simple truth.

Thanks but he should expect more posts like this from people like me.
Mynd44 doesn't seem to be much active these days.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by ehissi(m): 10:59pm On May 06, 2016
PapaBrowne:
About the environment, let's face it, its been destroyed already by years of degrading exploitation. If the Oil companies, the Federal government and the rest of the country couldn't care less, why would you expect militants tottering Sub Machine Guns to to care. Please be real. If you've ever been in the creeks, you'd know that the worst kind of degradation happens 24hrs non stop and that's Gas flaring.

About the economy, I think we have a leadership that is totally bereft of simple wisdom. Time and time again, it displays daft practices that confound even an illiterate. Any primary school student would know that it was unnecessary at this time of critically low oil prices for the Buhari Govt to attempt to wage an Ego propping macabre with the likes of Tompolo.
Who in his right senses goes on the pages of newspapers to prosecute a militant for corruption.
Buhari's senseless actions are responsible for whatever crippling our economy suffers in the hands of these militants.

ABOUT CHEVRON. You are shameless Mr. So Chevron that pays huge taxes should be responsible for providing security against Militants wielding some of the most sophisticated weaponry available. That's an aberration.

ABOUT AMNESTY. the amnesty program was a huge success by numerous counts. There was peace in the creeks for 7 good years. It success gave Nigeria an extra $30billion in revenue.

My brother your head seems to be very correct.

When you have clearly outlined goals and a vision; it is easy to tell a line of action is counter productive.

Going after Tompolo in that Fashion was not only politically motivated - seeing that the success of the entire amnesty program was largely tied to tompolo - but it technically violated the terms of the amnesty program.

Already, the government had be putting up stories in the news of how militants schooling abroad must suspend their programs and come home then you now add the tompolo issue and you expect peacein the creeks!!

Forget about environmental degradation; for the record there are people who have even offered me crude oil in small vials/bottle for sale. According to them it has medicinal value so leave story!!

Let's us not also forget that contracts to secure pipleines in the south-west awarded to OPC and contracts to secure pipelines in the south-south awarded to the Ex-militants have been stopped.

What alternative arrangement did he put in place?? It is not clear.

The government seems more interested in shoring up cheers from fans and gaining political capital than actually taking/making conscious efforts towards securing/rescuing the nation from further setbacks!!!

Period!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by babyfaceafrica: 11:26pm On May 06, 2016
When heaven falls,it falls on us all....I rest my case!!!
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Pedrop: 11:40pm On May 06, 2016
Beremx:
My handsome prince, how body?

@op, may amadioha strike anyone who rejoices with the activities of the militants blowing up gas pipelines.

that's my contribution

Same way Amadioha will strike all who rejoiced and celebrated boko haram strikes few yrs back.

Owners of the oil want to manage their resources, y don't u leave them and their oil alone ?

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by bskyb(m): 5:34am On May 07, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

When I destroy my land is different from when you destroy my land.
The former is outright stupidity.
Gas flaring can never be compared to oil spillage.

Really?? So you would rather have oil spills than gas flaring.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by bskyb(m): 5:36am On May 07, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

When I destroy my land is different from when you destroy my land.
The former is outright stupidity.
Gas flaring can never be compared to oil spillage.

Really?? Gas flaring is worse than oil spill. Scientists would be dying to hear your reasons
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by gunuvi(m): 5:56am On May 07, 2016
2sexycom:
as you usual, this what you lots will often come up with. Did they tie the hands of Niger Deltans when those oil bloc were being taken? What were your kings, chiefs, local government chairmen and governors doing?

In the end, you will open your mouth and call a Northerner mumu.

THE ISSUE IS BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION SO I CANT LECTURE YOU ON IT
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by vincent10(m): 6:18am On May 07, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

THANKS AND GODBLESS
YOURS TRULY PROUDLYNGWA

You are foool. No insult intended.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by DropShot: 6:23am On May 07, 2016
vincent10:

You are foool. No insult intended.
This is a clear violation of rule 2. Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun, please act swiftly.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by obailala(m): 6:28am On May 07, 2016
dunkem21:

Beating about the bush as usual .. Did you see me or anybody rejoice about our commonwealth being eroded .. But your argurment is lame in the sense that Buhari will not sleep without light, will not buy fuel @N250 or suffer any resultant effect ..

Advice Buhari Mr. Man and quit beating about the bush, afterall Lai is of the view that the buck stops on my table undecided
bla bla bla..... this is how people get themselves on the way of flying bullets not meant for them.

Like I said in my previous post which you mentioned, my statement was referring to some imbeciles on facebook and on this site who were rejoicing over this mess; the last time I checked, I did not mention dunkem21 but you jumped in from God knows where to take the bullet meant for these twerps as if you represent or are one of them. You begin to give the cock and bull response of 'GEJ not being affected personally by bokoharam.' Boy park well!
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Nobody: 6:36am On May 07, 2016
PapaBrowne:
About the environment, let's face it, its been destroyed already by years of degrading exploitation. If the Oil companies, the Federal government and the rest of the country couldn't care less, why would you expect militants tottering Sub Machine Guns to to care. Please be real. If you've ever been in the creeks, you'd know that the worst kind of degradation happens 24hrs non stop and that's Gas flaring.

About the economy, I think we have a leadership that is totally bereft of simple wisdom. Time and time again, it displays daft practices that confound even an illiterate. Any primary school student would know that it was unnecessary at this time of critically low oil prices for the Buhari Govt to attempt to wage an Ego propping macabre with the likes of Tompolo.
Who in his right senses goes on the pages of newspapers to prosecute a militant for corruption.
Buhari's senseless actions are responsible for whatever crippling our economy suffers in the hands of these militants.

ABOUT CHEVRON. You are shameless Mr. So Chevron that pays huge taxes should be responsible for providing security against Militants wielding some of the most sophisticated weaponry available. That's an aberration.

ABOUT AMNESTY. the amnesty program was a huge success by numerous counts. There was peace in the creeks for 7 good years. It success gave Nigeria an extra $30billion in revenue.
I talked about the bolded on a post yesterday and a certain j phillips asked me if I ever had the right to dictate to the FG who to probe and who not to...There is something about governance that many have not still come to know...leadership is about being diplomatic and yet stern...you just took over mantle of leadership and knowing that oil which has been the major source of revenue for our lazy nation is on a free fall ..And the next thing is hunt down the many in the region where this oil is being explored and produced not considering the immediate consequences..The FG chose to shove aside locals and community stakeholders while inviting the military to protect oil installations..who does that...And this is a country where many would never want regionalism which would bring permanent solutions to these incessant issues..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Nobody: 6:40am On May 07, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
I am happy that oil has discovered in Lagos and shall be sold, i hope yoruba will be happy when an illiterate Fulani will openly boast that the oil belong to them. Anything that will bring the old tyrant to his knee is acceptable
the truth is these same issues would surface in lagos...just give it time...you think the issues in the Niger delta just started yesterday...
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Nobody: 6:45am On May 07, 2016
Its unfortunate that the amnesty programme did make some greedy persons millionaires but it did help matters when we had to ramp up our revenue as a nation...

What I clamored for was for resource control...Full time resource control...this is what will end this madness...this madness would be extended to all zones who might explore for oil sometime in the future and discover hydrocarbon...

Without regionalism in a democratic system these issues become innate...
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by raumdeuter: 7:06am On May 07, 2016
Some people are using boko haram as an example

Their Maiduguri they destroyed and ruined is economy is it not theirs.

Let militants to go ahead and destroy their own land

When nyansh spoil finish it becomes the owners palaver

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by sharonbaron(m): 8:05am On May 07, 2016
A word they say is enough for the wise this is the most unique article I have read in nairaland the problem with these militants is that they always reason with their anus. the government dosnt care about their enviroment. blowing up oil installations does not affect their salaries and allowances it is people whose water you polluted whose lands are rendered infertile that will suffer if you want your voices to be heard do what most arab countries did even though they are yet to recover

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Stop Fuel Importation By 2019 – Kachikwu / Live: PDP Holds A Public Discourse On Contemporary Politics & Govt In Nigeria / Okada Ban: 230 Operators, Motorcycles In Police Custody – Lagos CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.