Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron (8354 Views)

We Would Bomb 3rd Mainland Bridge - Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta / Breaking: The Man Behind MEND, Avengers And JNDLF Revealed / Military Confirms Arrest Of Niger Delta Avengers, Masterminds Of Chevron Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by cr7lomo: 4:28pm On May 06, 2016
What u wrote down @op is trash...thats the same solution that different organizations and individuals have offered but it ain't gonna work...the only thing a reasonable country would do is to split...the north and south just can't cohabite...once a southerner is in power the northern commandos will arise , and when a northerner is in power the southern commandos arise...cant we as human beings take this decision once and for all. That's y the white man will always be better than us... Blacks are naturally selfish and controlling

Bosnia, Ukraine, Armenia, Estonia , Uzbekistan, Georgia , Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan , Lithuania , Russia and other countries formed USSR, they split cos they could not leave as one unlike USA that basically have the same mentality and culture...y do black men love the hard way... After all this nonsense, this country will still split in the end , it might even take 50 yrs or more , but a more reasonable generation will do what their selfish senseless forefathers should have done many yrs ago

2 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 06, 2016
Super1Star:
Nice objective and sensible post.

I strongly believe the only way out of this madness is a restructuring of the nation in the following order:

1. Review of the constitution to recognise referendum.

2. Sovereign National Conference

3. Have a referendum to ratify propositions of the SNC, which I hope can propose true federalism or regionalism, with a secession clause of 10-20years notice.

4. Ratification of the new constitution.

5. Implementation of the new structure.

The country will continue to go round in circles until we address the fundamentals and highly germane questions.
Oh so dis fool u even have sense and can think like dis? If d militants bombing d installations wud make u and ur kind realise that d country needs urgent restructuring,the they shud keep it up.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:34pm On May 06, 2016
My wish is for the quick diversification of economy.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by jieta: 4:36pm On May 06, 2016
J
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by wowmenow: 4:42pm On May 06, 2016
That last election was won by violence and threat for war

The Fulani have thought Nigerians if you need anything be violent you will get it

Do you think is local militant that blow this pipeline alone

When buhari was in opposition he was busy supporting criminals to make Jonathan government ungovernable

He is receiving the same treatment now he should learn to liv with it
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by rhukky01: 4:46pm On May 06, 2016
I agree wit u op one amnesty will lead to upspring of several millitant groups...so wat do u suggest d fg shuld hav done instead of d ist amnesty considering th fact that military action did not work..m.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by GambaOsaka: 4:47pm On May 06, 2016
If you are one of those people who find excitement and happiness in hearing bad news about Nigeria,
Its either your brain is under-developed or you are really sick......

To every such persons, may your life be scattered, rubbished, destroyed, truncated, exterminated, cut-short, bastardized and totally eradicated like that of the pipelines that were destroyed.

AMEN.................

Good for nothing people.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by dunkem21(m): 5:17pm On May 06, 2016
Nice One.. I will add my voice when I see the OP's view about the FG..

.. I wish he wrote this beautiful piece Last 2 years cool
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Pidggin(f): 5:24pm On May 06, 2016
The ND people have been ripped off for so long, diplomacy is the way not force, if Buhari thinks he can scare them with military might this is what he will get, unfortunately for him such people do not fear death.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Jhappy(f): 5:27pm On May 06, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
I am happy that oil has discovered in Lagos and shall be sold, i hope yoruba will be happy when an illiterate Fulani will openly boast that the oil belong to them. Anything that will bring the old tyrant to his knee is acceptable
How does this bring Buhari to his knees? Does this stop his salary in any form? Does this stop his kids from schooling abroad? Does this in anyway diminish the support he enjoys in the SW and up north? Jus how does this bring him to is knees?

3 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Beremx(f): 5:30pm On May 06, 2016
Scatterboss:

Good stuff.
My handsome prince, how body?

@op, may amadioha strike anyone who rejoices with the activities of the militants blowing up gas pipelines.

that's my contribution
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by asala1: 5:45pm On May 06, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
I am happy that oil has discovered in Lagos and shall be sold, i hope yoruba will be happy when an illiterate Fulani will openly boast that the oil belong to them. Anything that will bring the old tyrant to his knee is acceptable

That's the mistake Nigerians always make. Tell me what will bring Buhari to his knee? His children are flying first class and schooling in London. Ordinary Nigerians are suffering, people are sleeping in fuel station to get fuel, there is no power at home, no water, roads are bad and you are talking about bring Buhari to his knees. You guys don't just get it!

3 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by 2sexycom(m): 5:46pm On May 06, 2016
gunuvi:
@op, you tried but unfortunately the reality is the opposite. Have you ever asked yourself how many of the oil rigs are owned by niger deltans? The grave injustices against the southerners by the northerners in this country is the major cause of all this negative actions.
lets wait and see how it will play out but we all know its going to be worse
as you usual, this what you lots will often come up with. Did they tie the hands of Niger Deltans when those oil bloc were being taken? What were your kings, chiefs, local government chairmen and governors doing?

In the end, you will open your mouth and call a Northerner mumu.

5 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:51pm On May 06, 2016
la1:

at the bolded...nairaland 06-2011 now appear like the golden years on this forum, access to cheap phones and data ha had a surprisingly negative effect on the quality of intellectual discourse on this forum..when you pay 120k a month for vsat connection you tend to be a bit more measured in your contributions...sorry for deviating @ OP

Remember those days when an hour was 200 and a night was 800.
Toured palm groove onipanu (lag) looking for where to book. Yet connection was really slow.
The technology section especially dish installation ruled Nairaland then.
Cheers
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by pcicero(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2016
Nice submissions op.

I don't understand how sabotaging the nation will add any benefit to anyone's cause.

Before we heap all the blames on the government, let us remember the effects of destroying such vital national assets on electricity generation and government revenue.

I agree with superstar on the need for a sincere SNC.
The concept of nationhood is still alien to Nigerians with the way we react to national issues.

Irrespective of our religious or political leanings, the idea of the nation first is non existent in our clime.

I am not a supporter of the president, but I'm glad the budget has been passed because it will relieve the economy.

I was always thinking that some rants on NL are just infantile/comical and do not necessarily represent their real intentions.
But now I know better. Some people have morbid hatred towards whatever is not their own. It's so sad.

May God help Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:00pm On May 06, 2016
rhukky01:
I agree wit u op one amnesty will lead to upspring of several millitant groups...so wat do u suggest d fg shuld hav done instead of d ist amnesty considering th fact that military action did not work..m.
Massive reorientation, the elders and religious leaders need to step up.
The niger delta political gladiators need to take a deep look at themselves.
A lot is wrong, I will write a topic on that later and give solutions. For now pacifying wrong doera with monetary incentives will only lead to more groups coming out.
Have a lovely evening.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:13pm On May 06, 2016
obailala:
Just like I reminded someone yesterday, no matter how bad things get in this country, the pestilence would never ever get any where close to Buhari or his family. Even if he gets the worst leadership ratings in human history, not a single hair on his body would be touched, he wouldnt feel a single discomfort and he would still enjoy a cult following from his teeming supporters, especially from the north.

So at the end of the day, to those sabotaging national infrastructure and to those praising the people carrying out this sabotage because they think they are punishing Buhari, it wouldnt be too difficult to figure out who the real fools are.

The message above is obviously for someone like you. No foolishness could exceed the foolishness of thinking that crippling Nigeria's economy would bring Buhari to his knees. The man is an old man who has lived out his life. No matter how bad things get in the nation, neither Buhari nor any member of his family would be affected and he can never be brought to his knees. On the contrary, it is the saboteurs, their families, the supporters of the saboteurs (like yourself) and their families and the general mass of ordinary Nigerians that would be brought to their knees. This common sense is certainly not common.
The old tyrant should have used diplomacy and persuasion, just like what Yaradua did, and not going around waking some sleeping mad dogs.
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by obailala(m): 6:20pm On May 06, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
The old tyrant should have used diplomacy and persuasion, just like what Yaradua did, and not going around waking some sleeping mad dogs.
The point I was making was in reference to some twerps who have been ecstatic over this news all day because they believe Buhari is being punished. The question is, will Buhari or his ministers suffer the total blackout? NO.... Will Buhari and his cabinet suffer the heat? NO... will they stand on queues for days to buy fuel at N250/litre? NO... When the economy of the nation is run aground, would it in anyway affect the elite that make up Buhari's government? NO. In fact the already rich elite would receive juicy contracts to repair the damaged pipelines, and the rich will keep getting richer. Yet the people who suffer these with their families are rejoicing. And someone tells me the black man really has brains?

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:24pm On May 06, 2016
7lives:

When some fools claimed to own 95% of Lagos, did Lagosian set Lagos ablaze? when will you people grow up? Tongeji island crude oil in Ipokia LG of Ogun state is also loading as i'm typing this.
Akwa Ibom is also an oil producing state why are their folks not involved in these madness, more and more oil will be discovered and it will gradually loose its value, so my advice to Ijaws is to start getting their priorities right before its too late or else, sorry will eventually be their case.
Buhari inherited a better country compared to what Yaradua inherited, while in God's wisdom Yaradua decided to negotiate with Niger Delta militants against all odds and the result was phenomenal. Buhari came and labelled the region that feed the nation 5%. What are the result now?
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 06, 2016
wristbangle:
There is nothing that can be done to change the ideology of these avengers since they find it joyful to cause environmental degradation and havoc on the economy thinking it's their oil.

Thank God oil extraction has began in lagos, even though it may not be enough to go round, by 2018 when full refining of petroleum products kick off and oil companies are no longer interested in their creeks coupled with no monetary support/incentives from government. Perhaps some senses will come to their head.

Op, excellent piece. Very diplomatic and thorough write up.

parasite

long live

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Jesusloveyou: 6:34pm On May 06, 2016
[quote author=PapaBrowne post=45367994]About the environment, let's face it, its been destroyed already by years of degrading exploitation. If the Oil companies, the Federal government and the rest of the country couldn't care less, why would you expect militants tottering Sub Machine Guns to to care. Please be real. If you've ever been in the creeks, you'd know that the worst kind of degradation happens 24hrs non stop and that's Gas flaring.
this is just a confirmation that u are not really having t
https://www.nairaland.com/politics
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by antispexish(m): 6:40pm On May 06, 2016
cr7lomo:
What u wrote down @op is trash...thats the same solution that different organizations and individuals have offered but it ain't gonna work...the only thing a reasonable country would do is to split...the north and south just can't cohabite...once a southerner is in power the northern commandos will arise , and when a northerner is in power the southern commandos arise...cant we as human beings take this decision once and for all. That's y the white man will always be better than us... Blacks are naturally selfish and controlling

Bosnia, Ukraine, Armenia, Estonia , Uzbekistan, Georgia , Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan , Lithuania , Russia and other countries formed USSR, they split cos they could not leave as one unlike USA that basically have the same mentality and culture...y do black men love the hard way... After all this nonsense, this country will still split in the end , it might even take 50 yrs or more , but a more reasonable generation will do what their selfish senseless forefathers should have done many yrs ago

I dnt see the southwest destroying their infrastructure because they want power, yet they are black people!
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Super1Star: 6:55pm On May 06, 2016
tooco:
Oh so dis fool u even have sense and can think like dis? If d militants bombing d installations wud make u and ur kind realise that d country needs urgent restructuring,the they shud keep it up.

This simpleton is still alive?

Unfortunately you are still yet to upgrade your pentium 1 brain.

3 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Jesusloveyou: 7:04pm On May 06, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
thank God pmb gave them last warning, that any community that allow millitant to sabotage the economy wil be level down, by now i expect the youth in that community to run far from their town, what happen in odi is a child play. no mercy for a stubborn child
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by dunkem21(m): 7:24pm On May 06, 2016
obailala:
The point I was making was in reference to some twerps who have been ecstatic over this news all day because they believe Buhari is being punished. The question is, will Buhari or his ministers suffer the total blackout? NO.... Will Buhari and his cabinet suffer the heat? NO... will they stand on queues for days to buy fuel at N250/litre? NO... When the economy of the nation is run aground, would it in anyway affect the elite that make up Buhari's government? NO. In fact the already rich elite would receive juicy contracts to repair the damaged pipelines, and the rich will keep getting richer. Yet the people who suffer these with their families are rejoicing. And someone tells me the black man really has brains?

Oga, stop this yarns.. GEJ never suffered BH attack personally yet it was used against him..

I want all of you here to show us your post condemning BH or STFU..

HYPOCRITES!
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Jhappy(f): 7:33pm On May 06, 2016
dunkem21:

Oga, stop this yarns.. GEJ never suffered BH attack personally yet it was used against him..

HYPOCRITES!
Ok, now I get ur gist! For this to be used against Buhari! U will ve a lot of job convincing us to blame the stupidity of saboteurs on Buhari!

4 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by obailala(m): 7:36pm On May 06, 2016
dunkem21:

HYPOCRITES!
Are you kidding me?... Did a normal human just come up with this kind of comment? shocked undecided

Did you see me or anybody on this forum rejoicing and urging bokoharam to throw more bombs because we felt we were punishing GEJ?... Look man let me tell you something, to whom brain is given, sense is expected. It is a shame that most of you Jonathanians have totally lost it since Jonathan lost that election. Just negodu gutter reasoning? undecided

10 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Jhappy(f): 7:39pm On May 06, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
Buhari inherited a better country compared to what Yaradua inherited, while in God's wisdom Yaradua decided to negotiate with Niger Delta militants against all odds and the result was phenomenal. Buhari came and labelled the region that feed the nation 5%. What are the result now?
He was only refering to SE and not SS! The SE does not feed d nation! Ibos shud stop trying to pit the SS against the Presidency!

5 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 06, 2016
Op dat pipeline also supplies majority of gas to power generating installations. That means no electricity and we start blaming govt. again. O God of Vengeance fight for Nigeria, all those that think Nigeria will fail will be disgraced big time
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Tripleclick(m): 8:09pm On May 06, 2016
2sexycom:
as you usual, this what you lots will often come up with. Did they tie the hands of Niger Deltans when those oil bloc were being taken? What were your kings, chiefs, local government chairmen and governors doing?

In the end, you will open your mouth and call a Northerner mumu.

you are very silly... what will they do.. when they are under millitary rule, compromised by fulanis n hausa..Who shared Nigeria wealth among their friends
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by laitsy: 8:10pm On May 06, 2016
;-( B-) :-x
Re: The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron by Tripleclick(m): 8:12pm On May 06, 2016
antispexish:

I dnt see the southwest destroying their infrastructure because they want power, yet they are black people!
Go and sit down.. south west has been raping Nigeria Economic and thats why south west states have the highest debt in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Stop Fuel Importation By 2019 – Kachikwu / President Buhari Welcomes Ramadan Fasting, Asks Muslims To Feed The Poor / Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.