Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,007 members, 7,849,065 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:08 PM

North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage (4616 Views)

Aso Rock Cabal, Saraki Begin Sabotage Of Osinbajo As PMB's Sickness Deepens - SR / Throwback Photos Of Buhari With Serving Corpers At His Daura Home Many Years Ago / Okonjo Iweala’s Village Groans After 7 Years Without Electricity Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by masseratti: 12:26am On May 07, 2016
tuale4u:
We must not 4get the whole Nigeria once depend on Northern Nigeria for electricity. Before the installation of gas turbines in Nigeria, the whole country from south to north depend on Kanji dam for electricity for so many years. We didnt hear of sabotage of d dam.

Yes i know we niger deltan want resource control. But what dis millitants are doing is crime and not emancipation. They are evil and are against the progress of Niger delta people.

Niger Delta Avengers does not represent the interest of Niger Delta. The shallowness of Niger Delta Avengers is becoming alarming. The truth is dat the average Niger Deltan in d street dont neccessary support sabotage. And this so called millitant does not have the interest of Niger Delta people at heart.

They are just greedy bunch of selfish people who does not care about the overall interest of Niger Delta people.

South South states are loosing billions to lagos because of all this stupidity of a selected few among my people. Almost all d big oil companies have thier headquarter in lagos. Thus our states is losing cooperate tax to lagos.

Many ships dont agree to use warri and portharcourt sea port because of these saboteurs. This is because of high level kidnapping and sea pirates in d region. Most of the ships comming to Nigeria find it difficult to get insurance cover once thier destination is warri or portharcourt. This have futher slow the economy of Niger delta.

it is time our elders, traditional rulers come out bold to condemn d actions of this few saboteurs. i see no wisdom in sabotage and destruction of our ecosystem. We are being myopic, in another 40years when d oil production bcome very low, our people will suffer starvation. We are busy spilling oil on our land by ourselves. what a self destruction!!!
oga please dont say what you dont know,the North never,i repeat never supplied power to the whole country,try and read before you put up topic in a public fora.

4 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by addictiv(m): 12:55am On May 07, 2016
Nice speech but like someone said....go to the creeks and deliver your speech. Your message ll be more effective. Nls re not the ones blowing up pipelines.

2 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Scatterboss(m): 12:57am On May 07, 2016
tuale4u:

I am a christian. 100% south south and Niger Deltan. The fact that i dont support myopic stupidity of some of my greedy people does not mean i belong to somewhere else.

please stop all dis your you are not from south south gibberish once a niger deltan refuse to share ur myopic foolish view about d way forward for Niger Delta.

Prof Itse sagay dont agree with you? are u more south south than him?

That person is not from SS but an Ibo man.

1 Like

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 2:41am On May 07, 2016
Scatterboss:

That person is not from SS but an Ibo man.

yeah . IPOB tout

1 Like

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by coolscott(m): 3:28am On May 07, 2016
tuale4u:
We must not 4get the whole Nigeria once depend on Northern Nigeria for electricity. Before the installation of gas turbines in Nigeria, the whole country from south to north depend on Kanji dam for electricity for so many years. We didnt hear of sabotage of d dam.

Yes i know we niger deltan want resource control. But what dis millitants are doing is crime and not emancipation. They are evil and are against the progress of Niger delta people.

Niger Delta Avengers does not represent the interest of Niger Delta. The shallowness of Niger Delta Avengers is becoming alarming. The truth is dat the average Niger Deltan in d street dont neccessary support sabotage. And this so called millitant does not have the interest of Niger Delta people at heart.

They are just greedy bunch of selfish people who does not care about the overall interest of Niger Delta people.

South South states are loosing billions to lagos because of all this stupidity of a selected few among my people. Almost all d big oil companies have thier headquarter in lagos. Thus our states is losing cooperate tax to lagos.

Many ships dont agree to use warri and portharcourt sea port because of these saboteurs. This is because of high level kidnapping and sea pirates in d region. Most of the ships comming to Nigeria find it difficult to get insurance cover once thier destination is warri or portharcourt. This have futher slow the economy of Niger delta.

it is time our elders, traditional rulers come out bold to condemn d actions of this few saboteurs. i see no wisdom in sabotage and destruction of our ecosystem. We are being myopic, in another 40years when d oil production bcome very low, our people will suffer starvation. We are busy spilling oil on our land by ourselves. what a self destruction!!!
[size=13pt]What they are doing is bad but it seems to me all because the leader at the top has communicated inadvertently to the nation that he does not know how to steer the nation.
He seems to be doing this by action and inaction.
[/size]
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Trunaijian: 5:02am On May 07, 2016
OP I must say you have highlighted very valid points. unfortunately many people will not agree with you because of ethnic affiliations and narrow mindedness. It is the situation we find ourselves where every issue is either politicized or ethnicized. We are not united. We only feign unity when there are interests or gains.

My only prayer is that God should not allow such narrow-minded people attain positions of leadership CUs they will only steer our Nation to anarchy and oblivion.

Keep the spirit.

Selah!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 6:12am On May 07, 2016
if you observe very well the people clamoring for one Nigeria are there Northerners and Westerners who own oil blocks,especially the northerners, they are the ones sabotaging the development of the Niger Delta, let this country divide,the north will be the first to say nay,followed by the west
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Mustack: 6:47am On May 07, 2016
well said.... kudus
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 7:26am On May 07, 2016
Trunaijian:
OP I must say you have highlighted very valid points. unfortunately many people will not agree with you because of ethnic affiliations and narrow mindedness. It is the situation we find ourselves where every issue is either politicized or ethnicized. We are not united. We only feign unity when there are interests or gains.

My only prayer is that God should not allow such narrow-minded people attain positions of leadership CUs they will only steer our Nation to anarchy and oblivion.

Keep the spirit.

Selah!

The truth remain d truth. Some of us have chosen to look beyond tribalism to speak d truth.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Kirigidi(m): 7:38am On May 07, 2016
ArodeTsolaye:
this musleem aboki they call himself SS. lwkmd

grin grin grin
U ar an enemy of our region wu do not wish our oil-rich land well! because u ar not frm d Niger-Delta, u don't care if our region nd its pipo continue to suffer frm envtal pollution nd insecurity caused by d senseless nd selfish activities of dese few disgrunted criminals callin demselvs militants. Dese self-styled militants ar also d same pirates wu daily terrorize dia fellow Niger-Deltans particulrly mkt women, rapin nd robbin dem of money nd belongings along d waterways. I advice u stay clear frm Niger-Delta matters. NDA ar only fightin for dia personal interests. They do not represnt our region, period!
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by chiefobdk(m): 7:52am On May 07, 2016
somebody lied.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 7:55am On May 07, 2016
Pidggin:

SS people don complain to you before? If the oil was located in the North, we know what would have happened by now, NLs are not the ones blowing pipelines, go to the creeks and deliver your speech

I agree that if the oil was located in d North, South West or South East there will no be Nigeria by now. I know dat for a fact. But God in his wisdom decided to place d oil among the minority south south. If not the top three tribe Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba would have trample on us mercillessly . Yes I know dat.

But what we have today is d reality. Most of The oil and gas is in our land. Oil is not limitless. it is a non renewable resources. Which means it will finish. The question is how will our children survive in Niger Delta when d oil finish? Which land will they depend on? Is it d land further polluted by dis greedy idiots called millitants? It is time we in d Niger Delta start making strategic agitation.

it is time we agitate for a trust fund for the future of Niger Delta. Niger Delta After Oil Trust Fund. This are d kind of tins we can protest peacefully for. Not blowing pipelines and further increase our woes.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 8:25am On May 07, 2016
chiefobdk:

dude its quite easy to know you 're not from south south.

all the argument you used is same argument the Hausa fulani and thr South West side kick use to fool around online...

same line always.

no imagination

What is d electronic mark of someone from south south?
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Ejanla07: 8:52am On May 07, 2016
tuale4u:

Kanji Dam was build in 1968 and it was supplying 800MW. The oldest Gas turbine build in Nigeria was Ughelli power station build in 1966 to supply 72MW. Before the year 2000, more than 50% of power source in Nigeria were from the North. Mainly from kanji and Jebba. During this period there were various gas plants which were not fully operational.

I am from south south. And i am complaining.

I agree that if most of the oil was located in d North, South West or South East there will be no Nigeria by now. I know dat for a fact. But God in his wisdom decided to place d oil among the minority south south. If not the top three tribe Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba would have trample on us mercillessly . Yes I know dat.

But what we have today is d reality. Most of The oil and gas is in our land. For about 50 years now, our oil have been feeding Nigeria. But we must know that Oil is not limitless. it is a non renewable resources. Which means it will finish. The question is how will our children survive in Niger Delta when d oil finish? Which land will they depend on? Is it d land further polluted by dis greedy idiots called millitants? It is time we in d Niger Delta start making strategic agitation.

it is time we agitate for a trust fund for the future of Niger Delta. Niger Delta After Oil Trust Fund. This are d kind of tins we can protest peacefully for. Not blowing pipelines and further increasing our woes. Agitating for pipeline contrats, kick back will not do good to our people. Our agitation must be strategic and development oriented. Not myopic agitation just to fill d picket of criminal few today. That will not help my people in anyway.

funny yoruba

1 Like

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 11:33am On May 07, 2016
Kirigidi:
U ar an enemy of our region wu do not wish our oil-rich land well! because u ar not frm d Niger-Delta, u don't care if our region nd its pipo continue to suffer frm envtal pollution nd insecurity caused by d senseless nd selfish activities of dese few disgrunted criminals callin demselvs militants. Dese self-styled militants ar also d same pirates wu daily terrorize dia fellow Niger-Deltans particulrly mkt women, rapin nd robbin dem of money nd belongings along d waterways. I advice u stay clear frm Niger-Delta matters. NDA ar only fightin for dia personal interests. They do not represnt our region, period!

Dont mind some of these IPOB taut. They are not Niger Deltans. So they dont know how we suffer from d action of millitants.

They think it is all Niger Delta son and daughters that are short sighted.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 11:46am On May 07, 2016
ArodeTsolaye:

Your interest is SS but 99% of your posts are pro-fulani zombie narratives. You even hailed the dullard when he called SS, 5%ers.Do you review your past posts at all? Who you dey fool?

My post are Pro APC. Not pro Fulani. APC is a Nigeria party. The Chairman of APC is chief John Oyegun of Edo state. The DG of Buhari campain was Rotimi Amaechi from Rivers State. The Governor of Edo State and IMO state are APC. The DG of NDDC is APC member. Are u saying a Niger Deltan cannot support APC or Buhari? Ayiri an ex millitant d major rival to Tompolo from Itsekiri is APC. So what is ur point? Prof Tom west from rivers state support Buhari, Prof Itse sagay do d same. Are you more Niger deltan than all of them?
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 11:57am On May 07, 2016
chiefobdk:

dude its quite easy to know you 're not from south south.

all the argument you used is same argument the Hausa fulani and thr South West side kick use to fool around online...

same line always.

no imagination

Why not give a counter argument instead.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by wowmenow: 12:38pm On May 07, 2016
tuale4u:

The truth remain d truth. Some of us have chosen to look beyond tribalism to speak d truth.
You are not promoting any truth its only northern agenda you are promoting here.

The truth is the Niger deltans have Learn from buhari that if you want anything be violent

Buhari has to sacrifice 200000 Libes through bokoharam to get in to power through violence and threat

For your information the militants leaders
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by wowmenow: 12:39pm On May 07, 2016
tuale4u:

My post are Pro APC. Not pro Fulani. APC is a Nigeria party. The Chairman of APC is chief John Oyegun of Edo state. The DG of Buhari campain was Rotimi Amaechi from Rivers State. The Governor of Edo State and IMO state are APC. The DG of NDDC is APC member. Are u saying a Niger Deltan cannot support APC or Buhari? Ayiri an ex millitant d major rival to Tompolo from Itsekiri is APC. So what is ur point? Prof Tom west from rivers state support Buhari, Prof Itse sagay do d same. Are you more Niger deltan than all of them?

This guys you mention are sellout and cowards to the Fulani mafias
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 07, 2016
wowmenow:

This guys you mention are sellout and cowards to the Fulani mafias

Are they Niger deltans? Not all Niger deltans are myopic like u with extreme bitterness and tribalism. I dont even think you are from south south. We south south are not extreme bitter people. if u are part of NDDC, u are likely from Abia.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 07, 2016
wowmenow:

You are not promoting any truth its only northern agenda you are promoting here.

The truth is the Niger deltans have Learn from buhari that if you want anything be violent

Buhari has to sacrifice 200000 Libes through bokoharam to get in to power through violence and threat

For your information the militants leaders

The fact that my truth is not sweet in ur ears does not make it a lie.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by wowmenow: 12:46pm On May 07, 2016
tuale4u:

Are they Niger deltans? Not all Niger deltans are myopic like u with extreme bitterness and tribalism. I dont even think you are from south south. We south south are not extreme bitter people. if u are part of NDDC, u are likely from Abia.
We are not bitter but common sense people
If you don't the the recent attack in Niger delta are sponsored by top APC members like tinubu who don't like the way buhari is destroying the country

You are here promoting Fulani agenda APC is imploding
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 07, 2016
wowmenow:

We are not bitter but common sense people
If you don't the the recent attack in Niger delta are sponsored by top APC members like tinubu who don't like the way buhari is destroying the country

You are here promoting Fulani agenda APC is imploding

i support APC agenda.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by addictiv(m): 12:31am On May 08, 2016
First of all people have to understand that Niger delta and SS are not the same find out the states that make up ND and u ll discover it's not jus SS or SE but SW is also represented . A lot of folks here don't really understand that. Secondly we have to look beyond natural resources. People need proper orientation on how this oil thing works. The environmental implications of sabotaging oil Wells and pipelines are terrible. Cos whether we like it or not our children re definitely going to bear the brunt of what's happening now. Technology is improving everyday and countries who used to import are discovering oil and are even venturing into renewables. What becomes of the Niger Delta then? We will have succeeded in rendering our land uninhabitable and economically impaled. Of what use is a land that can't be farmed in, with rivers that can't be fished in and a natural resource that is so cheap because almost every country now has it. I strongly believe that fiscal federalism ll solve a lot of issues in this country with resource control as a priority. Also we should learn to say the truth as it is, not blindly supporting evil because your tribesman is involved.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by DonBobes(m): 4:31am On May 08, 2016
tuale4u:
We must not 4get the whole Nigeria once depend on Northern Nigeria for most of its electricity. Before the installation of gas turbines in Nigeria, the whole country from south to north depend on Kanji dam for electricity for so many years. We didnt hear of sabotage of d dam. Even today, abt 30% of Nigeria power is still from d North. Should Mabila dam in Taraba state be completed say in 2020 with 3000MW, d contribution of nothern Nigeria to power supply will be atleast 50%.

Kanji Dam was build in 1968 and it was supplying 800MW. The oldest Gas turbine build in Nigeria was Ughelli power station build in 1966 to supply 72MW. Before the year 2000, more than 50% of power source in Nigeria were from the North. Mainly from kanji and Jebba. During this period there were various gas plants which were not fully operational.

I agree that if most of the oil was located in d North, South West or South East there will be no Nigeria by now. I know dat for a fact. But God in his wisdom decided to place d oil among the minority south south. If not the top three tribe Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba would have trample on us mercillessly . Yes I know dat.

But what we have today is d reality. Most of The oil and gas is in our land. For about 50 years now, our oil have been feeding Nigeria. But we must know that Oil is not limitless. it is a non renewable resources. Which means it will finish. The question is how will our children survive in Niger Delta when d oil finish? Which land will they depend on? Is it d land further polluted by dis greedy idiots called millitants? It is time we in d Niger Delta start making strategic agitation.

it is time we agitate for a trust fund for the future of Niger Delta. Niger Delta After Oil Trust Fund. This are d kind of tins we can protest peacefully for. Not blowing pipelines and further increasing our woes. Agitating for pipeline contrats, kick back will not do good to our people. Our agitation must be strategic and development oriented. Not myopic agitation just to fill d picket of criminal few today. That will not help my people in anyway.

God bless u, well spoken!
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by WeNigerDelta: 4:52am On May 08, 2016
tuale4u:
We must not 4get the whole Nigeria once depend on Northern Nigeria for most of its electricity. Before the installation of gas turbines in Nigeria, the whole country from south to north depend on Kanji dam for electricity for so many years. We didnt hear of sabotage of d dam. Even today, abt 30% of Nigeria power is still from d North. Should Mabila dam in Taraba state be completed say in 2020 with 3000MW, d contribution of nothern Nigeria to power supply will be atleast 50%.

While I agree with a lot that you have said. I just can't shake the undertone of you pandering to the other regions.....And your piece is also very self contradictory...
You are alerting us to become self conscious of the fact that the oil will soon run out...Is that not part of the reason we are saying enough of the sharing to everybody and their next generation? Is that no more reason why we should fight to control our destiny as soon as possible and build something lasting before the oil finish...Or should we keep sharing it till the end...
Also please please stop trying to blame the environmental degradation on the militants....They have not even caused up to 10% of the spills suffered in the region...So please stop this stereotypical BS people from other regions scream...You should know better...Our waterways wasn't always this rugged, there was a time our people didn't even know the meaning of militancy, we we living in eldorado then? Did they Clem up their out spills? Did they even act like they were doing anything wrong?....Address the root cause...
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by kaziblake(f): 5:54am On May 08, 2016
chikel2000:
Northrners wana start listing their contributions to Nigeria? I guess they r serious about leaving Nigeria with their mumulized fulani herdsmen, well this is good news. They should go with their Yoruba brothers too
I know you guys must call him a notherner.
You are doing yourself if you don't know know
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by freeze001(f): 7:07am On May 08, 2016
The problem with Nigeria today is always going after the superficial without addressing the root causes. There is something called cause and effect. Tuale4u if u truly have the interest of ur people at heart beyond political affiliation, u will be advocating a proper investigation and immediate addressing of issues. Of what use will military action be or even docility of ur people when the underlying problems persist?

Peaceful agitation? Where did that get Ken Saro Wiwa? Especially at the hands of the same fulani military leadership we has then and now again?

No one should take the other for a fool. The APC u support know regional governance and resource control is the answer n permanent cure to all these issues. Let them worktowards that and see rapid development not cosmetic and surface treatment.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by chikel2000(m): 2:55pm On May 08, 2016
kaziblake:
I know you guys must call him a notherner.
You are doing yourself if you don't know know
so wot do I call him hajiya?
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by kaziblake(f): 3:03pm On May 08, 2016
chikel2000:
so wot do I call him hajiya?
Anything you like
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by chikel2000(m): 4:34pm On May 08, 2016
kaziblake:
Anything you like
oya come close hajiya make I cuddle u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos Relocate In Droves Following Quit Notice / How To Correct National I.D Card Mistake / How Buhari Killed My Only Brother – Nkem Owoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.