Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? (38505 Views)

Husband And Wife Celebrate Their 100th And 95th Birthdays Together (Photo) / House Girl Peeps While Husband And Wife Were Having Sex / Big And Bold Husband And Wife Family Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by nizelgirl(f): 9:54am On May 08, 2016
I think it's very necessary for couples to have separate rooms (for privacy sake) but they should not be sleeping separately.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by huthman74(m): 10:00am On May 08, 2016
correctyourself:
Its not good! But some women can push you to separate room mostly when they are bove 55years based on the one I saw and it thought me a lesson not to marry woman that is almost my age mate, mostly the ones that are not educated when they start experiencing changes in their body as result of old age they start suspecting someone is after them including the husband, hmmm, I will not marry such lady, none-educated and close to my age is no for me, my eyes have seen such family.

Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by omonnakoda: 10:43am On May 08, 2016
Perfectdanny:

Accident happens o. Don't forget the definition of Accident. ''untimed and/or unwanted circumstances. Even if the story is fake, can't it happen?
anything can happen,right now on my street one man so is pregnant we are wondering how manage
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by BiafranAmerican: 10:47am On May 08, 2016
einsteino:

I never thought i would chorus this....what you have up there is the power of money! A floor to yourself, wow!

Personally i prefer having seperate rooms with a door in them that opens into the other. I cant stand the way women congest rooms with unnecessary stuffs and i also treasure some me time. The way i see it, it is a matter of choice and what one can afford.
They can mess things up my brother. they never open closets or drawers and close it back. They have make-up boxes yet their make up kits scatter everywhere. women can use over 20 differe t types of moisturiZers, deodorants, scrubs, perfumes, skincare products litter the dressing mirror and when she returns she undresses and keeps the cloths everywhere. i pity the maid sometimes, she cleans and arranges at every hour. Na wa for women, atimes I just tell her to travel abroad and spend months there so i can even flirt small and enjoy my house. that is what has helped me. women spend my money like water and still watch telemundo and tell me that I am not romantic. imagine..after all struggles i come home to do alejandro and Isabella love. I just want to do normal gbam gbam gbam love and lie down. person go come give me massage cream to do romance after an hectic day ? Mbanu!
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 08, 2016
BiafranAmerican:
They can mess things up my brother. they never open closets or drawers and close it back. They have make-up boxes yet their make up kits scatter everywhere. women can use over 20 differe t types of moisturiZers, deodorants, scrubs, perfumes, skincare products litter the dressing mirror and when she returns she undresses and keeps the cloths everywhere. i pity the maid sometimes, she cleans and arranges at every hour. Na wa for women, atimes I just tell her to travel abroad and spend months there so i can even flirt small and enjoy my house. that is what has helped me. women spend my money like water and still watch telemundo and tell me that I am not romantic. imagine..after all struggles i come home to do alejandro and Isabella love. I just want to do normal gbam gbam gbam love and lie down. person go come give me massage cream to do romance after an hectic day ? Mbanu!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by Proudmum(f): 11:18am On May 08, 2016
Sleeping in separate rooms is a NO but there's nothing wrong having separate rooms. : have separate rooms but endeavor to sleep together in same bed
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by Nobody: 11:21am On May 08, 2016
I agree with having separate bedroom 100%! It is a lot better for my head-space.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by belli: 12:28pm On May 08, 2016
Is nt right... it helps in prolongn misunderstanding n temptatn
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by sukkot: 12:49pm On May 08, 2016
Perfectdanny:

Why?
because if you are under 30, the lust and love and infatuation between you should be strong enough to overcome the discomforts and awkwardness of two grown adults sharing the same room and same bed. if you are under 30 with separate rooms that relationship is not very good and strong. however when you are over 30 the whole love and lust has calmed down and then its all about co-existing now so you can prolong the marriage at this juncture by having separate rooms. when the love and lust has calmed down YOU DEFINITELY need separate rooms or you will just be annoying each other if in the same room
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by emmyreb(f): 12:54pm On May 08, 2016
As for me oh, y will we have separate rooms? kojorh o!!! Na same room till death do us apart...... BT will love big bedroom......I tink e is aware of dat coz I love discussing dat wid him
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by kennyjodeci(m): 1:10pm On May 08, 2016
Separate rooms and beds are very ok
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by krisendee(m): 1:12pm On May 08, 2016
You're not married if you live in separate rooms, period. #married
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by Etoo: 2:46pm On May 08, 2016
For me, i wont advocate for that. Seperate room remains the best. Women wahala plenty. She can come to my room if she feels Hot or has a valuable discussion to make. Otherwise, to your tent O' Isreal.
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by RALPHOW(m): 3:02pm On May 08, 2016
Honestly is better to have separate room,
women have a lot of loads and you may be tired and snor
(she will not allow you to sleep, but keeping tapping you to stop snoring).
You may need to put on the room light to work on some documents while she want the light off.
In such situation she has an alternative (her room)
However there should be no restriction of any kind to either rooms
especially when either of you need each others body.
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by Ishilove: 3:02pm On May 08, 2016
sukkot:
because if you are under 30, the lust and love and infatuation between you should be strong enough to overcome the discomforts and awkwardness of two grown adults sharing the same room and same bed. if you are under 30 with separate rooms that relationship is not very good and strong. however when you are over 30 the whole love and lust has calmed down and then its all about co-existing now so you can prolong the marriage at this juncture by having separate rooms. when the love and lust has calmed down YOU DEFINITELY need separate rooms or you will just be annoying each other if in the same room
And those who get married in their 30s?
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by jojothaiv(m): 3:20pm On May 08, 2016
OXCUBA:

FOR YOUR SMALL MIND YOU .....WAN MAKE FRONT PAGE ABI?
CHEERS, HE DON MAKE AM....
BARMAN, SERVE EVERYBODY PEPPER SOUP JARE...

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by sukkot: 3:27pm On May 08, 2016
Ishilove:

And those who get married in their 30s?
well thats a different case. if you marry in your 30s, I will say when you get to your forties is when you start needing separate bedrooms. just give it about 10 years average to share the same room and bed. keep in mind this is a very absurd thing for two adults to be sharing room and bed. like what do kids do when they get to like 17 or so ? they want their own separate rooms. so its natural to want your own space. so we let the infatuation wear out and then its separate bedrooms. with some people it wears out faster, with some ? it wears out longer but we will say an average of 10 years wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by merigold(f): 3:31pm On May 08, 2016
[quote author=Alphaoscar post=45413951]I personally hate been choked in a room and will definitely have a separate room when married.

U should wait a while til u understand wat marriage is 'nd d 2 shal bcom 1 flesh' huh?
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by merigold(f): 3:40pm On May 08, 2016
[quote author=Etoo post=45429635]For me, i wont advocate for that. Seperate room remains the best. Women wahala plenty. She can come to my room if she feels Hot or has a valuable discussion to make. Otherwise, to your tent O' Isreal.

But u re d tent

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by sweetilicious(f): 3:54pm On May 08, 2016
TiffanyJ:
It won't even be healthy for their marriage. Seperate rooms among couples can bring about distrust, secrecy and it reduces their level of intimacy. Its better to share a room and know each other's strong side and weakness rather than live like strangers.
Thank you. I argued this with my friend who wished to have separate room with her husband. That anytime she wants or he needs her, she can go meet him. Sometimes, i ask why do people get married.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by scientistchioma(f): 4:12pm On May 08, 2016
[quote author=Segadem post=45413846][/quote]that's true
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by Ishilove: 4:29pm On May 08, 2016
sukkot:
well thats a different case. if you marry in your 30s, I will say when you get to your forties is when you start needing separate bedrooms. just give it about 10 years average to share the same room and bed. keep in mind this is a very absurd thing for two adults to be sharing room and bed. like what do kids do when they get to like 17 or so ? they want their own separate rooms. so its natural to want your own space. so we let the infatuation wear out and then its separate bedrooms. with some people it wears out faster, with some ? it wears out longer but we will say an average of 10 years wink
Strange analogy but weirdly it makes sense
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by psalmbell: 4:32pm On May 08, 2016
My wife and I are married for couple of years now, staying in a 3-bedroom flat but we sleep on same bed in same room, we pray and play together, our choruses well harmonized on same bed, revelations (both positive and negative) easily/timely tackled when you stay together, separate rooms are meant for men with many wives for rotational deposits, but for just one person that will be transparent...Adam and Eve were together initially but when Adam left, serpent came. My father had a separate room, but I should enjoy my family better my father did though he had more than one. My Bible admonishes that I enjoy the wife of my youth....hence, till death do us part, I shall enjoy the snoring and the cuddling. God bless you.[quote author=merigold post=45431075][/quote]My wife and I are married for couple of years now, staying in a 3-bedroom flat but we sleep on same bed in same room, we pray and play together, our choruses well harmonized on same bed, revelations (both positive and negative) easily/timely tackled when you stay together, separate rooms are meant for men with many wives for rotational deposits, but for just one person that will be transparent...Adam and Eve were together initially but when Adam left, serpent came. My father had a separate room, but I should enjoy my family better my father did though he had more than one. My Bible admonishes that I enjoy the wife of my youth....hence, till death do us part, I shall enjoy the snoring and the cuddling. God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by TiffanyJ(f): 5:52pm On May 08, 2016
johnson232:

but its still the same roof, just seperate room...

why the word stranger?
Couples living in seperate rooms can hide things from each other and I ask myself why they decided to get married. I broke my relationship two years back when he insisted we can never share a room when we are married and I must knock his door before entering. I cnt and will never settle for such marriage.how can I call myself a married woman and still lay in a cold bed at night or start sneaking to my husband's room in the middle of the night? Surely, he must be a stranger
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by Hannysmilez(f): 5:54pm On May 08, 2016
I think its cool. We sleep in the same room,but I have room where all my kaya is stored. Even if we start out in the same room,give me just 2weeks nd he'd run out nd find his square root.
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by Happywoman(f): 6:02pm On May 08, 2016
IMO nooooooo.
Wat if it starts raining at night?
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by TiffanyJ(f): 6:11pm On May 08, 2016
Vveni:

Spoken wisely can I see your face?
Lol? When I can't even see yours?
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by TiffanyJ(f): 6:14pm On May 08, 2016
tbrown90:
hey tiff ur attention is needed at d literature section thanks
I'm here. Anything good for me?
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by TiffanyJ(f): 6:31pm On May 08, 2016
sweetilicious:
Thank you. I argued this with my friend who wished to have separate room with her husband. That anytime she wants or he needs her, she can go meet him. Sometimes, i ask why do people get married.

My sister, you can imagine? What sort of privacy would make me have a seprate room from my husband?
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by samtex2008(m): 6:49pm On May 08, 2016
I think it's not a good idea. But, if you do have a spare room, u shud consider making it a study room with a sofa or couch inside incase you need a quiet moment for yourself or needed to be in a closet for important mission. Having a separate bedroom should be discouraged among couples.
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by cr80vity(m): 6:58pm On May 08, 2016
I dnt see any big deal in it...I told my gal nd she refused...in fact she took it personal...we r stil battling it cuz I wil like d idea of d separate room....***altho I can stil stay in d same room wt her***
Re: Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? by mostyg(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2016
BiafranAmerican:

I hope ur wife is not reading this ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Serpent & Garden Of Eden Inspired Maternity Shoot Got People Talking / Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? / Higher Education And The Female Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.