Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

3 Powerful Steps To Overcome Stubborn Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Powerful Steps To Overcome Stubborn Sin (827 Views)

How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / How To Totally Overcome Spirit Wife & Husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Powerful Steps To Overcome Stubborn Sin by ebenice(m): 8:40am On May 08, 2016
Three Simple Steps For Overcoming Any sin

We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. –Romans 8:37Whoever you are, whatever your struggles and temptations may be, sweet victory is yours for the taking.Right now!All you need do is appreciate, appropriate and act upon what already belongs to you in the person of Jesus Christ. You are guaranteed success in whatever battle you may be fighting, not because you are sufficient for the battle—you are not!—but because there are massively powerful provisions at your fingertips, in Christ.
Here are three simple steps that will release you from the grip of even the most besetting
sin.

*1. Name the sin: the Thing is, Honesty is the precursor to victory.Before God, and in your own conscience, call your sin exactly what it is. Cease all explanationsand excuses. Just get on your knees and confessthat this thing is absolutely opposed to God’s character, that it is hurting others and destroying you. Verbalizing the truth of the matter is vitally necessary. Doing so awakens a deeper sensitivity and places your heart in an honest position before God and before yourself.Moses instructed Israel, “It shall be, when he is guilty in any of these matters, that he shall confess that he has sinned in that thing” (Leviticus 5:5).Confess “that thing,” the specific “thing,” for exactly what it is, without reserve and without any kind of justification.David gave us an example of total transparency before God:I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,’ and You forgave theiniquity of my sin(Psalm 32:5).Stop hiding!Stop lying!Stop explaining!Simply tell the truth.
Re: 3 Powerful Steps To Overcome Stubborn Sin by ebenice(m): 8:42am On May 08, 2016
2. Decide and Act Against the sin: there lies within you a God-given power to choose. It’s a power no force in the universe can prevail against. Satan himself, and all his unholy angels, cannot make a man or woman sin when the will has decided not to.The biblical word for the movement of the will away from sin and toward God is “repentance.” It basically means a deliberate change of mind anddirection.Call it a spiritual 180.The moment you decide against sin and begin to act in a new moral course, new neurological, synaptic pathways immediately begin to form. Your mind actually begins to take on a new shape! Paul says you literally “become renewed in the spirit (the bent or inclination) of your mind” (Ephesians 4:23). As the repentant frame of mind is sustained, a new personhood is formed in the image of Christ. New patterns of thought, feeling and behavior become easier with every passing day. You become naturalized to and at home in character of God.But now comes the most vital factor of all.
Re: 3 Powerful Steps To Overcome Stubborn Sin by ebenice(m): 8:46am On May 08, 2016
.3.. Receive Power Over the sin:

No matter how honestly you confess your sin, and no matter how firmly you decide against your sin, your willpower does not innately posses the quality and kind of power you need to overcome. Of yourself, you are utterly bankrupt of the moral oomph to obtain victory.You can’t “git ‘er done.”Not when it comes to overcoming sin.So where does that leave you?Well, you are in desperate need of a power outside of and above yourself to be poured into the moral fiber of your being. You need a steady inflow of a particular kind of power that is not of human origin. This power is not a mysterious or nebulous thing. It’s not a magical wave of energyor some kind of miraculous act of divine fiat that bypasses your awareness and freewill.Quite simply, the power you need is. . . wait for it.. . the love of God!Paul says:“The love of Christ compels us. . . He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again” (2 Corinthians 5:14-15).That is, the love of Christ is the power that movesus to cease living for ourselves and to begin living for Him. The love of Christ, alone, is of sufficient power to break the strength of sin at its most foundational level, at the level of our naturalinclination to live for self.

(1) (Reply)

Lets Reflect On Carl Marx's Thoughts On Religion / Buhari And Islamic Agenda / Drop Your Sallah Greetings And Pics Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.