Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,162 members, 7,860,162 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9471180 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Theloveth(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dam5reey:

Chai, I don enter same chance, mine was shipped to Nicaragua...
Lmao... Nicawhat? Am happy sha. After like 3 months, phone don land. Dreami Bleep me up big time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Theloveth(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ebubemg:
@Theloveth
See oo
My status has changed too. And you have won the dispute :PThe item has arrived.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hary158: 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
wow it has landed...all thanks to MR NOOBODY... this guy is trusted despite d worried....guess what? I placed order on Friday and here it is on Friday...7days.

welcome Mi max2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
No straight forward fix yet on the mixed up contacts.

But to clarify this, it's not a duplicate contact issue, but mixed up issue.
Google ish,
After messing with my contacts a bit, i found out that it's only applicable to contacts listed under Google in my phone and since the contacts mixed up aren't synced to my Google contacts online yet, i just deleted all contacts on my phone except SIM contacts and few that was originally saved on MI account only. I just synced my contacts back and there they are, few are missing dou bt no more mixed up contacts, at least not yet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
hary158:
wow it has landed...all thanks to MR NOOBODY... this guy is trusted despite d worried....guess what? I placed order on Friday and here it is on Friday...7days.

welcome Mi max2

All thanks for God!!
Thanks for the trust!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by waxxydude: 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thanks to C.B.N Governor himself i got my glass film.

Good thing about this one is it covers the entire front, and it's curved abit at the edges.

Bad thing is its very reflective, when the screen is off it has this reflective appearance like a mirror. I don't like that cause it makes the phone ugly and now the black thick bezels around the screen are now very visible.

This one won't last on my screen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JohnQueen(m): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
I belie you boss
noobody:

It wud land in no time!! Just close ur eyes and open it,it has landed grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tnot(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
My hometown PO called me to collect this two today.
Now waiting for the main package, RedMi Note4x wink cool

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
Everybody deh busy oh how una deh whrre is maami @mizmycoli my oga @gptrch @princetom1 @grandmufti been a while sir

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by earthrealm(m): 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
Olakunlae:

thanks bro... hope Say PO dey work on Saturdays?

yeah 10am to 2pm...especially the central one in ur state
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wheezyoung(m): 6:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
Protein0:
kiss
4 business days (max) to Lagos is still sacrosanct.
price of phone case?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
The powerful CBN Governor noobody has done it again. smiley
Funded my alipocket with a reasonable rate wuuuwuuuu cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anozie09(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
Tuale! to the one and only CBN governor..... Noobody! I got the redmi 4x, screen protector, Xiaomi earpods and a sweet case for a client all in less than 2 weeks. No cause for alarm and no need for hesitation when transacting with the governor. I'm unable to post pictures as my client didn't waste time to come collect the products but so far, everything is close to perfect. Expecting the Redmi Note 4x soon!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
The contact ish on all these phones is not an OS problem, neither is it a brand problem. I have bn able to decode that, whatsapp is the one causing the issue. Reason bn that, when we save contact on our phones, whatsapp also creates a duplicate for that contact initially saved, making it 2 (one on your SIM or phone memory, while the other one is on whatsapp) .

I think this should solve it.
Under contact settings, remove whatsapp contactS as contact as contacts to be seen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
Are you having issues ordering your items on Aliexpress?

Why do you have to wait for 2 months before you order ur phone on Aliexpress as a result of dollar purchase limit on ur account?

Why do you have to order your item on Aliexpress at N375/$?

You can now order your item below N375/$.

To place your order on Aliexpress below N375/$, kindly chat me on whatsapp. The item will be delivered to the PO nearest to your provided address.

If u have trust issues, u don't need to chat me up.

Check my signature for number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
toluwanimi07:
Everybody deh busy oh how una deh whrre is maami @mizmycoli my oga @gptrch @princetom1 @grandmufti been a while sir

Tolu, grin even 2 hours after ur last post will still be, it's been a while cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
Holuwaxheun:
The contact ish on all these phones is not an OS problem, neither is it a brand problem. I have bn able to decode that, whatsapp is the one causing the issue. Reason bn that, when we save contact on our phones, whatsapp also creates a duplicate for that contact initially saved, making it 2 (one on your SIM or phone memory, while the other one is on whatsapp) .

I think this should solve it.
Under contact settings, remove whatsapp contactS as contact as contacts to be seen.

Its not about duplicate contacts, it's about u dialing James on ur phone, but shola showed up, I mean, ur contacts is mixed up and messed up, while whatsapp contact is clean. The ish is with Google contacts, it's the only culprit which have had a success on it to some degree now.
Modified, anyone thinking of backing up all its data to do factory reset and restore back should do this first . Am assuming the person has its contacts saved on Google, right....
Switch off ur data first, delete all ur Google contacts on phone before u make ur backup, if not, ur mixed up contacts can find its way back to ur phone again.

Cc: Gptech, fibonacci2526, rookidmart, GrandMufti, Protein0, emaminaj, noobody, Tobisiano, ubev01, et all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
iheanyi4u:

My sis Redmi pro has the same ish too. No known solution

Have searched through the Web, that problem is as old as the android os itself, yet to see a solution though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dam5reey:

Chai, I don enter same chance, mine was shipped to Nicaragua...

Like seriously? What's happening to this Chinese guys
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
princetom1:

Its not about duplicate contacts, it's about u dialing James on ur phone, but shola showed up, I mean, ur contacts is mixed up and messed up, while whatsapp contact is clean. Thule ish is with Google contacts, it's the only culprit which have had a success on it to some degree now

Yes boss. That is what am trying to explain. What caused it was bcs of whatsapp duplicating the phone contacts on our phones. My phone also does such. What I did was to turn of whatsapp contacts as part of the contact to be seen on my phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kamaye(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
Access Bank increases their monthly spend limit to $1000, hope they will review down their rates also.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
ubev01:

Have searched through the Web, that problem is as old as the android os itself, yet to see a solution though

If the person know ways on his or her phone, d person should delete all Google contacts on phone. Assuming the person has a clean Google contacts online. An ld reinstall same through Gmail sync
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
Holuwaxheun:

Yes boss. That is what am trying to explain. What caused it was bcs of whatsapp duplicating the phone contacts on our phones. My phone also does such. What I did was to turn of whatsapp contacts as part of the contact to be seen on my phone

You don't get, it has nothing to do with duplicate.
Whatsapp contact is clean and not affected at all. Only Google contact and for d record on Xiaomi devices, u can not turn off whatsapp contact not to be displayed, u can either choose one of the different contacts u have instead or choose all contact.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
princetom1:

Its not about duplicate contacts, it's about u dialing James on ur phone, but shola showed up, I mean, ur contacts is mixed up and messed up, while whatsapp contact is clean. Thule ish is with Google contacts, it's the only culprit which have had a success on it to some degree now.
Modified, anyone thinking of backing up all its data to do factory reset and restore back should do this first . Am assuming the person has its contacts saved on Google, right....
Switch off ur data first, delete all ur Google contacts on phone before u make ur backup, if not, ur mixed up contacts can find its way back to ur phone again.

Cc: Gptech, fibonacci2526, rookidmart, GrandMufti, Protein0, emaminaj, noobody, Tobisiano, ubev01, et all

Thank God you ve been able to solve it. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 8:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
princetom1:

If the person know ways on his or her phone, d person should delete all Google contacts on phone. Assuming the person has a clean Google contacts online. An ld reinstall same through Gmail sync

Hmmm, bottom line is, know your phone wela, if any issue arise use the knowledge and tackle am. NOTED BOSS cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2017
Theloveth:

My status has changed too. And you have won the dispute :PThe item has arrived.
yes, once I collect the package I will send the money back to the seller

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
princetom1:

You don't get, it has nothing to do with duplicate.
Whatsapp contact is clean and not affected at all. Only Google contact and for d record on Xiaomi devices, u can not turn off whatsapp contact not to be displayed, u can either choose one of the different contacts u have instead or choose all contact.

Aiit my bosses. I rest my case.

Gptech, protein0, nobody, princetom1
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
toluwanimi07:
Boss, I jus dey 1 corner ooo, how ur own be?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olakunlae: 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
earthrealm:

yeah 10am to 2pm...especially the central one in ur state

thanks... but I'm to go to the closest PO to my address right?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by earthrealm(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
Olakunlae:

thanks... but I'm to go to the closest PO to my address right?

i guess so...mine is different..nearest PO to my address is also the central post office
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RAJrifik(m): 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
Damoxy:

Rajrifik, u are welcomed, this family is best mobile family in Nigeria, Just be free
Welcome once again
I'm loyal sir, but i nor dey see any welcome beer�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
Gptech:

Boss, I jus dey 1 corner ooo, how ur own be?
I deh go preach to all d banks make dem reduce dollar rates

(1) (2) (3) ... (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.