Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9202022 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 7:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
gidieberry:
dnt worry, you seem to misplace my quztn....what i just want to know is that on dt nubia z7 max, if ya phone screen is off or you are at home screen, do get notifications from bbm n whatsapp for new msgs..
i dnt knw where u get ya theory about push notifications, user preferences.....bt guy, it not a secret dt miui( xiaomi skin), emui( huawei skin) n eui (leEco skin), flymeOS to some extent, handles notifications n memory management differently, dia ram management z very aggressive out of d box, so apps most of d time, are killed in the background.....ask folks here, u av to tinker n adjust some thinz

You know you can turn it off on MIUI, but you have to select each app individually..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurez305(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2017
please is it save to put your card details on aliexpress or i should just delete it.... Please advice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
Baroba:

You know you can turn it off on MIUI, but you have to select each app individually..
that exactly z ma point, out of the box experience ram management n memory optimization z very aggressive.....MIUI aint for lazy android users
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by primeson1(m): 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
Taking delivery of my tempered glass and case tomorrow. Note 3 pro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
steevy:
So my phone arrived yesterday and i had some experiences i want to share with you all.
When i ordered my phone i used the OJOTA/OGUDU 100242 Code on my address.

I opened my tracker yesterday to find out my phone has arrived, i tried to go and collect the phone today since i stay around Ogudu and i found out that there is no post office in Ogudu or Ojota even tho Nipost website said that there was one.

I googled the nearest post office and saw a number under ikeja post office, called it and the guy told me to send the tracking so as to check if the phone was posted there.....i did that and later decided to visit the Ikeja post office myself. They told me at ikeja that the parcel was posted to Shomolu.

While there, the guy called back that the parcel was with them at Mushin, that i should send my address so it will be delivered to me and that i have to pay 6500 for delivery......i cut the call and went to Shomolu, met one woman, told her ikeja said my parcel is there, she looked at my address and told me it is not possible that the parcel was there. She didnt even want to check.

Another woman collected my tracking id, checked and told me that the parcel was there but they had moved it to Ketu few minutes ago. That i should go and collect tomorrow. She wrote a code on a paper and handed it to me telling me to go with 500 naira. I told her about the guy and she said that the person doesn't work for them.

You guys should beware of this scammer 08096196617. I later found out his number is registered to all the post offices on the Mainland in Google map. Truecaller identified him as Chybike Global services, Exporting. He is probably a private courier guy but lying to get business is criminal. Beware of Chybike.
Nawaoo. Did you succeed in collecting the phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
Good evening family. I tried funding my alipocket now, but it is not going thru. Below is the error msg I got.

Kindly help me out on this. Please

Nb- this is the first time am funding the alipocket, as I am entirely new to this.

Thank you

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ejim29(m): 9:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
Pls guys wre can I buy new xiaomi Mi note 2 phone to Nigeria, I need ur help guys
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
ejim29:
Pls guys wre can I buy new xiaomi Mi note 2 phone to Nigeria, I need ur help guys
Aliexpress, Gearbest, Banggood, Geekbuying, etc. But just settle for Aliexpress, its quite good.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:18pm On Feb 16, 2017
Holuwaxheun:
Good evening family. I tried funding my alipocket now, but it is not going thru. Below is the error msg I got.

Nb- this is the first time am funding the alipocket, as I am entirely new to this.

Thank you
Keep trying, its normal for mostly new accounts, you might need to upload original copies some of your document like your national ID /International passport/drivers license, to prevent this from happening in the future.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
Holuwaxheun:

Thank you
What bank ATM are you using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ejim29(m): 10:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
Gptech:

Aliexpress, Gearbest, Banggood, Geekbuying, etc. But just settle for Aliexpress, its quite good.
pls put me through on how to buy Things on Aliexpress..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steevy(m): 10:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
Na so i see am oo.

GrandMufti:

Na wa. So it's ketu tomorrow then? Some people just refuse to have conscience
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steevy(m): 10:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nah, tomorrow

Gucciboss:

Nawaoo. Did you succeed in collecting the phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
ejim29:
pls put me through on how to buy Things on Aliexpress..
All you need is a Gtb master card and an Access bank visa card. When your get them, ensure they are registered for international transactions- its done in the banking hall. Then come back here and ask more questions, its very easy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ejim29(m): 11:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
Gptech:

All you need is a Gtb master card and an Access bank visa card. When your get them, ensure they are registered for international transactions- its done in the banking hall. Then come back here and ask more questions, its very easy.
I ve a Gtb master card
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:23pm On Feb 16, 2017
ejim29:
I ve a Gtb master card
Then download the Aliexpress App from playstore, and try funding Alipocket, then we can tell if your card is registered for international transactions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ejim29(m): 11:41pm On Feb 16, 2017
Gptech:

Then download the Aliexpress App from playstore, and try funding Alipocket, then we can tell if your card is registered for international transactions.
OK on it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 12:58am On Feb 17, 2017
GrandMufti have u updated to 8.1.3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 2:16am On Feb 17, 2017
New 5-inch Xiaomi phone passes through TENAA, might be the Redmi 5
16 FEBRUARY 2017
A new Xiaomi smartphone has been spotted at TENAA today. The Chinese regulatory agency has certified it for sale in the country, and this process has resulted in the images you can see below becoming public. A few of the device's specs have been outed too, but less than usual for whatever reason.

According to some speculators in China, this could be the Redmi 5 we're looking at. On the other hand, others expect it to be branded Redmi 4X and sit alongside the recently unveiled Redmi Note 4X in the company's portfolio, with an updated design compared to the Redmi 4 but only slightly improved innards.

Whatever it ends up being called, the handset has a 5-inch touchscreen, dual-SIM functionality, and a 4,000 mAh battery. It's also obvious from the shots that it sports a metal build. It's got quite the rounded corners as well as a distinctive design for the antenna bands and the fingerprint sensor's edge.

Its model number is MAE136, and its dimensions are 139.24 x 69.94 x 8.65 mm. As of yet there are no details about its chipset, cameras, or memory. Hopefully those things will leak out in the coming days and weeks.
Xiaomi.. ... We are watching
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:27am On Feb 17, 2017
rookidmart:

What bank ATM are you using?

Gtb Master card
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toludadon(m): 6:28am On Feb 17, 2017
After making payments for my orders yesterday, I got the screenshot below. Am supposed to just wait or do something?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:30am On Feb 17, 2017
Gptech:

Keep trying, its normal for mostly new accounts, you might need to upload original copies some of your document like your national ID /International passport/drivers license, to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thanks boss. Pls, how will I upload the national ID details?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:27am On Feb 17, 2017
Damoxy:
GrandMufti have u updated to 8.1.3

Nice. All good right?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:47am On Feb 17, 2017
Holuwaxheun:

Thanks boss. Pls, how will I upload the national ID details?
Use a PC to login to Aliexpress, and click on appeal, there you can upload your document.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:49am On Feb 17, 2017
Has anyone in global stable rom updated to miui 8.2?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:59am On Feb 17, 2017
Gptech:
Has anyone in global stable rom updated to miui 8.2?

Update and give us review na wink

This one dey added new features, I hope battery won't suffer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by slamstanlee(m): 8:10am On Feb 17, 2017
Whats the current rate to a dollar on aliexpress /gtbank. Anybody
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:23am On Feb 17, 2017
GrandMufti:

Update and give us review na wink

This one dey added new features, I hope battery won't suffer
Am on developer rom and have been using all the features those in global will be getting for some time now tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toludadon(m): 9:26am On Feb 17, 2017
Pls how do I go about appealing because my order was closed because of security issues? And what do I need for the appeal?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:15am On Feb 17, 2017
Gptech:

Am on developer rom and have been using all the features those in global will be getting for some time now tongue

Redmi 1s still getting updates grin grin that phone no wan die
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 10:39am On Feb 17, 2017
Holuwaxheun:

Gtb Master card
Have you enabled it for internet banking? If yes then try loading small amounts (eg $10) first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.