Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,883 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9282987 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
Spazwik:
Thanks i have collected the Phone...Officially a Banggood Fan..Recieved Shipment 10 days after chinese new year

which phone is that bro, it is a sub 100 usd fone or hw u take pay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daseento(m): 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2017
eraly:

After collecting the VISA card, have you activated/setup the iPin for the card?

If yes, after inputing d iPin on aliexpress, otp should be sent to up registered phone number on ur account with access bank

After inputting my I-pin. What I got was the error message that one time password delivery not available.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spazwik: 3:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
****Not trying to Digress the Group oo grin****

ZTE Nubia Z7 Max....Chinese New Year Promo $99.69

gidieberry:
which phone is that bro, it is a sub 100 usd fone or hw u take pay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 3:41pm On Feb 16, 2017
guys how do I root redmi 3s?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 3:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
Any special tin on dz new MIUI
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
Spazwik:

okay, is push notifications working properly on the phone, i meant are you receiving whatsapp, bbm message in the background or until you open the apps cauz push notifications has always been a huge thin for china oems due to high data cost ova dere
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
daseento:

After inputting my I-pin. What I got was the error message that one time password delivery not available.
In my case, I've a token, and signed up for VbyV (Verified by Visa). Whenever I try to do a transaction on websites such as Aliexpress that supports VbyV verification, I'm requested to input my VbyV password, and then my transaction goes without hitch.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
Gmajor:
guys how do I root redmi 3s?
Is your bootloader unlocked?
If it is you can just flash the superu zip via TWRP (You don't need root to flash TWRP)

Or alternatively if you don't want to unlock your bootloader you can flash Chinese Dev ROM.
it comes prerooted.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
Spazwik:

You got yourself a good phone, the snapdragon 801 with Adreno 330 is a better chip than the 430 in redmi 4a, two years on it ( one plus) and it still flies, just hope ZTE paired it with a well optimized software..

Abeg, how long does it take for shipping to arrive after confirmation?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ejim29(m): 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
pls what is the price of xiaomi mi note 2 now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steevy(m): 5:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
So my phone arrived yesterday and i had some experiences i want to share with you all.
When i ordered my phone i used the OJOTA/OGUDU 100242 Code on my address.

I opened my tracker yesterday to find out my phone has arrived, i tried to go and collect the phone today since i stay around Ogudu and i found out that there is no post office in Ogudu or Ojota even tho Nipost website said that there was one.

I googled the nearest post office and saw a number under ikeja post office, called it and the guy told me to send the tracking so as to check if the phone was posted there.....i did that and later decided to visit the Ikeja post office myself. They told me at ikeja that the parcel was posted to Shomolu.

While there, the guy called back that the parcel was with them at Mushin, that i should send my address so it will be delivered to me and that i have to pay 6500 for delivery......i cut the call and went to Shomolu, met one woman, told her ikeja said my parcel is there, she looked at my address and told me it is not possible that the parcel was there. She didnt even want to check.

Another woman collected my tracking id, checked and told me that the parcel was there but they had moved it to Ketu few minutes ago. That i should go and collect tomorrow. She wrote a code on a paper and handed it to me telling me to go with 500 naira. I told her about the guy and she said that the person doesn't work for them.

You guys should beware of this scammer 08096196617. I later found out his number is registered to all the post offices on the Mainland in Google map. Truecaller identified him as Chybike Global services, Exporting. He is probably a private courier guy but lying to get business is criminal. Beware of Chybike.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2017
I made a comment earlier about where to get xiaomi 3 pro in ibadan and i didnt get a reply from anybody.so i went through the thread and saw that u have to buy it online from aliexpress but i still have a question.
CAN U PAY FOR THE PHONE WITH FCMB NAIRA MASTERCARD OR DO I HAVE TO OPEN A DOLLAR ACCOUNT
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eraly(m): 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
simonjassy:
I made a comment earlier about where to get xiaomi 3 pro in ibadan and i didnt get a reply from anybody.so i went through the thread and saw that u have to buy it online from aliexpress but i still have a question.
CAN U PAY FOR THE PHONE WITH FCMB NAIRA MASTERCARD OR DO I HAVE TO OPEN A DOLLAR ACCOUNT

Aliexpress accept mastercard n visa card. Only mastercard frm gtb (#320/$) and visa card frm access bank (#325/$) ar d cheapest in naija for now.

U can use gtb's dollar mastercard too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
eraly:

Aliexpress accept mastercard n visa card. Only mastercard frm gtb (#320/$) and visa card frm access bank (#325/$) ar d cheapest in naija for now.

U can use gtb's dollar mastercard too

Thanks But Shipping Cost Will Be Within Wat Range Or Can I Get Free Shipping?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
simonjassy:

Buy from dreami store, the ship free; can't speak for the rest..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CellTabRepairs: 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
cool##Check out Image, click my name!## cool

For expertise, YOU CAN'T finish reading this resource from page A-Z and not become an established standard tech-support guru! Service based tech support business remains the easiest, most lucrative venture for an economy in recession! Your CAPITAL IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE & SKILL!

Get(INVEST IN) the 2016 bestselling " Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc. Everybody owns a phone today and that's an inexhaustible demand market. Cheaper rates Now@ all marketplaces!

*****Click My Name, $ee Image**
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
simonjassy:

Xiaomi stores charges ~$7 for shipping.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eraly(m): 6:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
simonjassy:

Depends on d seller. Some products are free shipping while some ar not. Those free shipping aren't free to som extent. They av added it to d main price of d product.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spazwik: 6:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
Push Notifications is User Preference on all Android phones,Not Vendor specific

gidieberry:
okay, is push notifications working properly on the phone, i meant are you receiving whatsapp, bbm message in the background or until you open the apps cauz push notifications has always been a huge thin for china oems due to high data cost ova dere
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spazwik: 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
Took just 10 days,I believe they just gather all the products bought during chinese new year and sent it all

Baroba:

You got yourself a good phone, the snapdragon 801 with Adreno 330 is a better chip than the 430 in redmi 4a, two years on it ( one plus) and it still flies, just hope ZTE paired it with a well optimized software..

Abeg, how long does it take for shipping to arrive after confirmation?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
rookidmart:

Is your bootloader unlocked?
If it is you can just flash the superu zip via TWRP (You don't need root to flash TWRP)

Or alternatively if you don't want to unlock your bootloader you can flash Chinese Dev ROM.
it comes prerooted.
is there no application like kingroot that I can use to root it easily?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 6:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
Spazwik:
Push Notifications is User Preference on all Android phones,Not Vendor specific

dnt worry, you seem to misplace my quztn....what i just want to know is that on dt nubia z7 max, if ya phone screen is off or you are at home screen, do get notifications from bbm n whatsapp for new msgs..
i dnt knw where u get ya theory about push notifications, user preferences.....bt guy, it not a secret dt miui( xiaomi skin), emui( huawei skin) n eui (leEco skin), flymeOS to some extent, handles notifications n memory management differently, dia ram management z very aggressive out of d box, so apps most of d time, are killed in the background.....ask folks here, u av to tinker n adjust some thinz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
Gmajor:

is there no application like kingroot that I can use to root it easily?

Not anymore. It used to be possible on miui 6
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spazwik: 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
Bros No vex ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy,I am getting notifications,but you can try other roms to sha

gidieberry:
dnt worry, you seem to misplace my quztn....what i just want to know is that on dt nubia z7 max, if ya phone screen is off or you are at home screen, do get notifications from bbm n whatsapp for new msgs..
i dnt knw where u get ya theory about push notifications, user preferences.....bt guy, it not a secret dt miui( xiaomi skin), emui( huawei skin) n eui (leEco skin) handles notifications n memory management differently, dia ram management z very aggressive out of d box, so apps most of d time, are killed in the background.....ask folks here, u av to tinker n adjust some thinz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
Spazwik:
Bros No vex ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy,I am getting notifications,but you can try other roms to sha

lols, what u experiencing by receiving notification in d background z push notifications, seems like nubia UI z less aggressive out of d box...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
steevy:
So my phone arrived yesterday and i had some experiences i want to share with you all.
When i ordered my phone i used the OJOTA/OGUDU 100242 Code on my address.

I opened my tracker yesterday to find out my phone has arrived, i tried to go and collect the phone today since i stay around Ogudu and i found out that there is no post office in Ogudu or Ojota even tho Nipost website said that there was one.

I googled the nearest post office and saw a number under ikeja post office, called it and the guy told me to send the tracking so as to check if the phone was posted there.....i did that and later decided to visit the Ikeja post office myself. They told me at ikeja that the parcel was posted to Shomolu.

While there, the guy called back that the parcel was with them at Mushin, that i should send my address so it will be delivered to me and that i have to pay 6500 for delivery......i cut the call and went to Shomolu, met one woman, told her ikeja said my parcel is there, she looked at my address and told me it is not possible that the parcel was there. She didnt even want to check.

Another woman collected my tracking id, checked and told me that the parcel was there but they had moved it to Ketu few minutes ago. That i should go and collect tomorrow. She wrote a code on a paper and handed it to me telling me to go with 500 naira. I told her about the guy and she said that the person doesn't work for them.

You guys should beware of this scammer 08096196617. I later found out his number is registered to all the post offices on the Mainland in Google map. Truecaller identified him as Chybike Global services, Exporting. He is probably a private courier guy but lying to get business is criminal. Beware of Chybike.

Na wa. So it's ketu tomorrow then? Some people just refuse to have conscience
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spazwik: 7:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
The Page for settings Notifications

gidieberry:
lols, what u experiencing by receiving notification in d background z push notifications, seems like nubia UI z less aggressive out of d box...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 7:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
Spazwik:
The Page for settings Notifications

is okay bro....enjoy ya fone well oooo.....it was a steal, d fone don even increase sef.... i hope d ba3 life z fair sa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2017
eraly:

Depends on d seller. Some products are free shipping while some ar not. Those free shipping aren't free to som extent. They av added it to d main price of d product.

thanks but what advantage do i have if i pay for shipping,,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spazwik: 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
The Rate at which them dey steal phone this days dey scare person..Na cos them steal my infinix i enter zte....Battery is Good no doubt

gidieberry:
is okay bro....enjoy ya fone well oooo.....it was a steal, d fone don even increase sef.... i hope d ba3 life z fair sa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
eraly:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eraly(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2017
simonjassy:

thanks but what advantage do i have if i pay for shipping,,

I dnt rili think dia is much advantage per say. Some free shipping arrive early than som paid shipping.

Unless u wanna do DHL shipping sha. grin . The money u pay will get u ur order between 3-5days depending on d price too sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.