Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2965) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9353183 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2962) (2963) (2964) (2965) (2966) (2967) (2968) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ifedith:

OK...I need phone number?

No.

Just download the latest global developer rom for your device and use mi flash to flash it.

Remember to tick wipe all partitions.

Meanwhile, the page to download the fastboot rom is http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

But it's temporarily down for maintenance. Maybe they are adding the MIUI 10 roms
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ifedith:

how would I know if it's relocked?
It's not relocked, just do as told, flash the global developer or Chinese rom via fastboot. Na data go suffer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
fibonacci2526:

When you are flashing, at the bottom of the screen the default option is flash and relock (can't remember properly now), so one needs to manually choose the the unlock option. (Still can't remember the vivid description)
yeah I saw wipe and lock. that was the default wen I flashed. so is it locked. moreover, wen I power on I see unlocked at the bottom, but now no unlock anymore but it still rebooting back to recovery. so
?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
Gptech:

It's not relocked, just do as told, flash the global developer or Chinese rom via fastboot. Na data go suffer.
developer global or Chinese ROM. and if Chinese, won't it be all Chinese screen, how I wan take understand Chinese
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
4llerbuntu:

No.

Just download the latest global developer rom for your device and use mi flash to flash it.

Meanwhile, the page to download the fastboot rom is http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

But it's temporarily down for maintenance. Maybe they are adding the MIUI 10 roms
I need your phone number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ifedith:

how would I know if it's relocked?
To save your data, download twrp for redmi 5plus(Vince). Flash that through fastboot...download recovery ROM and flash on twrp( since recovery file is less than fast boot file)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lol your phone boots and ure scared...lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
adamix:

To save your data, download twrp for redmi 5plus(Vince). Flash that through fastboot...download recovery ROM and flash on twrp( since recovery file is less than fast boot file)
its redmi 5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
adamix:
Lol your phone boots and ure scared...lol
my phone is my biz and source of livelihood...crying....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ifedith:

my phone is my biz and source of livelihood...crying....
Will be back to work in one hour...whatsapp me if you need help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
adamix:
https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomiredmi5.html
I no understand 1 thing for there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by meritinunilag(m): 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ifedith:

I got a vendor ROM. I tried to flash global fastboot with mi flash, but it got me here. so I'm stuck. it tries to boot but returns here. what do I do. jboixx
hehehe who send me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:53pm On Jun 08, 2018
adamix:

Will be back to work in one hour...whatsapp me if you need help
I saw a hard reset tutorial for something like this.... will it work. it simply involves wipe all data....wat do u think
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:55pm On Jun 08, 2018
meritinunilag:
hehehe who send me
I no fit bear the thought of being stuck in 9.2 all my life.... why na?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
adamix:

seconded
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
daamazing:
seconded
I no wan save data sef, I just need my phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ifedith:

Lol fear fear..did resetting work?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
4llerbuntu:

No.

Lol i can assure you they are not adding miui 10 ROMs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dmedalion: 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
cool grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ifedith:

Flash TWRP, download any ROM of your choice and flssh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
adamix:

If I'm right, it wouldn't work. He flashed a wrong ROM that's not for the device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
daamazing:
If I'm right, it wouldn't work. He flashed a wrong ROM that's not for the device

Nope, he apparently flashed the right fastboot rom (global).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
adamix:

for where.....I don die..wat I do...last week stolen phones, this week, bootloop...waris did.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
daamazing:
no sir, na global stable fastboot ROM. did you read my narrative.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
daamazing:
Flash TWRP, download any ROM of your choice and flssh
its like China ROM is the way forward o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Nope, he apparently flashed the right fastboot rom (global).
I'm not sure it's the right one. Check below I'm the SS, it says "this version of MIUI can't be installed on this device".
So it's not the right one and maybe he cleared data before flashing and there's no ROM on it ATM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
daamazing:
I'm not sure it's the right one. Check below I'm the SS, it says "this version of MIUI can't be installed on this device".
So it's not the right one and maybe he cleared data before flashing and there's no ROM on it ATM
oga calm down...na me download am. ...na global stable fastboot for rosy...redmi 5. so chill.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ifedith:

its like China ROM is the way forward o
Follow adamix advice on twrp as you've locked your bootloader already.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinbility: 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2018
abeg who get samsung galaxy note 5 (N920V) nougart stock rom ? I wan update am to nougart
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
jboixxx:

Follow adamix advice on twrp as you've locked your bootloader already.
how I wan take get this twrp?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OOG(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
Harryfrosh:
My greetings to everyone here.
Please can someone kindly recommend a very good power bank of around 20000mah to 30000mah for xiaomi max 2...I've been searching Aliexpress all day....I will really appreciate your response on this.

Anker Powerbanks are available in Nigeria and they are have 18 months warranty. You can search for Anker Nigeria online. Available on Jumia and Konga also.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2962) (2963) (2964) (2965) (2966) (2967) (2968) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.