Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9171352 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

Are you using mtn?
yes boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2017
dustmalik:

force it to stay. Go to your About screen, then keep tapping on internal information or something like that. Choose the SIM, now go down and change the network type to wcdma only.
where will I see about screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
dustmalik:

If you have stable, fast connection, you can update it directly as long as the update app shows there is an update. But alternatively, download the the full rom, rename it to update.zip, put it in your internal root directory, then open the update app, then install the update from the root directory.
the update app shows there is an update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
Kazzonline87:

Lets await tbe story of anoda nairalander with a bricked(hard) phone,

5%,ur laptop output wan pass 1A?
the update is just downloading. What do I do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
where will I see about screen
Scroll down to the bottom of your Settings app screen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 1:39pm On Mar 04, 2017
Kazzonline87:

Since u don start,i wud advise,if u see option to cancel,do it sharp sharo,charge ur battery to 100%,den wen u wan dowload,ensure light or charging source dey,den do it,better safe dan sorry
thanks. I've stopped downloading
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:39pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
yes boss

grin grin It's common with mtn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2017
dustmalik:

Scroll down to the bottom of your Settings app screen.
it's not there, nothing like app screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2017
Kazzonline87:

Gud,wait for nepa or gen,do ur thing,if network dey mess up sef,i advice u buy data just for the update,eti or airtel strong,do ya thing and flex
Na only mtn de here o. It's like zombie land
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 1:42pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
the update app shows there is an update
Sorry, I didn't notice your battery level. It's always advisable to fully charge your device before updating.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2017
Kazzonline87:

Dat option to choose wcdma only is always inside mobile network options for all android phones,nd dat shld av bin d firsr thing u suppose don set sef
Bros I did that na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
open settings, scroll down to the bottom and tap about phone. Alternatively, dial *#*#4636#*#*, now scroll down and choose wcdma only
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:

It's there. Leave your phone to charge fully, then take your time to get used to miui.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
Na only mtn de here o. It's like zombie land
charge your phone and download with a download manager if your netw isnt dt ok. You can always resume if d netw fails at anypoint than using d Updater.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

It's there. Leave your phone to charge fully, then take your time to get used to miui.
thĂ nks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 1:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
jboixxx:

charge your phone and download with a download manager if your netw isnt dt ok. You can always resume if d netw fails at anypoint than using d Updater.
thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurez305(m): 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
please to the gurus in the house, when you are at this point, how many days do i still to wait

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wheezyoung(m): 2:05pm On Mar 04, 2017
Kazzonline87:
E b like i go delete this alixpress app oo,my cart items don enter 200+ so many cheap cool stuffs,thank God for 100dollar limit i for don bankrupt by now
i swear grin grin...i don line up like 7shoes...shirts full everywhere grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2017
nurez305:
please to the gurus in the house, when you are at this point, how many days do i still to wait

10days or more

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2017
Kazzonline87:
E b like i go delete this alixpress app oo,my cart items don enter 200+ so many cheap cool stuffs,thank God for 100dollar limit i for don bankrupt by now
grin
Online shopping is addictive especially when the items are cheap.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2017
EBUBS:
This pouch is still here will me in case anyone is interested.. .going for 2k... Just wanna sell them out
Is it for n3SE?.. I need a stylish pouch for the beast
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
Holla, I got my RN3P SE on Wednesday. It took 19 days, bought from xiaomi online store. Even the TP that was ordered separately using China small packet came the same time.
The camera is somewhere around average, the phone is sleek, the battery is just about OK nothing fantastic (don't know why sha). It's the grey and it came with miui 8.05. It's been OK so far. It's a killer for that price.
The only thing I find strange is the battery drain. Least I forget, the sound is good too, almost like HTC. My shout out goes to two extra terrestrial persons(that's cos it's been a while I saw humans nice and patient like this). Quivah and Fibonacci. They took it up like it was their order, spent their airtime, data and most especially their time. God bless them. And the guys that put in the good wordS and encouragement, God bless you all. Thanks a lot guys for the dedication.

You Need to update the firmware before you can say anything about how it runs or the battery life.

Battery life is SUPER.

I've been on max brightness tweeting for 1 hr 10 mins and battery is at 90%.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2017
4llerbuntu:

You Need to update the firmware before you can say anything about how it runs or the battery life.

Battery life is SUPER.

I think your phone / rom is different from his

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2017
processrxtn:

Call me on zero eight zero six five nine nine zero six four six.

I will buy your $70. Instant funding
hummmm! you don't 'buy' , you use it to make an order on aliexpress and you pay me the equivalent in naira. but on the other hand
@gptech, I still tried this morning before the coupon finally expired around 11am..and I still got the same error message. I checked my appeal progress and its still 'being verified'

@Kazzonline87 since when I submitted my appeal both on the site and via mail, I have contacted more than 4 customer care agents to help me speed it up,which of course they said they would.. but still same issue. I appealed with my card and with one other card. undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Battery life is SUPER.

RN3 SE? Permanently on LTE?

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.