Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9200384 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
fibonacci2526:

But why didn't you go through the OTA route?
it's through OTA o, that's the downloaded file. Just yet to update it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
someone here said it wasn't complete that's why. I de fear to brick my phone o

If the update is not complete, it won't start updating. It verifies the ROM before starting update.

Do this thing or leave the issue abeg. So much ado over update

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by write2obi(m): 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2017
Protein0:
nillkin case for xiaomi mi max for sale. interested fellows should quote me. thanks
Location?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
it's through OTA o, that's the downloaded file. Just yet to update it
That isn't OTA route; OTA is by using the Updater app To update without downloading d file.
If you have a good network, use the Updater App, else, stick to downloading it separately. What's d size of the file as indicated before downloading? A major update will be over 1GB.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vickfrankjnr: 7:55pm On Mar 04, 2017
Please how do I get a replacement battery for my redmi note 2 prime. Mine got swelled up for reason I don't understand. Pls recommends an alternative that can match it, will be greatful
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2017
dustmalik:

Oh, I see. Send them a mail telling them that you have things to purchase as soon as possible, and that their sluggishness in accepting your appeal is costing you money. In other words, make sure to sound firm and convincing.
I didn't send them a mail but I ensured I chatted with their customer care agents every day and night, letting them my situation and urgency... Nothing happened.I have tried all I could, I lost my aliexpress coupon and I can only wait till Monday to know how far thanks.. Might send them the mail tho
@princetom1 a valid ID card, the card/s used to make the payments and recent bank statements
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
I'm done updating and reseting. New look tho. What's next? I hope this settles the battery drain.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
I'm done updating and reseting. New look tho. What's next? I hope this settles the battery drain.

Unfortunately it won't grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:

Have a look at this

rookidmart:

1. For everyone that experiences apps not working in the background, or to keep apps in memory,
Do the following:
Enable Developer Options Settings App > About Phone > MIUI Version > Keep on tapping till it is enabled.
Battery Settings
• Settings App > Additional Settings > Battery & Performance > Manage Apps Battery Usage > Power Saving Modes
Off : All background data & location access of apps will be enabled, All app notifications, less battery life.

Memory Settings
Settings App > Additional Settings > Developer Options
• Don't Keep Activities : Disabled
• Background Process Limit : Standard Limit
• Memory Optimization : Disabled
• Show All ANRs : Disabled
• Force-Closed Apps : Disabled
• Turn On MIUI Optimization : Disabled

Security App Settings
• Security App > Settings > Cleaner Settings > Permissions > Permission Manager : Enabled
• Security App > Settings > Clean at lock screen : Never
• Security App > Settings > Cleaner Settings > Additional Settings > Memory Clean Up : Disabled
• Security App > Permissions > Autostart : Disable unnecessary apps

Lock Apps In Memory
You can lock your desired / most frequently used apps in the memory. Open your app, let the app get launched fully. Now open the recent apps menu. Instead of swiping up to close the app, swipe down the app icon or screen. A lock icon will be displayed on the top right corner of the app icon or screen. This locks the app into the memory & wont get force killed in the background.

2. To fix the blinking problem just turn off auto brightness

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

Unfortunately it won't grin
haha. What can I get to do about the battery drain
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 9:26pm On Mar 04, 2017
I guess the update didn't solve it. I just noticed a reduction in 1% in less than two minutes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
I guess the update didn't solve it. I just noticed a reduction in 1% in less than two minutes
I expect you to update us about the battery drain.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
vickfrankjnr:
Please how do I get a replacement battery for my redmi note 2 prime. Mine got swelled up for reason I don't understand. Pls recommends an alternative that can match it, will be greatful
This https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32520289026.html

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 10:42pm On Mar 04, 2017
Gptech:

I expect you to update us about the battery drain.
about 35mins on 3g barely doing anything online, WhatsApp was installing backup then. About 15mins of calls. After all of these within 35mins it dropped to 88%
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 10:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

Have a look at this

how come I can't see battery and performance under additional settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
about 35mins on 3g barely doing anything online, WhatsApp was installing backup then. About 15mins of calls. After all of these within 35mins it dropped to 88%
Ok, that's not cool at all but its possible to get improvements with time.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
i think dts normal as i experienced same wit my former rmn3pro. Despite dt, it sustained me for 2 days (5am-12am, then 5am-8/10pm) using Twitter, WhatsApp, Surfing, 1-2hrs of Hotspot sharing.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
how come I can't see battery and performance under additional settings
They are under settings, not additional settings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2017
cry what else can be the cause
Gptech:

Ok, that's not cool at all but its possible to get improvements with time.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
Don't worry, use it like that, its possible it will become stable with time, hope you don't experience overheating?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
netw stability
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2017
Gptech:

Don't worry, use it like that, its possible it will become stable with time, hope you don't experience overheating?
not really. It just gets warm. How long was the battery suppose to last
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 11:16pm On Mar 04, 2017
My screen brightness was just somewhere around average
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
Stormyweather:
not really. It just gets warm. How long was the battery suppose to last
Depends on how you use it. The apps you run simultaneously, the screen brightness, the weather condition (whether hot or cold), the network stability, and a host of other factors affect the battery performance of mobile phones. For the time you stated, your battery should be at around 91-98%.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daseento(m): 1:16am On Mar 05, 2017
yasolan:
thanks at last cheesy cheesy

How long does it take the order to arrive ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 2:22am On Mar 05, 2017
Hello House.... it seems aliexpress don't accept Mastercard Debit card anymore...I was trying to fund my wallet today using Gtbank Mastercard but I keep getting errors,I tried 3 different Gtbank Mastercard but the same thing keep happening, I use another aliexpress account and yet same result. So after chatting with a customer care Representative, I learned that they don't accept Mastercard Debit card as a means of payment, I insisted that I used it 2 days back but the guy told me that once the system identifies you are using Mastercard it will not work anymore,but Visa card is accepted without issues according to him, can someone pls confirm THIS
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 3:01am On Mar 05, 2017
Pls guys when will aliexpress give tracking number..... and my order is yet to b ship
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:02am On Mar 05, 2017
nuramohammed26:
Hello House.... it seems aliexpress don't accept Mastercard Debit card anymore...I was trying to fund my wallet today using Gtbank Mastercard but I keep getting errors,I tried 3 different Gtbank Mastercard but the same thing keep happening, I use another aliexpress account and yet same result. So after chatting with a customer care Representative, I learned that they don't accept Mastercard Debit card as a means of payment, I insisted that I used it 2 days back but the guy told me that once the system identifies you are using Mastercard it will not work anymore,but Visa card is accepted without issues according to him, can someone pls confirm THIS

Pretty sure that's not true. Most of their CCR are clueless.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:03am On Mar 05, 2017
itunity007:
Pls guys when will aliexpress give tracking number..... and my order is yet to b ship

You will only get a tracking number once your item is shipped.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 3:05am On Mar 05, 2017
fibonacci2526:

You will only get a tracking number once your item is shipped.
oh tanks men...u no slip ni?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 3:18am On Mar 05, 2017
nuramohammed26:
Have you verified the account?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 4:31am On Mar 05, 2017
I got this message when I tried again like 30min ago: ''For system security reasons, we need to verify your identity. Please check your email within 24 hours for instructions regarding additional information to provide to us to complete the verification. Prior to completing verification, you will not be able to place any orders.'' and i am yet to receive any email but then again they said 24hrs... also what do they ask for acct verification so that I can anticipate and prepare
willian10:

Have you verified the account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.