Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,474 members, 7,850,633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9416000 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2017
rookidmart:

http://www.playgiftcard.com
Go to that site, buy a Google Play gift card, enter the email address it should be sent to.
It will be sent to that email, then open Play store on your phone, redeem the gift card (enter the alpha numeric characters).
It's like a wallet service and you can use it to purchase apps and games on the Play store only.

Apparently the above method only works if your address is set to the US.

Try the method below :
http://www.patchworkoftips.com/nigerian-debit-cards-google-play-store/5677/
Thanks man, will try dz out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by haryourdayG(m): 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hello all, i downloaded an update using the OTA system upgrade and upon rebooting for updating MIUI, it keeps switching off and on and the update isn't even completed. Help out on my Redmi note 4 mtk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
Dam5reey:

Same here too Only, Voice call works for my OTPs... MTN I just tire for the System these network providers are using
At least voice calls are working for you. Nothing works, voice calls, OTP, 2FA. Very annoying. And to reverse it is war, the customer care agents say the program is down.
I'm porting on Monday..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
haryourdayG:
Hello all, i downloaded an update using the OTA system upgrade and upon rebooting for updating MIUI, it keeps switching off and on and the update isn't even completed. Help out on my Redmi note 4 mtk

Just pray it's not bricked because your phone came with a vendor rom.

Plug it to a charger and leave it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by haryourdayG(m): 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
GrandMufti:

Just pray it's not bricked because your phone came with a vendor rom.

Plug it to a charger and leave it.
Thanks for your timely response. It's true my phone came with a vendor rom but i have updated to the global version and that was why i was able to receive update notification. I have done as you said, but if it's bricked, any help on how to fix it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FBS: 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
vanchi:

Use UBA at midnight
Apparently play store requires a credit card.
Do you have options to pay with your phone credit balance or PayPal?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
haryourdayG:

Thanks for your timely response. It's true my phone came with a vendor rom but i have updated to the global version and that was why i was able to receive update notification. I have done as you said, but if it's bricked, any help on how to fix it?

You'll probably need to do a clean install i.e. fastboot.

How did you update to the global version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by haryourdayG(m): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
GrandMufti:

You'll probably need to do a clean install i.e. fastboot.

How did you update to the global version?
I downloaded the Nikel rom, updated via SP flash tools
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
Razael23:
My Mi Max tempered glass just arrived, collected my Aukey quick charge 3.0 charger 2 days ago... everytin is now set. just waitin for the Big boy to land!! i just cant seem to keep calm grin
i know that "just can't seem calm" mode ooh. Did you order and ship via dhl? and that your 3.0 charger, can u post a picture of it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mogenerous(f): 2:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
To root or not to root? All my other devices have rooted in the past, i end up not being able to unroot completely and couldn't update os as a result of that now i'm really contemplating rooting my device but i need opinions pls. Device is xiaomi redmi 3s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mogenerous:
To root or not to root? All my other devices have rooted in the past, i end up not being able to unroot completely and couldn't update os as a result of that now i'm really contemplating rooting my device but i need opinions pls. Device is xiaomi redmi 3s
to my own knowledge, phones from renowned n acknowledge OEMs alwys av one or more unrooting procedure or guide, but a common phenomenon to all is installing a stock factory rom as d best unrooting route to take, if you really need root priviledge go ahead n root ya redmi 3s, to unroot it, u will need to clean install a fastboot rom on the phone....lobatan!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mogenerous(f): 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
gidieberry:
to my own knowledge, phones from renowned n acknowledge OEMs alwys av one or more unrooting procedure or guide, but a common phenomenon to all is installing a stock factory rom as d best unrooting route to take, if you really need root priviledge go ahead n root ya redmi 3s, to unroot it, u will need to clean install a fastboot rom on the phone....lobatan!!!

Oh thanks. Can i use kingroot?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mogenerous:

Oh thanks. Can i use kingroot?
i dont know if kingroot has an exploit for d fone since am not usin it, but here is a general modus operandi for obtaining root on most xiaomi phones
-first u unlock ya bootloader
-second u flash a twrp image file using a pc
-third from the new custom recovery, u flash a root zip file it cud b SuperSU by chainfire or Superuser by koush

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Razael23(m): 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
willian10:

6k charger, u be rich gang cool

LOL... i actually got it for $13.50 datz about 4K+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
haryourdayG:
chai cryy e b say na now wey I don order dis note 4 una come dey give negative comment...........una come dey make me fear and my order as being ship undecided embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
haryourdayG:

I downloaded the Nikel rom, updated via SP flash tools

Do the same. Download the latest rom and flash with sp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Razael23(m): 3:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
nadalion:

i know that "just can't seem calm" mode ooh. Did you order and ship via dhl? and that your 3.0 charger, can u post a picture of it?

ok would do dat... but bros the charger is freaking massive i have never seen such before. And as for the shipment i used Free shipping, Aliexpress standard shipping via Singapost. who born me wey i go use DHL.. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2017
itunity007:
chai cryy e b say na now wey I don order dis note 4 una come dey give negative comment...........una come dey make me fear and my order as being ship undecided embarassed

It's not a negative comment.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mogenerous:

You'll be too busy to go down this route.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
Razael23:

Mine na generic Qualcomm 3.0, cheaper than aukey though am not sure if is the same quality. got it from gearbest.. cost $4.89

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
Baroba:

Mine na generic Qualcomm 3.0, cheaper than aukey though am not sure if is the same quality. got it from gearbest.. cost $4.89
aukey along with tronsmort re well known brands, n besides z dt ya charger branded....from d look, i think it aint branded...u pay for what u get

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mogenerous(f): 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
GrandMufti:

You'll be too busy to go down this route.

Uhm, I don't understand
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
itunity007:
You don't have any problem with the note 4, at least there is global romance now. For those with vendor rom, flashing with sp flash tool is very easy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mogenerous:
If you really need to root, kingroot and co won't work, you need to flash a custom recovery to root.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 4:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
gidieberry:
aukey along with tronsmort re well known brands, n besides z dt ya charger branded....from d look, i think it aint branded...u pay for what u get

Sure, my no brand 2.0 did a good job so I decided to try this out. Am not expecting any miracles, it was cheap anyway...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
Razael23:

How fast is it bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 4:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
Dam5reey:

Just convert your budget to USD using 320,In this case you can afford phone between 140$ to 156$

With this you can buy the Following,
Redmi Note 4 Helio X20 3GB 32GB - $155
Redmi Note 4X SD 625 3GB 32GB - $159 at 1k
Redmi 4 Pro/prime SD 625 3GB 32 GB - 150$
Redmi 4X SD 435 2GB 16GB - $128
Redmi 3s Prime SD 430 3GB 32GB - $155
thanks, Redmi Note 4 Helio X20 3GB 32GB and Redmi 4 Pro/prime SD 625 3GB 32 GB which is better.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dimex03(m): 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
I was funding my alipocket after buying $10 and $20, this is what I'm seeing on my account. And it's giving an error message each time i try to buy more. Note, the card I'm using is mine

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
Razael23:

ok would do dat... but bros the charger is freaking massive i have never seen such before. And as for the shipment i used Free shipping, Aliexpress standard shipping via Singapost. who born me wey i go use DHL.. grin
And how long has your phone been on transit? when did u order it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
Dimex03:
I was funding my alipocket after buying $10 and $20, this is what I'm seeing on my account. And it's giving an error message each time i try to buy more. Note, the card I'm using is mine

Appeal time,try to load the money on the desktop site and appeal,welcome to the long journey
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ebubemg:
thanks, Redmi Note 4 Helio X20 3GB 32GB and Redmi 4 Pro/prime SD 625 3GB 32 GB which is better.

Note 4 Helio X10 is more powerful, it is 5.5"
Redmi 4 Pro/prime Is More Efficient, and compact... it is 5.0"

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurez305(m): 6:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
gidieberry:
i dont know if kingroot has an exploit for d fone since am not usin it, but here is a general modus operandi for obtaining root on most xiaomi phones
-first u unlock ya bootloader
-second u flash a twrp image file using a pc
-third from the new custom recovery, u flash a root zip file it cud b SuperSU by chainfire or Superuser by koush
please can you tell me the benefit of rooting a phone. Is it a must I root my phone... and if I don't root it, what will I missed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: suffy834(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.