Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,758 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9174704 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ProFuhrer: 11:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
I can't believe the RN6Pro with 4000mAh has no Quick Charge. That's a big letdown.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grinface98(m): 11:20pm On Dec 08, 2018
yak:

do you stay in Abeokuta?
if yes, is there any network that has 4G within Abeokuta?
Airtel has.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phayteprecious1(f): 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
Gptech:

E don tey small sha, the network good for ur area?
How many gb for 1k?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by delvinmaya(m): 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2018
bigtt76:
Looks like your charging port or charger faulty. Get a new charger and or new cable to test.

Tried other chargers including the Redmi 5A charger of my wife's phone. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 12:06am On Dec 09, 2018
iliyande:

My sim still gets 4gig for 1k grin I've started accumulating data again 30gig
how
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 12:12am On Dec 09, 2018
ProFuhrer:
I can't believe the RN6Pro with 4000mAh has no Quick Charge. That's a big letdown.

It supports quick charge 3.0

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ProFuhrer: 12:21am On Dec 09, 2018
DhimxyMaxwell:

It supports quick charge 3.0
Where did you see this? There's nothing on official Xiaomi site and gsmarena.

Please confirm let me know if I'll be selling it off.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 12:26am On Dec 09, 2018
ProFuhrer:
Where did you see this? There's nothing on official Xiaomi site and gsmarena.

Please confirm let me know if I'll be selling it off.

I one buy o if you which to sell it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shyshally(f): 12:31am On Dec 09, 2018
Hey guys, Xiaomi is indeed an awesome brand with great phones. But the risk of using the phone in Nigeria (no xiaomi office here for repairs) is quite high. Also it seems getting the global version to Nigeria is risky( the issue BTW noobody and the other guy). Because the phone might get bricked if I try to update it.
So my question is, is it worth it? Getting the phone to Nigeria or should I just go with infinix ( for the safety of familiarity). Even though xiaomi is better. Thanks
honest answers pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by froshroy(m): 12:55am On Dec 09, 2018
shyshally:
Hey guys, Xiaomi is indeed an awesome brand with great phones. But the risk of using the phone in Nigeria (no xiaomi office here for repairs) is quite high. Also it seems getting the global version to Nigeria is risky( the issue BTW noobody and the other guy). Because the phone might get bricked if I try to update it.
So my question is, is it worth it? Getting the phone to Nigeria or should I just go with infinix ( for the safety of familiarity). Even though xiaomi is better. Thanks
honest answers pls
Depends on what you are looking out for. Infinix and Tecno are nice brands but they tend to offer poor specs for prices that can afford a better Xiaomi phone. That's just it.

The phones can be repaired in Nigeria just that the parts have to be shipped.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by prahcetomi(m): 1:00am On Dec 09, 2018
olujosh301:
Everything dark
name of theme?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ProFuhrer: 1:02am On Dec 09, 2018
I wish Xiaomi's management would discover this thread and work towards getting an office in Lagos at least.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shyshally(f): 1:24am On Dec 09, 2018
froshroy:
Depends on what you are looking out for. Infinix and Tecno are nice brands but they tend to offer poor specs for prices that can afford a better Xiaomi phone. That's just it.

The phones can be repaired in Nigeria just that the parts have to be shipped.
OK. Thanks. What about the rom, getting the global version to Nigeria?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 1:36am On Dec 09, 2018
froshroy:
It has Quick Charge 3.0 according to gadgets.ndtv.com

Pretty sure you can find wrong info about any phone somewhere on the internet.

I timed it while charging with a fast charger in my review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6rVPcSZCRE&t=9s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 1:42am On Dec 09, 2018
[quote author=shyshally post=73676090][/quote] BTW- By The Way, btw- between
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:05am On Dec 09, 2018
shyshally:

Even Chinese ROM works in Nigeria. But let day break sha, pros will answer your question,what do I know
BTW guys help me Oooo it's been 2days since they ban me from technology market and I nor do anything bad Oooo sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:06am On Dec 09, 2018
IKON360:

BTW- By The Way, btw- between
uncle teesha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shyshally(f): 2:09am On Dec 09, 2018
IKON360:

BTW- By The Way, btw- between
Meant between. Thanks, just noticed it now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 2:29am On Dec 09, 2018
Then your phone's port need cleaning or checking to make sure the contacts are well soldered to the board. From the screenshot you posted earlier, the charging looks broken and intermittent except of course you're the one disrupting it's charging every now and then undecided

delvinmaya:

Tried other chargers including the Redmi 5A charger of my wife's phone. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 2:45am On Dec 09, 2018
Depends on the model you want to buy. Some model do not currently have the global version or original global rom installed directly from the factory,, so some rogue seers on Aliexpress try to cash in on the demand and naivety of the buyer by installing fake global rom which when you try to update bricks the device.

Fret not, Chinese rom works well anywhere and is cheaper, only issue is with it not having Google Play Store factory installed, but again this can be fixed.

shyshally:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Suarez190(m): 5:49am On Dec 09, 2018
ProFuhrer:
according to reviews it has ooo.. Me I dont knw wat people are saying here..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:02am On Dec 09, 2018
shyshally:
honest answers pls

It all depends on the model you are buying, to avoid bricking why updating avoid these models currently Mi 6x, Redmi 6 pro( don't confuse it with the Redmi Note 6 pro).

Also you can buy through touts here who am 100% sure we get you a device that you won't encounter updates issue, I have updated my Redmi Note 5 AI global ROM 3 times with 0 issues.

As for repairs a good repairer can get it done. The only downside for now is some parts especially display have to be ordered from AliExpress (even some brands who have customer support in the country still face unavailability of parts).

Lastly, it all comes down to you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 6:03am On Dec 09, 2018
So its 2hrs charging time thats d new wahala... For phone dat will give u 9+ hours Screen on time..
Biko sell am. Dem go rush am like today bread.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:23am On Dec 09, 2018
Phayteprecious1:

How many gb for 1k?
Approximately 3.6 gig if you are on oga sim.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:36am On Dec 09, 2018
macbeyland:
Xaiomi Mi max 3 4/64gb Black available @
93k per piece.

Xiaomi Amazfit Bip Chinese version available @25k per piece.

Xiaomi 2c 20,000mah power bank available @10k per piece
Xiaomi mi band 3 available @ 10k per piece.

1 pcs of xiaomi redmi 5 plus Global version gold color available @62k (Last price,)

Freebies on all phones include
2 tempered glass
1 360 degree case
1 earpiece
1 32gb memory card for 64gb phone and 16gb memory card for 32gb phone.
1 extra original Xiaomi micro USB cable, for old customers....

High quality SanDisk memory card available on bulk purchase of 10 pieces minimum
8gb SanDisk =N1350
16gb SanDisk N1450
32gb SanDisk N1700
One year warranty on all memory cards.

Mixza Tohaoll Micro SD card available @ 1600 for 16gb, 1500 for 8gb. All bulk purchase of 10 pieces minimum.

Single piece cost 3500 for 32gb, 2700 for 16gb.

360 degree case and 5D glass protectors available for redmi note 5, redmi 5 plus, mi a2 lite and mi max 3 @800 naira/piece for 5D glass and 1400 naira/ piece for 360 degree case

Call or watsapp on 08062907289

https:///send?phone=2348062907289[/b]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:38am On Dec 09, 2018
Suarez190:
according to reviews it has ooo.. Me I dont knw wat people are saying here..

I will confirm this when the one I ordered arrives on Monday.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by babashiko(m): 6:41am On Dec 09, 2018
ProFuhrer:
I use it and I can confirm that it does support quick charge and it charges faster than all these infinix products with quick charge the only let down is that the phone didn't come with quick charger which you can get separately

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:42am On Dec 09, 2018
macbeyland:

I will confirm this when the one I ordered arrives on Monday.
Welcome area know it supports, your test will only condor this wink.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:46am On Dec 09, 2018
henry007:

Pretty sure you can find wrong info about any phone somewhere on the internet.

I timed it while charging with a fast charger in my review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6rVPcSZCRE&t=9s
Yours have proven to be a good source of wrong info before, even this is not different, remember how long your Redmi note 4 charged? tongue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:47am On Dec 09, 2018
ProFuhrer:
It supports quick charge.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:51am On Dec 09, 2018
shyshally:
honest answers pls
Just state your budget, you'll be given the best available device to pick from depending on your priority, there's no ish about using any of their devices here, just ask questions and you'll be fine, many who fell into the hands of dubious sellers didn't ask to get enough info.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:57am On Dec 09, 2018
Gptech:

Yours have proven to be a good source of wrong info before, even this is not different, remember how long your Redmi note 4 charged? tongue.

Lolzzz. Chai. Thank God I have a quick charger and even xiaomi 2c powerbank that supports quick charge. Once the device comes, this review will either be authenticated or dispelled.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: yongLord(m), sirqeeboi(m), Prechy2836(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.