Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9164846 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) (4050) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 7:13am On Dec 09, 2018
grinface98:
Airtel has.
thanks. I will check it out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:19am On Dec 09, 2018
part 1 instant pick up deals

Brand new,orginal global rom installed,rose gold,note 5 ai 3/32gb 2 pcs avail....58k

Freebies

2 tempered glass..
2 cases..
1 uk plug adapter....
1 ring holder...

Zealot s9 wireless bluetooth speaker:6k

Call/whatsapp:07051054953/08100115319

Cheers

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ChristineC: 7:22am On Dec 09, 2018
noobody:
part 1 instant pick up deals

Brand new,orginal global rom installed,rose gold,note 5 ai 3/32gb 2 pcs avail....58k

Freebies

2 tempered glass..
2 cases..
1 uk plug adapter....
1 ring holder...

Zealot s9 wireless bluetooth speaker:6k

Call/whatsapp:07051054953/08100115319

Cheers
is that quick charger in your pix?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 7:23am On Dec 09, 2018
babashiko:
I use it and I can confirm that it does support quick charge and it charges faster than all these infinix products with quick charge the only let down is that the phone didn't come with quick charger which you can get separately

Quick chargers aren't normally included in the redmi series. The max series normally have fast chargers though. Except max (1)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:28am On Dec 09, 2018
ChristineC:
is that quick charger in your pix?

Yes 42W insanely fast quick charger with 3 ports that all supports fast charge.

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ChristineC: 7:29am On Dec 09, 2018
noobody:

Cheers
e lo ni?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2018
ProFuhrer:
Where did you see this? There's nothing on official Xiaomi site and gsmarena.

Please confirm let me know if I'll be selling it off.
I saw it in a review
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ProFuhrer: 8:35am On Dec 09, 2018
babashiko:
I use it and I can confirm that it does support quick charge and it charges faster than all these infinix products with quick charge the only let down is that the phone didn't come with quick charger which you can get separately
Have you tried charging from 0 with a Quick Charger. Please I want to know how long it takes to get full.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2018
ProFuhrer:
Where did you see this? There's nothing on official Xiaomi site and gsmarena.

Please confirm let me know if I'll be selling it off.

You know how some people manufacture phone specs in their head sometimes....

All I want to know is "Why?"

Why lie to people only for them to buy and not get fast charging that they expect.

I have the Pocophone and Redmi Note 6 Pro. The charging speed difference is clear.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ChristineC: 9:13am On Dec 09, 2018
henry007:

You know how some people manufacture phone specs in their head sometimes....

All I want to know is "Why?"

Why lie to people only for them to buy and not get fast charging that they expect.

I have the Pocophone and Redmi Note 6 Pro. The charging speed difference is clear.
did you use same quick charger for both? What exactly is the time difference?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2018
macbeyland:

Lolzzz. Chai. Thank God I have a quick charger and even xiaomi 2c powerbank that supports quick charge. Once the device comes, this review will either be authenticated or dispelled.

You don't need to review it. You already know 101% of the specs of RN6P, unless you choose to be in doubt for the sake of it.

My quick charger, thank Xiaomi.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 9:18am On Dec 09, 2018
noobody:

Cheers
how much is it? And I hope it won't have any adverse effect on the rn5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 9:18am On Dec 09, 2018
ChristineC:
did you use same quick charger for both? What exactly is the time difference?

I only charged with a Quick Charger for my test.

I shared my findings

henry007:
I finally finished my second charging test today and I recorded accurately uninterrupted power supply from 21% to 99% with a Quick charger for Infinix Zero 5.

It took 126 minutes to charge from 21% to 99%

Let me do quick arithmetic

99-21 = 78

161.5mins to charge from 0% to 100%

So we have about 2 hours and 41mins to charge from 0 to 100. Turns out y'all were more correct than i was embarassed

I haven't tested with the follow come charger but seeing that this isn't quick charging. The results should be about the same.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 9:20am On Dec 09, 2018

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2018
shyshally:
Meant between. Thanks, just noticed it now
you are welcome
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 9:28am On Dec 09, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:
uncle teesha
how we go do o?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eeechenmeelee1: 9:38am On Dec 09, 2018
shyshally:
Hey guys, Xiaomi is indeed an awesome brand with great phones. But the risk of using the phone in Nigeria (no xiaomi office here for repairs) is quite high. Also it seems getting the global version to Nigeria is risky( the issue BTW noobody and the other guy). Because the phone might get bricked if I try to update it.
So my question is, is it worth it? Getting the phone to Nigeria or should I just go with infinix ( for the safety of familiarity). Even though xiaomi is better. Thanks
honest answers pls
The fact you're still asking questions like these means infinix never show you pepper enough, life is full of risk, there's no escaping it. Heck even infinix, tecno n itel have limited official support for a majority of their phones, so unless you're a very rough n careless user of phone then you have nothing to worry about. Xiaomi is a top quality Chinese brand that known in China n India with a combined population of over 2 billion human beings, same CAN NOT be said for infinix tecno n itel, so relax your mind n go get the Xiaomi phone of your choice n enjoy maximum value for your hard earned money. But if for some unimaginable reason you feel you you MUST get an infinix phone, then the only phones from them now that is worth it is the note 5/ note 5 stylus android one version. My 2 cents
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2018
Abeg which kain boat come carry this order. Contacted d seller, no reply since. Am beginning to suspect some foul play here.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phayteprecious1(f): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2018
Gptech:

Approximately 3.6 gig if you are on oga sim.
Is it the normal code?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2018
alosbaba007:
Abeg which kain boat come carry this order. Contacted d seller, no reply since. Am beginning to suspect some foul play here.

Just open dispute and collect your money back, that’s over 19days and no change in status.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2018
Stormyweather:
Brand new Xiaomi Mi A2 lite for sale. 3/32, comes with tempered glasses and cases. Location is Lagos. Can be sent anywhere on buyer's discretion. 08068172042
Brand new note 6pro also available. 3/32gb.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Just open dispute and collect your money back, that’s over 19days and no change in status.

Madam thanks will do dt now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:00am On Dec 09, 2018
alosbaba007:

From my experience,tracking numbers starting with RP from china registered do not show update dat much,but if its past 4weeks,u r free to want to open dispute sha,
Dem just be like turkey post and HK post too

Most of them nor dey show updates,u wud just get called by PO dat item is avail.

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:03am On Dec 09, 2018
alosbaba007:

Madam thanks will do dt now.

Infact just avoid China registered airmail, that thing is like snail right now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 10:06am On Dec 09, 2018
maclawrence02:

3/32gig still available I just ordered for my younger sister cost 50,200. I had to hurriedly help her sell her barely 6months old tecno k9 2/16 for 25k.

Bro wat phone u using.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shyshally(f): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2018
[genius43 [/quote]
Thanks. This really helped. Unfortunately it was the redmi 6 pro I had finally chosen after comparing with note 5. I compared the redmi note 5ai with the redmi 6 pro now & they're quite similar and at the same price range. The only major thing the redmi note 5ai doesn't have is the dedicated SD card slot. Besides, it has a better front camera. I'll just go for the redmi note 5ai. Thanks for the help. By the way, who do you suggest I buy from(the global version) here on nairaland ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:19am On Dec 09, 2018
[quote author=shyshally post=73683128]

Which ever u decide to go for,

The mi a2 lite and the redmi note 5 ai is avail for instant pick up,

Call/whatsapp:07051054953,08100115319

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jhadu: 10:22am On Dec 09, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Infact just avoid China registered airmail, that thing is like snail right now.

I tire for them o, the annoying thing is that they don't update their data. I've already received 2 items i ordered which according to their data its still with the airline.

NB: I think its because of the holidays, stuffs i shipped with china post came faster than the one i Shipped with aliexpress standard shipping. Still yet to receive the order i Placed for an item 11th of last month.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2018
jhadu:

I tire for them o, the annoying thing is that they don't update their data. I've already received 2 items i ordered which according to their data its still with the airline.

NB: I think its because of the holidays, stuffs i shipped with china post came faster than the one i Shipped with aliexpress standard shipping. Still yet to receive the order i Placed for an item 11th of last month.

I think you are referring to China post ordinary small packet plus because their carrier is untrackable down to Nigeria, am actually referring to their registered airmail. It’s damn terrible these days.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lekerhymes(m): 10:43am On Dec 09, 2018
Etisalat data is now available

Hurry while stock last!!!

*Do you have an Etisalat Sim?*

*Is the standard Etisalat data fee subscription too expensive for you?*

*Worry not, because the solution for data is here*

*Why buy standard Etisalat data of 2.5Gb for N2000, when you can get the same Etisalat data for #1400

*think smart, think wise*

*Join the moving train now for all your Etisalat data services*

*New Etisalat 9mobile package & Price list*

*2.5Gb 1400*
*5gb 2300*
*7.5gb 3200*
*10gb 4200*
*11gb 4600*

*Contact me on 07034643236*
*Legit and guaranteed.*
*Validity is one month.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jackossky(m): 10:43am On Dec 09, 2018
shyshally:
Hey guys, Xiaomi is indeed an awesome brand with great phones. But the risk of using the phone in Nigeria (no xiaomi office here for repairs) is quite high. Also it seems getting the global version to Nigeria is risky( the issue BTW noobody and the other guy). Because the phone might get bricked if I try to update it.
So my question is, is it worth it? Getting the phone to Nigeria or should I just go with infinix ( for the safety of familiarity). Even though xiaomi is better. Thanks
honest answers pls

Like you rightly said,Xiaomi is a better phone (When compared with others of the same price range) but then, the downside of it is that you must be extra careful with the product. I mean, just getting a compatible screen guard becomes a herculean task as it had to be shipped to Nigeria. Will you be able to cope with that? We don't know what might happen tomorrow, what if the screen gets broken, how will you repair it?
This is what is going to happen, you might have to come down to Lagos since most sellers and those that affirm to be Xiaomi repairers are majorly based in lag, imagine the time it would take, now, for the parts to be shipped, it will also take some days and finally for it it get repaired. So,if perhaps your phone develops a screen problem, it will take days to get it fixed.
If you can cope will this then I will adjudicate for you to get a Xiaomi product. I love it though, those are the cons,I haven't updated my phone so I don't know what others are but hey, cheers.

Xiaomi is lit.
Repping Redmi 5plus but to order for your phone, please, do order from Ifedith but we also have Protein0,nobody,maybeyland and others but I can vouch for Ifedith.

Before I forget, I see you joining the Xiaomi family soonest. Adios

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:44am On Dec 09, 2018
mathefaro:
how much is it? And I hope it won't have any adverse effect on the rn5

According to the manufacturer,it has ai smart charging,

So it shldnt av any adverse effect,but i wud advise u read to learn if your smart phone can take it,

Cheers..

(1) (2) (3) ... (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) (4050) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monshow25(m), presido2e(m), prodiG(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.