Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,780 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4048) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9231923 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4045) (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) (4050) (4051) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:44am On Dec 09, 2018
part 1 instant pick up deals

Brand new,orginal global rom installed,rose gold,note 5 ai 3/32gb 2 pcs avail....58k

Freebies

2 tempered glass....
2 cases....
1 uk plug adapter....
1 ring holder...

Zealot s9 wireless bluetooth speaker:6k..

Call/whatsapp:07051054953/08100115319

Cheers

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:44am On Dec 09, 2018
ChristineC:
e lo ni?

Call/whatsapp:07051054953,08100115319

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kimberly01: 10:47am On Dec 09, 2018
Appreciate all the erudite gurus in the house.
Pls help me with this two questions about this device of mine
1. Pls is MIUI 10 available for my device (if no when )
2. It's the device Global Rom or Global stable Rom.

PS I need clarification cos am abit confuse...
A new user thou

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 11:03am On Dec 09, 2018
Kimberly01:

A new user thou

Bros, you dey try o.

O boi, How you take dey read this thing? I had to strain my eyes a little before I could read some of what's in your Screnshot

Anyways, As for your question 1, nobody can answer you as we are not Xiaomi software engineers.... The MIUI forum will help You

Question #2: You use a note 5a prime which was only produced solely for Malaysia and China market. So no, your device is not a global version (if I get your question right)

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2018
Una do well. I just finished una 25 pages.
Good morning all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hisholar2(m): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2018
Hello ma'am, how can one know if the global rom on his phone is original?
bigtt76:
Depends on the model you want to buy. Some model do not currently have the global version or original global rom installed directly from the factory,, so some rogue seers on Aliexpress try to cash in on the demand and naivety of the buyer by installing fake global rom which when you try to update bricks the device.

Fret not, Chinese rom works well anywhere and is cheaper, only issue is with it not having Google Play Store factory installed, but again this can be fixed.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hisholar2(m): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2018
hisholar2:
can someone plz confirm if this is original because am kinda scared of updating, am a newbie to xiaomi though cry

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kanmiboy(m): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2018
Need genuine help on which phone to buy pls btw redmi 5plus ,redmi 6pro and mi a2 lite with reasons abeg....tanks in anticipation....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 11:44am On Dec 09, 2018
henry007:

I only charged with a Quick Charger for my test.

I shared my findings

You should have used a QC 3.0 charger. The infinix zero 5 (not compatible with Qualcomm devices) flash charger will not give you accurate result. Repeat your test with original Xiaomi qc 3.0 or anker qc 3.0 charger

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:52am On Dec 09, 2018
hisholar2:
can someone plz confirm if this is original because am kinda scared of updating, am a newbie to xiaomi though cry

Shop rom,fake. If you update, your phone will be bricked na to Dey use the phone like that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:53am On Dec 09, 2018
Kanmiboy:
Need genuine help on which phone to buy pls btw redmi 5plus ,redmi 6pro and mi a2 lite with reasons abeg....tanks in anticipation....
what exactly do u want or need in a phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:55am On Dec 09, 2018
Kanmiboy:

Redmi 5 plus if you want MIUI,4000mah with sd625

Redmi 6 pro if you can get the original sealed Chinese version only as there is no global rom for the phone. 4000mah,has ad dedicated sd slot, dual rear camera and a notch if you are into that.

Mi a2 lite, shares same specs with Redmi 6 pro (global version)but it’s stock android.

The choice is basically yours.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 11:56am On Dec 09, 2018
Good question.... I've not experienced this but most times the seller (if purchased from Aliexpress) would warn you against trying to update for fear you might file a dispute against them if phone bricks.

Most times however, the OTA updates would fail citing unsupported rom in the error message.

There's also an entry on the About Phone page that is different for non original global rom... Maybe oga Gptech can help here undecided

hisholar2:
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2018
hisholar2:

Why is your device different from mine?

But I think the only way to know if you have a counterfeit ROM or perhaps device in your case is if your Redmi 6 pro languages are other than Chinese and English... Is it?

The phone doesn't have a global version

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2018
pharmtasy:

You should have used a QC 3.0 charger. The infinix zero 5 (not compatible with Qualcomm devices) flash charger will not give you accurate result. Repeat your test with original Xiaomi qc 3.0 or anker qc 3.0 charger

Smh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2018
henry007:

Smh
Understanding is key

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
bigtt76:
Good question.... I've not experienced this but most times the seller (if purchased from Aliexpress) would warn you against trying to update for fear you might file a dispute against them if phone bricks.

Most times however, the OTA updates would fail citing unsupported rom in the error message.

There's also an entry on the About Phone page that is different for non original global rom... Maybe oga Gptech can help here undecided

The .TA in the baseband version has given it away. Confirmed shop rom.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Diiike(m): 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
Please I need original 16gb memory card and an earpiece I stay in festac Lagos any seller available
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by glimpse(f): 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
Pls which xiaomi phone can I buy with 20k? Pls no insult, na wetin I get be that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
glimpse:
Pls which xiaomi phone can I buy with 20k? Pls no insult, na wetin I get be that.

Lol, none
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
glimpse:

You can get someone willing to sell a used Redmi note 2 but e go hard. If you can try to add at least 10k more you will get something better.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
shyshally:
[genius43
Thanks. This really helped. Unfortunately it was the redmi 6 pro I had finally chosen after comparing with note 5. I compared the redmi note 5ai with the redmi 6 pro now & they're quite similar and at the same price range. The only major thing the redmi note 5ai doesn't have is the dedicated SD card slot. Besides, it has a better front camera. I'll just go for the redmi note 5ai. Thanks for the help. By the way, who do you suggest I buy from(the global version) here on nairaland ?

AliExpress, Noobody, Protein0, jumia:Ifedith, I don't know if Macbeyland has in stock his comes with a lot of freebies
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
glimpse:
used redmi 2 cheesy if u see sef
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
genius43:

AliExpress, Noobody, Protein0, jumia:Ifedith, I don't know if Macbeyland has in stock his comes with a lot of freebies

Thanks for the mention. I'm expecting stock of redmi note 5aI 32gb this week only max 3 Chinese/English version available in stock

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
Kimberly01:

A new user thou
bro how can I get this your font
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
This Xiaomi Amazfit bip battery is really insane. Almost 20 days usage, I still have 73 percent battery left not to mention the fact that I have screen brightness turned to full, I am using a custom watch display that's said to reduce battery life, and I have never turned off the watch for once. Watch has been on all these while.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
macbeyland:
This Xiaomi Amazfit bip battery is really insane. Almost 20 days usage, I still have 73 percent battery left not to mention the fact that I have screen brightness turned to full, I am using a custom watch display that's said to reduce battery life, and I have never turned off the watch for once. Watch has been on all these while.
They should na make phone like that shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ImpressiveK: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
macbeyland:

Thanks for the mention. I'm expecting stock of redmi note 5aI 32gb this week only max 3 Chinese/English version available in stock

Do you sell note 6 pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
hisholar2:

Disable auto-update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
ProFuhrer:
Where did you see this? There's nothing on official Xiaomi site and gsmarena.

Please confirm let me know if I'll be selling it off.

How much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
Gptech:

Yours have proven to be a good source of wrong info before, even this is not different, remember how long your Redmi note 4 charged? tongue.

Confirmed!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
Kanmiboy:
Redmi 6 pro is better overall but if i wer u I'd find a way to get redmi note 5

(1) (2) (3) ... (4045) (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) (4050) (4051) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Unazzi, leksy07(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.